Zeno Clash 50% off on Steam- $9.99 (sale now live)

campbelld

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/22200/

The sale is not on yet, but the developer is going to be releasing some free DLC for the game this weekend and has timed a Steam sale to coincide with this release. I'm betting on the game dropping tomorrow around 11:00am Eastern. That seems to be a magical time for Steam's weekend sales although they don't always adhere to it. Support indie developers!

EDIT: Looks like I was off on my time estimate. My new guess is that they are going to update the price when the DLC goes live. Here's hoping.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a friend who seemed to really enjoy this...if only because it is actually unique and not mainstream

I enjoyed this, haven't checked it out since finishing, but may give it another go
Really liked the logic of some of the characters, especially the line about the guy desiring invisibility.

What is the price on this in for the after holidays steam sale? I say $3. That said if you want something to play now this is a GREAT deal. The Co-Op video cast did a feature on this game in one of their recent episodes.

Talk about some serious cheap asses. This game is worth the $20 easily, if not as much as any other "mainstream fps." $10 is a no-brainer.

May bite. I already have so many pc games to play though. Is this worth it if it's going to sit in a backlog for a month or two?

[quote name='Wildcat1080']Talk about some serious cheap asses. This game is worth the $20 easily, if not as much as any other "mainstream fps." $10 is a no-brainer.[/QUOTE]
Hehe, I just don't see paying more than $5 for a game I'll beat in a day and never play again.

I'm glad I passed up Fracture for my PS3 for $10 now... this is a much better value IMO. Thanks OP and thanks Steam for taking my money over the weekend once again!

[quote name='Jodou']Hehe, I just don't see paying more than $5 for a game I'll beat in a day and never play again.[/QUOTE]

I've spent at least 4 hours with the demo challange room alone, I think I'll be keeping busy with this.

A really fun first person brawler with awful setting, character design, art design, and storytelling.

Worth $10, but the game was just weird for weirdness's sake. Trying to dig for that "Hey, look, I'm so different!" indie cred when they already had a solid first person brawler seemed a little silly but, meh.

[quote name='RollingSkull']A really fun first person brawler with awful setting, character design, art design, and storytelling.

Worth $10, but the game was just weird for weirdness's sake. Trying to dig for that "Hey, look, I'm so different!" indie cred when they already had a solid first person brawler seemed a little silly but, meh.[/QUOTE]

If you look at any of their previous projects, they all have an extremely outlandish art style. Why do some people have to be so cynical? These guys genuinely chose this art style because they like it. It grew on me as well.

[quote name='RollingSkull']A really fun first person brawler with awful setting, character design, art design, and storytelling.

Worth $10, but the game was just weird for weirdness's sake. Trying to dig for that "Hey, look, I'm so different!" indie cred when they already had a solid first person brawler seemed a little silly but, meh.[/QUOTE]

The setting, character design, art design, and storytelling are nowhere near horrible, quite the opposite actually. This is one of the few games I've played recently that I truly can't wait for a sequel, which they've already stated would happen. This games is incredible and everyone should pick it up for $10!

Meh, I'm just jaded by legions of fanboys who fetishize games that are different and uptalk it enough that I end up wasting MY money on their pet games expecting said games to be good.

Needless to say, Zeno Clash isn't one of those. Gameplay wise, it stands on its own merits as a competent, very nicely done first person brawler. I am unlikely to be persuaded as to the merits of the game's "surreal for the sake of being more surreal than everyone else" style, but you owe it to yourself to try out the demo of the game even if it looks hideous to you as it did me. You'll find it $10 that you'll spend easily.

:roll:

I got interested in it after reading a few tweets by game journalists and watching them discuss it on CO-OP. Will probably bite but I want to give the demo a try first.

Bought, beat it, playing the challanges now. Overall I was very impressed with the game, it's exceptional graphics and style, the gameplay. It all worked so well up until the credits. I had a serious WTF double take at how short the game was. The challanges are fun but I'm still a little hung up on how just as the story was going somewhere, we get our good friend the credits.

For 10 dollars I would recommend it for its' exceptional style and gameplay but if you get the chance, split the cost with a sibling or friend and just share the game.

The sale is not on yet, but the developer is going to be releasing some
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

Ah-ha! This was the magic price point I was waiting for. I missed out on the pre-order deal but I was a bit hesitant to buy a game I had never heard of until that point. But by word of mouth and trying out the demo and I was immediately intrigued and had fun wailing on messed up animal-humans.

Also considering getting Dark Messiah for $5. $15 for Zeno Clash and Dark Messiah sounds pretty good.

I think Dark Messiah is underrated, but I did get pretty tired of it by the end. Felt like I sort of dead-ended with my skill point allocation pretty early on, only to find out that with less than half the skill points I had allocated I could go a different route and be twice as powerful. Kinda lame.

But all in all it's absolutely worth 5 bucks. As for Zeno Clash, I only played it at the IGF demo at GDC this year. It's pretty good, I must say, but even $10 is a tad high. Lately I'm pushing for more replayability in my games. The latest games seem to have too much of the "5 hours of crazy adrenaline" mentality. I miss games like the original Dawn of War that I can put 250 hours into before getting sick of them, only to come back several months down the road and do it again.

Dude, Xeno Clash is an indie game. It can't stack up to Dawn of War, which also surely didn't retail for $20 at launch. Let's keep our comparisons realistic.

Thanks OP. I bought the game yesterday, and just beat it today. It was only about 3 hours long on normal, but it was worth the $10 in my opinion.

Beat it taking my sweet time (nice chunk of a lazy afternoon), and really enjoyed it. Haven't even touched the challenges yet. Definitely worth $10.

[quote name='scd']I forgot to get this over the weekend -- is the sale still live?[/QUOTE]
Not quite. The deal is dead, but they've dropped the price from $20 to $15.

The sale for 10 dollars I think was worth getting. The game lasted me around 4 hours. I thought of the purchase along the lines of a movie ticket. If I had it to do over again I would wait for the second game. I'm sure steam will have a sale that involves pre-ordering the second game and get the first one free. Having played the first game I will recommend the second one.. just to continue the story.

bread's done
Back