GoGamer Madness - Cure For Summer Boredom

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:41 AM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 thashadow911

thashadow911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:52 AM

I see some pretty sweet deals

#3 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:56 AM

Holy shit! Lots of good stuff this week.

$6 Mirror's Edge, Prince of Persia, Mercenaries 2, and Shaun White Snowboarding, and MySims (stfu it's pretty fun if you like Animal Crossing) for PC!

The Day of Defeat: Source for $6 is also nice, but note that it's the European version. Would be careful about buying that, as it is a Steam game, and registering games from other regions is against the terms of use (and can get the games deactivated).

Also, Red Orchestra for $8 is a great game, if you're MAN ENOUGH FOR IT.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:57 AM

oh wow. Those are some sweet deals.

#5 dcon agent 000

dcon agent 000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:18 AM

The Day of Defeat: Source for $6 is also nice, but note that it's the European version. Would be careful about buying that, as it is a Steam game, and registering games from other regions is against the terms of use (and can get the games deactivated).

I doubt that Gogamer would knowingly sell something to US users that could result in a non-functional game.

#6 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:28 AM

I doubt that Gogamer would knowingly sell something to US users that could result in a non-functional game.

I don't care what you doubt. It's already happened:
http://arstechnica.c...t-territory.ars

I don't know if Valve will deactivate a European copy of DOD:S from an American's account, but I do know for a fact that they deactivated Thai Orange Box keys from American accounts.

Again, I'm not sure if the restriction on European copies is the same as Thai copies. I'm just cautioning people that it is a possibility.
Hi...

Posted Image

#7 Capitalizt

Capitalizt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:30 AM

How is Day of Defeat for PC? Are the Steam servers still relatively busy? I imagine stuff like Team Fortress 2 has taken away most of it's players..

#8 Armor42

Armor42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:50 AM

A seriously awesome week for PC gamers

#9 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:52 AM

How is Day of Defeat for PC? Are the Steam servers still relatively busy? I imagine stuff like Team Fortress 2 has taken away most of it's players..

It's pretty much always among the top 10 most-played Steam games at any given moment. Even in the wee hours of the morning on weekdays, there are never fewer than two or three thousand players. In the afternoon, it's usually well above 5,000, and even more on the weekends.

It's plenty populated, don't worry. :)
Hi...

Posted Image

#10 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:16 AM

Picked up Mercs, POP, and Mirrors Edge for $24 shipped.
Space for Rent:lol:

#11 THSkillet

THSkillet

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:36 AM

quick question: do "Games for Windows" games have achievements?

#12 Kush

Kush

Pixelated Sausage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:44 AM

Decided to pick up SMT: Devil Survivor and Stormrise (wth right?) ...pretty good deal, especially for SMT: DS.

#13 Xealot42

Xealot42

Psi-Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:48 AM

There are tons of "Games for Windows" games but I believe only those labeled "Games for Windows - LIVE" have achievements. There are only a handful of GFWL PC games that I know of like Gears of War, Halo 2, Kane & Lynch, Shadowrun, Fallout 3, GTA IV, Dawn of War 2, etc.

#14 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:49 AM

Edit: Mother of Fuck, beaten by a few seconds. I dungivafuk, I'm leaving this post up.

Not necessarily. Only Games for Windows Live-branded games have achievements. The list of Live-enabled games is pretty short; less than 30.

There's a list of Games for Windows titles on Wikipedia. Check it out, and look for titles that have a check mark in the "Live" column on the right-hand side; only the games with checks in this column have Live achievements. Link:
http://en.wikipedia...._Windows_titles
Hi...

Posted Image

#15 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:51 AM

There are tons of "Games for Windows" games but I believe only those labeled "Games for Windows - LIVE" have achievements. There are only a handful of GFWL PC games that I know of like Gears of War, Halo 2, Kane & Lynch, Shadowrun, Fallout 3, GTA IV, Dawn of War 2, etc.

This is correct.

Also, Red Orchestra for $8 is a great game, if you're MAN ENOUGH FOR IT..

This is also correct.

Great sale from GoGamer

#16 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:53 AM

This is correct.

Hell yes.

To those of you who think you're man enough for Red Orchestra: you probably aren't. BUT BUY IT ANYWAY!
Hi...

Posted Image

#17 Capitalizt

Capitalizt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:56 AM

Got Day of Defeat: Source + Mirror's Edge for $15 shipped...crazy.

#18 s2k

s2k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:14 PM

I want mirrors edge but i already played/beat/got all the achievements on the xbox 360. If this was games for windows and had the same achievements I could re beat and get that i could log on with my xbl i would so get this.

#19 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:30 PM

I want mirrors edge but i already played/beat/got all the achievements on the xbox 360. If this was games for windows and had the same achievements I could re beat and get that i could log on with my xbl i would so get this.

I don't know about other GFWL games that have 360 counterparts (GTA4, UaW) But shadworun only let's you ever get 1 set of achievements between both console and PC.

#20 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:38 PM

I don't know about other GFWL games that have 360 counterparts (GTA4, UaW) But shadworun only let's you ever get 1 set of achievements between both console and PC.

I think that may only be for the games that have cross-platform play between the PC and 360. The only games that ever had cross-platform play were Shadowrun, Universe at War, and Lost Planet: Colonies Edition, so, I wouldn't worry about it.
Hi...

Posted Image

#21 Toohumanlive

Toohumanlive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:39 PM

Fallout 3 allows you to get achievements on both platforms.

#22 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:51 PM

If the PC version of Fuel keeps dropping this fast, it'll be in the $5 group in no time.

Great sale on a lot of those games.

#23 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:53 PM

HA! I knew holding off on ME and PoP would pay off. Can't beat $6 each.

#24 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:58 PM

Ordered Stormrise for 360 for 12.89 total shipped.

I know the reviews are horrible and I will regret it, but I wanted to play the game. For some reason, it interested me.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#25 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:11 PM

COD4 GOY edition $25 and mirriors edge $5.90. Yes please!!!! Boy that's games 11 and 12 in July.

#26 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:05 PM

I mirrors edge sold out? I keep adding it to my cart and nothing? Same with POP.

#27 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:09 PM

I mirrors edge sold out? I keep adding it to my cart and nothing? Same with POP.

I had that issue as well; seems they don't handle cart refreshes well. Do a cache refresh (CTRL+F5) and they should appear.

#28 Free2game

Free2game

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:14 PM

Great deal, picked up Mirror's Edge and Prince Of Persia for $17 shipped

#29 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:31 PM

That PlayNC game card is great for people planning on playing Aion. Stock up.

#30 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:42 PM

Wish I used my pc more for games and wasn't a console junkie. Bought Mirror's Edge for 10 and prince of persia for 12, which were already good deals, and this is freaking half of those. Sweet prices, I'd pick up the controller + conan combo(what a funny bundle) if I had 30 bucks to spare =/