Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (7/26/09 - 8/1/09)

• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#31 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:25 PM

Punch out with nunchuck?

Target has an "exclusive" version that comes with the nunchuck packed in.
It is in fact the only item that seems to be on sale since it usually goes for $64.99 and is down to $49.99 that week.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#32 whymustiregister

whymustiregister

Coupon PDF Maker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:27 PM

Wii Active - $49.99

That's EA Sports Active if anyone is confused, retails for $59.99.

#33 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:30 PM

Virtua Tennis borders on being worth a pickup for me, just because I like the series.. anyone played it? How is it with WiiMotion+?

#34 ToadStoolPorridge

ToadStoolPorridge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:56 PM

Virtua Tennis borders on being worth a pickup for me, just because I like the series.. anyone played it? How is it with WiiMotion+?

I didn't enjoy it that much. I like tennis games and have enjoyed past Virtua Tennis installations and Top Spin games, but not so much this one. If you're a fan of the series you might have some fun with it for a bit, but I'm glad I rented it instead of buying it. I probably wouldn't pay $30 for it. Maybe $20 would be the right price for me.

#35 ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:45 PM

Is this in the ad also?

It's in the ad, yes. Looks like OP updated his post to reflect this as well.

#36 Got_Wii

Got_Wii

Nintendo Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:00 PM

Hmmm...Wheres the Buy 2 Get one Free on Wii games Target? Or do the same promotion thats going on this week for xbox, again for Wii. Looks like my purchase will be Wii Sports Resort. Even though its not on sale.

Posted Image

#37 Got_Wii

Got_Wii

Nintendo Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:17 PM

Hmm looks like I will definitely be picking up Wii Sports Resort on Sunday at 10 am. I have a $10 gift card to use from the purchase of the Bigs 2. So I spend $39.99 + tax and get a $20 giftcard. Not to bad. Dont most games usually release on Tuesdays? Wonder why WSR has a sunday release date?

Posted Image

#38 kodave

kodave

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:34 PM

Shit, I might have to bite on that Punchout w/ Nunchuck.

I've been staring at it with its insanely high $65 price tag for a while hoping they'd just clearance it.

But this is basically like buying Punchout for full price with a free Nunchuck.

Or to flip it, you figure the Nunchuck goes for $18-20 new, and Punchout at its lowest has been $40, to pay $50 means you're getting Punchout for $30.

Or to look at it another way with internet deals, if you could score Punchout for $40-45, you're getting a Nunchuck for $5-10.

Either way it sounds pretty good to me. I doubt Punchout will drop much below $40 for a long time because its a first party Ninentdo game.

#39 Gears24

Gears24

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:49 PM

wow i hope best buy has some 360 deals at least

#40 iluvmywife

iluvmywife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:49 PM

I think Best Buy pming this will be YMMV. Their policy says they won't PM gift cards, but I remember last time some people managed to get it PMed.

I have always had luck with my local BB when it comes to pming gift card deals.

#41 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:47 PM

wow i hope best buy has some 360 deals at least

Us 360 owners get plenty of love this week at Target. Don't sweat it.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#42 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:21 AM

Is it totally unreasonable to post DVD ads at the same time as games?

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#43 jjknap

jjknap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:26 AM

No PC games?

#44 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:28 AM

I didn't enjoy it that much. I like tennis games and have enjoyed past Virtua Tennis installations and Top Spin games, but not so much this one. If you're a fan of the series you might have some fun with it for a bit, but I'm glad I rented it instead of buying it. I probably wouldn't pay $30 for it. Maybe $20 would be the right price for me.

Thanks for the info. Given that Amazon has it as a Gold Box Lightning Deal right now at $20 I'm going to give it a shot (with ECA it's a great price)... out of curiosity, did you try it with Wii Motion Plus, or just the normal game?

#45 Tdogg2k8

Tdogg2k8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:34 AM

Darn you Target!!!!!!!
Sony better get some love the Week after!!!!
(lol done ranting)

#46 kaseydme

kaseydme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:52 AM

Best Buy doesn't pricematch gift cards like they do at other stores. Instead they take the price of the gift card off the total price just did it this past week with 1600 point cards from target.

From bestbuy.com (http://www.bestbuy.c...460&id=cat12098)

How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

PS they(CSR and a Manager) didn't believe me about this until I pulled it up on my Iphone in the store, then a 2nd manager had to come over and read it to get them to honor it.

#47 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:10 AM

Best Buy doesn't pricematch gift cards like they do at other stores. Instead they take the price of the gift card off the total price just did it this past week with 1600 point cards from target.

From bestbuy.com (http://www.bestbuy.c...460&id=cat12098)

How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

PS they(CSR and a Manager) didn't believe me about this until I pulled it up on my Iphone in the store, then a 2nd manager had to come over and read it to get them to honor it.

This is def. YMMV. I've tried to get BBs to honor this (with print out ready) and had some wench tell me that BB couldn't give me a gift card to TRU...uh...no shit.:roll: I said screw it and just bought the game elsewhere. It's called "murphing" and store managers runners get incentives to do it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#48 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:46 AM

So can I go and preorder WiiSports Resort tomorrow, and basically get a $25 dollar GC sunday?

#49 miriamleo

miriamleo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:39 AM

Does it cost anyting to become a reward zone member?

#50 comrau00

comrau00

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:41 AM

Such a very amazing link!

pret personnel enligne - Pret personnel en ligne et de

#51 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:11 AM

$5 wii motion plus? Hm...Actually I think Toys R' Us may have a better deal on Wii Sports Resort. I better go cancel my order at gamestop and go to Toys R' Us!!!

#52 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:14 AM

No, it's free.

#53 netspyder5k

netspyder5k

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:37 AM

Here latly i have noticed target putting more and more games out in their discount racks... a couple of days ago i bought prince of persia for the 360 for 14.99!!! :lol: they had a couple copies for the ps3 also...

along with other semi-ok? titles everyones tastes differ i guess i thought the others were crap personally but hey, buy it and trade it in if you dont like it... last time i check prince was 8 dollars trade in at gamestop. hell... its 15$ in trade in at the store i work at....

#54 CombatCraig

CombatCraig

Now a Wii-60 Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:05 AM

Just curious if you saw if/how much BSG Complete Series on BD was going to be?

Thanks so much OP!

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (1590 4359 1171 - Craig)
:wii: Mario Kart Wii (0044 3202 4873 - Craig)

#55 blowmefer

blowmefer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:37 PM

So can I go and preorder WiiSports Resort tomorrow, and basically get a $25 dollar GC sunday?

Can someone verify this?
If so, I am definitely in on this deal!

#56 CombatCraig

CombatCraig

Now a Wii-60 Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:57 PM

Well of course they would do this when my TRU gets it's roof taken off by a tornado and is closed for repairs lol

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (1590 4359 1171 - Craig)
:wii: Mario Kart Wii (0044 3202 4873 - Craig)

#57 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:00 PM

The system takes the amount of the gift card off the price of the game, then charges the value of the gift card on the receipt. Basically, so no one can return the item for full price and get a free gift card out of the deal.

has anyone tried to return the game... Man its freaking awful..... in the past they did not take the price of the giftcard off the game and now that they did they never told the workers

I got one of those xmen games on the last gift card deal..

Well after reading reviews the ds verison sounded like it sucks so it was

xmen 15
gift card 15
total price 30

Well i went to take the game back and they would only give me 1 buck for the game saying the game was only 15 bucks and you got a 15 buck gift card i had to call the 800 line to finally get my 15 back
WOOOO I STINK

#58 Bervda

Bervda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:42 PM

Just curious if you saw if/how much BSG Complete Series on BD was going to be?

Thanks so much OP!

Ha, that's exactly what I came here hoping to find!

How about it OP, any chance at getting us a look at the DVD/BLU prices?

#59 NeoStrider

NeoStrider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:12 PM

Wii
Lumberjacks - $19.99
Cardio Workout - $19.99
Trivial Pursuit - $19.99
no deal for Wii Sports Resort

PS2
Free Robo Jam Buzz Jr & 4 Buzz controllers with purchase of PS2
GH World Tour - $99.99

PS3 & 360
Wheelman - $29.99
Fight Night 4 - $49.99

PS3
Bluetooth Headset - $39.99
Wireless Keypad - $39.99

#60 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:25 PM

wow, what a shitty deal, I'm assuming the GH:WT bundle is on sale for the PS2 only? This should be a universal price drop by now for the bundles
MidnightMetalMayhemAA-620x200.jpg
:wiiu:- Super Mario 3D World
:ps3:- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
:3ds:- Pokemon Battle Trozei
:vita:- Nothing