Wombat on the Joystiq podcast

[insert video of "The Jeffersons" TV show opening with the theme "Movin' on up" here, since YouTube killed all the clips of it]

I listened to the Joystiq podcast once before, and only even considered giving this a listen because Wombat is awesome. It was kinda lacking in the Wombat department, but that wasn't really your fault. Also, shame about the quality of your Skype recording.

That said, I can't understand how people can listen to this podcast in the first place. I see people recommend this podcast from time to time and I'll never understand it. The host is annoying, and seems to be the only person having fun. The vibe of the entire show just feels awkward. Hate to speak negativley about people Wombat considers friends, I'm sure they're all good people, but their show seriously sucks and I have to let the internet know.

There is often an awkwardness to the Joystiq Podcast, but that's what makes it fun. Also, there are three people , so the conversation doesn't flow like it does on the CAGCast. When the CAGCast is on a roll, there really isn't a better podcast IMHO, its just too fun.

Just finished listening and a nice surprise to hear you on it. You were on form Wombat, awesome show, great job.

tim_eric.jpg

[quote name='Porygon'] That said, I can't can totally understand how people can listen to this podcast in the first place. I see people recommend this podcast from time to time and I'll never always understand it. The host is annoying awesome, and seems to be the only person one among many, many people having fun. The vibe of the entire show just feels awkward hilarious and fun. Hate It's a privelege to speak negativley so glowingly about people Wombat considers friends, I'm sure they're all good people, but their show seriously sucks rules and I have to let the internet know.[/QUOTE]
Fixed that for ya. ;)

Sorry man, you're completely entitled to your opinion, but I have to disagree. For me, the Joystiq podcast is right up there with the CAGcast as "can't miss" listening each week. To each their own, though.

The reason I like the Joystiq podcast is all the 'inside baseball' stuff they talk about. It gives a different perspective on the industry and I think a good feel for what happens behind the scenes so to speak. I guess I like it for what I consider a journalism perspective. It's like I'm listening to a news anchors on commercial breaks.

I like the CAGcast for a real gamer's perspective. I really appreciate Cheapy's and Wombat's honesty and that's a different feel/perspective. When I listen to the CAGcast it's like I'm listening to my friends bullshit about games.

bread's done
Back