Photo
- - - - -

PS3 Gold Box Event Today at Amazon (6/22) - COD4 $30 - DotD

• Please log in to reply
493 replies to this topic

#61 Airik

Airik

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:03 PM

Stupid question: Starts at midnight 6/21, or midnight 6/22?

Hoping for Sacred 2

Well for a stupid question, you would think I could at least get an intelligent answer.

And TY bvharris for that answer.

#62 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:09 PM

I'd like to get a PS3 but still can't justify $400 or even $350. It would be awesome if the deal of the day was a $300 PS3.

16Z462z.jpg

#63 dorikyasu

dorikyasu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:55 PM

perfect timing as I just picked up a PS3 last week. definitely looking forward to it.

#64 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:54 AM

I'd like Uncharted or Sega Genesis Collection but I'll predict due to selection, price and poor timing, I'll get nothing
I'm sure at least two of the deals will end up being BluRay movies.

#65 djduke316

djduke316

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:02 AM

Come on Father's Day cash!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#66 mdmola

mdmola

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:06 AM

I'd like to get a PS3 but still can't justify $400 or even $350. It would be awesome if the deal of the day was a $300 PS3.

I'll justify it for you then:

Free online play (no additional fees)

Rechargeable controllers

Blu-ray player

Best console for streaming videos from your PC

Built in Wi-fi adapter (I'm guessing don't need it)

Great exclusives right now, but A LOT coming in the future

Even though the Playstation 3 is expensive relatively to all other consoles, I believe it gives you best bang for buck. Also, to some people it could actually be cheaper overtime compared to the xbox 360 because the 360s xbox live service cost about $30-40 a year.

Edited by mdmola, 19 June 2009 - 01:23 AM.

#67 tagout

tagout

CAG living in Jakarta, Indonesia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:12 AM

i'll justify it for you then:

rechargeable controllers

blu-ray player

best console for streaming videos from your pc

built in wi-fi adapter (i'm guessing don't need it)

great exclusives right now, but a lot coming in the future

even though the playstation 3 is expensive relative to all other consoles, i believe it gives you best bang for buck. Also, to some people it could actually be cheaper overtime compared to the xbox 360 because the 360s xbox live service cost about $30-40 a year.

qft

#68 djduke316

djduke316

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:14 AM

I just saw that Disgaea 3 is currently $29.00 shipped on Amazon. This is the lowest I have seen it. Does anyone have any input? Is this not a decent price?

i bought it for $15 when it was on sale at buy.com. Totally worth full price in my book. I love the combo attacks!

I thought the same way 'till I bought one. You definately get your money's worth. I spent more money on the 360 Elite with all the accesories (membership fee, extra controller, 2 charge and play kits, and one expensive wireless dongle) so I don't know why people bitch about the PS3's price so much. All I had to get for PS3 was an extra controller (on sale) a blu-ray remote (clearanced at f.y.e.) and a $5 HDMI cable. But all that doesn't matter if you're not into the Sony exclusive games (REALLY? Come on did you see what's coming out?!!!) hate the controller, which I think is a cop-out reason, or just one big Halo nut, which for me got stale after Halo 2, the last good Halo game.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#69 mdmola

mdmola

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:30 AM

You could get a PS3 from Dell for $340 + ~$20 tax (Michigan tax) = $360 with a coupon, free shipping.

http://forums.slickd...uid=0&t=1405915

Coupon also works for the Xbox 360.

#70 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:35 AM

considering my PS3 is supposed to come in the mail by saturday, this is good timing!

#71 liquidgraffiti

liquidgraffiti

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:13 AM

Sweet, I'm off that day. Will be at home to watch the deals. Thank you TC.
PS3 is totally worth it, I bought mine when it was about $600 (Got the 60 GB) and it's totally worth it, blu ray is simply amazing, I changed the HDD for a 500 GB and I have a crap load of tv shows, movies, music and almost all the demos from the PSN and I still have about 300 GB left give or take.
I haven't had a single problem with my PS3 yet (Knocks on wood), but my 360 I had it die on me 3 times already, I refuse to buy games for the 360 now, if it comes out on the PS3, I'll buy it for the PS3.
My 360 HDD is 20gb and I will not shell out more than $70 for the 120GB. Shame on M$ fornot allowing plp to change their own HDDs.
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3845112#post3845112"][/URL]

#72 digi7

digi7

Sensual Seduction

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:05 AM

Hoping its Uncharted for under $25. Also a PS3 bluray remote for $15 or under won't be bad...

#73 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:17 AM

Tag.

I just got my first Chase Amazon reward $25 gift certificate. I still ****ing hate NY'ers getting taxed. Why hasn't Amazon done what Newegg did?

#74 Grinchy

Grinchy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:18 AM

I just saw that Disgaea 3 is currently $29.00 shipped on Amazon. This is the lowest I have seen it. Does anyone have any input? Is this not a decent price?

It came out at $49.99 so it's a decent deal just by the numbers. But, the quality of the game is very high. If you're into those kinds of games at all it's a must-own.

#75 BWS1982

BWS1982

No Abdication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:30 AM

Yep, PS3 is cheaper for many gamers than the 360 is, including me. With 360, WiFi is extra, online is extra, re-charging the controller is extra...Blu-ray...etc...all added up. I got the MGS 4 bundle so I have pretty good BC via software emulation, but even now a $400 PS3 isn't too bad when you look at what you get and what you'd likely (but not always) be needing with a 360 purchase. The hard drive upgrade option is another set of savings, get an OEM drive for like 25% of the cost MS will charge for their proprietary drives, per GB of space. I did the calculations, and 360 was going to cost me about $80 more for what I "needed".

360 is a great system, but mainly because of it's software lineup, not it's hardware. I still want one, and know of a good chunk of games I can't get on PS3 or my PC that I'm missing out on...

A final reason I bought a PS3 first (as I'm no fanboy, I'll have both eventually) and will then get my 360 later, is piece of mind. You can't really put a price on piece of mind with hardware reliability.

Just remember to play games, not brands though, this was just my reasoning, it may not apply to you.

#76 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:35 AM

360 is a great system, but mainly because of it's software lineup, not it's hardware. I still want one, and know of a good chunk of games I can't get on PS3 or my PC that I'm missing out on...

A final reason I bought a PS3 first (as I'm no fanboy, I'll have both eventually) and will then get my 360 later, is piece of mind. You can't really put a price on piece of mind with hardware reliability.

Just remember to play games, not brands though, this was just my reasoning, it may not apply to you.

I agree with everything you said, though as far as hardware reliability goes, it turns out it was my PS3 to fail first (since been replaced). Though I have had it longer.

I agree that the PS3 is well worth the price for all that it offers, it's a hell of a piece of hardware.

33126.png

#77 makesfive

makesfive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:46 AM

yeah I got my PS3 from Dell for $360 a few months ago, was really worried that in the end I'd end up regretting spending that much, but I'd definitely say I've got my money's worth out of it. The real trick is finding games at a decent price for it, but I've had pretty good luck with that since I stumbled across this site and Goozex.

#78 LiteOnMe

LiteOnMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:53 AM

Good time for buying ps3 games the b2g1 deal now this awesome hopefully a controller deal comes up

#79 djblaze805

djblaze805

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:43 AM

If they put the PS3 up for the Gold Box event and its under $350, I'm in.

#80 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:30 AM

I'll justify it for you then:

Rechargeable controllers

Blu-ray player

Best console for streaming videos from your PC

Built in Wi-fi adapter (I'm guessing don't need it)

Great exclusives right now, but A LOT coming in the future

Even though the Playstation 3 is expensive relatively to all other consoles, I believe it gives you best bang for buck. Also, to some people it could actually be cheaper overtime compared to the xbox 360 because the 360s xbox live service cost about $30-40 a year.

Free online play would be great, and I hope that one day Microsoft wakes up and gets with that program. I already use rechargable batteries, already have a blu-ray player, don't care for streaming videos from my PC (it already has HDMI output), and my router is a whopping two feet from my entertainment console. It really boils down to the exclusives, which isn't many that I want to play.

I can't wait to play MGS4 and God of War 3, but $400 is still too much. I've already set the value at $300, and if the PS3 ever gets that low I'll buy one.

16Z462z.jpg

#81 mrrepoman

mrrepoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:49 AM

I'm hoping for the following:

SFIV - $30
Infamous - <$45
DualShock3 - <$35

#82 megaman1421

megaman1421

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:51 AM

Disgaea 3, please.

I hope they have that too cause Oh Lawdy, my wallet can't handle this.

#83 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:10 AM

You guys should'a bought Disgaea 3 when Buy.com had it fro $18.99 shipped.

#84 joeyatog

joeyatog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:10 AM

I'd like to pick up the Genesis Collection and maybe an extra controller or a blu-ray remote.

I'm hoping there is a good deal on the console. Not that I don't think the PS3 is worth $399...it's just that Oh Lawdy, my wallet can't handle this!!!!
Posted Image

#85 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:14 AM

You guys should'a bought Disgaea 3 when Buy.com had it fro $18.99 shipped.

Went OOS fast and happen early in the morning my time.

#86 Arcturiang

Arcturiang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:42 PM

Tag.

#87 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:02 PM

Went OOS fast and happen early in the morning my time.

Seriously. I saw the thread in its infancy and clicked through to buy without hesitation, and it was already sold out. They didn't sell very many at that price, I'm guessing. IIRC, it didn't go OOS, but just back up to its regular price. Trap deal.

33126.png

#88 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:34 PM

The games are going to suck dick/The prices will blow cock AND Oh Lawdy, my wallet can't handle this!!!!

#89 klew

klew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:51 PM

It'll begin at 12:00 AM on Monday. Meaning one minute after 11:59 PM on Sunday.

thanks, bballsports

#90 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:57 PM

I don't expect much, but I'll still watch it. The 360 deal only had 1 semi-decent deal, at that was BF Bad Company Gold for $25. Wasn't that great of a deal.

Posted Image