Resident Evil 5 CE (PS3) $44.99 at Newegg

Thanks burnerr! Thought about getting this SEVERAL times, but didn't find it at Best Buy, and didn't wanna pay too much. But $45 for an $80 game works for me!!! :D

daaaammn....bought it for 80 on newegg for preorder. almost 50% off! i dont feel too bad. i received my CE fucked up (action figure hand was broken) and i told them about it. after a few emails between me and newegg, they just sent a whole new CE. Best customer service..ever!

the action figure SUX. the necklace is ugly...the bag...eh...sucks but its more of a girl thing..but my girl wont wear it cuz its ugly so it sits in the closet. the steel case is sweet tho. thats it really. great game but i havent finished it yet.

fuck I actually bit on this when it was $55 TWO DAYS ago and got it today :bomb:. If I only waited two days I would of saved $10 bucks. Well you can't win them all but now I'm wondering if they are going to drop it lower if it doesn't clear out at this price.

For those wondering, they packaged the CE in a box filled with material to cushion it, box still arrived with minor creases since it is a really cheap box but nothing compared to the bubble mailer horror stories.
.....fuck still can't get over I jumped the gun by two freaking days.

[quote name='BlindJoker']fuck I actually bit on this when it was $55 TWO DAYS ago and got it today :bomb:. If I only waited two days I would of saved $10 bucks. Well you can't win them all but now I'm wondering if they are going to drop it lower if it doesn't clear out at this price.

For those wondering, they packaged the CE in a box filled with material to cushion it, box still arrived with minor creases since it is a really cheap box but nothing compared to the bubble mailer horror stories.
.....fuck still can't get over I jumped the gun by two freaking days.[/QUOTE]

I too bought last week at $55 and it came slightly damaged on the outside (even though it was shipped in a box). However, I chatted with Newegg customer service and they were considerate enough to give me a $10 refund/price adjustment.

[quote name='prateeko']Which system is this game supposed to be better on, if either one?[/QUOTE]
They're both basically identical. 360 has slightly (almost unnoticeable) better textures while the PS3 is sharper. Also it has free online. I would buy it but I already beat it on my 360 before I got my PS3. Now I usually buy all my multiplatform games on the PS3 since I can't stand how loud my 360 is and the heat it emits.

The 360 version seems to have a slight edge in overall graphical quality (textures are a bit higher resolution in places and the water effects are quite a bit better in certain sections), but nothing major. You're probably better off choosing which version to get based on which version your friends have or controller preference.

Also a heads up that the CE should now be $59.99 at Best Buy for both versions universally, and may have extra discounts depending on the individual store. Many seem to have at least 25% off on the CEs by now.

[quote name='Distrato']Now I usually buy all my multiplatform games on the PS3 since I can't stand how loud my 360 is and the heat it emits.[/QUOTE]

Installing games on the Xbox 360 does wonders for that, not to mention decreases loading times most of the time. I pretty much install every single game I play on my Xbox 360 now, although that's partly simply due to the fact that I have so much extra space on my Elite's harddrive.

[quote name='Jackrabbit$lim']How long is it going to last? Because I get my paycheck this Thursday :)[/QUOTE]

Why do people post stuff like this? Are you going to mail them cash??

Charge that sh!t.

YES what a great deal. thanks OP!

dude to those who bought it i bet u can go to CSR and go "yo wtf its $10 less today gimme my $$ back! or ima buy and return and waste your dam time!"

Just beat this game for the second time with my friend today (~ 3hrs this time, vs. 11 for the first time). I think you really need a second person to play with you to make the game worthwhile.

[quote name='BlindJoker']fuck I actually bit on this when it was $55 TWO DAYS ago and got it today :bomb:. If I only waited two days I would of saved $10 bucks. Well you can't win them all but now I'm wondering if they are going to drop it lower if it doesn't clear out at this price.

.....fuck still can't get over I jumped the gun by two freaking days.[/QUOTE]

I bought an oem bd/hd combo drive from them and in a week it and the retail version went down in price. What I paid for the oem was what they wanted for the retail. It was 30-50 bucks that the took off the price. I sent them an e-mail telling them that it was with in days and I had not even received the item yet. By the time they got back with me the drive had come but they did give me the money back. It is no longer policy to do that but if you get a good customer service rep you might be able to get that money back.

damn, i know i shouldnt, and would prefer 360 but...
free online play? do you have to pay for the add on to play online? or is there already free content on the disc?

[quote name='Jackrabbit$lim']How long is it going to last? Because I get my paycheck this Thursday :)[/QUOTE]

Probably not too long. This is on the front page at SD so Thursday might be pushing it.

Too tempting, the ps3 version doesn't have the save erase problem the 360 has. I've been wait for a good deal on this game... Sold.

Very very tempting, but none of the stuff in the CE really appeals to me that much, so I'll probably just wait for a great price for the game itself.

[quote name='lee7sauce']It's the same exact thing on both systems, though PS3 has the advantage of free online play.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rogueweapon']Too tempting, the ps3 version doesn't have the save erase problem the 360 has. I've been wait for a good deal on this game... Sold.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's no way I'm getting the Xbox one unless they rerelease that fixed. BUT the Playstation one you can't back up your saves, which also sucks. I'd jump on this for sure if not for that, but I'm not sure... :whistle2:/

EDIT: Oh, and this is that rare game I'd probably actually try online, EXCEPT I managed to lose the USB adapter that came with this Plantronics headset I have. Soooo yay!

Doh! I'd snag this ASAP if it was for the Xbox 360... I don't buy multiplatform games for the PS3... sorry. What is this save game erasing bug? Guess I'd just save the game to a Memory Card and back it up constantly... ::shrug::

That wouldn't help much unless you save all the time and constantly stop the game to copy a save over, then test it. If you just stop and back it up, you'll have no idea if it's corrupted.

And why not buy multiplatform games on PS3 ever?

[quote name='Wolfpup']That wouldn't help much unless you save all the time and constantly stop the game to copy a save over, then test it. If you just stop and back it up, you'll have no idea if it's corrupted.

And why not buy multiplatform games on PS3 ever?[/QUOTE]

I tend to buy Multiplatform games for the PS3 since it has almost a 5 times bigger hard drive. (Put a 500GB in mine) and less likely to fail. (I've had 4 RRoD)

I bit. I've been waiting for the copies at my BB to drop, but I realized that when that happened I'd be waiting for $40/45 anyway. So no tax and no shipping makes this a better deal.

[quote name='Edge']Installing games on the Xbox 360 does wonders for that, not to mention decreases loading times most of the time. I pretty much install every single game I play on my Xbox 360 now, although that's partly simply due to the fact that I have so much extra space on my Elite's harddrive.[/QUOTE]

:) That's out of the question for me since I only have a 20 GB hard drive.

[quote name='groundskeeper']I tend to buy Multiplatform games for the PS3 since it has almost a 5 times bigger hard drive. (Put a 500GB in mine) and less likely to fail. (I've had 4 RRoD)[/QUOTE]

I'm on my fourth, but I *think* it's in the process of dying. Got a RRoD a few weeks back, and then blue static when switching video modes after that, and haven't played it since finishing double agent a week back.

[quote name='Distrato']:) That's out of the question for me since I only have a 20 GB hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Me too, but I still won't play a game without installing it. The system's just way too loud without it. I would have quit buying 360 versions of games if you couldn't install.

[quote name='Edge']The 360 version seems to have a slight edge in overall graphical quality (textures are a bit higher resolution in places and the water effects are quite a bit better in certain sections), but nothing major. You're probably better off choosing which version to get based on which version your friends have or controller preference.

Also a heads up that the CE should now be $59.99 at Best Buy for both versions universally, and may have extra discounts depending on the individual store. Many seem to have at least 25% off on the CEs by now.

Installing games on the Xbox 360 does wonders for that, not to mention decreases loading times most of the time. I pretty much install every single game I play on my Xbox 360 now, although that's partly simply due to the fact that I have so much extra space on my Elite's harddrive.[/QUOTE]

I have an Elite also, and boy is that thing loud when playing games even when I have them installed. The humming noise from the disc drive sounds like a mini-jet taking off, and it drives me nuts especially when my house/neighborhood is very quiet.

Doesn't your optical drive shut off when you run it from the hard drive?

Mine does, and it's still loud, and still louder than my Playstation 3, but it's not crazy, I mean I can tune it out kind of (which I can't do with the jet airplane noise from the optical drive).

Yeah, I bit as well.

If I saw the regular PS3 version in the paper for $45, I would've went out and bought it.

So, yeah, definitely I'll grab the collector's for $45.

:)

Why does every PS3 game thread turn into a 360 bashing one? And vice versa for the 360 game threads? Maybe you guys could just thank the OP for the great deal? You'll notice that's what I did in the 2nd post! Sheesh...

[quote name='merkman']Why does every PS3 game thread turn into a 360 bashing one? And vice versa for the 360 game threads? Maybe you guys could just thank the OP for the great deal? You'll notice that's what I did in the 2nd post! Sheesh...[/QUOTE]

I think because each is passionate about the system they own. I think it is OK to quantify your choice as long as people are civil about it.

Oh yeah...Thanks OP, I bought one!

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, there's no way I'm getting the Xbox one unless they rerelease that fixed. BUT the Playstation one you can't back up your saves, which also sucks. I'd jump on this for sure if not for that, but I'm not sure... :whistle2:/

EDIT: Oh, and this is that rare game I'd probably actually try online, EXCEPT I managed to lose the USB adapter that came with this Plantronics headset I have. Soooo yay![/QUOTE]

Wrong. Capcom released the PS3 RE5 1.03 update a few weeks ago that unlocks the save file. (a lot of us owners complained!) Just "resave" your game after you take the update and then you can back up on-demand.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Doesn't your optical drive shut off when you run it from the hard drive?

Mine does, and it's still loud, and still louder than my Playstation 3, but it's not crazy, I mean I can tune it out kind of (which I can't do with the jet airplane noise from the optical drive).[/QUOTE]

The game will never run completely off the hard drive, installing the game is there so that the optical drive doesn't have to spin as much...but they will spin periodically and the startup noise is pure evil.

[quote name='merkman']Why does every PS3 game thread turn into a 360 bashing one? And vice versa for the 360 game threads? Maybe you guys could just thank the OP for the great deal? You'll notice that's what I did in the 2nd post! Sheesh...[/QUOTE]

Where is anyone bashing anything?

[quote name='technole']Wrong. Capcom released the PS3 RE5 1.03 update a few weeks ago that unlocks the save file. (a lot of us owners complained!) Just "resave" your game after you take the update and then you can back up on-demand.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome! Hmm...only catch is you need the patch, and probably can't back this up separately. So I still need to decide on whether I get this, or wait for a Greatest Hits version that's hopefully pre-patched.

[quote name='lee7sauce']The game will never run completely off the hard drive, installing the game is there so that the optical drive doesn't have to spin as much...but they will spin periodically and the startup noise is pure evil.[/QUOTE]

Mine doesn't-it's completely off once it's done its disc check. Like I said, I'd never buy multiplatform games for it if it still ran that disc...but that' really disturbing if some of them don't shut down all the way.

Why must things be so tempting when I am so poor? I want the game, and I *really* want the steelbook case, but I is teh broke. and the rest of the CE stuff seems worthless. Excuse my whining :p

bread's done
Back