• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 killthemall4444

killthemall4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:40 AM

Link

Sorta surprised this hasn't been posted yet but I could have missed it. Anyway factor in the shipping and the cost is $38 bucks for arguably the only worthwhile baseball game on the 360...how far the 2k series has fallen.

Anyway I'm not wasting anyone's time by posting this and I was all over this deal as I've been hankering a good baseball game and I enjoyed the heck out of the first game. The review are adding up as well.

BTW this applies to the 360 version only. The PS3 version is 44.90. All the other versions seem to be standard price.

#2 Kelegacy

Kelegacy

All Around Nice Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:03 AM

Hmm, great deal. I'll have to fire up the demo I downloaded when I get home.

#3 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:15 PM

Wow, this game just came out didn't it?

#4 sang321

sang321

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:13 PM

Yep the game just came out and it's really good. Is this a reputable site? Because I'm thinking of ordering it now.

Also, it says Asia and then Region Free next to the game. Will the game play in North American regions like a US system and just like a game from a local store would?

K. I see now there is Asia games, Japanese, and US. The US game is regular price so I figure the Asia game is only for Asian consoles.

It is a reputable site but the shipping is horrible as in it costs too much. (For me anyway.)

#5 Bunnz

Bunnz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:00 PM

Yep the game just came out and it's really good. Is this a reputable site? Because I'm thinking of ordering it now.

Also, it says Asia and then Region Free next to the game. Will the game play in North American regions like a US system and just like a game from a local store would?

K. I see now there is Asia games, Japanese, and US. The US game is regular price so I figure the Asia game is only for Asian consoles.

It says "No Region Protection" right there. It is region free. It will play just fine on any Xbox.

Play-Asia is very trustworthy, and their slowest shipping option is just $3 or so.

#6 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:07 PM

It is a reputable site but the shipping is horrible as in it costs too much. (For me anyway.)

$3.90 is horrible?

Still a terrific deal even with the shipping.

#7 therigger

therigger

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:15 PM

Yep the game just came out and it's really good. Is this a reputable site? Because I'm thinking of ordering it now.Posted Image

I've ordered from play asia many times, they are definitely a trustworthy site, always delivered.

#8 rdogg1026

rdogg1026

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:21 PM

This is a great game based on the reviews so far but I just know that Newegg is going to do a $39.99 w/ Free Shipping deal on this soon.
Posted Image

#9 KMoney33

KMoney33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:48 PM

Wow this just came out and is getting good reviews, I'm shocked. So many deals going on lately and I have too many games I haven't even started yet! I may jump on this I'm not sure yet. Good find.

#10 deangrazy

deangrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:33 PM

Wow, this game just came out didn't it?Posted Image

Yep, it just came out, good deal for a new game, I predict the price would drop in the near future.

#11 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:36 PM

Yup this came out 2 days ago!
I was addicted to HR Pinball for awhile and enjoyed the single player making my own guy as well. For some reason the demo didn't excite me and HR pinball wasn't as fun. Maybe I should give it a second chance for this price!

#12 markthegamer

markthegamer

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:54 PM

Dang that is cheap. Tempting. Posted Image
Beware of the kitten.

#13 Fatalah

Fatalah

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:07 PM

This is the price the game SHOULD have been released at. I'm going to buy from here when I get home. Beautiful deal!

Any additional promo codes for the website though?! Like free shipping or something?!

#14 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:49 PM

I got The Bigs 1 for <$10 at CC and so I'm going to have a really hard time buying this at anything above $15. Damn.

Still, Bigs 1 was a lot of fun with my buddy until he figured out the timings better than I did and started shutting me out reliably every game. It seems like one of those games that if you can "get" the timings, you've beaten the game.

That said, if Bigs 2 is a step forward from Bigs 1, even a small one, it will be in excellent territory as far as sports games go.

#15 opterasis

opterasis

Bullhonkery!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:54 PM

Tempting, but I sucked horribly at the demo, I was down 20 points after the first inning.
My Bluray owned list

http://www.points2sh...p?ref=opterasis

What I've gotten free from points2shop *updated* 1/16/12!
Spoiler

#16 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:00 PM

Tempting, but I sucked horribly at the demo, I was down 20 points after the first inning.

That's how I was, but after playing it for a solid hour the other night, it gets easier. Like mentioned, its all about the timings. I'm pretty decent at batting and pitching. I still have trouble in the outfield and whatnot though. The computer gets lots of doubles on me.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#17 FRAUD_WHATS_THAT

FRAUD_WHATS_THAT

Oblivion-I'm rich glitch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:11 PM

You must have got the CAG email alert? I got one too for Battlestations:Pacific for $24.90! Wow if I wasn't broke I would definitely buy this too! Someone might want to check other prices at Play Asia because I think it dropped last night.

http://www.play-asia...en-70-36cu.html

Call of Juarez & Overlord 2 are $49. Banjo is $9.90, not bad.
Posted ImageMods are like opinions, everyone has one...

Posted Image

#18 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:19 PM

I believe in baseball they are called runs, not points;). Just a little pro-tip for you.
Space for Rent:lol:

#19 jhaymond1

jhaymond1

is cooler than you.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:20 AM

I sucked at the demo as well. I'll give it another shot knowing this deal is here.

Posted Image

#20 Fatalah

Fatalah

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:41 PM

So this Asian version of the game will play on my US 360 for sure? Without any difference?

#21 ccpaul16

ccpaul16

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

anyone have a similar deal for the ps3 version?

#22 jozef

jozef

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:55 PM

great deal....well done.. Posted Image