Gamestop: The Dark Spire $9.99 New, $8.99 Used - B&M

Great! This was on my list for this weekend.. $17.99 was a great price before, but now it's really too hard to pass up. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Antic']None near me. Anyone wanna help me out? :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, all mine around me are tapped out. I picked this up a couple B2G1 ago at $17.99. I was worried if I waited for it to drop more, they won't be any around me, so might as well pick it up then. This is a fantastic price though.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I have two shots at getting this. And may one of those stores have a complete copy. Amen.[/QUOTE]

Wish you best of luck. Mine actually came complete when I got mine, with the soundtrack and outter box, which is part of the reason why too I picked it up then and didn't want to wait much longer. A complete copy at $8.99 though would be an amazing price.

[quote name='bvharris']Damn, this is gonna be a big weekend for me at GS[/QUOTE]

I know right? It just seems like all these games are dropping just in time for this B2G1, lol. Wallet is going to be a lot lighter after this B2G1 :* (

Nice, I wanted this game since I first saw it... reminds me of the old PC RPGs I used to love (Ultima, Eye of the Beholder, Wizardry, etc).

For $9 I'm willing to check around.

i think this is why im going on total lockdown on buying any video game until disaea 2 hits the psp..

paid 21 for this game used back in april... never played it yet and now i could of got it for around 9

doubt you get the music cd with it though.....

now was super robot final frontier and dark sigil fall (just picked up dark sigil for 17 shipped used) complete

if anyone else trying to think if other games to go with this, heres some other decent lower priced games you can keep an eye out for.

Trace Memory $6.99
Deep Labyrinth $6.99
Pac-Pix $6.99
Rub Rabbits $7.99
Line Rider 2 Unbound $8.99
Neves $8.99
Away Shuffle Dungeon $8.99
Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ $8.99
Trackmania $8.99

Just some of the finer games that should go nicely with B2G1 if you want to make Dark Spire an even better deal : ) good luck hunting

Nice. I just picked up Stuntman: Ignition 360 ($8.99) with the 20% off coupon. I'll do a return and pick up Dark Spire together with one more game during the upcoming b2g1. Hopefully, I find a complete copy at one of the GS in my area that has it in stock.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Does GS still not give DS cases with used DS games? That's dealbreaker supreme for me.[/QUOTE]

All the Gamestops around me have been putting cartridge-only affairs into a plain black DS case, so that they're mixed with all the complete copies on the shelf.

Wow! There is a copy at one of my local-ish GS's too. I hope it has case and manual. I wasn't originally all that interested originally, but for that price....

Wow... what a good deal. I might get this, La Pucelle Tactics, and some other game for the b2g1... if not, I'll get a sealed copy of this. Hopefully I'll get the CD too.

[quote name='utopianmachine']All the Gamestops around me have been putting cartridge-only affairs into a plain black DS case, so that they're mixed with all the complete copies on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

yea i saw this too....which probably means that they are concerned for space again and that much like gba games they are close to just throwing away ds cases even when they are traded in....

Wow, went out of stock when I get my credit card in and about to checkout.

Guess I gotta try the store now...

[quote name='Antic']Wow, went out of stock when I get my credit card in and about to checkout.

Guess I gotta try the store now...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, hopefully not a gutted copy though :*(

[quote name='biledriver']yea i saw this too....which probably means that they are concerned for space again and that much like gba games they are close to just throwing away ds cases even when they are traded in....[/QUOTE]

I don't think they will do that, they'll kill that market fast.

if they get any used DS games, they just won't print out a case and such, which imo is fine.... why bother putting up a FAKE case for a cartridge game, with most likely NO instructions...

I think it's a good move.

as for Dark spire being 10, WOW nice drop. I already picked up mine from amazon when it was cheap... but getting it for that low in store is also nice.

The soundtrack is also very splendid, but they have both versions of the songs, but not all of them which is a bummer.

This game always look interesting. I don't know much about it. Is it a remake of an old computer game or is it an original title with the style of those old RPGs? Is it pretty engaging as far as combat goes? I'll still probably pick this up but I'm just curious.

Weird, for some reason I always thought this was more like Shiren than Etrian Odyssey (i.e. die and start over from scratch). Now that I have looked at it again and realized the folly of my ways, I don't know how I can pass it up for $10.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']This game always look interesting. I don't know much about it. Is it a remake of an old computer game or is it an original title with the style of those old RPGs? Is it pretty engaging as far as combat goes? I'll still probably pick this up but I'm just curious.[/QUOTE]

It's an original title but it may as well be a brand new Wizardry game. If you're a fan of first person dungeon crawls and you're willing to overlook some stupid UI choices it's a really enjoyable game.

Decisions, decisions...do I go to the mall a block away that allegedly has one or more 'new' copies, or try and get a used on at the store a quarter mile away tonight or tomorrow along with some other games to maximize B2G1...

Unfortunately none of the GSs I frequent has it in stock. The mall I'm going to tonight has an EB and a GS, but neither have this. Not really worth driving 20 miles to pick up.

The fuck? I just ordered this from their website last night along with Chrono Trigger for $19.99 each but there was a problem verifying my CC info (their stupid system reformatted my billing address so it no longer matched the one I have on file with the bank) which they emailed me about. I just corrected that, now I see the price of Dark Spire has dropped $10 and is OOS online. Wonder how this is going to affect my order.

[quote name='talon2099']The fuck? I just ordered this from their website last night along with Chrono Trigger for $19.99 each but there was a problem verifying my CC info (their stupid system reformatted my billing address so it no longer matched the one I have on file with the bank) which they emailed me about. I just corrected that, now I see the price of Dark Spire has dropped $10 and is OOS online. Wonder how this is going to affect my order.[/QUOTE]

See if you can do a return/rebuy at stores, I know I've returned .com orders at the store, but haven't had a price adjustment.

You could always call and see if a customer service rep will manually adjust to the new price since they probably didn't ship it out yet.

[quote name='JCDenton']How long is the return period? I bought it new at $20 about a month ago.[/QUOTE]

Should say on your receipt, which you would have to have to do the return anyway.

Great game! The game isn't without a few flaws (some of the menus are set up strangely - I've used items on the wrong party member more than once :mad:) but those are minor compared to the immense fun that's packed into the game. I felt that it was easier to dive into than the Etrian Odyssey games. At this price, it's well worth picking up and supporting Atlus and Success.

Now, when the hell is Sega gonna wake up and port or make a new version of Shining the Holy Ark for me? :D

[quote name='Squarehard']Yeah, hopefully not a gutted copy though :*([/QUOTE]

Just got it, and it really wasn't gutted in the same sense as other games. They took off the case that holds the cd and game and had it on the shelf. The actual game and cd were still sealed. :D

[quote name='Antic']Just got it, and it really wasn't gutted in the same sense as other games. They took of the case that holds the cd and game and had it on the shelf. The actual game and cd were still sealed. :D[/QUOTE]

Nice. I just picked up a new un gutted copy for my friend. Fantastic gift for my friend who loves these kind of games, and barely cost anything. Sweet. :D

bread's done
Back