Fort Wayne mom and pop stores?

Sinnbox

CAGiversary!
I have been living south of fort wayne for about 7 years now and am looking for some new gaming stores, I usualy go to the booknook(now DZ Gaming) in decatur, or EDJe video in bluffton, but prices keep going up at those stores so I am wondering if there are any good mom and pop stores in Fort Wayne that McVans has not killed off. Thanks

[quote name='theonlinelegend']Disc Replay?[/QUOTE]
Disc Replay is one of the only other small stores I can think of. You could also try Atomic Hobbies and Games which carries games, comics, D&D stuff, and others. I don't usually go very often since they don't have much that I look for (good SNES, Saturn, and PS1 games & RPGs).

Fort Wayne doesn't really have any good flea markets or thrift stores. We have 2 salvation army stores and several goodwill stores. I almost never find anything gaming related at the goodwill stores or the salvation army store on Lima. I rarely go into those stores anymore. The pawn shops are pretty much only chain ones that don't carry anything older than a handful of n64 and ps1 games.

The best gaming related deals can be found at garage sales, but I don't have much luck finding games due to competition. Or people are just holding on to them.

Game deals at retail stores can be difficult to get at times. It usually seems like Sears and Kmart get cleaned out pretty quick. I can't tell you anything about the Kmart on the southside since I rarely go down there. We almost never have any of those good Walmart or BB YMMV sales. The problem with clearance at Target (at least the Maplecrest and Glenbrook ones) is that they don't usually have many copies of the better games. L4D was an exception. They had several and I picked up 3, which I sent to other CAGs.

We do have a Half Price Books now off of Coliseum. I do like looking there for books, but I didn't really like some of their old game prices. I guess I've gotten use to garage sale prices of a dollar or two for old games. If you have any interest in books, you have to check out Hyde Brothers.

That's more than you asked, but that pretty much my experiences with the area. I like this area, but it's not the best for finding game deals.

mcvans is not a powerhouse like it used to be... I go there about once a month and they never have anything new its just the same crap sitting on the walls.

disc replay is over price and wants to become the next mcvans (how its pushing its ads and crap its nothin but overprice place)

Kmarts are mostly a joke and shocked they dont close soon.... Sears was good back in march but now they dont have jack crap on sale

Target on maplecrest seems to be beter then on coldwater.. never tried the appleglen target

pawnshops are way over priced (15 bucks for used Psp/ds games that run 20 new)

Of probally the 50 yard sales i went to this year not 1 had video games (i think most people just ebay their crap anymore)

bread's done
Back