Help decide which Indie Games gets published to console and win Free Games

toneroni

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)

Hey guys, long time CAG'er here I wanted to let you know about a competition we're throwing over atwww.2BeeGames.com
Referral link is there to track CAG signups which are automatically entered for the giveaway! It takes a minute and it's free
I've been so busy with E3 and the contest that I forgot to do something special for my fellow Cag'ers!
biggrin.gif

There are about 100 free games to play on the site and we're looking to bring the best ones to console.

We're now in the FINAL WEEK OF VOTING and need help deciding which games to publish! Your voice counts!
Play the games and vote by clicking the "vote" button on the righthand sidebar.
You can vote only once per week so make it count!

Fill out your profile, give some feedback on games and thats it!
10 random CAG'ers can win their choice of $10 in Indie Game Credit on Steam/D2D or a copy of Raiden Fighter Aces for 360 (I'll contact you for address/game preference).
Winners will be announced first week of July after the competition ends.
Help me spread the word!

raiden%20360.jpg
indie.jpg

Pro tip: You can double dip and have the chance to win a DSi in a different raffle by going here!
http://www.2beegames.com/blog/help-us-spread-the-word-and-win-great-prizes-
nintendo_dsi_blue_black1.jpg

6 Games have been eliminated, only 4 Finalists are left!
The FINAL ROUND ends June 30th!

THE FINAL FOUR:

Auditorium. AudioVisual brilliance.

Heresy War: Light on the heresy, heavy on the war (in space, no less).

Save the Planet: All the pretty colors!

Storm: Simple and great, rain or shine.

Eliminated Games - These are the other finalists that were knocked out in the first 3 Rounds

Bumps: The polish and presentation in Bumps is flawless. The gameplay and catchy music kept us playing for hours on end.

Xtreme Buccaneer Broadside Battle on the High Seas 2008 is obviously here because the title is so full of win. The art style is awesome and its loaded with humor. Map the keys to a controller and it plays so much better.

Aces Wild is a sweet 2D sidescrolling beat 'em up. It's still very early in the development process, but we loved its potential and we really want to see where it can go. It plays really well on a gamepad.

The other 2Bee was ranting about how The Pretender Part One was an otherworldy Victorian elemental puzzle platforming romp. The other judges just backed away and let him be...

(Don't) Save the Princess! had us laughing the whole time as we sent the hero to his doom. An innovative little puzzler. Seeing the bones and blood victory screen never seems to get old.

Seeing those Totems fall and crack is hilarious and strangely addicting. The physics in this game are top notch as you try to land those totems safely.

So check out the awesome games and if you sign up through the special link here for CAG'ers, you have a chance to win some games and possibly a DSi as well!
www.2BeeGames.com

GIMME FEEDBACK - Any tips and ideas are appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thing I saw this, it reminded me to get a vote in for this. A teammate of mine in my game design class my final quarter made one of these, so my vote was a bit biased. And yes, this is where I boast that I totally know the creator of one of the games.

[quote name='jeffispiked']Good thing I saw this, it reminded me to get a vote in for this. A teammate of mine in my game design class my final quarter made one of these, so my vote was a bit biased. And yes, this is where I boast that I totally know the creator of one of the games.[/QUOTE]
sweet...I think I know which one your buddy is then ;p

[quote name='No One']Entered. Loved Auditorium.

Oh, and the link for the DSi contest doesn't work.[/QUOTE]
thanks..fixed the link!

Awesome layout, also I liked the content. It's good to see sites promoting these games as often they are overlooked.

I've also voted, I have a feeling that Save The Planet will win :)

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Trying to retool and add more community features after the first contest is done.
Better profiles, better tools for developers etc.

Any suggestions or requests? :]

I'm curious; if you're publishing these to Indie Games on XBL, why not push all of them? Isn't Microsoft making it fairly easy/economical to do this, at least for the Indie Games channel? Or are you thinking that most will eventually be published, just not all at once?

Thanks for the support guys!

_heretic_, the games are all very different at the moment.
Some are flash, some are small demos really early in production, and some are huge downloads.
Almost all will have to be re-coded for XBL and we simply can't do that at the moment.

Here's a sweet poster we put together that Play magazine will be giving away at the San Diego Comic-Con

Click the pic for a larger version :)

[quote name='Wutang_KILLTHEM']Sorry if it was against the rules but for the DSi contest I posted twice because I was excited for Auditorium.
:D[/QUOTE]
Definitely not against the rules :D
please help spread the word for us!

this site is pretty sweet for independent developers, so congrats on a nice and simple layout

oh and my vote is for Auditorium, if that was on XBL or PSN, i'd buy it for $5, its pretty addicting and has nice music...the others were a bit too much like Flash games i've played on various websites...Storm was a good idea though

Wow, I knew indie games are coming along but damn, way ahead of my expectations.

Voted for Auditorium. I wanted to vote for Heresy War due to my incline for space battle games. But when I saw my GF just totally having fun playing Auditorium, I knew that was a winner for all casual gamers as for I try to reel her into gaming more often. Gameplay is simple but quite addicting and the music soundtrack is great, its the type of music you can blast and not have your neighbor complain about it. ^_^

[quote name='toneroni']
Here's a sweet poster we put together that Play magazine will be giving away at the San Diego Comic-Con

[/QUOTE]

Dude, thats is a sweet poster! Hook us CAGs ppl up whom cant go to ComicCon this year! ^_^

[quote name='EnronLackey']Voted for Auditorium. I wanted to vote for Heresy War due to my incline for space battle games. [/QUOTE]

For me it was a decision between these 2 also, but I Voted for Heresy war ... which also has some nice music btw.

The scope is quite ambitious, and its got a real nice look and feel.

The final day of voting is today!

Unfortunately I don't see the other 3 finalists as commercial titles... As freeware they're awesome though.

I voted for Heresy War.

Awesome initiative. I've heard of similar projects before but they weren't as big as this and lacked quality.

Umm .. not to be a willy-ninny, but did anyone win and received anything? .. btw really glad that Auditorium won ^_^

Since the thread got bumped back up, I guess I'll add the pics instead of the email:
3726587019_d9925a090b.jpg

3727396628_042a1f1dfb.jpg

[quote name='toneroni']will do the drawings for ya this week. May extend some of the prizes as not many CAGs are signing up... :*( why??[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about not enough CAGs signing up :(

BTW .. on your forum, I made the suggestion of having forum signature banners and / or avatars, any news on that front? .. would like to help spread the word on your site and the awesome game developers who may need the help to get their games out.

Victor

Damn... sorry missed this thread. I run the indie game thread here on CAG and feel bad I havent even seen this. at all. I'd try and contact cheapy about this since it would be a good front page thingsie.

thanks!
we're having some interesting new things running real soon as well as another contest!
Will give out the prizes to a few winning cags first also :)

Sorry for the delay...blame it on the intern! :p
We've just secured a sponsor for some sweet games.

Check out our 8 weeks in 8-bit event. Make some sweet pixel art and win.

The first CAG winner is....
Wutang_KILLTHEM!!! shoot me a PM with your address if you want Raiden for 360 or we can discuss pc titles on steam or our secret sponsor! ;)

Will be picking another name out tomorrow!

Sponsor revealed! Pick any game (including new releases!!) Wutang...
Hey guys, check out the 8bit contests we have going on right now fo rmore chances to win as well!

bread's done
Back