Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:36 PM

Stupid stupid stupid... i paid $80 for it :(

#32 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:45 PM

Doh! I'd snag this ASAP if it was for the Xbox 360... I don't buy multiplatform games for the PS3... sorry. What is this save game erasing bug? Guess I'd just save the game to a Memory Card and back it up constantly... ::shrug::
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#33 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:47 PM

That wouldn't help much unless you save all the time and constantly stop the game to copy a save over, then test it. If you just stop and back it up, you'll have no idea if it's corrupted.

And why not buy multiplatform games on PS3 ever?
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#34 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:51 PM

That wouldn't help much unless you save all the time and constantly stop the game to copy a save over, then test it. If you just stop and back it up, you'll have no idea if it's corrupted.

And why not buy multiplatform games on PS3 ever?

I tend to buy Multiplatform games for the PS3 since it has almost a 5 times bigger hard drive. (Put a 500GB in mine) and less likely to fail. (I've had 4 RRoD)
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#35 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:06 PM

I bit. I've been waiting for the copies at my BB to drop, but I realized that when that happened I'd be waiting for $40/45 anyway. So no tax and no shipping makes this a better deal.

#36 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:25 PM

NewEgg has been stepping up lately with some nice deals.
[cp][/cp]

#37 Distrato

Distrato

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:30 PM

Installing games on the Xbox 360 does wonders for that, not to mention decreases loading times most of the time. I pretty much install every single game I play on my Xbox 360 now, although that's partly simply due to the fact that I have so much extra space on my Elite's harddrive.

:) That's out of the question for me since I only have a 20 GB hard drive.

#38 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:47 PM

I tend to buy Multiplatform games for the PS3 since it has almost a 5 times bigger hard drive. (Put a 500GB in mine) and less likely to fail. (I've had 4 RRoD)

I'm on my fourth, but I *think* it's in the process of dying. Got a RRoD a few weeks back, and then blue static when switching video modes after that, and haven't played it since finishing double agent a week back.

:) That's out of the question for me since I only have a 20 GB hard drive.

Me too, but I still won't play a game without installing it. The system's just way too loud without it. I would have quit buying 360 versions of games if you couldn't install.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
[LIST]

Posted Image

#39 lee7sauce

lee7sauce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:52 PM

The 360 version seems to have a slight edge in overall graphical quality (textures are a bit higher resolution in places and the water effects are quite a bit better in certain sections), but nothing major. You're probably better off choosing which version to get based on which version your friends have or controller preference.

Also a heads up that the CE should now be $59.99 at Best Buy for both versions universally, and may have extra discounts depending on the individual store. Many seem to have at least 25% off on the CEs by now.

Installing games on the Xbox 360 does wonders for that, not to mention decreases loading times most of the time. I pretty much install every single game I play on my Xbox 360 now, although that's partly simply due to the fact that I have so much extra space on my Elite's harddrive.

I have an Elite also, and boy is that thing loud when playing games even when I have them installed. The humming noise from the disc drive sounds like a mini-jet taking off, and it drives me nuts especially when my house/neighborhood is very quiet.

#40 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:08 PM

Doesn't your optical drive shut off when you run it from the hard drive?

Mine does, and it's still loud, and still louder than my Playstation 3, but it's not crazy, I mean I can tune it out kind of (which I can't do with the jet airplane noise from the optical drive).
[LIST]

Posted Image

#41 Rouzhokuu

Rouzhokuu

Bio-Shocked!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:09 PM

Yeah, I bit as well.

If I saw the regular PS3 version in the paper for $45, I would've went out and bought it.

So, yeah, definitely I'll grab the collector's for $45.

:)

#42 merkman

merkman

CA is better than DA.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:10 PM

Why does every PS3 game thread turn into a 360 bashing one? And vice versa for the 360 game threads? Maybe you guys could just thank the OP for the great deal? You'll notice that's what I did in the 2nd post! Sheesh...
"Remember, remember, the fifth of November - the gunpowder, treason, and plot.

I see no reason the gunpowder treason should *ever* be forgot."

#43 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:26 PM

Why does every PS3 game thread turn into a 360 bashing one? And vice versa for the 360 game threads? Maybe you guys could just thank the OP for the great deal? You'll notice that's what I did in the 2nd post! Sheesh...

I think because each is passionate about the system they own. I think it is OK to quantify your choice as long as people are civil about it.

Oh yeah...Thanks OP, I bought one!
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#44 Furashu

Furashu

CAG Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:31 PM

cant wait to play this... with my friend :D
Trade on GOOZEX and get $1 trade credit + a free 100 pt game!
http://www.goozex.co...r=6111658335991

PSN : Dunkindoanuts

#45 technole

technole

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:41 PM

Yeah, there's no way I'm getting the Xbox one unless they rerelease that fixed. BUT the Playstation one you can't back up your saves, which also sucks. I'd jump on this for sure if not for that, but I'm not sure... :-/

EDIT: Oh, and this is that rare game I'd probably actually try online, EXCEPT I managed to lose the USB adapter that came with this Plantronics headset I have. Soooo yay!

Wrong. Capcom released the PS3 RE5 1.03 update a few weeks ago that unlocks the save file. (a lot of us owners complained!) Just "resave" your game after you take the update and then you can back up on-demand.

technole.png

#46 lee7sauce

lee7sauce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:22 PM

Doesn't your optical drive shut off when you run it from the hard drive?

Mine does, and it's still loud, and still louder than my Playstation 3, but it's not crazy, I mean I can tune it out kind of (which I can't do with the jet airplane noise from the optical drive).

The game will never run completely off the hard drive, installing the game is there so that the optical drive doesn't have to spin as much...but they will spin periodically and the startup noise is pure evil.

#47 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:24 PM

Where is anyone bashing anything?

Wrong. Capcom released the PS3 RE5 1.03 update a few weeks ago that unlocks the save file. (a lot of us owners complained!) Just "resave" your game after you take the update and then you can back up on-demand.

That's awesome! Hmm...only catch is you need the patch, and probably can't back this up separately. So I still need to decide on whether I get this, or wait for a Greatest Hits version that's hopefully pre-patched.
[LIST]

Posted Image

#48 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:25 PM

The game will never run completely off the hard drive, installing the game is there so that the optical drive doesn't have to spin as much...but they will spin periodically and the startup noise is pure evil.

Mine doesn't-it's completely off once it's done its disc check. Like I said, I'd never buy multiplatform games for it if it still ran that disc...but that' really disturbing if some of them don't shut down all the way.
[LIST]

Posted Image

#49 randomthinker

randomthinker

Demonic Imperator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:38 PM

Why must things be so tempting when I am so poor? I want the game, and I *really* want the steelbook case, but I is teh broke. and the rest of the CE stuff seems worthless. Excuse my whining :P

#50 technole

technole

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:01 PM

Where is anyone bashing anything?

That's awesome! Hmm...only catch is you need the patch, and probably can't back this up separately. So I still need to decide on whether I get this, or wait for a Greatest Hits version that's hopefully pre-patched.

Doesn't matter if the game is patched or not, the data file can be read by any version. All that is removed is the lock restriction.

technole.png

#51 zman73

zman73

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:01 PM

Finally gave in and bought me a copy... This wouldve been a day one purchase for me otherwise but have a massive backlog. Worth it for the steelbook... The rest of the crap will stay boxed up probably

#52 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:04 PM

Not bashing here... I own a PS3 as well... but since someone asked me why I only buy multiplatform games for 360... here is my answer:

1.) No mandatory install... and even if I choose to install it takes alot less time to install on the 360 than on the PS3...

2.) The 360 can display all games in 1080i/p regardless of whether the game supports it or not... if a game doesn't support 1080i/p on the PS3 it will automatically display at 480p(!!!) on my 57" TV... major turnoff!

3.) I have tons more friends on Xbox Live than on PSN... for multiplayer games... nuff said.

4.) Most games just plain RUN better on 360 than on PS3...

Therefore, I only buy console exclusive games for the PS3... and if they don't support 1080i/p than I'd only buy them cheap/used...
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:

#53 Furashu

Furashu

CAG Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:15 PM

Not bashing here... I own a PS3 as well... but since someone asked me why I only buy multiplatform games for 360... here is my answer:

2.) The 360 can display all games in 1080i/p regardless of whether the game supports it or not... if a game doesn't support 1080i/p on the PS3 it will automatically display at 480p(!!!) on my 57" TV... major turnoff!

i have my ps3 set on 1080P and tv set to 1080p, if the game doesnt support 1080p, it runs at 720p.

must be a prob or setting on ur tv.

anyways whats the deal with this save thing regarding the game? i havent played this game yet.
Trade on GOOZEX and get $1 trade credit + a free 100 pt game!
http://www.goozex.co...r=6111658335991

PSN : Dunkindoanuts

#54 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:19 PM

Doesn't matter if the game is patched or not, the data file can be read by any version. All that is removed is the lock restriction.

Iiiiinteresting. Thanks! Hmm...that would still mean theoretically if I couldn't get it patched anymore I could at least still use my save files, but not the new ones I created...well, that's not so bad I guess.

Any idea if they fixed Street Fighter 4 too? I avoided that because:

-Xbox one I'd need a new pad for sure, and would have to pay to play it online
-Playstation one has locked saves
-and, well honestly part of it is it's supposed to be way more technical than the earlier games, so I don't know that I'd like it
[LIST]

Posted Image

#55 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:29 PM

i have my ps3 set on 1080P and tv set to 1080p, if the game doesnt support 1080p, it runs at 720p.

must be a prob or setting on ur tv.

anyways whats the deal with this save thing regarding the game? i havent played this game yet.

My TV does not support 720i/p signal, only 1080i/p 480i/p... PS3 does not upscale like the Xbox 360 does... so yes while it is my TV that will not display 720... it is the PS3 which can not output anything worthwhile. Therefore I'm force to either play in 480p or buy the Xbox 360 version which will run in 1080i/p even if not officially supported...
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:

#56 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:36 PM

1.) No mandatory install... and even if I choose to install it takes alot less time to install on the 360 than on the PS3...

Many PS3 games don't install, and I install ALL Xbox games, since it's so loud otherwise. Moot point for me either way.

Guess this was addressed below, but it sounds like you don't have an HDTV, just an older monitor that doesn't support all the resolutions an HDTV does. In that case, yeah, makes sense to get the Xbox version. That's the one really good thing the Xbox does. I mean strictly speaking they shouldn't have to support that, but there are apparently a lot of older TVs sold as "HD ready" or "HD monitor" that aren't actually HDTVs and so don't support all the resolutions.

Now this one's not true. There's a ton of games that run better on Playstation than Xbox. It seems practically random at this point. Most are so similar a lot of reviews don't even mention it anymore, but there are definitely a lot that look/run better on PS3 (and vice versa, particularly at first).

The Xbox version has a corruption bug that can ruin the save file. The Playstation version doesn't have that, but used to lock the save file to your system. I just found out in this thread from another poster that Capcom patched that out because of complaints, so with the patch you CAN copy your save file to another system now.
[LIST]

Posted Image

#57 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:38 PM

Now this one's not true. There's a ton of games that run better on Playstation than Xbox. It seems practically random at this point. Most are so similar a lot of reviews don't even mention it anymore, but there are definitely a lot that look/run better on PS3 (and vice versa, particularly at first).

Could you name some? I'm genuinely curious. The only game that I've heard of that runs better on the PS3 is Tomb Raider Underworld.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#58 nhatkthanh

nhatkthanh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:43 PM

3.) I have tons more friends on Xbox Live than on PSN... for multiplayer games... nuff said.

Therefore, I only buy console exclusive games for the PS3... and if they don't support 1080i/p than I'd only buy them cheap/used...

I on the other hand prefer buying ps3 version of games if they're multi-platform or if 360 version is a lot cheaper. For the one reason that many probably already encountered, RROD. Mine just RROD about 2 weeks ago, I'm still waiting to get it back.

#59 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:46 PM

Could you name some? I'm genuinely curious. The only game that I've heard of that runs better on the PS3 is Tomb Raider Underworld.

Haven't heard of that one (guess I'm lucky I got the PS3 version then! Got it totally arbitrarily because it was the one on sale at Amazon around launch)...but off the top of my head some include Oblivion, Mercs 2, Bioshock, GTA 4 (going by reviews, though insane fanbois claim otherwise), Burnout Paradise, and Dark Sector. Most though it's supposed to be so close they don't even bother listing it in reviews.

One weird recent case where the Xbox one is better is apparently Ghostbusters-the Playstation one actually uses less textures than the Xbox version, from the thread about that here (apparently from a developer on the game)! I think it's Terminal Reality's first current gen game though?

(EDIT: Also weird, even though Oblivion runs much better on Playstation, weirdly Fallout 3 is supposed to run better on Xbox! THAT'S one I really wasn't expecting, since it's the same developer I would have expected the reverse...but I bought the PC one since FINALLY we got a big title without activation).
[LIST]

Posted Image

#60 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:51 PM

I on the other hand prefer buying ps3 version of games if they're multi-platform or if 360 version is a lot cheaper. For the one reason that many probably already encountered, RROD. Mine just RROD about 2 weeks ago, I'm still waiting to get it back.

I mentioned earlier about my current one...this whole situation, I just don't know what to make of it. Part of me does wonder if I'm making a mistake, but right now I'm just kind of going on "well, either Microsoft's fixed it with jasper, or they will before the system's life is over, so sooner or later I'll have one that lasts".
[LIST]

Posted Image