Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (7/26/09 - 8/1/09)

• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#181 pdawg502

pdawg502

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:22 AM

When/if you return the Xbox they ask for the gift card back. Don't have the gift card or you used it then you get $50 less dollars back. You won't get them for $18 in the end.

Every one on CAG isn't impressed by you.

Wow, for a site that looks to help out fellow gamers, you guys are flat out rude. Chill with the attitude and if you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all. If you didnt like/need the info, keep on scrolling...but save your comments for the 14 yr olds you "pwn" online.

#182 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:32 AM

Yeah we look to help get a deal not scam a company out of $50.

#183 pdawg502

pdawg502

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:37 AM

BB has GOW2 on sale for 29.99 this week. If you put 5 bucks down on a game pre-order you get 10 bucks off any 29.99 game or higher instantly, provided they are on the same receipt. If you use Madden as your pre-order you can get that 5 bucks back 5 days after the game comes out, which is Aug. 14th. So you are basically getting GOW2 for 20 bucks. Some people probably already know about this, but this is for those who don't know Best Buy pre-order policy. Same goes for any of the games you pre-order....you can get that 5 bucks back 5 days after release if you don't want the game.

So this "deal" that everyone thought was a great find is any different? Take your teen angst elsewhere kid

And im not scamming anyone...im keeping the Xbox and the 2 $17.50 games...so relax Mr. Do-good and chill with the trolling.

Edited by pdawg502, 25 July 2009 - 07:44 AM.

#184 voidedx

voidedx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:10 AM

Hmmm...Wheres the Buy 2 Get one Free on Wii games Target? Or do the same promotion thats going on this week for xbox, again for Wii. Looks like my purchase will be Wii Sports Resort. Even though its not on sale.

You should look at the $20 GC promo from TRU for Wii Sports Resort. (Preorder before Sunday and get another $5 GC.)
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=231306

#185 Foo228

Foo228

Brawl Nights host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:27 PM

The TRU register system does weird things with giftcards. I tried to stack the $10 off $50 coupon with a free $10 giftcard when you buy a game offer and it would not stack.

Only because Wii Sports Resort is $49.99 before taxes (which are excluded in most coupon specificatitons). Add something for 0.01 to take advantage of it.

Does Wal*mart price match gift card sales?

Nope. They will honor the price though. (doesn't help your case..)
For example: RB2 bundle was $109 w/ a $25 gc last year and they wouldn't honor the gc but did the $109 price no prob.

#186 monster1990

monster1990

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:00 PM

Does anyone know if the gift card that they will give you when you purchase Wii Sports Resort can be used on a purchase right after you get it or if it takes a day or so to be activated?

#187 jterp7

jterp7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:07 PM

at least in the DC area, the walmart and BB's are horrible on PMing, I mean BB actually argued PMing their OWN website. Walmart is the worst here, probably because there's only 1 in the local area. For those of you here, best to just get it at the source.

#188 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:19 PM

Does anyone know if the gift card that they will give you when you purchase Wii Sports Resort can be used on a purchase right after you get it or if it takes a day or so to be activated?

I think the last couple they handed out needed 6 hours to activate.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#189 Astro7x

Astro7x

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

When does this ad go on the TRU site so I can print it out? Think I'm going to just have Best Buy price match it and get $10 off Wii Sports Resort.

#190 GamesAreCool

GamesAreCool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:58 PM

The ad is usually up at 10:00 A.M. central for me.

#191 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:17 PM

I think the last couple they handed out needed 6 hours to activate.

Hope that it's active as soon as you get it as I was going to pick my daughter up a $25 toy.

#192 acyw13

acyw13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:43 PM

This seemed like a great deal when I saw it, but turns out it will only save me about $6 at most over amazon when I factor in I preorded when it was in my goldbox, used ECA discount, and would have almost 10% tax where I live at TRU. Everything I would use the GC on is more expensive to buy at TRU +tax compared to amazon, which reduces the value of the GC to me. Not to mention saving a trip to TRU.

how much is it in your gold box ? i assume it would be $40 after all the discount
buying it from tru would be $55 -$25 gift card = $30
if you are going to buy an extra motion plus, $40 + $20 = $60 from amazon
but $55 from tru
that is indeed very close, but i think your state really need your tax money at these time ;)

#193 Got_Wii

Got_Wii

Nintendo Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:23 PM

You should look at the $20 GC promo from TRU for Wii Sports Resort. (Preorder before Sunday and get another $5 GC.)
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=231306

I'm on it already. Pre-ordered a few days ago. Still a couple other games Id like to pick up during the next sale.

Posted Image

#194 justoneuncle

justoneuncle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:39 AM

Only because Wii Sports Resort is $49.99 before taxes (which are excluded in most coupon specificatitons). Add something for 0.01 to take advantage of it.

It probably wouldn't take the coupon and the gift card because the computer subtracts the value of the gift card from the item and then adds a gift card to your purchase. Since coupons exclude gift cards, you would fall short of the $50 mark because the price of the game was reduced. TRU coupons usually work within a couple cents of the value they require. You could probably get a supervisor to override it and allow you to use the coupon though.

#195 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:09 AM

Picked up one of the last pre-order cards from the Tigard, OR store. Can't wait to get the game and 2 Motion Plus' for $49.99 along with a $5 card.

#196 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:36 AM

I found one of the last pre-order slips at the Robinson, PA store about 45 minutes ago and was able to put my $5.00 down. Now I have $30.00 in GC to use on it tomorrow and hopefully can use the $25.00 in GC I get back on either the Tiger Woods 10 set with the motion control plus or on just another motion controller plus. I might just try and hold out a week or two to see if any coupons pop up and use that towards the Tiger Woods 10 bundle.

p.s.
Is $19.99 a sale price this week on the Motion Control Plus or is that its everyday price at TRU?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#197 Got_Wii

Got_Wii

Nintendo Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:37 AM

I found one of the last pre-order slips at the Robinson, PA store about 45 minutes ago and was able to put my $5.00 down. Now I have $30.00 in GC to use on it tomorrow and hopefully can use the $25.00 in GC I get back on either the Tiger Woods 10 set with the motion control plus or on just another motion controller plus. I might just try and hold out a week or two to see if any coupons pop up and use that towards the Tiger Woods 10 bundle.

p.s.
Is $19.99 a sale price this week on the Motion Control Plus or is that its everyday price at TRU?

The Motion plus is the $19.99 price most everywhere that I have seen.

Posted Image

#198 xbox_mole

xbox_mole

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:49 AM

Hope that it's active as soon as you get it as I was going to pick my daughter up a $25 toy.

It's not likely. All of the promo gift cards I've ever seen them give out always make you wait the 6 hours to use them. They want to get you back in the store at a later time to hopefully get you to purchase more items.

#199 theb1rdm4n

theb1rdm4n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:12 AM

The Motion plus is the $19.99 price most everywhere that I have seen.

Yep. Except for gamestop at $25. Those greedy bastards. I remember some stores doing that with links crossbow training too, since $20 is only the suggested price, they can charge whatever they want for it.

#200 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:33 AM

It's not likely. All of the promo gift cards I've ever seen them give out always make you wait the 6 hours to use them. They want to get you back in the store at a later time to hopefully get you to purchase more items.

That's correct. According to the ad I saw today, the gift card will activate 6 hours after purchase.

#201 Achilles00

Achilles00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:13 AM

I used to work at TRU about 2.5 years ago. If we issued a gift card for a sale, it was available to use immediately. I used that to full advantage when making purchases. I'd get a gift card with one purchase, then use it immediately for another one. Unless something has changed, I assume that you can use the gift card for your next purchase. I've never heard anything about a 6 hour activation wait.

#202 Achilles00

Achilles00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:26 AM

The TRU register system does weird things with giftcards. I tried to stack the $10 off $50 coupon with a free $10 giftcard when you buy a game offer and it would not stack.

What is this $10 off $50 coupon that you're talking about? Is this something you received in the mail?

#203 WiiGame

WiiGame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:54 AM

aww man.. whats this rewards zone crap.. i really wanted to get a $20 gift card with wii sports resort so i could get an extra motion plus

#204 WiiGame

WiiGame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:56 AM

I spotted this ad at work during my break and took a bad but visible cellshot. Nothing good really.
Adscan

Wii
Wii System - $249.99, Free $20 GC w/ purchase of Wii System
Wii Motion Plus - $19.99
Wii Fit - $89.99
Wii Active - $49.99
Wii Sports Resort - $49.99
Tiger Woods 10 - $49.99
Grand Slam Tennis - $49.99
Punch Out w/ Nunchuck - $49.99
Virtua Tennis 2009 - $29.99
Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009 - $29.99
Raving Rabbit TV Party - $29.99
Gold's Gym Cardio Workout - $19.99

That's it.

lol, those are all regular price!

#205 kodave

kodave

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:05 AM

lol, those are all regular price!

Not for Punchout w/ Nunchuck.

#206 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:13 AM

aww man.. whats this rewards zone crap.. i really wanted to get a $20 gift card with wii sports resort so i could get an extra motion plus

A free membership much like a Safeway or Albertson's card. If you were too lazy to sign up for one, then tough cookies for you.

#207 Achilles00

Achilles00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:24 AM

Yea, it's easy, dude. I just went to toysrus.com and signed up in about a minute, then printed out a temporary card. No sweat.

#208 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:38 AM

Yea, it's easy, dude. I just went to toysrus.com and signed up in about a minute, then printed out a temporary card. No sweat.

My anti-virus software (AVG) doesn't like Toyrus' reward zone site. Says the security certificate of the site has expired.

#209 joby27

joby27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:50 AM

I clicked on the details for the on-line ad and it states you get $450 if you buy Wii Sports Resort and 2 games. Too funny.

#210 ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:00 AM

The giftcard they will give out will likely have a 6 hour delay before becoming active, but getting around that is extremely easy, so long as you can convince the cashier to put it on a regular gift card that you'd get when you buy one at any register.