CAGcast #163: The White Video Game Podcast Xperience - Red Faction Edition

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:17 AM

Wombat and CheapyD gush over Red Faction: Guerrilla and go for a ride on Summer Hype Wagon. We also discuss game shopping and industry news, new releases, your CAGbag questions and more!

Listen to learn how to win 1 of 4 copies of Rolando for the iPhone/iPod Touch!

Download - 80 minutes, 32MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photos:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by CheapyD, 18 June 2009 - 01:37 PM.

#2 Jruth

Jruth

No trite shit crew gamer bro

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:39 AM

Woot!

Haven't you figured it out yet fanboys? Your mommy can't afford both consoles! Be grateful with what you got and shut the Fuck up.

- starving African bro

#3 JMEPO

JMEPO

Drakes Deception

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:41 AM

This is one of the funniest CAGcasts I've heard in a while. People don't have any problems when Cheapy shits on his floor but when he breaks out the weed, that's going too far. This moving story better live up to the hype!

Edited by JMEPO, 18 June 2009 - 08:10 AM.

#4 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:53 AM

Yipe entertainment! I've been up more than 24 hours for no reason, I need pills....... :whee: I miss my job :'(
Spoiler

#5 weevles

weevles

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:55 AM

Whoo! That's some big ass lobster clawz.

#6 tcolberg

tcolberg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:02 AM

Can't access the Facebook photo of Wombat for some reason, but that is a giant lobster claw.

Wombat, you need to start working your ability to get free stuff and snag us some 360 related swag to be given away.

Oh, and though this is related to last week's cast, I put Red Faction on my CAG wish list because all of you have been fawning over it.

Downloading the cast now!

#7 Jruth

Jruth

No trite shit crew gamer bro

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:12 AM

Can't access the Facebook photo of Wombat for some reason, but that is a giant lobster claw.

Wombat, you need to start working your ability to get free stuff and snag us some 360 related swag to be given away.

Oh, and though this is related to last week's cast, I put Red Faction on my CAG wish list because all of you have been fawning over it.

Downloading the cast now!

Haven't you figured it out yet fanboys? Your mommy can't afford both consoles! Be grateful with what you got and shut the Fuck up.

- starving African bro

#8 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:29 AM

Wombat is wrong about his bathroom neighbor's vibrating gas noises! I'm willing to bet it was his cell phone set to vibrate, I often text while taking a crap and I'll set my phone to vibrate so my phone doesn't make any embarrassing noises while I'm dropping a deuce.

Good show so far, I literally got up out of bed to make this comment because it triggered an AH HAH moment.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 sneakysnake128

sneakysnake128

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:43 AM

Nice! Always great to listen to you guys talking while working late into the night.

#10 milkham

milkham

Master Massaginist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:44 AM

hope there are no complaints over the game that cheapy keeps mentioning in this cast, i think anyone ought to agree that it's a ridiculous name.
Posted Image
^^^^^That is Waka Inoue^^^^^^

Check My List | [url=http://flickr.com/photos/milkman/]My Flickr Page |

#11 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:53 AM

Lest anyone think I was making it up:

Posted Image

#12 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:15 AM

hey Cheaps, all those uptight squares complaining about your weed stories need to chill and smoke a fat one. They got no clue. You know what I'm talkin about. Parnership for a Drug Free America is funded by tobacco, alcohol, and pharmaceutical companies, nothing drug free about them. They just don't want the competition that is safer than their shit. Anyway, if you really want to watch a documentary that will blow your socks off, check out Loose Change Final Cut on googlevideo. I highly recommend it.
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#13 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:12 PM

Lest anyone think I was making it up:

Posted Image

I really hoped you were......... I hope they at least make it fun and tings.......
Spoiler

#14 Achuba Nanoia

Achuba Nanoia

Tropical arctic fox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:10 PM

Sweet, can't wait to leave work so I can download and listen to it! BTW, the pictures of Wombat eating lobster are awesome lol.
The most difficult game of all is life: 1up, no pause, no save-feature, no strategy guide. Just pray you can get someone to play co-op.

#15 Hiei69

Hiei69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:18 PM

Wombat's storage situation in his basement reminds me of one of George Carlin's jokes. "You ever notice that your stuff is shit and their shit is stuff?" lol
Currently Playing: :wii: Rhythm Heaven Fever :pc: Pixel Junk Eden
:pc: Rock of Ages :pc: Skyrim :psp: Corpse Party
Rayman Origins, Lumines Electronic Symphony, and Hot Shots Golf on the Vita

#16 Blahblex

Blahblex

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:30 PM

Many of you who complain about weed seem to fit the stereotype of the frail American prude. It's what he did when he was in California and how he experienced E3. I doubt half of you would complain if he said he drank just because drinking is legal. Anyone who has issues with weed and goes crazy over the mention of it has serious issues.

Oh and I hate how some of you try to make him feel bad about it. Truly idiotic considering it's on the level of drinking.

I wanted to compliment the podcast for not being boring trash. I am a new listener and I mainly listen to the CAGcast and Tapezilla, both great. For the people who complain they want more "I r SeRRRiuSS" gaming coverage, fine, go and listen to the thousand fall asleep gaming podcasts that are clean cut and emit jokes on the level of the 1950's white picket fence variety.

Edited by Blahblex, 18 June 2009 - 01:50 PM.

#17 Cursor

Cursor

Livin' a CAG paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:45 PM

Here's a link to the Red Faction video review at Eat-Sleep-Game that Wombat talks about.

Yes, THANK YOU for not spoiling it, Wombat. You were right.

http://www.eat-sleep...a-video-review/

#18 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:17 PM

hey Wombat, how was that Mario Cock game? is it true what they say about Italian plumbers?
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#19 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:20 PM

just because Forza is out doesn't make it the better game than Gran Turismo. no wait nevermind.

for the record news about the Black College experience came out years ago. As a black person who actually had the black college experience I was baffled even then as to what this game would entail. I'm one of maybe 3 black guys who doesn't play football games (past the SNES) so I didn't and don't care but yeah it's been hanging out for years.

and you haven't lost all of your black fans. You've gone pretty borderline occasionally but I don't think you've ever crossed the line in seriousness. You're like the MadWorld of white podcasts. So hilariously over the top you can't possibly take it serious.

How about Need for Burnout instead of lame colons:

Edited by Wolfkin, 18 June 2009 - 02:57 PM.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#20 spineynorman

spineynorman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

Parnership for a Drug Free America is funded by tobacco, alcohol, and pharmaceutical companies, nothing drug free about them. Anyway, if you really want to watch a documentary that will blow your socks off, check out Loose Change Final Cut on googlevideo. I highly recommend it.

Ooooohhh boy. :dunce:

#21 ohmyblazes

ohmyblazes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

You guys suck CheapyD and Wombat! You make me want to go home and play some Red Faction but I'm at work all day!

#22 goodybear

goodybear

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:38 PM

Hey Wombat, if you were serious about making a video game for the iphone, you might want to check out these programs.

iTGE (for making 3D games for the iPhone) - $500
iTGB (for making 2D games for the iPhone) - $500
unity3d (for make powerful iPhone games on the mac) - $199 - 1499

#23 ZombieJeebus

ZombieJeebus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:48 PM

I don't get the E3 criticism...boring by the numbers reciting of facts is why I stopped listening to every other video game podcast. Well, that plus I got tired of all of them telling me why LBP was going to change the world.

#24 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:54 PM

Marginally NSFW:

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#25 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

oh hey I completely forgot to mention how great this podcast was. I haven't even touched the Red Faction demo and yet your enthusiasm for the game was so palpable I just put it on my wishlist. Two guys talking about the games they're enjoying is why I've stayed tuned in. Now that E3 is over hopefully we can get back on track and quite frankly I'd like to see more Hype Wagon if you can muster the energy.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#26 scrapple

scrapple

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:35 PM

loved the show again fellas..

When is shipwreck going to become a permanent fixture in the show?

He brings the "Game Geek" vibe to the show, being he seems to know about every game out there and his feedback is always intelligent.

Cheapy, keep up the weed and dookie talk.. out here in Crapghanistan I need a good laugh and your sarcasm is good stuff.

btw, You guys gotta check out Rocket Riot on xbox live arcade.. my new addiction

#27 jeffpm

jeffpm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:59 PM

Many of you who complain about weed seem to fit the stereotype of the frail American prude. It's what he did when he was in California and how he experienced E3. I doubt half of you would complain if he said he drank just because drinking is legal. Anyone who has issues with weed and goes crazy over the mention of it has serious issues.

Oh and I hate how some of you try to make him feel bad about it. Truly idiotic considering it's on the level of drinking.

I wanted to compliment the podcast for not being boring trash. I am a new listener and I mainly listen to the CAGcast and Tapezilla, both great. For the people who complain they want more "I r SeRRRiuSS" gaming coverage, fine, go and listen to the thousand fall asleep gaming podcasts that are clean cut and emit jokes on the level of the 1950's white picket fence variety.

I disagree. I don't have issues with weed, I just don't want to hear it mentioned about 20 times. The same applies for drinking. If CheapyD prefaced every story he told with "a had a couple pints before I saw blah blah blah", I would get sick of hearing it. I understand that CheapyD smoked a lot of pot at E3, but I don't need to be reminded of that every time he has a story to tell. I don't think it has anything to do with immaturity or seriousness, it's just CheapyD did not stop talking about how much weed he smoked.

#28 Blahblex

Blahblex

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:05 PM

I disagree. I don't have issues with weed, I just don't want to hear it mentioned about 20 times. The same applies for drinking. If CheapyD prefaced every story he told with "a had a couple pints before I saw blah blah blah", I would get sick of hearing it. I understand that CheapyD smoked a lot of pot at E3, but I don't need to be reminded of that every time he has a story to tell. I don't think it has anything to do with immaturity or seriousness, it's just CheapyD did not stop talking about how much weed he smoked.

Understandable in that case but he was just excited that he was able to do it as it is a once a year thing for him and he clearly enjoys. it. I stand by my case that some other comments on the site from the previous thread were based on what I stated in my first post.

#29 natrozim

natrozim

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:06 PM

I'm a pretty recent fan and I gotta say keep up the good work. I really don't mind the weed/lobster talk, most of the time they were brought in a pretty humorous way really and that's why I love listening to CAG.

I didn't really have any interest in red faction but I think I'll keep an eye open for it now... Being in Canada, infamous is going to be on sale for $30 at best buy soon so I'll be picking that up and probably red faction after I'm done with it ( or if it goes on sale somewhere).

and I REALLY agree about the ps3/xbox360 video game sale/low price opportunities, I got my ps3 about a month ago and as I'm building a game library and watching out for deals I often see xbox 360 specials that blow away the ps3 ones.

Another thing I noticed is why are multiplatform on xbox360 outselling the ps3 ones so much...? But I'm slowly listenning to older podcasts and maybe you guys mentionned that in the past !

#30 sotc1988

sotc1988

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:07 PM

Man people are really uptight about the weed talk aren't they? I think it's just the social stigma that weed has gotten over the years from people who have never even tried it. I love me some marijuana and I think Cheapy is talented enough to spin a good yarn about his adventures in LA on said drug. I respect Cheapy for telling those people that if "they don't like it, don't listen", even if the subscriber numbers aren't real high (and they should be). Like you said, everyone and their goddamn mother was covering E3, so you weren't exactly going to say anything too different about the games we all heard about from a million other sources so why not talk about something funny? Anyways, great show and keep it going Cheapy and Wombat.