CAGcast #164: Wombat and Hitler Were Right

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#91 tcolberg

tcolberg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:10 AM

I found it tired when I thought it was directed at my post, since finding out it was directed at the other post I now find it entertaining and appropriate. :)

Glad to be of service. ;)

#92 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:18 AM

It's too much work, it's your theory, not mine
Let's just leave it at activision doesnt have the balls

sounds like a plan

#93 maggoty

maggoty

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:20 AM

On how you guys were speaking about playing in the band at high school and which instruments you learnt. Talking about picking up chicks and getting laid from playing an instrument. I also played in the bad early in high school, but played guitar, and nothing happened. Nothing happened after high school either. Its a sham. I have not found any chicks that want to go you cause you play the guitar. Unless there is something wrong with me. hah

There was one time when we were doing a pub gig and this chick came up to us and basically offered us all a blow job by licking her lips in front of us after telling us we were awesome, but then her boyfriend came up straight after that and told us they were going and she was way to drunk. That was pretty funny, but thats about as close as I've come. :-)

#94 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:58 AM

where the hell is that red faction video!?
Posted Image

[IMG]http://http://www.doggiestylish.com/store/images/wordpress/uploads/2010/08/duck_dog_mask.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/164888.png[/IMG]

#95 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:14 AM

Another terrible intro to make 2009 an awful year for intro music. At least the two episodes of CAG Foreplay for this year seemed to have good intro music from what I recall of them.

I do hate being led on by PR when they ask for my mailing address so that they can send the game and never follow through after that. That's kind of one of the reasons I prefer to look at review codes of downloadable games since they're much easier to get from publishers or PR.

I did watch my Q for Gamefly, which had Ghostbusters 360 at #1 and PS3 at #2, as both versions went into stock and about 15 minutes later, the 360 version went to Low (aka out of stock) while nothing happened with the PS3 version. Later that day, I saw that I was getting the PS3 version, so I was at least glad I get to play it at all. This thing seemed to happen with Prototype and Bionic Commando, though only I only had the PS3 version in my Q for the latter.

I'm glad that Microsoft finally realized eight months later that moving around the dashboard is really slow. I've been waiting for about 18 months for the ability to eject a disc with just the controller, as ejecting the tray only happens when its empty.

Did you try the co-op portion of the Uncharted 2 beta? That's the only part of the multiplayer that I'm interested in. Otherwise, I'm greatly anticipating footage of other parts of the game that don't take place in a war-torn city.

Kotick's made this complaint to Sony and/or Microsoft about needing to cut their prices ASAP for two years now. He even voiced his disappointment that nothing was announced on that subject by anyone during E3. He's just crying wolf like he usually does every six months or so.

Aquatica was taken down pretty quickly after being made free for a small part of a day. By the way, you should get to know JenovaChen to help you learn to not guess someone's gender based on their first name. ;)

Activision's giving the Call of Duty license to Treyarch, so Infinity Ward is left out on their own. They'll probably at least put a note on the cover about it being the sequel to COD4 or that it's made by the guys that made COD4.

I would guess that most owners of Pain got it for free. Rock Band is your counter example of where the consumer isn't screwed over by DLC.

Good show.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#96 Nayson

Nayson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:41 AM

Just a word on Last.fm

I really enjoy the service. It has had a higher profile here in the UK than anywhere else I guess, so I have a bit of experience using it as I first encountered it in '05

Basically Last.fm gets better the more you use it. Yes, you can just type in a load of bands to it and it will try to figure out some recommendations you might enjoy, but where last.fm really comes into its own is with its plugin. You can download plugins for your iPod, for your media player of choice (iTunes, Winamp, Windows Media etc..) and it will "listen" to what you are listening to and develop its recommendations that way. Then when you visit Last.fm it will play recommendations based on that. Its pretty cool because not only does it know what kind of music you are interested in in general because of the information you gave it, it can also have a pretty good guess at what kind of a mood you are in because it knows what you have been listening to recently.
I love it on my iPod Touch, if I am out in the garden cutting the lawn or something (yeah, I am an old man..) then firing up last.fm and listening to something completly new over the WLAN is awesome.
I am kinda looking forward to it on 360, mostly because my 360 is connected to the best audio system in the house and ill use it regardless, but I also agree with Wombat that if Last.fm can be used in the background and will stream music while the 360 plays games then it will be really great.

And I apologise for the poor syntax in my above post. I am too lazy to correct it though.:oops:

#97 steverl22

steverl22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:59 AM

Transformers 2 wasn't that bad at all...a lot better then the 1st one. Seen it twice once in Imax and once regular...both times FREE!!

Good show

548012.png

#98 goodybear

goodybear

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:54 PM

Keep the Wombat only section on the podcast.
His topics were better and more entertaining.

#99 thakingrocka

thakingrocka

El Profesor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:02 PM

the option has always been there for bethesda to license game engines, but they never have despite every other game around licensing the quake and unreal engines for years (i'm not counting the havoc physics engine). i wonder if they simply want to maintain complete control over the product. they may get some pressure from the parent company to speed development time by using id's engines, but i doubt bethesda would want to change their process now. i hope i'm wrong because i want to see more games from them.

as for the civil war registration thing, the whole thing sounds like a pile of shite. the whole concept as a major story arc sounds pretty blah to me. oh, and those guys are no longer villains if they are policing on behalf of the government. they move into hero status if they are upholding the law. semantics. i know.

#100 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:51 PM

Cheapy, completely random question. Is there much carpeting in the apartments there (the ones you've seen) or is it mostly hardwood floors like yours? Just curious.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-Game of Thrones season 1
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#101 erikj1508

erikj1508

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:51 PM

Fix your title...

"Hitler was right" in any context (joke or not) is really inappropriate. I find that VERY offensive. Obviously, when you guys decided to use a reference like that, you weren't thinking of the millions of Jews killed in concentration camps. Or maybe you guys are aware of that, but don't think of the details - like being given a bar of soap and shampoo before you stepped into a shower that was actually going to gas you to death. Or maybe you don't know about the Nazi groups that went town to town, gathered up the Jews, made them dig their own graves, and then shot them one by one.

I really hate to be so dour and serious about this... but I don't think you should use Hitler as a funny reference in a joke. It's just not right, Cheapy & Wombat!

PS: Very cute pic of you and kid, Cheapy! :-)

Did you even listen to the friggin cagcast?!
The title has absolutly nothing to do with the show, it was just something to make stupid people like you offended (and to get some extra downloads since that's what apparently works)..

#102 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:26 AM

I have to ask, why is Transformers so hated by you? Because of some nostalgia you have with the cartoons?

I've seen some of the cartoons and theres autobots FISHING with humans, and you say that a quick mention of the word ebay is stupid, the action is intense, some of the dialogue is bad yes and megan fox cant act but its pretty quality, a FUN ACTION MOVIE.
If you want the cartoons, the cartoons are right there, but this is a live action movie, the cartoons werent the best on story either.

And you apply double standards like when wombat said he liked quantum of solace, you said that oh i hear thats average, blah blah, even though i dont care when critics talk shit about games.

I understand you can't go to theatres, but you already "download" the howard stern show, so try watching something else than some 5 year old documentary on netflix (even though i liked your suggestion of Jesus Camp) Keep up to date on movies you know? Wombat suggests Wall-E and you only watch 20 minutes of it with your wife, its not nice
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#103 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:40 AM

FYI Hell's Kitchen starts on Tuesday, July 21. I was watching baseball yesterday and there was a promo at the end of the telecast. I think Jimmie Mac was in the promo doing the "confession" or whatever. (Camera zoomed in on him in a small room ranting about something as made famous by The Real World.)

I'm assuming this is him: http://www.hitfix.co...6-chefs/?page=6

Edited by MSUHitman, 29 June 2009 - 07:53 AM.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#104 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:12 AM

Interesting that they'd send Wombat a review copy of The Conduit. Guess Sega wants to take a gamble. On a related note, if there are any issues with the controls, try the control customization settings (Dead Zone for turn area, auto-center on/off, speed and sensitivity settings, etc.). If you need somewhere to start, Mad D posted his settings, which worked fine for him from the sound of things:

These are my control settings if anyone wants to try them out:
50 turning speed
40 cursor sensitivity
50 horizontal and vertical view (default)
20 nunchuck sensitivity (to avoid bombing yourself if you want to keep the input for the nunchuck)

105 by 125 dead zone

Aiming and turning should feel tighter, anymore and I personally get dizzy. Feels close to how Medal of Honor Heroes was at. I still prefer the grenade system in that game where you could see a cursor on the ground or wall you want to bounce off of. The online is pretty good, it is amazing what a self funded Indy team has done to work around with the Wii's online component.

My code is 3609 8805 6113 if any one wants to play sometime.

#105 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:30 PM

FYI Hell's Kitchen starts on Tuesday, July 21. I was watching baseball yesterday and there was a promo at the end of the telecast. I think Jimmie Mac was in the promo doing the "confession" or whatever. (Camera zoomed in on him in a small room ranting about something as made famous by The Real World.)

I'm assuming this is him: http://www.hitfix.co...6-chefs/?page=6

That's not him, cheapyd has jimmy mac's picture in the spoiler in his first post on here

#106 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:51 PM

Just a little info to add to the discussion about Activision dropping PS3 development. A story just came out why Croteam, the developers of Serious Sam HD, didn't do a version for the PS3 along with the Xbox and PC remake.

"We did plan for PSN at the start of Serious Sam HD development," said Ribaric.

"[We] couldn't get additional financing to support [the] extra development time needed," he continued. "It was either to do PSN by the same date or forget about it. There was also a thought to find another team to do it, but nobody was either willing (a.k.a. not enough time/money/interest) or realistically being able (or crazy enough) to do it in such short period."

#107 fredy182

fredy182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:31 PM

hey wombat check out this vid on how to update the itouch to 3.0 for free

#108 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:37 PM

Just a little info to add to the discussion about Activision dropping PS3 development. A story just came out why Croteam, the developers of Serious Sam HD, didn't do a version for the PS3 along with the Xbox and PC remake.

"We did plan for PSN at the start of Serious Sam HD development," said Ribaric.

"[We] couldn't get additional financing to support [the] extra development time needed," he continued. "It was either to do PSN by the same date or forget about it. There was also a thought to find another team to do it, but nobody was either willing (a.k.a. not enough time/money/interest) or realistically being able (or crazy enough) to do it in such short period."

Sony has the pub fund for exclusives on PSN where they give back the entirety of the money spent on development and marketing of the game.
But since this is multiplatform, i guess they couldnt afford it

#109 JimmieMac

JimmieMac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:54 AM

I have yet to listen, but I honestly will try to try and listen. Thanks for the post of my pic. I must say, I am quite dashing.

#110 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:25 PM

I have yet to listen, but I honestly will try to try and listen. Thanks for the post of my pic. I must say, I am quite dashing.

Well it's awesome we have a person on the inside, i was wondering, it's all pre-recorded and done already?

Or do you have a contract to prevent you from saying if you were eliminated or mentioning other contestants?

Harsh show to be on, hope you win

#111 DustoMan

DustoMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:16 AM

Natal is a city in Brazil and means "to be born." One of the guys heading up the project (Not Kudo) is from Brazil. It's not French.

And the 3.0 software update is well worth the $9.95. Especially if you listen to podcasts.
Dusto
dustoman (at) gmail (dot) com

Posted Image

#112 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:26 AM

Natal is also a province in South Africa, so I've heard the word regularly since the early 90s when they were allowed to play rugby again after apartheid ended.

http://en.wikipedia....i/KwaZulu-Natal

#113 Ecto311

Ecto311

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:55 PM

I got a question for the show. Why are the cuss words censored? You guys cuss on the show and there are some questionable things shown in these forums sometimes. Can't say it bothers me just wondering why things are replaced with shaqfu logos.

Thanks for the shows and wombat your the man, main reason I keep coming back.

#114 Nayson

Nayson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:30 PM

I got a question for the show. Why are the cuss words censored? You guys cuss on the show and there are some questionable things shown in these forums sometimes. Can't say it bothers me just wondering why things are replaced with shaqfu logos.

Thanks for the shows and wombat your the man, main reason I keep coming back.

Because the podcast and the website are different things sir.
I swear in front of my friends, I dont swear in front of my wife and kid. Same concept.

#115 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:23 PM

Because the podcast and the website are different things sir.
I swear in front of my friends, I dont swear in front of my wife and kid. Same concept.

No it's not. It's the same audience, just different mediums.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-Game of Thrones season 1
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#116 Nayson

Nayson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:31 PM

I disagree. How many hits does CAG get? 700,000 unique visitors a month. How many downloads does the Cagcast get? 12,000 a show.
There is a MASSIVE difference in terms of numbers. Different audiences, with a bit of overlap.

#117 Jay Are Man Loy

Jay Are Man Loy

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:00 PM

Dude how can you say that? He was seriously the most unimportant member of the The Who. Have you forgotten about Victor Wooten? How about Bela Fleck on the bass? Expand your horizons.