Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

enjoy me, thanks and happy 4th

http://www.joystiq.c...ngland-edition/

#2 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:15 PM

[insert video of "The Jeffersons" TV show opening with the theme "Movin' on up" here, since YouTube killed all the clips of it]

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Clarke

Clarke

The Pretender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:43 PM

Ehhh...

That gives me even less incentive to listen.

Posted Image

#4 Porygon

Porygon

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:41 AM

I listened to the Joystiq podcast once before, and only even considered giving this a listen because Wombat is awesome. It was kinda lacking in the Wombat department, but that wasn't really your fault. Also, shame about the quality of your Skype recording.

That said, I can't understand how people can listen to this podcast in the first place. I see people recommend this podcast from time to time and I'll never understand it. The host is annoying, and seems to be the only person having fun. The vibe of the entire show just feels awkward. Hate to speak negativley about people Wombat considers friends, I'm sure they're all good people, but their show seriously sucks and I have to let the internet know.

#5 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:36 AM

There is often an awkwardness to the Joystiq Podcast, but that's what makes it fun. Also, there are three people , so the conversation doesn't flow like it does on the CAGCast. When the CAGCast is on a roll, there really isn't a better podcast IMHO, its just too fun.
[cp][/cp]

#6 Captain Freeze

Captain Freeze

Totally Party!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:54 AM

"are you going to yell out 'the British are coming'"?

wombat, you had some killer one liners!

#7 TheToiletDuck

TheToiletDuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:02 AM

Just finished listening and a nice surprise to hear you on it. You were on form Wombat, awesome show, great job.

Posted Image

#8 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:41 AM

That said, I can't can totally understand how people can listen to this podcast in the first place. I see people recommend this podcast from time to time and I'll never always understand it. The host is annoying awesome, and seems to be the only person one among many, many people having fun. The vibe of the entire show just feels awkward hilarious and fun. Hate It's a privelege to speak negativley so glowingly about people Wombat considers friends, I'm sure they're all good people, but their show seriously sucks rules and I have to let the internet know.

Fixed that for ya. ;)

Sorry man, you're completely entitled to your opinion, but I have to disagree. For me, the Joystiq podcast is right up there with the CAGcast as "can't miss" listening each week. To each their own, though.
Posted Image

#9 Edward351

Edward351

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

The reason I like the Joystiq podcast is all the 'inside baseball' stuff they talk about. It gives a different perspective on the industry and I think a good feel for what happens behind the scenes so to speak. I guess I like it for what I consider a journalism perspective. It's like I'm listening to a news anchors on commercial breaks.

I like the CAGcast for a real gamer's perspective. I really appreciate Cheapy's and Wombat's honesty and that's a different feel/perspective. When I listen to the CAGcast it's like I'm listening to my friends bullshit about games.
Posted Image

#10 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:32 PM

I had a hard timing hearing Wombat in this one.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#11 Hbomb5

Hbomb5

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:20 PM

Enjoyed the podcast.
Cross Border Gaming Podcast- http://crossbordergaming.com Discussing the latest games, busting Cheapy's chops, and hating on Jack White. (Blue Orchid sucks!)

Hblog- http://hbombgames.com
The Internet's newest home for gaming news, reviews, commentary, and community.

I am NOT on the glue!

#12 thenexus6

thenexus6

more human than human

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:53 AM

I don't listen to this podcast, but I downloaded it especially because of you

awwww.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#13 pelf21

pelf21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:27 AM

you were hilarious wombat.....nice job