all for 50.00 + balance on edge card from the trade three get extra 10 deal

and decided to pick up on the way home from work today

Rachet and Clank

Bioshock - need to flip for a copy with manual and cover

and

Lord of the Rings Conquest - will most likely flip for Dead Space

not bad for averaging out to 15.00 per game

wanted to get

Uncharted - but couldn't justify it since I have all the above games, and blazeblue still coming and it'll be 20 bucks in a few months

Prototype - heard it was short and wanted to rent it first

Uncharted is AWESOME !! It's like you are in a frickin movie or something ! ;) One of the best games out there IMHO...

#1292 darkpice

darkpice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:01 AM

over 2 days these were my hauls:

izuna - ds (complete)
izuna - ds (complete)
wizardry - ps2 (cover art, no manual. free)

skies of arcadia - gc (cover art included but, missing manual)
skies of arcadia - gc (also with art but missing manual)
beyond good and evil - gc (complete and free)

LOZ collectors edition - gc (complete)
LOZ masters quest - gc (complete)
oblivion GOTY - 360 (complete and free)

pretty good haul. wish i had the manuals with skies and wizardry but oh well. if anyone has these manuals for sale or knows where i can get them send me a PM ASAP!!
Retail Store Hustler

#1293 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:58 PM

I ended up with nothing. I went to 3 GS and couldn't find three games I really wanted. So I just hung on to my money, and will buy one game I really want later on down the road.

#1294 snowboarddude131

snowboarddude131

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:08 PM

i returned on of the games i bought yesterday. I paid in store credit and when i returned one game i received 40.78 cash...and only had to return one out of the three games. Was i just lucky or do they always do that??

#1295 Lock1454

Lock1454

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:10 PM

Just to let everyone know, I just checked out of curiosity and ebgames.com still accepts the b2g1free code. Just placed an order for Silent Hill 2-4 and it accepted the order... Now whether this gets caught and the order canceled - only time will tell.

#1296 smashngrab77

smashngrab77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:14 PM

i was in a store yesterday and the lady said that the sale was going through today i will be stopping at a store to see later. not going on right now...however GTA chinatown wars is still coming up at $20 TIV

#1297 au7oma7ic

au7oma7ic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:21 PM

i returned on of the games i bought yesterday. I paid in store credit and when i returned one game i received 40.78 cash...and only had to return one out of the three games. Was i just lucky or do they always do that??

There have been many times I decided I did not want one of the games and returned it and gotten my money back. So the deal ended up becoming a B1G1. Usually you will get store credit, but occasionally cash.

Wooo

#1298 cloudmd23

cloudmd23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

After the fiasco at one store, I ended the weekend with:

Dragon Quest IV - DS
Mad World - Wii
Naruto: Broken Bonds - 360

La Pucelle Tactics - PS2
Phantom Brave - PS2
Ys: Ark of Napishtim - PS2

Ico - PS2
Shadow Hearts: Covenant - PS2
PS2 Dual Shock Controller

These should keep me busy for awhile.

#1299 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

Trust me, you are not alone. I sometimes feel I am addicted more to collecting games than actually playing them. If I stopped buying new games and played to completion every game I currently have, I would be playing well into next year and perhaps beyond. They need to set up a 1-888-GAME-OFF hotline or something. :D

QFT. Even when i try to spend money on my other hobbies i always have a hard time trying to resist more games. I can talk myself out of buying $100 putter to help my golf game but $100 for 9 games is a bargain to me that i cant pass up. :drool:

I have so many sealed and unplayed games its sickening. O well at least i am helping the economy. :lol:

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#1300 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:12 AM

Man, those fuckers shipped me a copy of GTA IV (360) with a generic case and no instruction manual, even though I ordered the 24.99 one that is guaranteed a case and instruction manual. And it stinks like smoke to boot. I e-mailed them to see what they're going to do to correct it.

default.png2.png

#1301 MrRosales

MrRosales

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:06 AM

Got Saints Row 2, Assassins Creed, and God of War 2. Variety ftw
Posted Image

#1302 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:38 AM

Arrgg, UPS, my package was suppose to come in today, waited all day on my free day, and at 7pm it retruned back to the shipping center -_-

Nothing to see here, move along!

#1303 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:58 PM

Man, those fuckers shipped me a copy of GTA IV (360) with a generic case and no instruction manual, even though I ordered the 24.99 one that is guaranteed a case and instruction manual. And it stinks like smoke to boot. I e-mailed them to see what they're going to do to correct it.

I don't think Gamestop guarantees cases or manuals with any used games, and they charge the same price for games whether they have them or not. It's one of the big reasons (beyond the even bigger question of the condition that the disc itself will be in) that I won't buy used from them online. I think you're probably out of luck.

#1304 DaMonStEr

DaMonStEr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:07 PM

I don't think Gamestop guarantees cases or manuals with any used games, and they charge the same price for games whether they have them or not. It's one of the big reasons (beyond the even bigger question of the condition that the disc itself will be in) that I won't buy used from them online. I think you're probably out of luck.

They were advertising select used games to come complete with case and manual for a brief amount of time actually.

#1305 JustinSaneV2

JustinSaneV2

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

Is it possible to exchange my free game for another game of equal or lesser value?

#1306 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:22 PM

Yes.

fs_overall.png

#1307 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:25 PM

They probably ran out of cases and manuals and just sent what they had left.

fs_overall.png

#1308 JustinSaneV2

JustinSaneV2

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

Yes.

Thanks!

Posted Image

#1309 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:34 PM

Why cant they just put the games in the cases when they ship them. 2 of my games were left in envelopes, which then slid around, picked up some scratches because of that. My 3rd game was actually slipped into the booklet holder side, I mean put it in the case, but not in the correct holder?

Nothing to see here, move along!

#1310 Anhmeister

Anhmeister

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:57 PM

I grabbed Condemned 2 for PS3 when it was $9.99 and was guaranteed the have the case and manual. Gamestop did not disappoint, the game came complete with the original case and manual and the game disc was perfect. I was amazed. The two other games I bought were Halo 2 and Persona 3 FES. Halo 2 was actually in a paper sleeve and came in the generic box. I expected that but it was still annoying. Persona 3 was complete and had refurbish marks on it, but aside from that was quite nice.

The most amazing thing was that I ordered everything on Saturday, the order shipped out on Monday and got here on Tuesday on SAVER shipping.

Edited by Anhmeister, 22 July 2009 - 11:11 PM.