Trade in $50 Worth of Games at Amazon, Get 50% Off a Game or Accessory

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1819 replies to this topic

#1801 Pootie Thang

Pootie Thang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:34 AM

I'm hoping Amazon gets my trade-ins soon. I sent it at like 8 A.M. on Monday. Anyways, I wanna pre-order MW2 with my coupon.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#1802 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:36 AM

Japakneez, did you forget to attach the image? Yeah, you can certainly spruce them up. The TE is easily the best looking US stick with the default parts though.

Nope. maybe the site is blocked for you? Here is a link

#1803 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:56 AM

ok I am sure I saw this somewhere in this thread. I cant find it in the thread now, but...

I want to do three offers. I have 3 sets of $50 worth of games. I already made 2, luckily before mirror's edge dropped. I still need 1 copy of that, that's complete.

So I need 3 different accounts, and use three different addresses. And that'll work fine?

Thats what I swear I read in this thread somewhere.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#1804 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:59 AM

Yes Voldboy, that will definitely work. I don't know if anyone has tried doing the offer with two accounts from the same address or not.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#1805 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:03 AM

Yes Voldboy, that will definitely work. I don't know if anyone has tried doing the offer with two accounts from the same address or not.

I have 3 address to use. My office, my home, and my girlfriend's. So I'm fine on that.

The fine print says one per address. So I'd assume it wont work.

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#1806 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:07 AM

i put in two trades, taking advantage of the HWV sale and GS' B2G1. Used my sister's address for the second address. Hope they don't mind HWV's cover art

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#1807 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:11 AM

i put in two trades, taking advantage of the HWV sale and GS' B2G1. Used my sister's address for the second address. Hope they don't mind HWV's cover art

it says that they have to include the cover art and manual, so that might not work. If it does I might try to trade a few extra games I picked up for cags that dont want them

Also I realized you can edit the number of copies of games in your order. I decided to keep a mirror's edge and entered 1 instead of 2 and it worked fine. I guess I gotta print a new shipping label though.

Also wanted to add a mlb 2k9, I got 2. Intended to keep one but that game was pure rubbish and updated my order to 2 copies since my order was made before it dropped.

#1808 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:19 AM

it says that they have to include the cover art and manual, so that might not work. If it does I might try to trade a few extra games I picked up for cags that dont want them

I have the generic cover art from HWV and the original manual, but the back of the cover is all writing and it says Hollywood Inc. at the very bottom. I also threw in an extra game in case my HWV game gets rejected. As long as the others aren't rejected im good :)

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#1809 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:32 AM

I have the generic cover art from HWV and the original manual, but the back of the cover is all writing and it says Hollywood Inc. at the very bottom. I also threw in an extra game in case my HWV game gets rejected. As long as the others aren't rejected im good :)

yeah, it says

not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case)

so it'll probably get rejected, but as long as you got $50 in other stuff thats great.

Ugh, now I gotta go out and find 2 more mirror's edge and NBA 2k9, or else I wont be able to delete 2 games I want to keep from my order. Well...want to keep if I can get 3 more games to cover them for $36ish in credit.

I also have an oblivion collectors edition, dotn really need it since I bought the goty ps3 edition, but I cant find the CE n amazon's site.

#1810 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:09 AM

Also I realized you can edit the number of copies of games in your order. I decided to keep a mirror's edge and entered 1 instead of 2 and it worked fine. I guess I gotta print a new shipping label though.

At what time did you change mirrors edge? The PS3 and 360 versions dropped to $7 around 11pm pst.

I'm wondering if the TIVs get updated to the latest price.

#1811 hmbtnguy

hmbtnguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:23 AM

dammit I submitted it just now and it's the 18th... I wonder if I should bother calling them to ask if I could get in on the coupon as well...
Posted Image

#1812 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:27 AM

Out of curiosity, what's the address to ship the package, in case we don't want to use Amazon's prepaid media mail label? Thanks in advance.

#1813 saggypockets

saggypockets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:30 AM

don't worry about it dude, you will still get in on the deal if you have it post marked by today.

#1814 hmbtnguy

hmbtnguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:33 AM

Alright cool thanks. I was just confused because of these two parts in the deal:

Submit a video game trade-in order with a total value of $50 or more in our Video Games Trade-In store before July 18, 2009

and

To qualify for the 50% off coupon code, you must create a trade-in order during the promotion period (June 28, 2009 - July 18, 2009)

Posted Image

#1815 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:35 AM

At what time did you change mirrors edge? The PS3 and 360 versions dropped to $7 around 11pm pst.

I'm wondering if the TIVs get updated to the latest price.

I did it about an hour ago.I updates it and it went from $12 to $24 total, so the price your quoted at is locked when you submit the first time.

So it needs to be postmarked by today, the 18th. I thought you just had to have a submission before midnight on july 18.

#1816 saggypockets

saggypockets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:45 AM

I think you are right, you just have to have a submission before the end of the 18th. But idk, I haven't read the faq and am too lazy to do so.

#1817 disillusion386

disillusion386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:03 AM

I have posted the FAQ thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=231017

#1818 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:04 AM

Found the FAQ thread with the information I needed. Thanks.

#1819 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:36 AM

So uh, while many values went down, Jet Set Radio Future on Xbox went UP! It's now $9.00. It's now an even better flip from gamestop.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#1820 io

io

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:40 AM

OK, the new thread is (back) up!

Please continue discussion here:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=231017