Photo
- - - - -

CAGCAA - NCAA 10 Dynasty - 2011 Season - Week 19 Deadline: 6/28

• Please log in to reply
897 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you want teams to be organized in this online dynasty?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

How do you want teams to be organized in this online dynasty?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:30 AM

There aren't any opening right now, but I'll keep you in mind for now.

Edit: The invite should have been sent by now, neworlbush.

#92 johnmstewart

johnmstewart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:49 AM

good deal.

Looks like we might get to next week tomorrow.

I will check my schedule and see when I can play my opponent.

Did we ever come up with specific rules for user gameplay? Like no manual movements, no blitzing every play, stuff like that?
Click the Picture to see My TradeList!

Posted Image

#93 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:33 AM

good deal.

Looks like we might get to next week tomorrow.

I will check my schedule and see when I can play my opponent.

Did we ever come up with specific rules for user gameplay? Like no manual movements, no blitzing every play, stuff like that?

If I'm not mistaken, I think I'm playing you tomorrow if we advance by then.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#94 neworlbush25

neworlbush25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:17 PM

Signed up, played my game and finished my recruiting.

We can move on

#95 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:09 PM

Week 1 Recap:

Texas' win over Virginia Tech pushed them up a spot to the #2 ranking behind Florida to give them early momentum towards the BCS National Championship race. An unusual loss this early in the season by Boise State to Oregon also caused their drop to the last half of the Top 25. BYU got lucky to only drop to the #22 spot while Florida State and Kansas dropped out of the Top 25 entirely after their opening season losses, which allowed Rutgers and South Florida to make their first appearances in the Top 25 for week 2.

Though the first week didn't change the Heisman Watch at all, Oklahoma's Sam Bradford (300 total yards & 4 TDs) and Cal's Jahvid Best (200 total yards & 2 TDs) having the best performances of the week.

This week's SEC Players of the Week awards go to Iowa's Jewel Hampton on Offense, who ran for nearly 300 yards and three TDs to be Louisiana Tech, and Georgia Tech's Derrick Morgan on Defense, with seven tackles and five sacks.

This week's schedule features a lot of big games. The first is the early rendition of the biggest rivalry in sports, Michigan vs. Ohio State, and Ohio State aims to extend their unprecendented winning streak to six games with a big win at home. The SEC conference schedule starts to get into full effect as Notre Dame visits Iowa, Rutgers takes a trip to Lansing to take on Michigan State, and Miami tries to break into the Top 25 with a huge win over LSU.

Here's the full schedule for this week:

Georgia Tech (S3anAmI) at Vanderbilt Lee Kirk
Kirk Boston College at Florida (Ultimate Matt X) Lee
Kirk Notre Dame (Regian) at Iowa (neworlbush25) Lee
Rutgers (BigAT4) at Michigan State (XXXplosive1) Lee Kirk
Kirk Arizona at Texas (Frankysox) Lee
Kirk Michigan at Ohio State (FriskyTanuki) Lee
Kirk Miami (HeadShotKillaz) at LSU (Doomtime) Lee

Byes: USC (ShadyMarino), South Florida (JustnCredible29)

I'm not sure what they did to the AI for Lee and Kirk's choices, but Kirk went winless last week and doesn't look so good this week while Lee won nine games and has some strong picks for this week.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 04 August 2009 - 12:58 AM.

#96 johnmstewart

johnmstewart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:17 PM

Doomtime...let me know whats good for you

Posted Image

#97 johnmstewart

johnmstewart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:59 AM

thought this years league was going to be different.

I cant deal with rolling QBs every play...

Frisky,

Once you create a league with rules, send me an invite.

So Da U is open for business.

Posted Image

#98 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:05 AM

Frisky,

Rolling every play? What are you talking about? I had probably a 65/45 % run pass offense for that game. And when you put pressure on the QB, I moved simple as that. Why didn't you blitz the other side then? Play some D. Ridiculous man.

Edited by Doomtime, 04 August 2009 - 04:34 PM.

#99 moonknight25

moonknight25

Simply Incredible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:24 AM

Use a qb spy type defense and target the qb with that new target feature. Running the ball 65% is a good mix imo. I haven't played either one of you guys so I'm not taking sides, but I wouldn't quit the league , Ace over this. Rolling out isn't cheap imo, I rollout with Grothe some myself...not really to run (he gets hurt a lot lol) but to run a version of the usf/mich/wvu spread.

Posted Image

#100 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:32 AM

Use a qb spy type defense and target the qb with that new target feature. Running the ball 65% is a good mix imo. I haven't played either one of you guys so I'm not taking sides, but I wouldn't quit the league , Ace over this. Rolling out isn't cheap imo, I rollout with Grothe some myself...not really to run (he gets hurt a lot lol) but to run a version of the usf/mich/wvu spread.

I didn't even scramble the whole game. I scrambled once for 6 yards and that's it. I was handing the ball off to Scott for most of the game and I punted on every 4th down. What more does this guy want?

#101 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:52 PM

Yeah I couldn't care less if you roll out, especially when the super pass rush comes (though it is non-existent sometimes too). Now rolling out and running with the QB nonstop sucks, but this doesn't seem the case here. I was looking at QB stats and it didn't seem anyone averaged more than 5 yards running when I saw some of the top player stats from the user teams.

On another note, I finally got my offense going a little this week. Still threw some dumb picks though. I didn't allow an offensive touchdown which was nice too.

#102 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:44 PM

I can't check stats on the game to get an idea of what happened until the week is over, but Ace already quit, so there's no use in trying to convince him to stay. I only really ask that people play fairly and respectfully in this league since I don't really expect anybody here to be the ruthless cheaters/glitchers that tend to inhabit the online competition.

#103 BigAT

BigAT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:16 PM

XXXplosive, when are you available to get our game in?

#104 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:45 AM

Frisky,

Wouldn't the simple solution be to use a QB Spy?

Plus, playing as a pocket QB doesn't seem really to take you that far this year, IMO. I try to move a bit myself.
Posted Image

Posted Image

The Late Shift:
I have a radio show. A real radio show. Listen, won't you?
Mondays from 10PM to Midnight CST at WVLP.org!
Click here for the show's Facebook page!

[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#105 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:34 AM

Seems that me and my opponent are unable to connect to each other. We're trying to work it out. But I dunno.
Posted Image

Posted Image

The Late Shift:

#106 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:35 AM

Wouldn't the simple solution be to use a QB Spy?

Plus, playing as a pocket QB doesn't seem really to take you that far this year, IMO. I try to move a bit myself.

Yep. And he didn't play it once. He used the same defensive package the whole game except when i was inside the 10.

#107 FrankySox

FrankySox

4 more than Lebron

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:33 PM

Rolling every play? What are you talking about? I had probably a 65/45 % run pass offense for that game. And when you put pressure on the QB, I moved simple as that. Why didn't you blitz the other side then? Play some D. Ridiculous man.

DIdn't you get mad and quit last year after one game because there weren't any rules?
CAREER STATS: 521 HR, .301 BA, .419 OBP, 2 MVPs, 0 STEROIDS
Posted Image Posted Image

#108 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:09 PM

DIdn't you get mad and quit last year after one game because there weren't any rules?

No, I wasn't even on the boards last year. This is my first year in any league.

#109 moonknight25

moonknight25

Simply Incredible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:25 PM

I think Ace was the one who quit last year....i think it was because he didn't like how we played once a week.....

Edit;

Actually, it was the same reason....i went back and read last years season thread. He played slickkill and was pissed that he was down 5 and slick didn't throw the ball to give Ace a chance for a pick 6. Mind you slick ran the ball 5 straight times to finish the game and happened to score a td. Ace felt that was running up the score ad promptly quit the league LOL.

Franky's Quote

LOL? This sounds strange, and this league seemed to be going so well. I'd like to hear what this skillkill dude was doing, but maybe he was trying to score again to give you a chance to pick it off or something. Would you rather him just kneel the ball down? I don't know I'm not taking sides I'd just like to hear what happened.

Quote by Ace

"this was just the icing on the cake...I dont mind losing...I am not the greatest player of all time...but with the clock still running, I have no timeouts. He is up by 5 already...so I am just letting it ride...and he just keeps running...wont be any pick six when there is a run...and I have only fumbled once ever in this game...so I know thats almost impossible."

"I would rather talk to Frisky before I say anything else. Because the stuff he does, might be stuff other people do in the league. I got into the league for a realistic simulation of a game...and my other leagues run that way. I dont want to tell everything he does, unless he would like me to or if Frisky wants me to.

Anyway. If we meet in the ACC Championship, I will not play that game either...so sim away"

Edited by moonknight25, 06 August 2009 - 05:50 PM.

Posted Image

#110 BigAT

BigAT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:10 PM

Wow...good riddance I guess.

#111 FrankySox

FrankySox

4 more than Lebron

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:17 PM

No, I wasn't even on the boards last year. This is my first year in any league.

Yeah Doomtime I meant Ace. I wasn't trying to start a fight or anything but this is exactly what happened last year after a game or so.

Oh well I'm ready for week 3. Also I don't think my first user game is until Week 4 against the TROJANS...gasp
CAREER STATS: 521 HR, .301 BA, .419 OBP, 2 MVPs, 0 STEROIDS
Posted Image Posted Image

#112 munch

munch

la tĂȘte de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:44 PM

I think Ace was the one who quit last year....i think it was because he didn't like how we played once a week.....

Edit;

Actually, it was the same reason....i went back and read last years season thread. He played slickkill and was pissed that he was down 5 and slick didn't throw the ball to give Ace a chance for a pick 6. Mind you slick ran the ball 5 straight times to finish the game and happened to score a td. Ace felt that was running up the score ad promptly quit the league LOL.

Franky's Quote

LOL? This sounds strange, and this league seemed to be going so well. I'd like to hear what this skillkill dude was doing, but maybe he was trying to score again to give you a chance to pick it off or something. Would you rather him just kneel the ball down? I don't know I'm not taking sides I'd just like to hear what happened.

Quote by Ace

"this was just the icing on the cake...I dont mind losing...I am not the greatest player of all time...but with the clock still running, I have no timeouts. He is up by 5 already...so I am just letting it ride...and he just keeps running...wont be any pick six when there is a run...and I have only fumbled once ever in this game...so I know thats almost impossible."

"I would rather talk to Frisky before I say anything else. Because the stuff he does, might be stuff other people do in the league. I got into the league for a realistic simulation of a game...and my other leagues run that way. I dont want to tell everything he does, unless he would like me to or if Frisky wants me to.

Anyway. If we meet in the ACC Championship, I will not play that game either...so sim away"

That's pretty funny. What a douche.

#113 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:50 PM

Those are some weird rules that I'm supposed to put in place:

1. No rolling out, not even once.
2. No running plays when you're in the lead, just lame duck passes so your opponent can have a chance at a pick six.

#114 BigAT

BigAT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:01 PM

2. No running plays when you're in the lead, just lame duck passes so your opponent can have a chance at a pick six.

You guys just don't understand. He plays for a realistic simulation in which coaches don't run it with the ball and the lead and the opposing team out of timeouts.

#115 neworlbush25

neworlbush25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:27 PM

You guys just don't understand. He plays for a realistic simulation in which coaches don't run it with the ball and the lead and the opposing team out of timeouts.

Hahahahahaa

#116 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:02 PM

So are we gonna replace Ace with someone else now?

#117 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:03 PM

Yeah Doomtime I meant Ace. I wasn't trying to start a fight or anything but this is exactly what happened last year after a game or so.

Oh well I'm ready for week 3. Also I don't think my first user game is until Week 4 against the TROJANS...gasp

No problem man. It happens.

But yeah I was talking to the guy for 5 minutes before the game and he seemed pretty cool. Now when I play I usually don't talk to my opponent so I played while in a party. After the game, left the party to tell him good game and he said "That's garbage. This definitely ain't the league for me. " Then he bounced.

#118 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:48 PM

Finally got my game in, which was a nice beating for Michigan as they couldn't stop my offense in the red zone.

Regian/neworlbush25 is the last game, so I'd appreciate if you guys could possibly try once more to see if you can connect and get your game in by tomorrow or I can just move along to the next week then.

#119 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:56 AM

Ah yes. I remember that saga

Formerly known as slickkill77

#120 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:47 PM

Had a bachelor party last night, so I'm going to try and get this game in today, Frisky.

If we can't, what happens? Does it just get simmed or something?
Posted Image

Posted Image

The Late Shift: