FYE 75% off all *new* Xbox/GC/GBA/PS1 games YMMV

hopeunknown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
So I went to FYE today for their brown bag trade deal and noticed the 50% off deal had been bumped up to 75% now (they had one of the printed signs above the game section for it). They had to do manual overrides as it wasn't automatically marking down in their system (it was getting the 50%, but they had to put the additional discount on top of that). Grabbed about 10 games today, lots of stuff around $2.50 or less after discount.

Please keep in mind these are NEW games, not used. It might be YMMV depending on the store, according to one of the FYE employees. I'd imagine it's probably nationwide, but confirmation from others might help.

Was just there tonight and it was still 50% at my store. I know cos I got Pokemon Sapphire for $8.99 (50% off 19.99 + Backstage).

good luck finding any truly "new" games there at this point. everything that i've seen there that was "new" was resealed by the store...very few actual factory sealed games for those older systems.

GlassAgate, YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary....means that the OP isn't sure if this is a nationwide sale or not and is offering a disclaimer/warning.

They did this around the holidays last year. Was set to 50% off for a while then right around X-Mas and New Year, there was a jump to 75% for some reason. But it didn't last long as they dropped it back to 50% again.

The store I went to had way more new than used. I got these Xbox games: GTA 3/Vice City double pack, Blinx 1 and 2, Gunvalkyrie, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Sid Meier's Pirates, Aggressive Inline, Red Dead Revolver, Robotech Battle Cry, and uhh i think a couple others. GC games I got were Super Monkey Ball and Viewtiful Joe II.

If it helps, the stores in MA I know that sell games are Brockton (which had the 75% off), Swansea, N. Dartmouth, Braintree, N. Attleboro

edit: And majority of my games were factory sealed. I think only 3-4 were shelf copies/guts but in perfect condition.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rarebucky']good luck finding any truly "new" games there at this point. everything that i've seen there that was "new" was resealed by the store...very few actual factory sealed games for those older systems.[/QUOTE]
I really don't mind that to much, I just wish they would extend it to the used games.

There's probably a store in your region that they send new games to. It probably wouldn't hurt to ask. It was pretty apparent that this store (which was a bigger one) got all the leftover new GBA games in the region...there's like 100s left, but all crappy movie or compilation games.

[quote name='rarebucky']good luck finding any truly "new" games there at this point. everything that i've seen there that was "new" was resealed by the store...very few actual factory sealed games for those older systems.[/QUOTE]

Does the store try to hide the fact that they are
resealed?

[quote name='hopeunknown']There's probably a store in your region that they send new games to. It probably wouldn't hurt to ask. It was pretty apparent that this store (which was a bigger one) got all the leftover new GBA games in the region...there's like 100s left, but all crappy movie or compilation games.[/QUOTE]

The Braintree South Shore location got most of the new games in MA. Typical FYE fodder there, but a pretty good selection nevertheless.

bread's done
Back