CAGcast #163: The White Video Game Podcast Xperience - Red Faction Edition

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-l=4668]3078[/img-l]Wombat and CheapyD gush over Red Faction: Guerrilla and go for a ride on Summer Hype Wagon. We also discuss game shopping and industry news, new releases, your CAGbag questions and more!

Listen to learn how to win 1 of 4 copies of Rolando for the iPhone/iPod Touch!

[podcast]70[/podcast]
Download - 80 minutes, 32MB
[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photos:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of the funniest CAGcasts I've heard in a while. People don't have any problems when Cheapy shits on his floor but when he breaks out the weed, that's going too far. This moving story better live up to the hype!

Yipe entertainment! I've been up more than 24 hours for no reason, I need pills....... :whee: I miss my job :'(

Can't access the Facebook photo of Wombat for some reason, but that is a giant lobster claw.

Wombat, you need to start working your ability to get free stuff and snag us some 360 related swag to be given away.

Oh, and though this is related to last week's cast, I put Red Faction on my CAG wish list because all of you have been fawning over it.

Downloading the cast now!

[quote name='tcolberg']Can't access the Facebook photo of Wombat for some reason, but that is a giant lobster claw.

Wombat, you need to start working your ability to get free stuff and snag us some 360 related swag to be given away.

Oh, and though this is related to last week's cast, I put Red Faction on my CAG wish list because all of you have been fawning over it.

Downloading the cast now![/QUOTE]

Wombat is wrong about his bathroom neighbor's vibrating gas noises! I'm willing to bet it was his cell phone set to vibrate, I often text while taking a crap and I'll set my phone to vibrate so my phone doesn't make any embarrassing noises while I'm dropping a deuce.

Good show so far, I literally got up out of bed to make this comment because it triggered an AH HAH moment.

hope there are no complaints over the game that cheapy keeps mentioning in this cast, i think anyone ought to agree that it's a ridiculous name.

hey Cheaps, all those uptight squares complaining about your weed stories need to chill and smoke a fat one. They got no clue. You know what I'm talkin about. Parnership for a Drug Free America is funded by tobacco, alcohol, and pharmaceutical companies, nothing drug free about them. They just don't want the competition that is safer than their shit. Anyway, if you really want to watch a documentary that will blow your socks off, check out Loose Change Final Cut on googlevideo. I highly recommend it.

[quote name='CheapyD']Lest anyone think I was making it up:

[/QUOTE]
I really hoped you were......... I hope they at least make it fun and tings.......

Sweet, can't wait to leave work so I can download and listen to it! BTW, the pictures of Wombat eating lobster are awesome lol.

Wombat's storage situation in his basement reminds me of one of George Carlin's jokes. "You ever notice that your stuff is shit and their shit is stuff?" lol

Many of you who complain about weed seem to fit the stereotype of the frail American prude. It's what he did when he was in California and how he experienced E3. I doubt half of you would complain if he said he drank just because drinking is legal. Anyone who has issues with weed and goes crazy over the mention of it has serious issues.

Oh and I hate how some of you try to make him feel bad about it. Truly idiotic considering it's on the level of drinking.

I wanted to compliment the podcast for not being boring trash. I am a new listener and I mainly listen to the CAGcast and Tapezilla, both great. For the people who complain they want more "I r SeRRRiuSS" gaming coverage, fine, go and listen to the thousand fall asleep gaming podcasts that are clean cut and emit jokes on the level of the 1950's white picket fence variety.

just because Forza is out doesn't make it the better game than Gran Turismo. no wait nevermind.

for the record news about the Black College experience came out years ago. As a black person who actually had the black college experience I was baffled even then as to what this game would entail. I'm one of maybe 3 black guys who doesn't play football games (past the SNES) so I didn't and don't care but yeah it's been hanging out for years.

and you haven't lost all of your black fans. You've gone pretty borderline occasionally but I don't think you've ever crossed the line in seriousness. You're like the MadWorld of white podcasts. So hilariously over the top you can't possibly take it serious.

How about Need for Burnout instead of lame colons:

[quote name='rogueweapon']Parnership for a Drug Free America is funded by tobacco, alcohol, and pharmaceutical companies, nothing drug free about them. Anyway, if you really want to watch a documentary that will blow your socks off, check out Loose Change Final Cut on googlevideo. I highly recommend it.[/QUOTE]

Ooooohhh boy. :dunce:

You guys suck CheapyD and Wombat! You make me want to go home and play some Red Faction but I'm at work all day!

Hey Wombat, if you were serious about making a video game for the iphone, you might want to check out these programs.

iTGE (for making 3D games for the iPhone) - $500
iTGB (for making 2D games for the iPhone) - $500
unity3d (for make powerful iPhone games on the mac) - $199 - 1499

I don't get the E3 criticism...boring by the numbers reciting of facts is why I stopped listening to every other video game podcast. Well, that plus I got tired of all of them telling me why LBP was going to change the world.

Marginally NSFW:
policestuff_2057_58682774

oh hey I completely forgot to mention how great this podcast was. I haven't even touched the Red Faction demo and yet your enthusiasm for the game was so palpable I just put it on my wishlist. Two guys talking about the games they're enjoying is why I've stayed tuned in. Now that E3 is over hopefully we can get back on track and quite frankly I'd like to see more Hype Wagon if you can muster the energy.

loved the show again fellas..

When is shipwreck going to become a permanent fixture in the show?

He brings the "Game Geek" vibe to the show, being he seems to know about every game out there and his feedback is always intelligent.

Cheapy, keep up the weed and dookie talk.. out here in Crapghanistan I need a good laugh and your sarcasm is good stuff.

btw, You guys gotta check out Rocket Riot on xbox live arcade.. my new addiction

[quote name='Blahblex']Many of you who complain about weed seem to fit the stereotype of the frail American prude. It's what he did when he was in California and how he experienced E3. I doubt half of you would complain if he said he drank just because drinking is legal. Anyone who has issues with weed and goes crazy over the mention of it has serious issues.

Oh and I hate how some of you try to make him feel bad about it. Truly idiotic considering it's on the level of drinking.

I wanted to compliment the podcast for not being boring trash. I am a new listener and I mainly listen to the CAGcast and Tapezilla, both great. For the people who complain they want more "I r SeRRRiuSS" gaming coverage, fine, go and listen to the thousand fall asleep gaming podcasts that are clean cut and emit jokes on the level of the 1950's white picket fence variety.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I don't have issues with weed, I just don't want to hear it mentioned about 20 times. The same applies for drinking. If CheapyD prefaced every story he told with "a had a couple pints before I saw blah blah blah", I would get sick of hearing it. I understand that CheapyD smoked a lot of pot at E3, but I don't need to be reminded of that every time he has a story to tell. I don't think it has anything to do with immaturity or seriousness, it's just CheapyD did not stop talking about how much weed he smoked.

[quote name='jeffpm']I disagree. I don't have issues with weed, I just don't want to hear it mentioned about 20 times. The same applies for drinking. If CheapyD prefaced every story he told with "a had a couple pints before I saw blah blah blah", I would get sick of hearing it. I understand that CheapyD smoked a lot of pot at E3, but I don't need to be reminded of that every time he has a story to tell. I don't think it has anything to do with immaturity or seriousness, it's just CheapyD did not stop talking about how much weed he smoked.[/QUOTE]

Understandable in that case but he was just excited that he was able to do it as it is a once a year thing for him and he clearly enjoys. it. I stand by my case that some other comments on the site from the previous thread were based on what I stated in my first post.

I'm a pretty recent fan and I gotta say keep up the good work. I really don't mind the weed/lobster talk, most of the time they were brought in a pretty humorous way really and that's why I love listening to CAG.

I didn't really have any interest in red faction but I think I'll keep an eye open for it now... Being in Canada, infamous is going to be on sale for $30 at best buy soon so I'll be picking that up and probably red faction after I'm done with it ( or if it goes on sale somewhere).

and I REALLY agree about the ps3/xbox360 video game sale/low price opportunities, I got my ps3 about a month ago and as I'm building a game library and watching out for deals I often see xbox 360 specials that blow away the ps3 ones.

Another thing I noticed is why are multiplatform on xbox360 outselling the ps3 ones so much...? But I'm slowly listenning to older podcasts and maybe you guys mentionned that in the past !

Man people are really uptight about the weed talk aren't they? I think it's just the social stigma that weed has gotten over the years from people who have never even tried it. I love me some marijuana and I think Cheapy is talented enough to spin a good yarn about his adventures in LA on said drug. I respect Cheapy for telling those people that if "they don't like it, don't listen", even if the subscriber numbers aren't real high (and they should be). Like you said, everyone and their goddamn mother was covering E3, so you weren't exactly going to say anything too different about the games we all heard about from a million other sources so why not talk about something funny? Anyways, great show and keep it going Cheapy and Wombat.

Great show... You guys are always my most anticipated Gaming podcast. I like ListenUp too but it takes itself too seriously sometimes. I gotta have me some potty humor!

I totally agree with you. Red Faction: Guerrilla is a blast! The single player is great and is full of "Holy Shit" moments. It's not without its flaws but it's a great value for the money.

Cheapy---have you noticed yet any of Saints Row 2 references in Red Faction?

I like the Multiplayer a lot but it does need a little work. My biggest complaint is that when people leave a match (which happens often in online games) there are no replacements. It's not a problem in Deathmatch (called Anarchy in RF:G) but downright sucks in objective and team anarchy game types. I played an online match of capture the flag yesterday where 5 people quit on the opposing team and 6 people quit on mine. So it became 3 VS 2 Capture the flag on a very huge map. I hope Volition issue a patch soon for that.

Anyway...great show as always, keep up the good work.

thanks for the VICE GUIDE to North Korea recommendation. I stopped listening and went and watched it right away, It was awesome.

and to defend Cheapy, i listen cause of of him. i would stop if he wasnt heavily involved.

[quote name='natrozim']Another thing I noticed is why are multiplatform on xbox360 outselling the ps3 ones so much...? But I'm slowly listenning to older podcasts and maybe you guys mentionned that in the past ![/QUOTE]

The 360 currently has a 2-1 advantage of installed base over the PS3 in North America. So typically PS3 mutiplatform sales are about half the 360s except for those multiplayer titles that have traditionally been on the PlayStation (eg. Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, etc.).

I tried listening to this to find out why it was called the white videogame podcast experience...then saw the box pictures for the game...which i am glad i did cause damn i cant listen to this podcast...it hurts. just keep the forums alive..thank you.

before you guys go into cagcast feedback you guys should tell us the numbers of the last cagcast, number of downloads, breakdown on itunes vs traditional downloads

[/QUOTE]

What do you think the Mascots look like? Eh? Eh? Eh?

curved-yellow-fruit.jpg

I kid!, I kid!
triumph_head.jpg

That was a great show. I was very impressed that Cheapy's heroic weed consumption at E3 has resulted in a superhero style mutation that gave him precognitive psychic powers allowing him to do a clairvoyant review of GT5 and pronounce it inferior to Forza.

bionic commando would have sold better if people knew about it. i never saw one commercial and there was only a demo on the xbox. i didnt even know it had been released until i went to gamestop.com and saw that it was shipping. i dunno if someone dropped the ball on advertising or if they purposely didnt want too much attention on it because they knew it was a turd but their loss is my gain cause im sure it will be very cheap not too long for now. hell the dl remake of the original game got better promotion.

600,000 sales for a console exclusive isnt bad at all considering its only selling on one console and there are alot fo games coming out now and that number will grow over time as people learn more about the game or hear about it from others. with prototype out now people are wondering which to get.

wow a fucking easy button for wii games........how the fuck can you call yourself a gamer if you use shit liek that. part of the fun of games is getting better at them not al games are easy and its fun to be challenged by a game but to actually make it where you can push a button and the game will play a section for you is a damn joke. if thats what you want why not just sell videos of someone going through the game and then just sit back and watch. thats just more of nintendo trying to sell their games to non gamers whats to stop someone from holding the damn button through the whole game? now nintendo is really dead to me. i like my ds but all other nintendo shit is dead.

as far as your whole black college experience joke goes you need to cool that shit out. yeah i get it you think its funny one joke is enough but fuck man you dont just beat a dead horse you rape it , sodomize it and then eat the fucker. not like youve ever been to a black college football game or even been into a black persons home im sure but black college games and the overall atmosphere are diff from the avg college game. as much as you like to say youre not racist alot of the shit you say at times makes me wonder wtf your issue with blacks is because recently youve been running your mouth more and more about these kinds of things. or maybe youre mad because they havent made an extreme championship dreidel game or a jewsih football experience game but man enough is enough. one joke 2 jokes ok but when you spend the rest of the show bringing it up enough is enough.

[quote name='lokizz']bionic commando would have sold better if people knew about it. i never saw one commercial and there was only a demo on the xbox. i didnt even know it had been released until i went to gamestop.com and saw that it was shipping. i dunno if someone dropped the ball on advertising or if they purposely didnt want too much attention on it because they knew it was a turd but their loss is my gain cause im sure it will be very cheap not too long for now. hell the dl remake of the original gae got better promotion.[/QUOTE]

I agree, did they believe that the name alone would help push this game?

[quote name='Wolfkin']that sig is WAY too distracting.[/QUOTE]

In a good way right?
thumbs20up20low20res.jpg

i don't know if you've seen your sig but there's clearly nothing bad about it. except how I watch it for 3 minutes at a time before I can do anything else. shame the link is full of 404s

[quote name='Shimrra']I agree, did they believe that the name alone would help push this game?

In a good way right?[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't you be making a blog post for my amusement? Back to work, slacker!

[quote name='Wombat']Shouldn't you be making a blog post for my amusement? Back to work, slacker![/QUOTE]

wombatwideweb470x2760co.jpg

Sir Yes Sir!!
salutej.jpg

weekend-motivation-poster-0.jpg

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Marginally NSFW:
policestuff_2057_58682774
[/QUOTE]

Wait, is that a quote from Bill O'Reilly going apeshit on his production crew?

[quote name='Wolfkin']that sig is WAY too distracting.[/QUOTE]Meh. For me, it's Milkyman's sig that's way too distracting.

oh it's good but because it's static it doesn't catch the corner of my eye. I could look at it and just stare but because it's static I can turn away when I choose.. i may not choose to but I'm comfortable knowing I can.

[/QUOTE]

CheapyD
why do you have to be such an ass... As your only black listener, you didn't say anthing that I would deem offensive. However, you know you've offended people in the past, (the guy at E3), I've listened to all your shows and nothing has offended me. I guess what bothers me with this show is that.. its like you were playing around acting like you wanted to offend someone. You mentioned the BCE game and its like you stayed with it all show long... give it a rest. CAG knows about the game, there was a forum post about almost 2 months ago, and oh yeah, Kotaku mentioned the game sometime last year. Thank goodness there's two hosts... you need Wombat to keep you on track when you start acting like an ass.

Anyway, now, I find it funny how you want a "media" pass for E3, and you're gloating about how much site traffic you got, however you were the first to admit during the Kotaku (fake news story) incident that CAG isn't for news, its not a media site.

Good show, keep em coming.

bread's done
Back