Photo
- - - - -

GS/EB Weekly Ad 7/17 - 7/23 w/ coupon: 20% off any used PS3 Games (Limit 3)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

#61 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:36 PM

My guess? Slicing through the shrink wrap and sliding the disc out, then returning. Getting 40 for each copy with the intention of ebaying copies of Madden.

#62 Tdogg2k8

Tdogg2k8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:44 PM

Gamestop technically has the right to refuse Trade ins
but the cash cows they try to be, they wouldnt refuse a newer game trade in.

also the Ncaa madden deal, is until Madden comes out iirc
(thats what my guy told me)

#63 tylerdurden689

tylerdurden689

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:12 PM

May pick up Prototype with this coupon. Hard to pass up for 31.xx with Edge.

#64 micro21

micro21

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:41 PM

Bioshock/Oblivion Combo Pack >>>> PC >>>> $19.99

Damn too bad i already have bioshock on the pc from the best buy BF sale last year I would have like oblivion.

I'm in the same boat, I have Bioshock Collector's Ed. for PC already, but never picked up Oblivion. The Oblivion GOTY edition is also $19.99, so I'm going to grab that instead. I don't believe the combo pack includes the expansions.

#65 jdlmm80

jdlmm80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:04 PM

Should i pick up fight night round 4 or go with prototype and mirrors edge.

#66 iclash

iclash

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:19 PM

Thanks for posting the coupon, every onced in awhile gamestop stops emailing me the weekend specials. I have to sign up with a new email address, but then I end up missing a couple weeks.

#67 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:15 PM

i think i may just have to find transformers ROTF with this

596772.png

#68 daminion

daminion

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:31 PM

I'm with those who are waiting on an Uncharted drop -- however I don't expect one until 3+ months after Uncharted 2 is out -- Gamestop tends to raise the price of games when the sequel comes out. I wouldn't be surprised if the used price went up to $44.99 if not higher. The only thing to prevent this would be a publisher price drop.

#69 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:28 PM

yeah, I say wait on the price drop for uncharted, its good to play through it once.
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#70 VGI-Shinobi

VGI-Shinobi

Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:37 PM

Picked up Infamous for 38.xx. I didn't see other 2 54.99 games I wanted during B2G1 free so I'd rather spend $5 more to get the game I want.

#71 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:46 PM

NCAA 10 and Red Faction Guerrilla, nice. I just hope to find a Bigs 2 before Fri.

BTW, anyone else besides me feel like passing out these coupons to other people the store? I keep a bunch in my wallet and felt compelled to give it to a mother/daughter buying sonic unleashed. They asked the cashier if it's any good and he said they could save a dollar and get the used copy and return it in 7 days if they didn't like it. Just makes me realize how much a minority CAGs are in the the overall sales.

#72 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:49 PM

I'm always ruined on these coupons for several weeks at least after a b2g1 free. It seems like the further away from those sales you get the more crappy the coupons become, though that might just be me.

33126.png

#73 jdlmm80

jdlmm80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:51 PM

Picked up fight night round 4 and ufc undisputed with coupon for 38 a pop. Played both demos and knew I had to buy them.

#74 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:15 PM

NCAA 10 and Red Faction Guerrilla, nice. I just hope to find a Bigs 2 before Fri.

BTW, anyone else besides me feel like passing out these coupons to other people the store? I keep a bunch in my wallet and felt compelled to give it to a mother/daughter buying sonic unleashed. They asked the cashier if it's any good and he said they could save a dollar and get the used copy and return it in 7 days if they didn't like it. Just makes me realize how much a minority CAGs are in the the overall sales.

I completely agree. I never see anyone using these coupons yet I always see someone (usually a parent with a younger child) buying a used game for whichever system the coupon is for. It's like fate telling me I should help them out.
Posted Image

#75 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:30 AM

I picked up Skate 2 for 37$ and some change. Still trying to find a copy of Red faction before the end of the sale.

Kamagii.png

#76 fizzywix

fizzywix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:35 AM

Picked up Oblivion GOTY for 13.xx or something. The guy even switched the case I had for one he had just gotten in that was in better shape and didn't have stickers on it yet.

#77 Emomushie

Emomushie

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:26 AM

Picked up Dead Space for $20 with this coupon. Debated whether getting Xenosaga I and II for $8 a pop for the b2g1, but decided aganist it.

#78 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:42 AM

Just picked up Naruto 2 for Gamecube for $4 after Edge.

No real reason, just had some credit left to burn and for $4, why not?

I'll usually pick up any used deal of the week when it's $4, unless it's absolute trash.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#79 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:07 AM

Found red faction and infamous, picked up red faction for 37 had some credit, will wait for infamous to drop.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#80 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:22 AM

Should i pick up fight night round 4 or go with prototype and mirrors edge.

I'd say Prototype and Mirror's Edge; two games are better than one. Then again, I don't really like sports games either. So, take that suggestion with a grain of salt.
Posted Image

#81 Jesse757x

Jesse757x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:33 PM

Red faction is tagged 44.99 at a local store but online it says 54.99. Is it going to ring up as 44.99 or 54.99? Did they raise the price?

#82 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:11 AM

That's odd. My store has it at 54.99 too. Maybe you should pick it up while you can.

#83 DtotheP

DtotheP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:05 AM

I just got Blazblue LE for $35 ($49.99 used). Looked just as new as any of the gutted copies they sell. I'm happy now.

#84 morphineseason

morphineseason

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:11 AM

Shit...just noticed Street fighter IV for ps3 is $34.99. Must have just dropped. I've never taken in a coupon on the last day. Will the coupon still work tomorrow (7/23)?

#85 technole

technole

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:27 AM

Found red faction and infamous, picked up red faction for 37 had some credit, will wait for infamous to drop.

$40 is a good price for inFamous though well worth it. Plus it being a SCEA-published title you know it won't drop anytime soon. Heck look at Uncharted.

technole.png

#86 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:07 AM

Shit...just noticed Street fighter IV for ps3 is $34.99. Must have just dropped. I've never taken in a coupon on the last day. Will the coupon still work tomorrow (7/23)?

As a constant procrastinator myself, I can honestly say it will. ;)

#87 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:10 AM

Can you redeem the 20% off coupon online?
Posted Image

#88 morphineseason

morphineseason

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:14 AM

As a constant procrastinator myself, I can honestly say it will. ;)

Awesome. You made my night! Thanks.

#89 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:04 PM

Can you redeem the 20% off coupon online?

You...What....This isn't a serious question is it?
dont hate the player or the game just hate your salf

#90 awp

awp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:15 PM

Isn't this part of that $5-$15 off certain used games sale? If so, the coupon won't stack with that price.

EDIT: Sorry, got confused with Soul Calibur IV. Go for it!