Photo
- - - - -

Trade In 3 Select Games, Get Fight Night Round 4 Free at GameStop

• Please log in to reply
656 replies to this topic

#151 MrBlonde220

MrBlonde220

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:18 PM

Any one know do the game all have to be on the same platform, or can u use 2 xbox and ps3 game? For example can i trade my HALO3,GTA4,and LittleBigPlanet, for FNR4 even thought there not all on the same console, PLZ HELP!!

#152 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:38 PM

Any one know do the game all have to be on the same platform, or can u use 2 xbox and ps3 game? For example can i trade my HALO3,GTA4,and LittleBigPlanet, for FNR4 even thought there not all on the same console, PLZ HELP!!

You can trade in any combination of 360 or PS3 games and get FNR4 for 360 or PS3 as long as they are on the list.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#153 MrBlonde220

MrBlonde220

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

Thanks Dragunz

#154 blah29

blah29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:57 PM

now the other question is, can you turn in multiple copies of the same game. I mean technically I don't see any reason why not, but because of the language in the ad, they can almost deny any returns for any reason, like them turning someone down who comes in with brand new sealed copies. This is a decent deal if you can get some cheap games at target and, in my opinion, exchange FNR2 for something else that will retain it's value for a much longer period of time, like for example inFamous for PS3 (sony 1st party titles tend to hold their MSRP's for MUCH longer than most other games). FNR2 will probably drop to 40 bucks within 4 months I bet. I do want to get it too eventually though.

#155 pob14

pob14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:07 PM

now the other question is, can you turn in multiple copies of the same game.

Three or four people on this very thread have already said "no."

#156 blah29

blah29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:14 PM

oops.. must have missed that.. my bad.

#157 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:29 PM

Riddick alone I can sell for $32 on Amazon at the moment...If you give me about 2 days after Fight Night 4's release, I'll find it for $50-55. So yeah, I would take you up on that deal, and I'm not the only one who thinks this "deal" isn't worth mentioning.

Even if you can find 3 of these games on the list for $15, you're still wasting your time because you could have sold them for $25-30 each... But whatever, buy into their offer, glad it's not my money being wasted.

If you found 3 games on the list for 12.48, which I did, at a Target right next door to Gamestop, which I did, then this is saving 20+ on a 59.99 game without having to try to sell anything on ebay or trade it on amazon. Instant gratification rules.

ach.png

#158 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:11 PM

Wish they would do something like this for a game I am actually interested in.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#159 blah29

blah29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:35 PM

I came up empty.. wasted gas.. my Target only had PS3 wheelman for 14.98, and prince of persia xbox 360 also 14.98... I know they recently had TONS of that smackdown vs. raw though, and it was just a couple days ago. decent deal if you can snag it.. even if I found another game for 10, I didn't think it would be worth it, 'cause fnr2 will drop in price pretty quick imo.

#160 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:55 PM

Ask for a gift receipt. They don't show the trade in transactions. Then return it to another store for credit.

Thank you....is there a certain amount of time to return it? If so, you can just return it for STORE CREDIT? That would be nice as I would prefer NHL 10 or something else.

#161 kyoichi

kyoichi

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:11 PM

yeah I'd personally much rather if they let you get NHL 10 instead.

well, what im goin to try to do is get fight night, return it for store credit and use it to purchase tekken 6 when it comes out. i wonder if itll work...

#162 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:15 PM

The OP's image states "Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold/Platinum."

The Gold is the updated version, but what's the Platinum?

I'm still wondering about this. I have the "regular" version.
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#163 derspiess

derspiess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:25 PM

I know there was some back & forth on whether Edge was stacking with this offer, but I can confirm it at least happened for me. The combined base value of my trade-ins was ~$40 but I still ended up getting $4.xx back after getting FNR4.

#164 rdogg1026

rdogg1026

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:37 PM

I came up empty.. wasted gas.. my Target only had PS3 wheelman for 14.98, and prince of persia xbox 360 also 14.98... I know they recently had TONS of that smackdown vs. raw though, and it was just a couple days ago. decent deal if you can snag it.. even if I found another game for 10, I didn't think it would be worth it, FNR2 will drop in price pretty quick imo.

I think you mean FNR4. I do not get why people think it will drop in price. Fight Night Round 3 was one of those games where I just couldn't find a price lower than $15 on.
Posted Image

#165 chivista

chivista

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:51 AM

i traded my extra copy of halo 3, and mirrors edge and gta 4
Posted Image
click the banner to win prizes
prizes ive earned
$5 gift card to vp games
2 hank aaron tribute cards
1 vintage comic book
$5 starbucks gift card
$5 amazon gift card
cml http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=178095

#166 jdough

jdough

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:05 AM

Just traded Hot Shots, Tiger Woods '09 and Vegas 2 for Fight Night. Thanks OP!

#167 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:23 AM

And three or four people are wrong.

I suspect it might be YMMV but I just traded in 2 copies of the same game and the guy had no problem with it.

You never know until you try.

Marvel Platinum = Platinum Hits

#168 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:54 AM

I also traded 2 of the same game-Left for Dead x2 and Folklore. The system accepted it with no problem.

#169 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:59 AM

Went to Target and bought:

SvR 2009-$12.48
Wheelman-$14.98
Scene It BOS-$9.98

Traded them in to GS and looked like Scene-It wasn't part of the list. I bought the game anyway for $21.96 w/ tax. Not Bad.

My First Ever Lowball: Live now! Ends 6/28!  http://www.cheapassg...ll-auction-v10/

#170 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:00 AM

Marvel Platinum = Platinum Hits

Thanks for clearing that up. :applause:
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#171 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:55 AM

Went back today, with 007 unsealed this time and still almost had a problem.

I walk in and set my three games on the counter and said "I want to do the Fight Night deal". Now I should mention that the games I set down on the counter were 2 PS3 games on top of a 360 game. So the girl replied "sorry, we only have the game for people who pre-ordered". I said " that's great" took my games back and headed for the door. She then says "wait, did you want it for the 360 or PS3?" I said "PS3" and she said "oh, we have plenty " so I turn around and see 20 FN4's sitting on the shelf. Then she says "the last guy wanted it for the 360 and that's why I said we didn't have any".

And then they charged me $3.60 to cover the sales tax which seems odd since I didn't buy anything so why would I have to pay a sales tax? How can they charge sales tax on a free item?

#172 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:57 AM

Got my copy...traded in Monsters v Aliens, NBA 09, & 007:QOS. It was strange because I wasn't charged tax (I don't have an edge card if that matters). My receipt shows my used trade total at $59.99 and the game sold to me for $59.99...no tax???

Now I just need to decide what game I want to exchange it for? Is anyone having problems exchanging for a different game w/a gift receipt?

Thanks to the OP and everyone else that helped out.

edit: LOL...I just read your post Evolved. Me and you were both confused about the same thing but for opposite reasons. You getting charged tax, me not. I just assumed I would since everyone else was listing a $64 credit.

#173 thizzordie

thizzordie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:11 AM

I went in to my local gamestop with L4D, Quantum, and Fifa Soccer 09 and I told them I wanted the FNR4 deal. The guy at the counter told me that they did not have that promotion going on. I told him I saw the deal on their website and he didn't even try to help me out at all. I left the store angry at how unwilling to help the guy at the counter was. I called another gamestop that is 15 mins away and they told me that the promotion was indeed going on. I would have gone to that gamestop but by the time I would have gotten there they would have closed already. He also told me that the promotion ended today so basically now I can't get it.:bomb::bomb::bomb:

#174 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:15 AM

I went in to my local gamestop with L4D, Quantum, and Fifa Soccer 09 and I told them I wanted the FNR4 deal. The guy at the counter told me that they did not have that promotion going on. I told him I saw the deal on their website and he didn't even try to help me out at all. I left the store angry at how unwilling to help the guy at the counter was. I called another gamestop that is 15 mins away and they told me that the promotion was indeed going on. I would have gone to that gamestop but by the time I would have gotten there they would have closed already. He also told me that the promotion ended today so basically now I can't get it.:bomb::bomb::bomb:

ends july 12th i think.....

just go to a non-douchey gs tomorrow. you should be fine.

#175 dakrzone

dakrzone

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:17 AM

Went out and picked up 3 (360) games for $37 after tax, Monsters vs. Aliens and Fear2 for $12.48 and Banjo... for $9.98. So I'm getting Fight Night when it releases for 37 bucks. That's a great deal. Now I just hope all goes well at Gamestop tomorrow!

Hey, I don't need a Edge card to take advantage of this right? I hate those membership card things!

Edited by dakrzone, 25 June 2009 - 03:18 AM.
typos

#176 jdsonic14

jdsonic14

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:21 AM

just to be clear you have to pay tax. this deal is not completely free. its a amazing deal. but it aint free.

#177 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:23 AM

just to be clear you have to pay tax. this deal is not completely free. its a amazing deal. but it aint free.

Yes, that's why it's listed as "Get $59.99 off" instead of FREE.

Although it varies by state....

#178 thizzordie

thizzordie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:27 AM

ends july 12th i think.....

just go to a non-douchey gs tomorrow. you should be fine.

Oh I didn't even read when it ended. I'll go back tomorrow with a printout of the add so that they can't refuse. Thanks man this just made my day

#179 guessed

guessed

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:28 AM

Traded:

:360: Rainbow Six Vegas 2 $9.75 base
:360: Monsters vs. Aliens $15 base
:360: WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 $16 base

The 10/20/40 deal would have ended up slightly better on the last 2, assuming I had 4 other games to trade in with them, but not a big difference. I paid $1.47 tax.

There are 2 reasons (3, if you count states without sales tax) why some people might have to pay tax while others do not. One is that some states do not tax the use of store credit, while others do. Since you are trading in 3 games for $59.99 credit (which must be used on FNR4), if your state does not tax the use of store credit, you don't pay tax. The other reason would be if 10% of your trade base value exceeds the amount of tax on a $59.99 game (assuming the use of Edge). Because my games' base credit total was $40.75, Edge kicked in $4.08 towards tax, so I only had to give $1.47 of the $5.55 tax being charged (9.25% sales tax rate, but no state income tax). I hope that clears it up a bit.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#180 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:57 AM

wheelman
far cry 2

This was a good deal, now just hope it is a good game.
Posted Image
Posted Image