- - - - -

Retro Gen - Portable Genesis - Preorders $40 @ Gamesboro.net

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#91 Headfamilyga

Headfamilyga

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:56 PM

Hey Britt,

If ya can't find one before Thursday I'll try to find one and bring it by the store. I would do it sooner but will be out of town from tom to Wed.

#92 Beastech

Beastech

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:58 PM

OK, sounds great! The game should go for next to nothing these days.

#93 anji2128

anji2128

Cave Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:54 AM

You should give Zero Wing (PAL) a try as well.

#94 Fire_Thief

Fire_Thief

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:02 AM

This thing is cool. I would trade people some games on my list for one.

#95 Bhart

Bhart

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:57 PM

any news on this yet? I really want to get one, but if the emulation is crappy, i'll pass.

I'll hang up and listen.

#96 Spanish_Godzilla

Spanish_Godzilla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:07 PM

Lets see..

Some of us (like me) have PSP 3000 models or simply don't want to mod their PSP and risk bricking it.

Some people do not even have a PSP

PSP button layout sucks for a lot of GEN titles.

Pretty neat lil portable but I still have my Nomad if I ever even wanted to take GEN gaming on the road. Something I haven't done since prolly 2001 though. Any Genesis gaming I do these days is on the CDX in the living room.

I'd like to see a Genesis, SNES or NES clone with component output finally come along, I'd be all over those.

Well, now you can do it on a PSP 3000.....so....X that Excuse.
It looks pretty cool, but Id rather just play it on my computer or PSP.

#97 whywakeup

whywakeup

The Chief .

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:09 PM

I knew i was hanging on to all those old Genises games for some reason.
Posted Image

#98 NutManIV

NutManIV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:19 PM

A WORD OF WARNING:

Certain Genesis games WILL NOT work with a 6-button controller. You'll think the game is broken or something, but its because for some reason the game will only work with a 3 button controller. Unless the guys who made this included a function to turn off 3 buttons during games you will not be able to play certain early Genesis games.

#99 Bhart

Bhart

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:48 AM

A WORD OF WARNING:

Certain Genesis games WILL NOT work with a 6-button controller. You'll think the game is broken or something, but its because for some reason the game will only work with a 3 button controller. Unless the guys who made this included a function to turn off 3 buttons during games you will not be able to play certain early Genesis games.

oh well, i'll deal with it.

#100 Beastech

Beastech

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:28 PM

Here is the scoop, I'll know Monday if we are going to have a delay or not. If they are delayed Innex has assured me that it won't be very long, they said that they are waiting for them to come through the port.

If the unit has a mode button then 3 button games will work fine, OR they could have handled this internally through emulation. The only way to know for sure is when it arrives. My "early unit" is being held up the same way the rest of them are. That one will be overnighted to me as soon as its available and I'll have video of it up the same day. So I should be able to still beat the launch of the unit to the punch.

For everyone who pre-orders, I'm including the flyer posted above. (I've had people show interest in the flyer)

Edited by Beastech, 25 July 2009 - 08:30 PM.
forgot flyer info

#101 Bhart

Bhart

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:57 PM

Here is the scoop, I'll know Monday if we are going to have a delay or not. If they are delayed Innex has assured me that it won't be very long, they said that they are waiting for them to come through the port.

If the unit has a mode button then 3 button games will work fine, OR they could have handled this internally through emulation. The only way to know for sure is when it arrives. My "early unit" is being held up the same way the rest of them are. That one will be overnighted to me as soon as its available and I'll have video of it up the same day. So I should be able to still beat the launch of the unit to the punch.

For everyone who pre-orders, I'm including the flyer posted above. (I've had people show interest in the flyer)

Thanks for the update, i'll be checking back for your review.

#102 Beastech

Beastech

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:16 AM

OK, well its Monday and I got the information. Unfortunately you are not going to like it very much... I've sent out an official statement to all pre-order customers stating this

Retrogen/Firecore/Genesis Portable

Unfortunately due to events beyond my control the new systems listed above will be delayed until 08/14. I was informed by Innex today that this will be the absolute latest that they arrive so it is possible that they show up before then. If this is the case they will be shipped the same day they arrive on location to your homes/offices.

I know this is sad news, as I do not want to be the one who has to tell anyone this, let alone new customers. I hope you will not think less of the company as we truely have no way of getting the systems faster. Our rep at Innex has stated that the Gamesboro order will be handled first, before anyone else.

Again I apologize, and I hope you stay with us and see this through.

#103 Bhart

Bhart

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:46 PM

well that sucks, I was hoping to have this by aug 13th. I wanted to bring it with me on vacation. It would of been cool sitting on the beach playing streets of rage! Oh well....I'll wait....

#104 Beastech

Beastech

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:11 PM

GEN Mobile is now also up for pre-order at http://www.gsubooks....roducts_id=7087

It's 60 bucks, has 20 games built in PLUS it is officially licensed by Sega. It has a cartridge port as well.

My rep at Hyperkin let me hear this one over the phone (he can't send one to me quite yet) and let me tell you the sound is definately better than on the past AtGames unit. He was playing Street Fighter II Special Championship Edition.

#105 Bhart

Bhart

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:15 PM

did you get your early one yet? i'd like a review before i spend.

#106 hendrickfan24

hendrickfan24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:20 PM

hey my psp can play all genesis games lol

#107 Beastech

Beastech

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:15 PM

The Retrogen has been delayed, and that goes for my early unit as well. They are working out some last minute kinks. I DO have something else you guys might enjoy as well though for a very similar product coming out around the same time.

This video is for the GEN Mobile that I was talking about earlier.

#108 Revenantae

Revenantae

Let there be code.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:11 PM

Any word yet?

#109 anji2128

anji2128

Cave Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:39 PM

We got our early version of the FireCore and the Genesis Portable yesterday and are actually currently splicing together the test video to be posted as I'm typing. We unfortunately didn't receive an early Retro Gen. We're looking at all three models to be ready for shipment sometime next week. This of course all depends on Innex getting them out on time.
As far as the GenMobile and the GenCore go, rumor has it they'll be ready by the end of the month.

Despite all these delays and such, we do have something that I think everyone is ready to finally see...gameplay footage from the built-in games on the FireCore.

#110 Bhart

Bhart

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:07 PM

looks like videogamecentral.com has these in stock already,

#111 Jon Bon

Jon Bon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:52 PM

that video makes it look like pretty poor emulation

Bart: You are my guest, and I am your host. What is your pleasure? What do you like to do?
Jim: I don't know... play chess... screw...
Bart: Let's play chess.

#112 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:04 PM

that video makes it look like pretty poor emulation

Yeah the sound is definitely messed up on Sonic & Knuckles...

#113 comfortboy

comfortboy

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:25 AM

So is this thing ever coming out or is the next Phantom? Supposedly today was the release date according to gamesboro after many weeks of delay and videogamecentral has a new expected date of 9/22. Any news on if they actually exist in America yet?

#114 Beastech

Beastech

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:11 PM

FINALLY! It will be arriving THIS Thursday!

I didn't get a chance to get a preview unit, as once it was in I opted instead to get it shipped in a little faster since everyone has been waiting for so long. I'll have tons of videos once I've shipped out the first run of units.

Edited by Beastech, 06 October 2009 - 09:13 PM.
preview unit info

#115 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:02 PM

With all of these delays, one hopes they took the time to improve the emulation. We'll know soon.

#116 Beastech

Beastech

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:01 AM

Here it is folks, direct feed footage of games playing on the Retrogen!

#117 jon714

jon714

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:45 PM

The Retrogen, Sega Genesis Portable, and the Sega Genesis Firecore are also available for $44.90 each @ gogamer.com.

http://www.gogamer.c...sis&categoryId=

#118 Beastech

Beastech

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:07 AM

Well, I got a GEN Mobile unit in for testing and thought you guys might like some footage from that one as well.

#119 Jedah Doma

Jedah Doma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:21 AM

As others have said, the sound seems way off. It's like certain trademark sounds have been replaced b other effects that don't sound correct. Anyone else notice this?
Posted Image

#120 strikeratt

strikeratt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:32 AM

Some ppl keep mentioning this psp system ... what is it something that no one bought or something?

I like how the system looks ... I think I'd actually have to play one though
Asus P5W DH Deluxe / Core 2 Duo e6550 with Big Typhoon Cooler / Sapphire 3870 2x (the 2 in one) / 2x 2GB OCZ Reaper Memory / Sound Blaster Xtreme Gamer / 20x Lite-ON DVD Burner with Lightscribe / 400GB WD with Windows XP Home / 500 GB WD Green Power with Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit / 700w OCZ PSU / Razer Diamondback Mouse / Zboard

Posted Image