• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1793 replies to this topic

#1771 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:51 PM

Scott Niedermayer retires
I thought he was older with that grey beard.

#1772 redshadow

redshadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:12 PM

Disappointed that the Wings gave Lidstrom 6.2 million. I love the guy, and he's given the club 2 quality decades of Hockey, but c'mon. I understand he's one of the best D-men in the league, but he doesn't know how much gas is in the tank, or how long he wants to play. He keeps saying that Detroit is a championship caliber club. If it is, then take the pay hit, and give the club some room to spend around on offense or netminding. I really wish we could have got him for 3 to 4 million and went out to spend some money to put toward either a goalie or a goal scorer. We need both.

#1773 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:20 PM

Disappointed that the Wings gave Lidstrom 6.2 million. I love the guy, and he's given the club 2 quality decades of Hockey, but c'mon. I understand he's one of the best D-men in the league, but he doesn't know how much gas is in the tank, or how long he wants to play. He keeps saying that Detroit is a championship caliber club. If it is, then take the pay hit, and give the club some room to spend around on offense or netminding. I really wish we could have got him for 3 to 4 million and went out to spend some money to put toward either a goalie or a goal scorer. We need both.

im surprised by that too. i thought for sure hed take a big cut on a one year deal for another chance at the cup.

Posted Image

#1774 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

Horton and a player for Wideman? Ouch. lol Athough, Horton was pretty overrated in NHL09 and 10.

Nappy is gone, good fucking riddance. Speaking of that, good fucking riddance to Niedermayer too. Ass.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#1775 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:49 PM

We got some sucker to take Dennis Wideman.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325375

Nathan Horton will fit in well with Boston.

Scott Niedermayer retires
I thought he was older with that grey beard.

I said when Pronger was moved that the Ducks dumped the wrong player. They should have traded Niedermayer because he was going to retire soon. Now there are two big holes in the blueline.

Yeah it's a lot of change, but remember it's Nick. The man is a cyborg who plays a ton of minutes. Most to perfection. No matter what anyone thinks he's still the most important player on that team.

Nappy is gone, good fucking riddance. Speaking of that, good fucking riddance to Niedermayer too. Ass.

This move surprised me a bit. Interesting. Keeping Marleau has to be almost certain now.

The Hawks will be raising they Cup banning against the Wings Oct. 9th. This should provide some serious motivation for our guys.

#1776 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:13 PM

I said when Pronger was moved that the Ducks dumped the wrong player. They should have traded Niedermayer because he was going to retire soon. Now there are two big holes in the blueline.

Their bad. Good fucking riddance.

This move surprised me a bit. Interesting.

It's one of those we're screwed if we do, we're screwed if we don't.

Trade List

#1777 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:15 PM

glad to see nabakov gone. i dont think theyd make the announcement publicly unless they already were working on something with marleau. so hopefully he resigns for the long term.

Posted Image

#1778 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:33 PM

Hall of Fame:

Cammi Granato and Angela James become first women HOF'ers, and Dino Ciccarelli is there now, too.

Plekanec getting some big money:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325383

#1779 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:05 PM

The NHL awards are on Versus tonight for those interested.

#1780 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:06 PM

Blackhawks will be trading Dustin Byfuglien, Ben Eager, & Brent Sopel to Atlanta shortly.

#1781 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:14 PM

what a sad salary dump for chicago.

i was kinda hoping byfuglien could find his way to the bay area after he pwned us this post season. hes the kind of guy the sharks lack. atlanta got him for cheap. CMON DOUG WILSON!

Posted Image

#1782 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:20 PM

And so the farm sale begins :cry:. Going to be a rough offseason.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1783 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:38 PM

I think it's time to start the 2010-2011 season thread. 2009-2010 season is dead now.

#1784 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:49 PM

no thanks. this thread is just fine.

cap next year will be 59.4 million, 3 million increase. that should help a number of teams.

Posted Image

#1785 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:25 AM

This thread is for 2009-2010. Time to kill it off.

#1786 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:38 AM

CMON DOUG WILSON!

Wow, seriously. WTF... Get with the program Wilson! Christ.

Trade List

#1787 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:23 AM

Sedin with the MVP... ? Really...? REALLY... ?
http://sports.yahoo....ug=ap-nhlawards

Tyler Myers with the Calder is great stuff.
http://sports.yahoo....hlawards-calder

Trade List

#1788 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:44 AM

Congrats to Tippett for a winning the Jack Adams award and Doan the King Clancy award.

#1789 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:09 AM

surprised sedin got the trophy, but hey, he got nominated for a reason.

tippett was a shoe-in.

Posted Image

#1790 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:11 AM

Absolutely, it's nice having a real coach.

#1791 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:43 AM

Chicago acquired forwards Dustin Byfuglien, Ben Eager, Akim Aliu and Brent Sopel from from Chicago in exchange for forwards Marty Reasoner, Joey Crabb and Jeremy Morin and a first-round selection and second-round selection in the 2010 NHL Draft.

Wat...? :facepalm:

San Jose acquired defenseman Michael Vernace and forward Brett Sterling and a seventh-round selection in the 2010 NHL Draft from Atlanta in exchange for future considerations.

Wat... ?

Trade List

#1792 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:44 PM

For those who missed it last night this was HILARIOUS!!!

Also I'm all for closing this thread out since the draft starts tomorrow. As long as wildcpac is going to stick with it for the season and keep the OP updated we should proceed there http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=265381

#1793 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:03 PM

I'll keep the new thread OP updated.

#1794 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:07 PM

Good work everyone on last season's thread. Let's lock it up and start fresh for the new season!