• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#31 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:09 PM

Great show guys.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#32 clatu6

clatu6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:17 PM

Great show... You guys are always my most anticipated Gaming podcast. I like ListenUp too but it takes itself too seriously sometimes. I gotta have me some potty humor!

I totally agree with you. Red Faction: Guerrilla is a blast! The single player is great and is full of "Holy Shit" moments. It's not without its flaws but it's a great value for the money.

Cheapy---have you noticed yet any of Saints Row 2 references in Red Faction?

I like the Multiplayer a lot but it does need a little work. My biggest complaint is that when people leave a match (which happens often in online games) there are no replacements. It's not a problem in Deathmatch (called Anarchy in RF:G) but downright sucks in objective and team anarchy game types. I played an online match of capture the flag yesterday where 5 people quit on the opposing team and 6 people quit on mine. So it became 3 VS 2 Capture the flag on a very huge map. I hope Volition issue a patch soon for that.

Anyway...great show as always, keep up the good work.

#33 davkeats

davkeats

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:20 PM

thanks for the VICE GUIDE to North Korea recommendation. I stopped listening and went and watched it right away, It was awesome.

and to defend Cheapy, i listen cause of of him. i would stop if he wasnt heavily involved.

#34 clatu6

clatu6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:26 PM

Another thing I noticed is why are multiplatform on xbox360 outselling the ps3 ones so much...? But I'm slowly listenning to older podcasts and maybe you guys mentionned that in the past !

The 360 currently has a 2-1 advantage of installed base over the PS3 in North America. So typically PS3 mutiplatform sales are about half the 360s except for those multiplayer titles that have traditionally been on the PlayStation (eg. Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, etc.).

#35 janitor

janitor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:33 PM

My gf actually starts playing more when it gets too hard ;)

Edited by janitor, 18 June 2009 - 04:53 PM.

#36 djsilke

djsilke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:46 PM

I tried listening to this to find out why it was called the white videogame podcast experience...then saw the box pictures for the game...which i am glad i did cause damn i cant listen to this podcast...it hurts. just keep the forums alive..thank you.

#37 davucini

davucini

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:54 PM

before you guys go into cagcast feedback you guys should tell us the numbers of the last cagcast, number of downloads, breakdown on itunes vs traditional downloads

#38 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:50 PM

Lest anyone think I was making it up:

Posted Image

What do you think the Mascots look like? Eh? Eh? Eh?

Spoiler

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#39 panurge

panurge

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:50 PM

That was a great show. I was very impressed that Cheapy's heroic weed consumption at E3 has resulted in a superhero style mutation that gave him precognitive psychic powers allowing him to do a clairvoyant review of GT5 and pronounce it inferior to Forza.

#40 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:14 PM

bionic commando would have sold better if people knew about it. i never saw one commercial and there was only a demo on the xbox. i didnt even know it had been released until i went to gamestop.com and saw that it was shipping. i dunno if someone dropped the ball on advertising or if they purposely didnt want too much attention on it because they knew it was a turd but their loss is my gain cause im sure it will be very cheap not too long for now. hell the dl remake of the original game got better promotion.

600,000 sales for a console exclusive isnt bad at all considering its only selling on one console and there are alot fo games coming out now and that number will grow over time as people learn more about the game or hear about it from others. with prototype out now people are wondering which to get.

wow a fucking easy button for wii games........how the Fuck can you call yourself a gamer if you use shit liek that. part of the fun of games is getting better at them not al games are easy and its fun to be challenged by a game but to actually make it where you can push a button and the game will play a section for you is a damn joke. if thats what you want why not just sell videos of someone going through the game and then just sit back and watch. thats just more of nintendo trying to sell their games to non gamers whats to stop someone from holding the damn button through the whole game? now nintendo is really dead to me. i like my ds but all other nintendo shit is dead.

as far as your whole black college experience joke goes you need to cool that shit out. yeah i get it you think its funny one joke is enough but Fuck man you dont just beat a dead horse you rape it , sodomize it and then eat the fucker. not like youve ever been to a black college football game or even been into a black persons home im sure but black college games and the overall atmosphere are diff from the avg college game. as much as you like to say youre not racist alot of the shit you say at times makes me wonder wtf your issue with blacks is because recently youve been running your mouth more and more about these kinds of things. or maybe youre mad because they havent made an extreme championship dreidel game or a jewsih football experience game but man enough is enough. one joke 2 jokes ok but when you spend the rest of the show bringing it up enough is enough.

Edited by lokizz, 18 June 2009 - 07:49 PM.

#41 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:15 PM

Great show guys.

that sig is WAY too distracting.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#42 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:18 PM

bionic commando would have sold better if people knew about it. i never saw one commercial and there was only a demo on the xbox. i didnt even know it had been released until i went to gamestop.com and saw that it was shipping. i dunno if someone dropped the ball on advertising or if they purposely didnt want too much attention on it because they knew it was a turd but their loss is my gain cause im sure it will be very cheap not too long for now. hell the dl remake of the original gae got better promotion.

I agree, did they believe that the name alone would help push this game?

In a good way right?
Posted Image

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#43 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:38 PM

i don't know if you've seen your sig but there's clearly nothing bad about it. except how I watch it for 3 minutes at a time before I can do anything else. shame the link is full of 404s

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#44 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

I agree, did they believe that the name alone would help push this game?

In a good way right?

Shouldn't you be making a blog post for my amusement? Back to work, slacker!

#45 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:01 PM

Shouldn't you be making a blog post for my amusement? Back to work, slacker!

Posted Image

Sir Yes Sir!!
Posted Image

Spoiler

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#46 tcolberg

tcolberg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:11 PM

Marginally NSFW:

Wait, is that a quote from Bill O'Reilly going apeshit on his production crew?

Meh. For me, it's Milkyman's sig that's way too distracting.

#47 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:26 PM

oh it's good but because it's static it doesn't catch the corner of my eye. I could look at it and just stare but because it's static I can turn away when I choose.. i may not choose to but I'm comfortable knowing I can.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#48 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:30 PM

that lobster is HUGE
Great show as usual
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#49 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:35 PM

Lest anyone think I was making it up:

Posted Image

CheapyD
why do you have to be such an ass... As your only black listener, you didn't say anthing that I would deem offensive. However, you know you've offended people in the past, (the guy at E3), I've listened to all your shows and nothing has offended me. I guess what bothers me with this show is that.. its like you were playing around acting like you wanted to offend someone. You mentioned the BCE game and its like you stayed with it all show long... give it a rest. CAG knows about the game, there was a forum post about almost 2 months ago, and oh yeah, Kotaku mentioned the game sometime last year. Thank goodness there's two hosts... you need Wombat to keep you on track when you start acting like an ass.

Anyway, now, I find it funny how you want a "media" pass for E3, and you're gloating about how much site traffic you got, however you were the first to admit during the Kotaku (fake news story) incident that CAG isn't for news, its not a media site.

Good show, keep em coming.
Posted Image

#50 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:52 PM

CheapyD
why do you have to be such an ass... As your only black listener, you didn't say anthing that I would deem offensive. However, you know you've offended people in the past, (the guy at E3), I've listened to all your shows and nothing has offended me. I guess what bothers me with this show is that.. its like you were playing around acting like you wanted to offend someone. You mentioned the BCE game and its like you stayed with it all show long... give it a rest. CAG knows about the game, there was a forum post about almost 2 months ago, and oh yeah, Kotaku mentioned the game sometime last year. Thank goodness there's two hosts... you need Wombat to keep you on track when you start acting like an ass.

Anyway, now, I find it funny how you want a "media" pass for E3, and you're gloating about how much site traffic you got, however you were the first to admit during the Kotaku (fake news story) incident that CAG isn't for news, its not a media site.

I think you lost this.

Posted Image

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#51 Achuba Nanoia

Achuba Nanoia

Tropical arctic fox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:37 PM

Hey guys, great show, I didn't noticed it was over until it ended :p. According to Einstein, that's good! Some points I'd like to comment on:

1- About the Wii "Easy Button", I totally agree. Back in the 8-bit and 16-bit era, when I used to live off rental games, how many times did I get stuck at one point and just didn't want to play anymore. That doesn't happen so much today, either because I'm a better games, or because games are better designed and/or easier. That said, I agree with Cheapy, it can't hurt to have this function there. I'm not going to waste my limited patience and time and be frustraded again and again just because someone thinks it's not something a "real gamer would do". Also, I know that would make my girlfriend enjoy games more, since she does typically

2- All the weed talking, I don't mind at all and think it's funny, but for the sake of the show and to avoid forum trolls, I think you should stop mentioning, if only because it get's people all worked up, and really, if you want to discuss that, please take it somewhere else.

3- Speaking of weed, if Cheapy hadn't mentioned he was having problems with Skype at the end of the show, I was going to type that maybe he had helped himself with some leftovers from his E3 trip, because it sounded like his brain was in a different place :P;

4- The ending of the show was LOL stuff, thanks!
The most difficult game of all is life: 1up, no pause, no save-feature, no strategy guide. Just pray you can get someone to play co-op.

#52 thashadow911

thashadow911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:43 PM

Cheapy I am a black listener and I understand why you did the Doug Williams football experience. Its not that your racist or anything like that, its just that its so weird to see something like that. For example, if I seen Carlos Arroyo basketball the Puerto Rician experience, I'd laugh also. But it did go on a bit long but that's not the first time that you ever kept something going all show. Wombat sounded kind of pissed and wanted you to let it go, he kind of was acting as the fans. Anyway Great podcast.

#53 bobthecat23

bobthecat23

Més que un Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:14 PM

cheapy thanks for recommending the vice guide to n korea that place is soo
fucked up. damn would hate to live there great show and cheap no need too bash gran turismo gran turismo is by far the best racing game forza doesnt even come close to touching it. and y do i need to color my car when it makes no difrence on the race track and the developers kept saying it was the best racing expirience. please. great show

Posted Image

#54 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:19 PM

CheapyD

I'm black also, high five lol. Between Xbox live, other podcast and outside I've adjusted to the black jokes. People really love to come out of no where with them but whatever. \\:D/ CheapyD is cool and I know he thought it was REALLY funny so he kept repeating it, I know know he wasn't trying to hurt feelings. I'm going to check out the vice guide to north korea, if half of what Cheapy said is true then...... :cry:
Spoiler

#55 SzechwanChicken

SzechwanChicken

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:31 PM

"his farts buzzed" that was the funniest part ive heard in a long time. good job Wombat. also to Cheapy - i enjoy the weed talk, i know its not for everybody but hey, people should know what they are getting into when they download podcasts. As such...what is your favorite strain?
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/SzechwanChicken]Posted Image[/url] Posted Image

#56 ShinAkumA21

ShinAkumA21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:42 PM

i heard the gameplay for Black College Football Experience is banging white chicks all day long, failing classes and how fast someone can finish eating chicken and watermelons

i KID i KID

#57 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:09 PM

So I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but just from the thread, I have 2 things I want to say.

1. Is it just me, or does Wombat look like Tommy Dreamer in that pic where he's going to town on that claw? Only thing he's lacking is a giant silver championship belt.

2. Cheapy: All the weed talk is making me wonder, have your parents ever said anything to you about that? You mention how they listen to the show, so i'm just wondering if they ever made a comment about that. Or not even just your weed habits, but other stuff, like your "guest room experience."

I completely agree with this. :D

11317.png

#58 natrozim

natrozim

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:42 PM

CheapyD

Personally, I think what was so funny about it was why is it a "black college football experience." Like, whats so different about this game than any other football game... that theirs black people? I really don't think black college football (what is that... an all black people football league? Does that even exist?) is any different than any other college football. I live in Canada and I never heard of a "full black guy college football league".

It could have been

"The white college football experience"

and I would still be wondering, wtf?

#59 terpkristin

terpkristin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:59 PM

Really enjoyed the show this week. The last few weeks have felt a little...disjointed (I skipped the E3 one recorded late at night entirely), it felt like you guys had your rhythm back this week.

I am probably in the minority on this, but I think that the shows that are a little shorter (like this one) actually work better. You guys seem to lose your focus a bit when it gets much longer. Edit to add: I certainly seem to enjoy the "shorter" shows more.

/tk
terpkristin
Find me on XBLA and PSN as terpkristin
Wii: 4059 1919 9282 7625
Now Playing: trying to go through the stack of games...
Trying to update the blog regularly.. http://gimpygal.blogspot.com
http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/

#60 tcolberg

tcolberg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:15 AM

I just had to drop in and mention that I just listened to the part where you guys discuss many different awesome ways to blow up buildings and was laughing for what seemed like a solid two minutes.