CAGCAA - NCAA 10 Dynasty - 2011 Season - Week 19 Deadline: 6/28

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Hey guys. It's time to start up a new online dynasty in NCAA Football 10 for those of you that bought the game this year.

CAGCAA Week 5 Top 25 Coaches Poll

1. Georgia Tech (S3anAmI) - 3-0 - 36 1st Place Votes
2. Ohio State (FriskyTanuki) - 4-0 - 21 1st Place Votes
3. Texas (Frankysox) - 4-0 - 2 1st Place Votes
4. North Carolina - 4-0 - 1 1st Place Votes
5. LSU (DarkTower80) - 4-0
6. Oregon - 4-1
7. Cal - 2-1
8. South Florida (moonknight25) - 3-1
9. Virginia Tech - 3-1
10. Oklahoma - 2-1
11. Miami - 4-0
12. Nebraska - 3-1
13. Florida (Ultimate Matt X) - 2-2
14. Rutgers - 4-1
15. Michigan - 4-0
16. Boise State - 3-1
17. Cincinnati - 2-2West Virginia - 1-2
18. NC State - 3-1
19. Northwestern - 4-0
20. Alabama - 2-2
21. Clemson - 3-0
22. Penn State - 4-0
23. Illinois - 3-1
24. Notre Dame - 2-3
25. Virginia 4-0

Unranked
NR. Michigan State (XXXplosive1) - 2-3

Week 6 Schedule

Georgia Tech (S3anAmI) at Miami
South Florida (JustnCredible29) at Rutgers
Notre Dame at Michigan State (XXXplosive1)
Cal at Texas (Frankysox)
Florida (Ultimate Matt X) at LSU (DarkTower80)
Ohio State (FriskyTanuki) at USC

Byes: N/A

2011 Heisman Watch

1. Anthony Lewis - HB - South Florida
2. Derrick Morgan - LE - Georgia Tech
3. Jake Stoneburner - TE - Ohio State
4. Darron Thomas - QB - Oregon
5. Kellen Moore - QB - Boise State

Restarts (any games that you restart in without letting me know of an issue that you had will be listed here)

EA's Online Dynasty Tutorials
Creating an Online Dynasty Part 1: http://easports.com/downloads/easpor...neDynasty1.pdf
Creating an Online Dynasty Part 2: http://easports.com/downloads/easpor...neDynasty2.pdf
Dynasty Headquarters: http://easports.com/downloads/easpor...adquarters.pdf
Running an Online Dynasty: http://easports.com/downloads/easpor...yAsCommiss.pdf
Playing the Dynasty as a Non-Commissioner: http://easports.com/downloads/easpor...sANonComis.pdf

Other necessary information:

• Six minute quarters
  • All-American difficulty
  • No FCS games in non-conference play
  • Missing two games/weeks in a row will get you kicked from the dynasty
You will need to be able to play your games and not just forget about them easily. You must also be on CAG with an actual account so you can post here to communicate with everyone else. As for how the league will work, I'll give a week total to play your game and do your recruiting for the week, but if we all get our stuff done quickly, we'll advance to the next week ASAP. If you have any suggestions for the dynasty, please post them here and we can go from there. Feel free to ask questions if you have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I say we do custom because the odds of two users playing in the title game is prob slim anyway. Last year Arch played his ass off and still got jobbed out of the title game. I also can't see many peeps wanting Big East teams lol. Either way I can't wait till we start and of course I want my Usf Bulls ;)

BigAT4/Rutgers

Not sure which option would work better. I think the chances of someone getting to the NC game are pretty slim either way, so that might be irrelevant.

(I think you're missing a couple sentences at the end of the Dual Conference description)

I like the dual conference option however I think it will be hard to get everyone to decide on just two conferences.

Gamertag-Frankysox

Team Choices:
Big 12/ TEXAS
SEC/LSU

I'll be very excited to start a dynasty on this game once rosters come out.

Can we make multiple custom conferences? I'd guess not, but that would be a little of both options. Personally, I think I'm more for custom conferences, but it would probably limit our national champ chances.

We've got our named rosters now, thanks to pastapadre's post on his site and the original creator, which I think is lanteri87, so we should be good to go now. If you want them, you can just search for my gamertag, CrashSpyro, and grab them there for the easy way to do that. That just leaves us with some more spots to fill, which I think is just six at the moment. I hope to get this dynasty going by this upcoming weekend.

UMX - We could do it that way, though that could depend upon the selection of teams that we have. My proposed plan already has a split for divisions with a split conference, so if there's more variety in teams, we could go with your idea if the others like that idea.

Note to the people voting: You do need to post here, as voting without posting in here is worthless since I want to know that you actually want in.

Okay well whatever works for me. I just gotta figure out a team. I can't use my custom Cleveland State and I know I'll get my ass kicked if I use Ohio U. I suppose that is part of the reason I like custom conferences or multiple ones, it'll give me more team possibilities. Though I suppose the Big Ten and the SEC or something would be good enough too.

Also, will there be a way for all of us individually to get the roster import file to put into Madden? I wouldn't mind keeping conferences realistic so I can import the information into Madden if we don't go the custom route. Though I guess I can just simulate a single player dynasty for the draft classes.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Also, will there be a way for all of us individually to get the roster import file to put into Madden? I wouldn't mind keeping conferences realistic so I can import the information into Madden if we don't go the custom route. Though I guess I can just simulate a single player dynasty for the draft classes.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, there should be a way for anyone in the dynasty to save their own offline copy of the dynasty at any point in the season. So you could easily do that during the first week of the off-season or the week of the National Championship game and then fast forward to the part where you can export the draft class to a save file for Madden. That probably wouldn't happen realistically until a few months after Madden comes out, so a simmed dynasty would probably be best for you if you want it to be a bit more timely.

I'm a little surprised there aren't more people in on this. Is 12 the minimum you're looking for to get this started? Also hopefully the patch is out before we start I can't understand why it's been out so long for the PS3 and the 360 owners still don't have it.

[quote name='FrankySox']I'm a little surprised there aren't more people in on this. Is 12 the minimum you're looking for to get this started? Also hopefully the patch is out before we start I can't understand why it's been out so long for the PS3 and the 360 owners still don't have it.[/QUOTE]
Twelve's the max, so I'd like to see a full crew to start.

I've got the list of everyone that's already signed up in the OP, though Ultimate Matt X needs to make his team's choice. I'm thinking that we'll go the custom conference route now, so it's a matter of whether we take over a conference with divisions or split up between two separate conferences.

[quote name='BigAT']Apparently the patch is supposed to be out late tonight.[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome, although I'm not sure it will have any affect on our dynasty unless we are changing the sliders.

Im in. I think duel conferences would be the best, using maybe the sec and big ten or big 12.

If we go custom, ill take pittsburgh.

GT: neworlbush25.

Going to target to pick this up now :)

Hey Crash,
I downloaded rosters from your locker and noticed that Missouri and I think there was another team didn't have names. Then I downloaded from Lanteri87's locker and noticed they were named. Not sure if this was just a random glitch or what. But you might want to check and make sure Missouri is named on yours.

Okay, also I've noticed there is a roster project over at OS that they are putting together. I guess it'll be done sometime tonight or early tomorrow but here are their fixes:
"Please remember that these changes include names, numbers (when you can make the changes due to double numbers), home states (some may have hometowns, but not all), equipment, skin color, etc. And therefore take a bit longer.

Also, included should be the most recent roster changes, change of positions, and incoming freshman."

So maybe we could look into using these if they are better since we haven't started yet? I guess they'll be updating the first post once they are finished, I personally have been waiting for these to start my own. Not sure if this is of interest to anyone but here's a link to the thread

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-rosters/336526-community-rosters-update.html

I just checked the rosters and Missouri is fine. I'm not sure what the issue was, so I just deleted whatever was up there and re-uploaded it. Try it again and let me know if that is still there.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I just checked the rosters and Missouri is fine. I'm not sure what the issue was, so I just deleted whatever was up there and re-uploaded it. Try it again and let me know if that is still there.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to switch to the other rosters, they are light years better (ccaarrssoonn3). I think there just must've been a glitch or something when I loaded yours up but they are fine now.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Did they actually finish it this time? I downloaded it before when they said it was done and there were a bunch of unfinished teams.[/QUOTE]

Well the ones I have there are just a few players on Miami of Ohio and Toledo that need named. I guess they said it will be completely finished in an hour or so. I'm a Big12 guy and they look pretty damned good to me. I'm not sure maybe you could compare Lanteri87 to these on a team your familiar with but I think they are pretty damned good.

EDIT: 15 minutes until they post them. The thread is loading slow as hell because there is a shit load of traffic on it. I'll post the official Gamertag here when they have it.

If it's that good, then do post when it's officially complete and I'll check it out to see if we should use it.

We've got two spots open, unless you are saying you want in, Ace, so I'm hoping to get this ready to go by the weekend. Also, Ultimate Matt X, you actually need to make a pick for what team you want.

Okay, the rosters are up here is the tags you can DL them from

THE MASSACRE771
CcAaRrSsOoNn3
GEAUXLDEN
nsuplaya84

Also is anyone using a new set of sliders since the patch came out? I'm looking for a set that offers a better pass rush.

Frisky, I posted before, but you must of skipped over it. Im interested in playing.
Gamertag:S3anami
Team: Georgia Tech

That gives us a full crew, though we just need a team from Ultimate Matt X so we can move ahead. I'll check out the rosters Franky suggested and update this post on whether we'll use them or not.

What teams do you guys recommend? The reason I haven't picked is because I typically like to use schools I've went to (like Ohio U) and I know I'll get blown away if I use them in a league.

Hey there Frisky,

Thanks again for putting this together. Any chance we can have strict rules on restarts? I've quit 2 dynasties already because other guys will lose to the computer and then restart their game before it finishes. That is so lame. The computer is tougher this year so if you can't handle a loss then why even play. Just wanted to see what you thought about that.

Seriously, that's ridiculous. I would be in favor of giving someone the boot after one disconnect against the CPU. It's not keep playing until you manage to scrap out a win against the computer, there shouldn't be a do over button.

It's one thing if you're playing against someone else online and there are bound to be the occasional connection issue, but there's absolutely no reason for it against the CPU.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']What teams do you guys recommend? The reason I haven't picked is because I typically like to use schools I've went to (like Ohio U) and I know I'll get blown away if I use them in a league.[/QUOTE]
Do you like any of the bigger schools? There are still plenty of teams available, like Florida, Oklahoma, Alabama, Penn State, Georgia, Virginia Tech, etc., that you have to choose from.

As for the restart issue: I don't think I'll institute a policy where there's no leniency on restarts because freezing, power outages, system issues, etc. can happen and I don't want to be that harsh, but I will not allow more than one restart for a game unless there's a legit excuse. I'll have to see if there's an option to limit them in the dynasty options, but I don't think there was one last year.

I appreciate that there are freak occurances. Power outages, the occasional system freeze. But if it happens more than once in a season I would be extremely suspicious about it.

I was in an online dynasty last year and managed to get through 4 seasons or so without ever having to restart against the computer.

How about I keep a list of everyone's number of restarts in the OP as a way to keep you guys honest so we know who has done it?

I've got the dynasty finally created and is ready to go. Just load up your games, go to career modes > online dynasty > view dynasty invites and you should see one for the dynasty right there. There might be two, unless it deleted the first, as I borked the first dynasty when I forgot to load the right rosters before setting everything up. That's all been corrected now.

We took over the SEC with both of their division allowing us a set-up. I moved the displaced teams to similar conferences where they would fit along with any other movements to fill holes made by some of the departed teams.

I'd like everyone to get on this weekend and set-up your redshirts, initial recruiting, and then your depth chart so I can get us to the first week by Monday. I'll be revamping the OP and fixing up the schedules, where needed. I'll post the changes I made to schedules when I finish that. Let's get this thing kicked off right. If there's a rivalry you'd like to keep going for your team, let me know and I'll try to work it in to your schedule.

bread's done
Back