Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:58 PM

Resident Evil 5 Collector Edition

Found by the CAG Price Tracker

#2 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:29 PM

Nice. Now if the extras were actually worth anything, I'd buy it without hesitation. Why can't we get cool stuff like some Japanese games get.

#3 KarlMarx

KarlMarx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:32 PM

What exactly does this come with besides the game?
Posted Image

#4 WuGgaRoO

WuGgaRoO

Custom Title!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:51 PM

metal case...chris reinfield "toy" kijuju necklace...and the most bootleg messenger bag i have ever laid eyes on...and i think a BSSA patch
Posted ImageSome PS Vita and Wii stuff for trade/sale

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=216495

#5 Kandal

Kandal

Can't Handle Kandal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:00 AM

DAMN!! I'm tempted to get this but, something is holding me back...
Posted Image
My PSN CAG Sharing Group 6
My Playstation 3
My Buy/Sell/Trade List IF YOU PM ME, Please GIVE ME A BUMP on my TRADE LIST!

#6 Tracid

Tracid

Fuer Grissa Ost Drauka

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:05 AM

DAMN!! I'm tempted to get this but, something is holding me back...

Action figurine looks like dog poo. Bag looks ok, only thing cool is the metal case for game.

#7 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:21 AM

wait for $45 shipped.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#8 ndjn3979

ndjn3979

Lightning Regent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:26 AM

It's now or never at this price. I'd figure the stock would flush out with this price.

5bTxp2.png

#9 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:30 AM

zombie aids. and a pretty dissappointing experience lol.

#10 ryanmassacre

ryanmassacre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:33 AM

On the fence I already got the 360 regular editon for 30 but I'm a sucker for CEs

#11 Noogums

Noogums

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:37 AM

nothing in this collectors edition makes me want to buy it. a stupid action figure, an ugly messenger bag ill never use, a dumb patch, and a necklace that looks to be in the shape of Africa! which i would never wear in fear of being shot at...or looking stupid.

Good deal tho, better than 60 for JUST the game...i saw the metal box that comes with an extra disk at my gamestop for 55...

#12 Chozen

Chozen

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:40 AM

It's worth it for the steel case if you don't like the rest of the items. The case is awesome in my opinion.

#13 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:40 AM

the CE is crap. I got mines at a slightly cheaper price at $45, but the game itself is worth $60 so $5 off isn't bad.

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#14 BWS1982

BWS1982

No Abdication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:49 AM

I saw this while at Newegg and was wondering if it'd been posted here, but have too busy to look into it (was thinking of it being my first deal thread here)....

I'd say it sounds like a deal since it's $5 less than regular edition MSRP, but it's $5 more than the other deals for regular ed. often are (seems $50 for standard RE5 is common deal lately), but that depends on the extras DVD and if you're interested in that and the other trinkets and the metal case, which is aesthetic.. eh, it's an okay bargain if you look at it as $5 more than the common deal on standard version with a cool case and extras DVD (seems most of us are unimpressed by the other junk in it....that necklace?...wtf?)...though IGN said the extras DVD is in standard definition, and the artwork on it is too, which is a disappointment.

I'd have jumped on it if I hadn't been spending so much lately on other deals...

#15 Noogums

Noogums

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:52 AM

RE5 goes for no more then 38 bucks with free shipping on ebay. just won a bid. paid 29. free shipping.

Just sayin...

#16 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:00 AM

It's also new for $30 (regular edition) at TRU this week and maybe longer.

#17 flizmo007

flizmo007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:23 AM

It's also new for $30 (regular edition) at TRU this week and maybe longer.

This I did not know. Gonna jump on it. Is it a YMMV?

#18 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:25 AM

This I did not know. Gonna jump on it. Is it a YMMV?

Doesn't seem to be according to CAGs in the weekly ad-sales thread.

#19 BWS1982

BWS1982

No Abdication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:15 AM

wait regular RE 5 is new, sealed, for less than $40 at places? I've searched and thought I came up empty for that (the PS3 version, which may explain it, because I've seen all sorts of deals for 360 versions of new games lately)...ebay, etc..I checked, maybe I checked a bit too long ago, can't remember last time...gotta look into that, I'll take $40 regular version new if I can get it.

edit: just checked, some of the ebay ones are in the 30's but they've got over a day left to finish bidding, I've never had luck with something not going up much more during the last day, and all the buy it now ones are about $45 minimum, with shipping on them all...I must have missed some good deals, but I can't stand bidding on things there, it always like doubles the last 12 hours and you're screwed. Only way to bid and get a bargain seems to be to swoop in in the final few minutes and that way you have a good idea of the price range you're looking at...I'm rambling now...

#20 ISHCM

ISHCM

B. Luu and the B. Cats!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:48 AM

Before people jump on this, remember the fiasco Newegg caused by shipping these CEs in bubble mailers. A lot of people received them looking like they had been run over by an 18-wheeler. Couple of people received them in shipping boxes though.

#21 no_exit

no_exit

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:19 PM

I held off on buying this at launch because the original $90 price tag was way too much for the items in the CE. However, I am a sucker for steel cases and wanted to pick up a copy someday just to have the sweet steel case. I knew it would drop in price so I waited and found one on clearance at Best Buy for $24.99. If I did not find that deal, I probably would have jumped on this.

#22 BlindJoker

BlindJoker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2009 - 09:21 PM

Before people jump on this, remember the fiasco Newegg caused by shipping these CEs in bubble mailers. A lot of people received them looking like they had been run over by an 18-wheeler. Couple of people received them in shipping boxes though.

This is what has me on the fence, it isn't much of a deal if the thing shows up looking like crap.