GS Sale 7/13 50% off select Used Games| Top 2008 Used Sale | Wii Sale

tenzor

CAGiversary!
IMPORTANT: PRICES WILL NOT BE MARKED DOWN LIKE A NORMAL PRICE DROP. THEY SHOULD HAVE A 50% off STICKER, or the $5,$10,$15 stickers on them. If there is no sticker, and you know the game is on the list, chances are the store just forgot to sticker it. Just bring it up, and when they total the transaction it will automatically discount it.

This sale begins on 7/13

Currently there is also a sale going on for Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits (7/8-7/12 only) and Select New Titles marked down to $19.99
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229890

Save $5, $10, $15 off on Top Selling 2008 Used Games

Save $5 off
Devil May Cry PS3
Grand Theft Auto IV 360
Grand Theft Auto IV PS3
Madden NFL 2009 PS3
Madden NFL 2009 360
NCAA Football 2009 PS3
NCAA Football 2009 360
Prince of Persia PS3
Prince of Persia 360
Pure 360
Saints Row 2 PS3
Saints Row 2 360
Too Human 360
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 360
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 PS3

Save $10 off
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway 360
Devil May Cry 360
Fallout 3 PS3
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) PS2
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) PS3
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) 360
Need for Speed Undercover PS3
Need for Speed Undercover 360
Soul Calibur IV PS3
Soul Calibur IV 360

Save $15 off
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) Wii
Little Big Planet PS3
MLB 08 The Show PS3
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe PS3
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe 360
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 PS3
Resistance 2 PS3
Socom: Confrontation (Game Only) PS3

Save 50% off Select USED Games
A lot of crappy games like old sports games, or really crappy games. Edge card should still stack so technically it will be 60% off.

PS3

Madden NFL 2007
Virtua Fighter 5

Battlefield Modern Combat
Madden NFL 2007
Madden NFL 2006
NCAA Football 2007
Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End
Pocketbike Racer
Prey
Project Gotham Racing 3
Rainbow Six Vegas
Sega Superstar Tennis
Sega Superstar Tennis/Arcade Games 2 Disc Pack

PS2
ATV Off Road Fury 2
ATV Off Road Fury 3
Corvette
DDR Extreme
DDR Max 2
DBZ Budokai 2
DBZ Budokai 3
DBZ Budokai Tenkaich
DBZ Budokai Tenkaich 2
DT Racer
ESPN NBA 2K5
ESPN NFL 2K5
Eye Toy Play (Game Only)
Ford Racing 2
Ford Racing 3
The Getaway
Ghost Recon
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire
Juiced
Madden NFL 2002-2007* (Madden 2002-2007 are all on sale individually)
Major League Baseball 2k6
Manhunt
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty
Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix
MLB 06 Show
MVP 06 NCAA
MVP Baseball 2004
MVP Baseball 2005
MX Unleashed
Naruto Ultimate Ninja
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2
Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles
NASCAR 2005
NASCAR 2006
NBA 2K7
NBA Live 2004-2007* * (Live 2004-2007 are all on sale individually)
NBA Street
NCAA Football 2004-2007*(NCAA 2004-2007 are all on sale individually)
NFL 2K3
NFL Street 2
Onimusha 2
Onimusha Warlords
Powerdrome Racing
Rebel Raiders
The Sopranos
Spider-Man 2
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Stutman Ignition
Super Trucks Racing
Suzuiki TT
Thrillville
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Tony Hawk's Underground
Tourist Trophy
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist of the Roses

Special Weekend Sale 7/16-7/19 EXPIREDBUY 2 USED GAMES GET 1 FREE
*THE 50% OFF, and Top 2008 USED Games Discount will NOT STACK WITH THE B2G1F. The computer will give you best deal depending on what you bring up.
Discussion in this tread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229428

Nintendo Sale 7/22-7-26
Buy a Nintendo Wii New System, and receive a free select Wii Game.

**Thanks to CAG user zaff2000 for the complete list**

Excite Bots
Animal Crossing city folk (game only)
Wii Music
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Wario Land Shake it
My Fitness Coach
Mario and Sonic Oylmpic games
Shaun White snow boarding
Rayman Raving Rabids tv
Mad World
Don King Boxing
Sonic Unleashed

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hockeyfun66@']Awesome, how many days do you have to get a price adjustment on previously purchased games at Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

7 days with USED
30 days with NEW

Hmm, $13.99 for Prince of Persia if the price stayed at $18.99, that is a great deal. Funny they still think people are going to buy NCAA Football 09 for $25-30 though, they'll be selling it for $15 in 2 months tops.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Man, what is up with all the GS sales?[/QUOTE]

Clearing their shelves for all the new games coming out later this year.

What the hell! So gamestop wants all of my money I guess? Im going to be the whitest dude this summer staying in and playing all these games :)

How long will this sale be good for? Imagine what it would be like if GS's sales were even worse, we might actually get some really great deals instead of these good deals.

Probably going to show the PS2 some love and get in on this sale. Good time to pick up some crappy sports games for when I feel the need to play them.

[quote name='freshzen']Hmm, $13.99 for Prince of Persia if the price stayed at $18.99, that is a great deal. Funny they still think people are going to buy NCAA Football 09 for $25-30 though, they'll be selling it for $15 in 2 months tops.[/QUOTE]

why not buy the 2007 version. its almost the same game LOL

I recently purchased a PS2 since I have a 40gb PS3 :( so I'm gonna have to start pickin' up some games. Think I'll go with GTA: Vice City, MGS2, and a Tiger Woods game to get things started.

thanks for the post TC. In general this part of the july sale is pretty lame. Will definetely get Prince of Persia again (got rid of it in a trade here for Beyond Good and Evil GC). Also Brothers in Arms.

and than POSSIBLY get the show 08, I am assuming there are no differences between 08 and 09, well any major ones at least. Can someone correct me if I am wrong, I don't really play baseball games.

EDIT::: Did you guys enjoy Battlefield Modern Combat? I know its older and everything buttt...

[quote name='whatup5']Wouldn't BIA:HH for 360 be 7.99 after $10 off and then 6.20 stacked with edge?[/QUOTE]
this is exactly what i was just going to post

Hmm I usually give the 360 arcade games disc as a present to my friends who just got 360s so they can play uno with me. If they have a bunch at mine i'll just buy the sega tennis pack and give that to them instead.

I would totally be down for Rainbow Six, Never got to play it and $5.20 would be awesome. Hopefully I can find one with the artwork and manual.

[quote name='Montana02115']I would totally be down for Rainbow Six, Never got to play it and $5.20 would be awesome. Hopefully I can find one with the artwork and manual.[/QUOTE]
Didn't even think to do the math on that one...will pick it up for sure my local EB has crapload of them complete

[quote name='Montana02115']I would totally be down for Rainbow Six, Never got to play it and $5.20 would be awesome. Hopefully I can find one with the artwork and manual.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it would be a good way for me to finish the game, I believe I traded it in when I got 15 for it, so somewhat of a profit...

[quote name='confoosious']wait, is it save $10 off the current price?

SC4 is currently $25

if it stacks, then soul calibur 4 would be...

$10.50?[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm talking about! I hope the coupon stacks.

can someone send me a link to that coupon?

is it only 360 games though?

Socom could be worth it...but if its on the new one....which is 40...15 will only set it to 25...the used copy is only 29.99 plus edge card which would be 27...so its not a hudge deal....

damnit and i want it considering new DLC by end of summer

The coupon will not stack. It never has in the past. Supposedly, the computer will give you the best promo. Only Edge will stack.

If PoP is that cheap, then I'll return the copy I picked up at Target for $14.98 and buy a used copy using store credit.

Prince of Persia 360 will be an ever so slightly more then 1-to-1 flip to amazon ($13.35 after MD 6% tax, to $13.50 credit at amazon) once this starts, but I could stand for transferring more credit, so this is good. Of course this presumes that the trade-in value holds at amazon and the price holds at Gamestop.

Thanks OP!

EDIT: holy crap - we also have the 360 coupon! If this stacks, and since it's a sale I can't see why it wouldn't, then this will be a nice flip indeed! $10.38 (after 6% tax) to $13.50. Keeping fingers crossed.... I may go buy some copies of PoP 360 now and then do a return and rebuy once the sale starts.

EDIT2: Brother's in Arms: Hell's Highway 360 is also a good flip to amazon, if prices/trade-in values hold. $5.93 to $9.50 for me. Percentage-wise that's better then PoP.

Last edited by a moderator:
usually gamestop doesnt stack...unless you pretty much know the people in there it wont happen

i just brought vegas 2 for ps3 for 22 the other day lol good thing im returning it!!!

I can't keep track of all these sales. I think I'm just going to walk into a GS a few times over the next couple of weeks and be surprised at the sales. I don't think there's going to be a point in planning a purchase since so many of these sales are coming in on top of each other.

I'm very curious to see if these $x off things are officially PROMOTIONS or PRICE DROPS. If they ring up for $x less automatically (if the sticker price matches the computer price), it will apply to any B2G1 offers, as well. If the $x amount is removed as a PROMOTION once the transaction is posted, then B2G1 WON'T apply, which will make this a pretty worthless sale.

Here's hoping!:whistle2:k

Brothers in Arms used price has bounced from 17.99 to 34.99 back to 17.99 in the past month or so. I wouldn't be surprised if it bounced back UP to 34.99 before the $10 promo kicks in.

The 20% 360 coupon probably will not stack, unless, as the poster above me pointed out, GS treats these as price drops instead of promos. You can only have one active promo plus Edge on any given item.

Also, 50% off old sports games means several of those 99 cent games will be down to 39 cents after Edge, which makes them a great deal when you buy them as trade fodder for the trade 6 promo.

And, for anyone who hasn't played them, both Rainbow Six Vegas games are a lot of fun, and have good single player campaigns and good multiplayer. The last time I checked, there were still at least a few people playing the first one online, and plenty of people playing the second one.

Battlefield was fun - I've heard it's ridiculously buggy, but they may have fixed that. Massive online matches + choppers, but it might be tough to find games online still. Maybe we can get a bunch of CAG's together to play since it'd be so damn cheap.

Prey would be an absolute steal for $3-4, even more so if you found a complete CE with everything.

The website seems to be dropping some prices. The two I found, but when I try to buythem, they say the page cant be found. I did a search for used 360 games, sorted by price and saw

2 listings for DMC4 one for $14.99 one for $24.99
2 listings for GTA4, one for $24.99 one for $34.99

It may become live onine soon.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75320

Dont know if the linke works.

Also it added the following:

This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and includes a box and instruction manual. WOW, complete used games!

[quote name='J7.']How long will this sale be good for? Imagine what it would be like if GS's sales were even worse, we might actually get some really great deals instead of these good deals.[/QUOTE]
Seriously... Let's get everyone to stop shopping there for a while so we can get the hookups next time one of these sales go on :lol:

[quote name='romodome']This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and includes a box and instruction manual. WOW, complete used games![/QUOTE]

Holy crap - that's the news of the day! Is gamestop.com going to start listing whether or not their games have box and manual from now on? I certainly hope so!

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on Devil May Cry 4. It stacks with edge at CAG16% Bought two other games to get over 25 to use SAVER.

Devil May Cry 4 Xbox 360 $14.99
Mirror's Edge Xbox 360 $17.99
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Xbox 360 $9.99

EDGE Discount - EDGE Card Discount - 10% off in-stock used games and strategy guides. - Devil May Cry 4 - $1.50
CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games & dvds - Devil May Cry 4 - $2.16
EDGE Discount - EDGE Card Discount - 10% off in-stock used games and strategy guides. - Mirror's Edge - $1.80
CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games & dvds - Mirror's Edge - $2.59
EDGE Discount - EDGE Card Discount - 10% off in-stock used games and strategy guides. - Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - $1.00
CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games & dvds - Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - $1.44
Sub-Total: $32.48
Handling: $2.99
SAVER - Free Value Shipping on your order. - $2.99
Estimated Tax: $2.67
Payment: - $35.15
Order Total: $0.00

[quote name='romodome']

Also it added the following:

This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and includes a box and instruction manual. WOW, complete used games![/QUOTE]
WOW, this could be huge!

[quote name='pjg1286']Went ahead and pulled the trigger on Devil May Cry 4. It stacks with edge at CAG16% Bought two other games to get over 25 to use SAVER.

Devil May Cry 4 Xbox 360 $14.99
Mirror's Edge Xbox 360 $17.99
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Xbox 360 $9.99

EDGE Discount - EDGE Card Discount - 10% off in-stock used games and strategy guides. - Devil May Cry 4 - $1.50
CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games & dvds - Devil May Cry 4 - $2.16
EDGE Discount - EDGE Card Discount - 10% off in-stock used games and strategy guides. - Mirror's Edge - $1.80
CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games & dvds - Mirror's Edge - $2.59
EDGE Discount - EDGE Card Discount - 10% off in-stock used games and strategy guides. - Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - $1.00
CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games & dvds - Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - $1.44
Sub-Total: $32.48
Handling: $2.99
SAVER - Free Value Shipping on your order. - $2.99
Estimated Tax: $2.67
Payment: - $35.15
Order Total: $0.00[/QUOTE]
Why not wait for the B2G1? These looked like they changed the actual prices online so I would think it would stack.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6058617

bread's done
Back