Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop: The Dark Spire $9.99 New, $8.99 Used - B&M

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#31 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:41 PM

Wow, went out of stock when I get my credit card in and about to checkout.

Guess I gotta try the store now...

Yeah, hopefully not a gutted copy though :*(

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#32 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

I saw this at my GS yesterday but it was just the game, no slipbox/OST.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#33 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:00 PM

yea i saw this too....which probably means that they are concerned for space again and that much like gba games they are close to just throwing away ds cases even when they are traded in....

I don't think they will do that, they'll kill that market fast.

if they get any used DS games, they just won't print out a case and such, which imo is fine.... why bother putting up a FAKE case for a cartridge game, with most likely NO instructions...

I think it's a good move.

as for Dark spire being 10, WOW nice drop. I already picked up mine from amazon when it was cheap... but getting it for that low in store is also nice.

The soundtrack is also very splendid, but they have both versions of the songs, but not all of them which is a bummer.

#34 xrickyb86x

xrickyb86x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:03 PM

This game always look interesting. I don't know much about it. Is it a remake of an old computer game or is it an original title with the style of those old RPGs? Is it pretty engaging as far as combat goes? I'll still probably pick this up but I'm just curious.
MMMMMMM

#35 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

If I see it in a store around here I will pick it up, thanks for the tip!

#36 Sythix

Sythix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:21 PM

Wow, I was going to pick this up at 20 just the other day... awesome!

#37 botticus

botticus

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:38 PM

Weird, for some reason I always thought this was more like Shiren than Etrian Odyssey (i.e. die and start over from scratch). Now that I have looked at it again and realized the folly of my ways, I don't know how I can pass it up for $10.

#38 Bunnz

Bunnz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:40 PM

This game always look interesting. I don't know much about it. Is it a remake of an old computer game or is it an original title with the style of those old RPGs? Is it pretty engaging as far as combat goes? I'll still probably pick this up but I'm just curious.

It's an original title but it may as well be a brand new Wizardry game. If you're a fan of first person dungeon crawls and you're willing to overlook some stupid UI choices it's a really enjoyable game.

#39 darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13

Cheaply-Caped Crusader

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, OP. I picked up what looked to be the last truly new, non-gutted copy in town! :)
I am the dryer that eats all your left socks...
I am the weedwhacker in the garden of evil...
I am the terror that flaps in the night...
I am...DARKWING DUCK!

#40 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:13 PM

Decisions, decisions...do I go to the mall a block away that allegedly has one or more 'new' copies, or try and get a used on at the store a quarter mile away tonight or tomorrow along with some other games to maximize B2G1...

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#41 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:17 PM

Unfortunately none of the GSs I frequent has it in stock. The mall I'm going to tonight has an EB and a GS, but neither have this. Not really worth driving 20 miles to pick up.

33126.png

#42 talon2099

talon2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:19 PM

The Fuck? I just ordered this from their website last night along with Chrono Trigger for $19.99 each but there was a problem verifying my CC info (their stupid system reformatted my billing address so it no longer matched the one I have on file with the bank) which they emailed me about. I just corrected that, now I see the price of Dark Spire has dropped $10 and is OOS online. Wonder how this is going to affect my order.

#43 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:17 PM

The Fuck? I just ordered this from their website last night along with Chrono Trigger for $19.99 each but there was a problem verifying my CC info (their stupid system reformatted my billing address so it no longer matched the one I have on file with the bank) which they emailed me about. I just corrected that, now I see the price of Dark Spire has dropped $10 and is OOS online. Wonder how this is going to affect my order.

See if you can do a return/rebuy at stores, I know I've returned .com orders at the store, but haven't had a price adjustment.

You could always call and see if a customer service rep will manually adjust to the new price since they probably didn't ship it out yet.

#44 JCDenton

JCDenton

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:23 PM

How long is the return period? I bought it new at $20 about a month ago.

#45 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:32 PM

How long is the return period? I bought it new at $20 about a month ago.

Should say on your receipt, which you would have to have to do the return anyway.

33126.png

#46 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:39 PM

Great game! The game isn't without a few flaws (some of the menus are set up strangely - I've used items on the wrong party member more than once >:() but those are minor compared to the immense fun that's packed into the game. I felt that it was easier to dive into than the Etrian Odyssey games. At this price, it's well worth picking up and supporting Atlus and Success.

Now, when the hell is Sega gonna wake up and port or make a new version of Shining the Holy Ark for me? :D

#47 Antic

Antic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:50 PM

Yeah, hopefully not a gutted copy though :*(

Just got it, and it really wasn't gutted in the same sense as other games. They took off the case that holds the cd and game and had it on the shelf. The actual game and cd were still sealed. :D

#48 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:55 PM

Just got it, and it really wasn't gutted in the same sense as other games. They took of the case that holds the cd and game and had it on the shelf. The actual game and cd were still sealed. :D

Nice. I just picked up a new un gutted copy for my friend. Fantastic gift for my friend who loves these kind of games, and barely cost anything. Sweet. :D

#49 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

Damn that's a great price for a niche game, not all will love it, but those that do will REALLY enjoy it. A steal for that price and one of my fav DS games of the past year.

Now if only they'd do a Dark Tower board game translation like this, I'd b in heaven.

#50 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:06 PM

That price is nice, but I have to decide if I want to go for the cheap used or find a new one with the music CD. I like to collect the games with music CDs.

#51 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:22 PM

Nice! Picked up a copy this morning. Thanks OP!

#52 coppanuva

coppanuva

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

That price is nice, but I have to decide if I want to go for the cheap used or find a new one with the music CD. I like to collect the games with music CDs.

If you like them, get it new. It's only $10 new on the website, so it might be worth it to look for.

#53 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:13 PM

get a new copy, its not much more than a used copy (no matter if you do the B2G1 or 20% and card). And I've never seen the game without the cd
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#54 coppanuva

coppanuva

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:18 PM

If you like them, get it new. It's only $10 new on the website, so it might be worth it to look for.

#55 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:12 PM

Thanks. I hadn't seen that it had been updated. I need to see if any other good altus games dropped down.

#56 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:51 PM

Thanks. I hadn't seen that it had been updated. I need to see if any other good altus games dropped down.

Only other alright Atlus drop that I saw was Trackmania. Thats about it.

#57 sadunclesnugglez

sadunclesnugglez

That's what she said

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:18 PM

Thanks OP! I was able to score a new, un-gutted copy. Awesome.

#58 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:21 PM

Went to the mall across the street from the office and picked up the two new copies they had, the sealed one for me and the 'gutted' complete and mint one for my friend.

There are TONS of new copies all over LA...man, my city does NOT appreciate quality first person dungeon crawlers!!! Tragic. I feel sorry for you guys that don't have any copies within 50 miles or even 100.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#59 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:50 PM

I picked up a new copy half an hour ago. Thanks. I couldn't pass on that price. It would be nice if more PSP atlus games would drop too.

#60 paean

paean

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:27 AM

Thanks OP! Got the last gutted copy but I don't care, I would have opened it immediately anyway.