GoGamer Madness - Cure For Summer Boredom

Holy shit! Lots of good stuff this week.

$6 Mirror's Edge, Prince of Persia, Mercenaries 2, and Shaun White Snowboarding, and MySims (stfu it's pretty fun if you like Animal Crossing) for PC!

The Day of Defeat: Source for $6 is also nice, but note that it's the European version. Would be careful about buying that, as it is a Steam game, and registering games from other regions is against the terms of use (and can get the games deactivated).

Also, Red Orchestra for $8 is a great game, if you're MAN ENOUGH FOR IT.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']
The Day of Defeat: Source for $6 is also nice, but note that it's the European version. Would be careful about buying that, as it is a Steam game, and registering games from other regions is against the terms of use (and can get the games deactivated).
[/QUOTE]

I doubt that Gogamer would knowingly sell something to US users that could result in a non-functional game.

[quote name='dcon agent 000']I doubt that Gogamer would knowingly sell something to US users that could result in a non-functional game.[/QUOTE]

I don't care what you doubt. It's already happened:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...out-user-accounts-for-incorrect-territory.ars

I don't know if Valve will deactivate a European copy of DOD:S from an American's account, but I do know for a fact that they deactivated Thai Orange Box keys from American accounts.

Again, I'm not sure if the restriction on European copies is the same as Thai copies. I'm just cautioning people that it is a possibility.

How is Day of Defeat for PC? Are the Steam servers still relatively busy? I imagine stuff like Team Fortress 2 has taken away most of it's players..

[quote name='Capitalizt']How is Day of Defeat for PC? Are the Steam servers still relatively busy? I imagine stuff like Team Fortress 2 has taken away most of it's players..[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much always among the top 10 most-played Steam games at any given moment. Even in the wee hours of the morning on weekdays, there are never fewer than two or three thousand players. In the afternoon, it's usually well above 5,000, and even more on the weekends.

It's plenty populated, don't worry. :)

I love pretty much any steam game. =)
151l1259.jpg

Decided to pick up SMT: Devil Survivor and Stormrise (wth right?) ...pretty good deal, especially for SMT: DS.

[quote name='THSkillet']quick question: do "Games for Windows" games have achievements?[/QUOTE]

There are tons of "Games for Windows" games but I believe only those labeled "Games for Windows - LIVE" have achievements. There are only a handful of GFWL PC games that I know of like Gears of War, Halo 2, Kane & Lynch, Shadowrun, Fallout 3, GTA IV, Dawn of War 2, etc.

Edit: Mother of fuck, beaten by a few seconds. I dungivafuk, I'm leaving this post up.

[quote name='THSkillet']quick question: do "Games for Windows" games have achievements?[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. Only Games for Windows Live-branded games have achievements. The list of Live-enabled games is pretty short; less than 30.

There's a list of Games for Windows titles on Wikipedia. Check it out, and look for titles that have a check mark in the "Live" column on the right-hand side; only the games with checks in this column have Live achievements. Link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_for_Windows_titles

[quote name='Xealot42']There are tons of "Games for Windows" games but I believe only those labeled "Games for Windows - LIVE" have achievements. There are only a handful of GFWL PC games that I know of like Gears of War, Halo 2, Kane & Lynch, Shadowrun, Fallout 3, GTA IV, Dawn of War 2, etc.[/QUOTE]

This is correct.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Also, Red Orchestra for $8 is a great game, if you're MAN ENOUGH FOR IT..[/QUOTE]

This is also correct.

Great sale from GoGamer

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']This is correct.[/QUOTE]

Hell yes.

To those of you who think you're man enough for Red Orchestra: you probably aren't. BUT BUY IT ANYWAY!

I want mirrors edge but i already played/beat/got all the achievements on the xbox 360. If this was games for windows and had the same achievements I could re beat and get that i could log on with my xbl i would so get this.

[quote name='s2k']I want mirrors edge but i already played/beat/got all the achievements on the xbox 360. If this was games for windows and had the same achievements I could re beat and get that i could log on with my xbl i would so get this.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about other GFWL games that have 360 counterparts (GTA4, UaW) But shadworun only let's you ever get 1 set of achievements between both console and PC.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I don't know about other GFWL games that have 360 counterparts (GTA4, UaW) But shadworun only let's you ever get 1 set of achievements between both console and PC.[/QUOTE]

I think that may only be for the games that have cross-platform play between the PC and 360. The only games that ever had cross-platform play were Shadowrun, Universe at War, and Lost Planet: Colonies Edition, so, I wouldn't worry about it.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I don't know about other GFWL games that have 360 counterparts (GTA4, UaW) But shadworun only let's you ever get 1 set of achievements between both console and PC.[/QUOTE]

Fallout 3 allows you to get achievements on both platforms.

Ordered Stormrise for 360 for 12.89 total shipped.

I know the reviews are horrible and I will regret it, but I wanted to play the game. For some reason, it interested me.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']I mirrors edge sold out? I keep adding it to my cart and nothing? Same with POP.[/QUOTE]
I had that issue as well; seems they don't handle cart refreshes well. Do a cache refresh (CTRL+F5) and they should appear.

Wish I used my pc more for games and wasn't a console junkie. Bought Mirror's Edge for 10 and prince of persia for 12, which were already good deals, and this is freaking half of those. Sweet prices, I'd pick up the controller + conan combo(what a funny bundle) if I had 30 bucks to spare =/

[quote name='Vortextk']Wish I used my pc more for games and wasn't a console junkie. Bought Mirror's Edge for 10 and prince of persia for 12, which were already good deals, and this is freaking half of those. Sweet prices, I'd pick up the controller + conan combo(what a funny bundle) if I had 30 bucks to spare =/[/QUOTE]

People often complain the price of keeping a PC gaming computer up to date, I figure I save as much on how cheap the games get.

Glad you guys like this Madness. Enjoy.

P.S. I fixed the pricing on the Controller w/ Conan bundle and the Street Fighter IV with Fightpad sku. Our guy missed these two last night. Little better prices now.

Jason

[quote name='Vortextk']Wish I used my pc more for games and wasn't a console junkie. Bought Mirror's Edge for 10 and prince of persia for 12, which were already good deals, and this is freaking half of those. Sweet prices, I'd pick up the controller + conan combo(what a funny bundle) if I had 30 bucks to spare =/[/QUOTE]

With shipping, Mirrors Edge comes out to be $8.80, so don't feel bad spending $10 on the console one.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']People often complain the price of keeping a PC gaming computer up to date, I figure I save as much on how cheap the games get.[/QUOTE]

Hear, Hear. I haven't bought a full price PC game since fallout 3 came out. Most of the games I've bought since have been Steam weekend deals. Well, I did pay full price for Plants vs Zombies. But that was only $10.

Picked up Mirror's Edge for $8.89 shipped. I was really interested in this game before it came out last Nov but in the end I wasn't sure if I'd like the trial and error gameplay I kept hearing about. Glad I waited since I'll definitely give it a shot at this price.

Some great deals there. Luckily I already have everything I want from that list. I have bought more than I can play from GoGamer recently. GoGamer rocks!

[quote name='Jodou']I had that issue as well; seems they don't handle cart refreshes well. Do a cache refresh (CTRL+F5) and they should appear.[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude!!

I got Mirriors Edge, and Prince of Persia shipped for $15.09.

Only $1.65 shipping per unit when you buy 2 games.

Hot price on Play NC 60 Day Cards also. I think I'm going to get the Time Cards also so I'm ready for Aion when it comes out.

[quote name='halomaster']I got Mirriors Edge, and Prince of Persia shipped for $15.09.

Only $1.65 shipping per unit when you buy 2 games.[/QUOTE]
Ditto, otherwise it wouldn't have been a better deal over the other prices we've seen this week. PoP barely eeks out Newegg by 35 cents (assuming you split the cost of shipping). If you only plan on getting PoP, Newegg is the better deal.

How good would you guys say the deal for the refurbished 360 is? I'm thinking of buying one for my friend and this looks like a pretty sweet deal. Anywhere else (other than ebay and craigslist) that sells the 60gb for around $200?

Hey guys,

Mirror's Edge was out of stock for a few moments but we got more so it's back in stock.

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if those headphones are any good? Also what about Warhammer : Fire Warrior?

Not to be negative , but if anyone was considering getting the Jake Hunter game , I would advise against it. The version on sale is a "gimped" version of the game. A revised version of the game was released a couple months ago with an improved translation and more chapters to play.

[quote name='TehLUEser']How good would you guys say the deal for the refurbished 360 is? I'm thinking of buying one for my friend and this looks like a pretty sweet deal. Anywhere else (other than ebay and craigslist) that sells the 60gb for around $200?[/QUOTE]

Gogamer refurb has 120 warranty, FedEx lable for defective replacements, and a HDMI imput. The XBOX with the 60GB HD and HDMI input are likely Falcon motherboards. Check to see if craiglist or ebay also has the same.

Picked up Mirror's Edge 5.90. Too bad I already order Prince of Persia from Newegg (overall about the same price.)

EndWar price is pretty tempting except the review for the PC version isn't that good :(

bread's done
Back