Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (7/26/09 - 8/1/09)

• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#151 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:58 PM

I preorderd yesterday.
Smile

#152 Game_Dude_3

Game_Dude_3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

I was iffy about buying the game, but with this deal, I'll pre-order it tomorrow for sure. You can't beat a $25 free gift card.

#153 SpaceWiZaRD420

SpaceWiZaRD420

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:32 PM

I will consume mass amounts of Battlestar Galactica. Both the 4.5 LE DVD set AND COMPLETE BLU RAY SET will be bought. One of scifis greatest shows.

#154 CombatCraig

CombatCraig

Now a Wii-60 Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:05 PM

I'll probably end up getting BSG on BD unless Target has something up their sleeve (which I doubt)

#155 ncm6349

ncm6349

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:17 PM

anyone know the no interest financing deals? Looking to get the full set of Battlestar, but not sure I have $200 lying around

#156 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:41 PM

I was iffy about buying the game, but with this deal, I'll pre-order it tomorrow for sure. You can't beat a $25 free gift card.

Exactly. It wasn't worth $50.00 to me, but at $25.00 I'll take it. Plus i'll need a Wii Motion Plus for Zelda (I hope!).

#157 arnott

arnott

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:04 PM

You forgot the part about where if you have a reward card, you get a $20 gift card for Wii Sports Resort if you come in between 10am and 2pm on the 26th. If you buy two games from the list it becomes a 30 dollar giftcard, and three games makes it a 45 dollar giftcard. Otherwise the what OP said holds true for the rest of the week.

Does having a Toys r us & babies r us Credit card satisfy the reward card requirement, or they are separate ?

QuickiWiki Look Up this
http://www.cheapassg...tzky5gPJAAAOw==http://www.cheapassg...G3d93GNUQAAOw==http://www.cheapassg...h5atQ7kfDiQAAA7http://www.cheapassg...G3d93GNUQAAOw==http://www.cheapassg...hDJkhBOKkgAADs=http://www.cheapassg...G3d93GNUQAAOw==

#158 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:26 PM

damn my store doesn't have wii sports resort for preorder anymore. Anyone else still able to preorder today?

#159 TGizzle

TGizzle

Fr0g 4 L1fe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:36 PM

OK, I stopped in TRU tonight, and made my pre-order.

After I was all done, the clerk told me he had a "sneak peek" at Sunday's ad, and that I should be getting BOTH the $5 GC (for the pre-order) AND a $20 GC for a Sunday morning purchase!

So my $20 GC will be going towards a 2nd Motion Plus add-on!
And the $5 for something else later on...

Thanks for the heads up, man. Just came back from doing the same, and will be doing the same. It truly is Christmas in July (the game and 2 Motion +'s are for December though), especially @ Toys 'R Us! :D

Does having a Toys r us & babies r us Credit card satisfy the reward card requirement, or they are separate ?

They are separate. The Rewards 'R Us membership is free. And you get your membership cards in-store (hassle-free, for me at least), if you enroll in-store.

damn my store doesn't have wii sports resort for preorder anymore. Anyone else still able to preorder today?

I was still able to. Try other locations, in your area, if possible.

#160 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:05 AM

This seemed like a great deal when I saw it, but turns out it will only save me about $6 at most over amazon when I factor in I preorded when it was in my goldbox, used ECA discount, and would have almost 10% tax where I live at TRU. Everything I would use the GC on is more expensive to buy at TRU +tax compared to amazon, which reduces the value of the GC to me. Not to mention saving a trip to TRU.

#161 iPUSHCARTS

iPUSHCARTS

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:16 AM

can you post the HDTV sales (preferably under $500)? need to buy a new tv for the bedroom.

#162 GamesAreCool

GamesAreCool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:04 AM

If you are still able to pre-order I believe today would be the last day.

#163 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:05 AM

Some good deals on those Blu-rays........the game prices are crap though.

#164 1Sail0r

1Sail0r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:21 AM

If you are still able to pre-order I believe today would be the last day.

Wait so we can't preorder the game tomorrow?

#165 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:31 AM

Looks like Wii Sports Resort for a $20 gift card on Sunday. Yippee.

Hopefully I can get rid of the Ghostbusters gift card that expires next Friday.
-Michael

Posted Image

#166 darernskywalker

darernskywalker

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:31 AM

Hey do you know what deals there are for Samsung Plasma TV's?

Thx

#167 snatcher33

snatcher33

Marry me Jenny!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:39 AM

Hey do you know what deals there are for Samsung Plasma TV's?

Thx

I would stay away from the Samsung plasmas. I have had mine for about 3 years, and now I have lines going across my entire TV. I wish I would have read up more about it, as other people who have my model encountered the same problems. I vow never to buy another Samsung product.
Posted Image

#168 darernskywalker

darernskywalker

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:43 AM

After extensive online research...I'm wondering if the PN50B650 Samsung Plasma price will be?

Thx again

#169 xbox_mole

xbox_mole

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:45 AM

I would stay away from the Samsung plasmas. I have had mine for about 3 years, and now I have lines going across my entire TV. I wish I would have read up more about it, as other people who have my model encountered the same problems. I vow never to buy another Samsung product.

I have no experience with Samsung Plasmas, but I personally feel their LCD's are the best on the market. I have two and have been very happy.

#170 ggamdori

ggamdori

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:47 AM

Seems, without CC, BB has no reason to drop prices :(

I miss CC and Speedy.

#171 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:06 AM

$15 Wrestler on BRD. Win~!
-Michael

Posted Image

#172 botticus

botticus

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:10 AM

Wait so we can't preorder the game tomorrow?

I'll be giving it a shot tomorrow since I'm lazy, hopefully it'll be good.

#173 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:00 AM

They didn't take any more preorders in my area.

Plus with PS3 remote play you can basically PLay your PS3 games on your PSP Go anywhere you are basically making it a Portable PS3

But Metroid sucks. I consider it Gunpei Yokoi's worst creation, even beating the Virtual Boy.

RE: XBox ONE

at least they change their name and not name their systems 1,2,3,4

#174 voidedx

voidedx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:17 AM

They didn't take any more preorders in my area.

Luckily, there was at least 10 Wii Sports Resort preorder tags at mine when I went tonight. The preorder tag had "$5 GC" promo on it. Either they will have more of this game or it is less appealing than WiiFit which ran out of preorders at this location a week before it was out.

#175 Game_Dude_3

Game_Dude_3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:44 AM

I'll check the TRU on Pines tomorrow afternoon. I was working today and wasn't able to stop by.

#176 pdawg502

pdawg502

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:46 AM

Ok. So i went to Target tonight and put together a great deal with their Xbox deals this week. If you buy a xbox 60gb Pro, you get a $50 gift card. Also, if you buy a 1600 MS point card, you get a $5 gift card. And finally, if you buy one full price xbox game ($59.99) you get the second one 1/2 off (29.99).

Here's what I did.

Bought the Xbox pro at $299.99. Got the $50 gift card. At the same time, bought the 1600 MS point card (for Battlefield download soon :) and got the $5 gift card. I was told that both gift cards are activated when the purchase is completed, so I swiped my credit card and ended there.

THEN, I go back and get 2 full price games (Fallout 3 and Tiger woods '10) and get the buy one get one 1/2 off...so $90 for the 2 of em, and use my recently acquired gift cards :) and there ya have it!

2 games, $90-50-5= 2 brand new games for $17.50 each :) And if you didnt want the xbox, just wait a day or 2 and return it after getting your $17.50 games.

Even the kid at Target was impressed with me.

But hurry!!! Saturday is the last day for the sales!!!!!!

#177 soonerdoc

soonerdoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:54 AM

THEN, I go back and get 2 full price games (Fallout 3 and Tiger woods '10) and get the buy one get one 1/2 off...so $90 for the 2 of em, and use my recently acquired gift cards :) and there ya have it!

2 games, $90-50-5= 2 brand new games for $17.50 each :) And if you didnt want the xbox, just wait a day or 2 and return it after getting your $17.50 games.

But hurry!!! Saturday is the last day for the sales!!!!!!

I'm not impressed. I hope your "genius" plan doesn't hinge on your returning the xbox360. Target is hardcore about returns on package deals. Check your receipt. I'm sure if you return the xbox360, you are only going to get back 249.99 unless you return the console AND the gift card.

#178 pdawg502

pdawg502

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:58 AM

I'm not impressed. I hope your "genius" plan doesn't hinge on your returning the xbox360. Target is hardcore about returns on package deals. Check your receipt. I'm sure if you return the xbox360, you are only going to get back 249.99 unless you return the console AND the gift card.

nope, I wanted an Xbox. :)

#179 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:59 AM

When/if you return the Xbox they ask for the gift card back. Don't have the gift card or you used it then you get $50 less dollars back. You won't get them for $18 in the end.

Every one on CAG isn't impressed by you.

#180 10kdragon

10kdragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:03 AM

Luckily, there was at least 10 Wii Sports Resort preorder tags at mine when I went tonight. The preorder tag had "$5 GC" promo on it. Either they will have more of this game or it is less appealing than WiiFit which ran out of preorders at this location a week before it was out.

depression didn't hit us when wii fit was out.