Red Faction: Guerrilla (Xbox 360) $39.99 FS at Newegg.com

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 stpk0re

stpk0re

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:45 AM

http://www.cheapassg...es/live_658.jpg" border="1" alt="" style="border-color: #73a732" />
In case you still haven't gotten your ass to Mars, Newegg has brought back the $40 price point with free shipping.

CheapyD note: I'm currently playing Red Faction Guerrilla and am very impressed so far. The developers have done a great job making destruction a fun and addicting aspect of the game. I would recommend this title even at full price.

:360: Red Faction: Guerrilla $39.99

It's baaaack!

Red Faction: Guerrilla (Xbox 360) - $39.99
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874169036

Edited by shipwreck, 27 June 2009 - 11:26 AM.

#2 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:48 AM

Awesome! This is great news.

#3 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:01 AM

Good news indeed! I'm a little burnt out on this still since I played it for a week and a half, but it's a fantastic game that offers up many hours of destructive fun and $40 is a price well worth the admission.

Besides, how often does a console game go on sale for $20 off less than a month after it's released (and it doesn't suck)?

#4 Xninja

Xninja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:48 AM

Thanks, in for 1.
Hope I can find time for this game.... After Infamous, then finishing killzone2, argh so many games so little time.

#5 Count Van Ghoul

Count Van Ghoul

Past The Mission

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:54 AM

Soooooo tempting... but damn it's a killer week of releases coming up....

I have a blog where I review (usually terrible) movies for your enjoyment.  Come check it out at http://aghoulversus.blogspot.com/

#6 psychofish

psychofish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:01 PM

Alright, I'm in for one. I just have to see what the hype is all about (besides I really did like the original Red Faction on PS2).

#7 KongaKing

KongaKing

He who will save us all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:10 PM

I picked it up when it was $40 last time and it's worth full price. I am LOVING this game

#8 Ender

Ender

Bears, Beets.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:27 PM

I couldn't resist any longer. After listening to Cheapy and Wombat sing this game's praises for the past couple CAGcasts, I was really wanting it. I'm in!
Posted Image

Armed because I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

#9 Qwinn3

Qwinn3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:35 PM

Thanks Cheapy! I've been dying to get my hands on this one after all the positive talk about it. This game really came out of nowhere. It had practically no hype pre release and now everyone is talking about it.

Volition have quickly become one of my favorite developers. I love Saints Row 2 and can't wait for this one. Just wish it had Coop.

#10 TheCutUp

TheCutUp

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:43 PM

Awesome! I missed this on the 16th, so I'm glad they did it again. I echo the response of "$20 bucks off already?".

#11 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:47 PM

Awesome deal! In for 1

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#12 alanamaslama

alanamaslama

Captain Back$lap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:58 PM

Great deal, worth it at full price. The multiplayer makes it worth it for sure.

#13 bones56

bones56

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

yup, worth it. I got it last time and there are many hours of gameplay!!

Posted Image

#14 rdogg1026

rdogg1026

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:00 PM

This is a great deal. Too bad my backlog is huge right now or I would be all over this.
Posted Image

#15 XeroZohar

XeroZohar

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:33 PM

I'm in. Anything with a flicker of emergent gameplay has me intrigued... plus destruction never gets boring. (Wellll, maybe *eyes Mercenaries 2*)

#16 Moravagine

Moravagine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:38 PM

Have a gargantuan backlog but I am helpless to resist this as I found myself regretting not picking it up last time.
Posted Image

#17 Nibi

Nibi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:11 PM

After missing out on this deal the first time, I jumped all over this. Can't wait to play it.
Current Hypewagon pick-
Spoiler

#18 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:22 PM

If you think the multiplayer is tacked on...think again. Just the deathmatch alone is worth the price of entry (They call it 'Anarchy'). For instance: An enemy is coming to smash your head in with his sledgehammer so you hit your thrust backpack to escape which sends you shooting straight up into the air. Since you're in a building it RIPS a whole through each of its multiple floors and you land on the roof to find a rocket launcher...success.

Trust me, it's fun.

#19 Ender

Ender

Bears, Beets.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:42 PM

If you think the multiplayer is tacked on...think again. Just the deathmatch alone is worth the price of entry (They call it 'Anarchy'). For instance: An enemy is coming to smash your head in with his sledgehammer so you hit your thrust backpack to escape which sends you shooting straight up into the air. Since you're in a building it RIPS a whole through each of its multiple floors and you land on the roof to find a rocket launcher...success.

Trust me, it's fun.

Wow.....I already ordered the game a couple hours ago, but if I hadn't, this would have sold me. :)
Posted Image

Armed because I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

#20 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:05 PM

Had to buy it. Thanks OP!

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#21 manlai

manlai

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:12 PM

boy newegg REALLY wants to move this game. I managed to get it used during the 2for1 otherwise I might not be able to resist this.

#22 SoulReaver

SoulReaver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:44 PM

must....wait...for price...to plummet more
Free 360 game by completing 2 offers. If you don't believe it just give it a shot. I spent $4 to get Dead Space. $13 to get Madden 10. PM me if you need help.

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=234233

#23 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:07 PM

For instance: An enemy is coming to smash your head in with his sledgehammer so you hit your thrust backpack to escape which sends you shooting straight up into the air. Since you're in a building it RIPS a whole through each of its multiple floors and you land on the roof to find a rocket launcher

...failure.

How would smashing your head into several ceilings not kill you instantly?

I can't wait to play this game, it seems really fun. But the above scenario seems ridiculous :)

And yeah, why is Amazon selling Star Ocean for the same price as this game, when SO released several months ago...Makes little sense to me.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#24 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:15 PM

NewEgg is really having some nice deals lately.
[cp][/cp]

#25 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:16 PM

Getchu ass to Mahs. Getchu ass to Mahs. Getchu ass to Mahs. Getchu ass to Mahs. Getchu ass to Mahs. Take that thing out of de case, and stick it in yah nose.
Posted Image

#26 Prix Dante

Prix Dante

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:21 PM

As with several people, I'm glad to see this price back so quickly. Bought and thank you OP.

#27 registered

registered

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:22 PM

Yep, I was on the fence about waiting for it to hit the $30 mark, but CheapyD and Wombat sold me. Thank god it came back down.

#28 GogetaSS4

GogetaSS4

Super Saiyan 4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:36 PM

In for 1. Thanks.

GogetaSS4sig-v2.gifApostleOfGod.png

#29 MIGGO

MIGGO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:44 PM

After missing out on this deal the first time, I jumped all over this. Can't wait to play it.

Same here. Came back from Bonnaroo and was super broke. Glad to see the deal brought back!

Now if only Amazon would put Wolverine back to $34, we'd be in bidness.

#30 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:52 PM

Personally, I'd wait a bit longer...I jumped on this when amazon had it at $40 and I've been disappointed by the single player experience. It has some neat features but after the second hour or so, it starts to become a bit of a grind and many of the missions seem to be 'go drive to this side of the map and talk to someone who now tells you to drive to the other side of the map and blow something up'. And if you take more than, oh 15 seconds to destroy a base, then a shit load of enemies converge on you, and every 30 seconds you remain there then seemingly 2x, 3x, ect shitloads of troops swam you. It reminds me alot of GTA4 in the fact that it has alot of impressive features but that most of them combine in a fashion that is something less than fun and more close to frustration at times. After the 3rd hour, I started to ignore the missions and just ran around blowing up stuff and driving massive trucks through buildings, which is very fun and satisfying. I haven't tried the multiplayer, but for me I think this is more a $20 game than a $40 game. It is not that it is bad, which it isn't, it just that its not all that great