NFL Street 2 $12.77 AR/AC Starting 1/30/05

djak1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Target will have NFL Street 2 on sale for $37.77 starting on 1.30.05.

EA has a $20 MIR - Can anyone tell from this if its actually a check or a $20 coupon for future use?

and

Target has a $5 coupon

Total is $12.77 + Tax.

searched and didnt see this posted - only my second deal :D

Knowing EA, the MIR will probably be a coupon either good only for other EA titles, or only good in their online store.

[quote name='Scorch']Knowing EA, the MIR will probably be a coupon either good only for other EA titles, or only good in their online store.[/quote]

Nope... The coupon says it can be used on any new, unused copy of NFL Street 2 for the GC, PS2, or XB.

help1 that is the most annoying sig ever... my computer is normally pretty fast and it's causing some serious lag... hopefully cheapy or another moderator makes you get rid of that crap.

As for the deal... why is EA obsessed with cutting up the box and mailing them the upc? That ruins the deal for me unfortunately. Although, with a little horse magic I might be able to re-create the upc and make it appear as though it's been cut from the box. :whistle2:k tempting...

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']help1 that is the most annoying sig ever... my computer is normally pretty fast and it's causing some serious lag... hopefully cheapy or another moderator makes you get rid of that crap.

As for the deal... why is EA obsessed with cutting up the box and mailing them the upc? That ruins the deal for me unfortunately. Although, with a little horse magic I might be able to re-create the upc and make it appear as though it's been cut from the box. :whistle2:k tempting...[/quote]
\
annoying... help1... im used to that, if a mod does make me get rid of it then Ill just make it an image of the last fram... is that okay with you?

EDIT: BTW, I find your horse act retarded and your avatar not funny. just my input.

[quote name='Scorch']Knowing EA, the MIR will probably be a coupon either good only for other EA titles, or only good in their online store.[/quote]

No, it is a Rebate.

The rebate says, "Can not be combined with any other coupon or promotion". Would that disqualify the Target Coupon? Also can anyone confirm the MIR for cash or EA merchandise only.

They're probably just making sure you don't combine 2 EA coupons together - don't really see how they'd know if you used the Target coupon or not.

[quote name='argyle']They're probably just making sure you don't combine 2 EA coupons together - don't really see how they'd know if you used the Target coupon or not.[/quote]

rebates need reciepts

[quote name='Owen']When you use the Target coupon, it will say coupon used $5 off on the reciept.[/quote]

Good point, then EA might not accept it

[quote name='soxfan4525'][quote name='Owen']When you use the Target coupon, it will say coupon used $5 off on the reciept.[/quote]

Good point, then EA might not accept it[/quote]

well 17.77 is too much for the game noe.. any1 play the first one? man i thought it was pretty shitty.

[quote name='soxfan4525'][quote name='Owen']When you use the Target coupon, it will say coupon used $5 off on the reciept.[/quote]

Buy the game at regular price and then make a photocopy of the receipt to send to EA. Then bring the original receipt back to Target with the coupon and have them price adjust it for you.

[quote name='argyle']I'm willing to take the bet that they won't care about the Target coupon.[/quote]

actually, I think EA rather keep their 20 dollars, and since like 25,000 more people will do it, then they will definatly do it.

A different offer would be to get it at CC on a PM, $36.55, and then take the $20 back on the MIR, which would get it for $16.55 AR.

[quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='soxfan4525'][quote name='Owen']When you use the Target coupon, it will say coupon used $5 off on the reciept.[/quote]

Buy the game at regular price and then make a photocopy of the receipt to send to EA. Then bring the original receipt back to Target with the coupon and have them price adjust it for you.[/quote]

Very good idea. too bad its too late for that now...the sale's already started...

[quote name='argyle']They're probably just making sure you don't combine 2 EA coupons together - don't really see how they'd know if you used the Target coupon or not.[/quote]

I agree, I think EA could care less if Target is taking a loss of $5 on the game. Back when EA had the EA Sports B2G1 mail in offer, I used two GGC coupons on the games I bought at Best Buy and my "Rebate" for the free game was approved no problem.

[quote name='help1'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']help1 that is the most annoying sig ever... my computer is normally pretty fast and it's causing some serious lag... hopefully cheapy or another moderator makes you get rid of that crap.

As for the deal... why is EA obsessed with cutting up the box and mailing them the upc? That ruins the deal for me unfortunately. Although, with a little horse magic I might be able to re-create the upc and make it appear as though it's been cut from the box. :whistle2:k tempting...[/quote]
\
annoying... help1... im used to that, if a mod does make me get rid of it then Ill just make it an image of the last fram... is that okay with you?

EDIT: BTW, I find your horse act retarded and your avatar not funny. just my input.[/quote]

Funny, it seems as though most people on the boards find EVERYTHING about you retarded, and hey look your sig has been changed. Thanks fag :applause:

[quote name='Arkay Firestar'][quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='soxfan4525'][quote name='Owen']When you use the Target coupon, it will say coupon used $5 off on the reciept.[/quote]

Buy the game at regular price and then make a photocopy of the receipt to send to EA. Then bring the original receipt back to Target with the coupon and have them price adjust it for you.[/quote]

Very good idea. too bad its too late for that now...the sale's already started...[/quote]
Oops, I meant buy it at the sale price then bring it back and show them the coupon...It should work that way as well.

Edit: BTW, the sale doesn't start until tomorrow.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='help1'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']help1 that is the most annoying sig ever... my computer is normally pretty fast and it's causing some serious lag... hopefully cheapy or another moderator makes you get rid of that crap.

\

EDIT: BTW, I find your horse act retarded and your avatar not funny. just my input.[/quote]

Funny, it seems as though most people on the boards find EVERYTHING about you retarded, and hey look your sig has been changed. Thanks fag :applause:[/quote]

Wow, your cool now!

There has to be a way to stop getting the UPC code from the original packaging :(

Can they just accept the receipt !

Nice deal but I'm not up fot it.

[quote name='help1'][quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='help1'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']help1 that is the most annoying sig ever... my computer is normally pretty fast and it's causing some serious lag... hopefully cheapy or another moderator makes you get rid of that crap.

\

Funny, it seems as though most people on the boards find EVERYTHING about you retarded, and hey look your sig has been changed. Thanks fag :applause:[/quote]

Wow, your cool now![/quote]

you're* :wink: Sarcasm requires proper spelling

[quote name='shrike4242']A different offer would be to get it at CC on a PM, $36.55, and then take the $20 back on the MIR, which would get it for $16.55 AR.[/quote]

A good idea in theory, but CC has NFL Street 2 (PS2 & XBox, not sure about GC) on sale this week as well @ $37.99. I suppose you can still PM down that quarter....but you could end up spending more money than that on gas (if you live near a Target).

[quote name='bjkrautk'][quote name='shrike4242']A different offer would be to get it at CC on a PM, $36.55, and then take the $20 back on the MIR, which would get it for $16.55 AR.[/quote]

A good idea in theory, but CC has NFL Street 2 (PS2 & XBox, not sure about GC) on sale this week as well @ $37.99. I suppose you can still PM down that quarter....but you could end up spending more money than that on gas (if you live near a Target).[/quote]

Then go to BB and try it. Missed that CC had it on sale as well.

It (EA coupon) states that you have to submit the original upc off the packaging.........do you have to cut it off the insert under the plastic or is there another one inside the case??? sure hate to do this due to trade in purposes.

Yeah you'd have to cut the UPC out of the box art, which sucks.

And if people are worried that a Target coupon may screw this deal, EA could just as easily say doing a PM is trying to combine this with 'another promotional offer'

I'd be surprised if EA would invalidate this due to using a Target coupon or doing a PM, but I obviously don't know for sure.

I passed on this one for $10 during the gamefly sale, so I guess I'm not going to do this deal. Kind of tempting though.

And I agree about the uber-large (file size) images in sigs. No need for them.

[quote name='wubb']

I passed on this one for $10 during the gamefly sale, so I guess I'm not going to do this deal. Kind of tempting though.[/quote]

Are you sure that NFL Street 2 was $10?

[quote name='baruflea']CC has NFL Street 2 for $37.99 with free shipping. I'll surrender the $5.00 to skip Target, thx.

NFL Street 2 (XBX)
NFL Street 2 (GCN)
NFL Street (PS2)

Cheers,
--BF

What's up, argyle? :) I know you've got to be excited about Namco X Capcom ;)[/quote]

Oh definitely, but right now I'm more focused on Shadow of Rome, and then Devil May Cry 3. Lots of Capcom lovin' this year. :)

BTW, does CC charge tax on their website? If not, the diff in price for me would be

Two responses:

Target is funny with their coupons . . . the receipt will not identify what the coupon was applied to. So, just buy a few other things on the same receipt and they can't verify that the coupon was used.

A way to handle the UPC issue is to make a copy of the insert (I've used my scanner and printer). Carefully cut out the UPC and paste in the scanned one cut with some overlap (tape it from the back). With the plastic DVD sleeve on, its almost invisible.

[quote name='AHiddenLink']It looks like a good deal. I mean if everyone is so worried why doesn't someone just e-mail EA and find out? I'm sure they'd clarify it.[/quote]

Yeah, will someone be nice enough to do this?

[quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='help1'][quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='help1'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']help1 that is the most annoying sig ever... my computer is normally pretty fast and it's causing some serious lag... hopefully cheapy or another moderator makes you get rid of that crap.

\

Wow, your cool now![/quote]

you're* :wink: Sarcasm requires proper spelling[/quote]

When you try to correct someones spelling in the future, try to use a sentence (you have no period).

[quote name='schultzed']Two responses:

Target is funny with their coupons . . . the receipt will not identify what the coupon was applied to. So, just buy a few other things on the same receipt and they can't verify that the coupon was used.

A way to handle the UPC issue is to make a copy of the insert (I've used my scanner and printer). Carefully cut out the UPC and paste in the scanned one cut with some overlap (tape it from the back). With the plastic DVD sleeve on, its almost invisible.[/quote]

Huh...
Well, might as well go buy some cheap food or something else there, then they wouldn't be able to tell where the $5 goes :p

Then, reciept goes off to EA for the $20 off.
Thanks shultzed.

EDIT: Is this worth $10?
Is it gonna be really bad and unplayable or something?

here is a question - i just bought the game from target, and on the receipt it doesnt say the name of the game (i should have known this from other game purchases from there)

probably not a fair question to ask, but will this affect the EA MIR?

[quote name='argyle'][quote name='baruflea']CC has NFL Street 2 for $37.99 with free shipping. I'll surrender the $5.00 to skip Target, thx.

NFL Street 2 (XBX)
NFL Street 2 (GCN)
NFL Street (PS2)

Cheers,
--BF

What's up, argyle? :) I know you've got to be excited about Namco X Capcom ;)[/quote]

Oh definitely, but right now I'm more focused on Shadow of Rome, and then Devil May Cry 3. Lots of Capcom lovin' this year. :)

BTW, does CC charge tax on their website? If not, the diff in price for me would be

I have the game already, it plays fairly similiarly to last year's. The addition of the wall moves and online play for the xbox are the big things. They also added mini games, all of which playable online. It's not a simulation football game, think of it as NFL Blitz meets NBA Street using the Madden engine. Even with those additions, it doesn't hold my attention that long since it will end up feeling a bit repetitive.

bread's done
Back