RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
It's Official!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/11/adhocparty-for-psp-available-soon/

_____

adhocparty580.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/07/17/adhoc-party-finally-coming-to-north-america/

as predicted a while ago in the Phantasy Star Portable threads as well as the Monster Hunter threads, Sony has a strong chance of releasing a US version of AdHoc Party.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
adhocparty580.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/07/17/adhoc-party-finally-coming-to-north-america/

as predicted a while ago in the Phantasy Star Portable threads as well as the Monster Hunter threads, Sony has a strong chance of releasing a US version of AdHoc Party.[/QUOTE]

I'm excited as Valkyria Chronicles 2 will support AdHoc play, but does it have to go through the PS3? I'd hate to have to keep the Beast going just so I could play my PSP online -- seems like a big waste o' energy.

I would definitely say a 2009 release would be very nice. I use the japanese one right now, but i'd be nice to know exactly how to use everything in english :(

Yeah, especially you are a MHM fan!

It is a pain to get PSP online without wireless. I had to download PSP update manually and install it to play Holy batman rofl

For those who use the Japanese ad-hoc party:
Can two PSPs link up through one PS3?

My wife and I both play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on our PSPs, and while local is great for the two of us, and when we can get others involved (Strell, Sl4in you know who you are), Ad-hoc part is something we are interested in, but doubtful that it will accomodate us both.

[quote name='Kreutz']For those who use the Japanese ad-hoc party:
Can two PSPs link up through one PS3?

My wife and I both play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on our PSPs, and while local is great for the two of us, and when we can get others involved (Strell, Sl4in you know who you are), Ad-hoc part is something we are interested in, but doubtful that it will accomodate us both.[/QUOTE]

Actually me and my wife got on last Sunday and were able to both play together online with 2 other people and it worked great. I highly recommend setting up your PS3 using the Japanese ad-hoc party until the U.S. version comes out. It's pretty easy and the guide in the OP is very useful.

BTW, whereabout in Tx are you guys? It'd be great to have some other local MH players to group up with.

Rock on. I wasn't sure if it'd work, but after talking about it with a friend we came to the conclusion that one PSP might link through Ad-hoc party and the other just through a local connection.

Anyways, did both you and your wife use a headset to talk to the other people you played with? Perhaps I will go find that tutorial for signing up for the Japanese Ad-Hoc party.

We are in College Station, BTW.

I've never used a headset while playing MH, just been using the controller although I've been thinking of at least connecting a k/b and mouse. I've played w/ people using and headset and it seems to work fine though so there shouldn't be any problems with that. We're just north of Dallas so yea, we'll just go with ad-hoc if you decide to get it set up.

This is the link that I used that was really helpful for getting the Japanese ad-hoc set up:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster...14675745/Official_AdHoc_Party_Tutorial_Thread

been using ad hoc party for a while, pretty good. hard as hell to get the guild cards to exchange though. wher eare you located neckfurters. I'm in austin.

I hear though exchanging guild cards is even wonky in local play so dont think it's online only. I thought so as well, but then started talking to some guy I was playing with who played local and said its the same.

Is there no way around the Wifi error? The tutorial neckfurter's posted claims that the PS3 must be plugged into one's internet through a cable, rather than wireless access. This is incredibly inconvenient, to the point where it might not be worth my time to get ad-hoc party even. Rant follows...
My video game systems are in a second bedroom along with my LCD tvs. My living room is where my cable modem and wireless router are, but my living room is also home to my iguana, 4 parakeets, and quaker parrot. The birds create a lot of dust, and thus I refuse to keep any sensitive electronics in the living room (ha ha Wii... you're not valuable enough to be in the clean room...) Furthermore, my entertainment room does not have a working cable outlet, so I cannot move my router and modem upstairs. Thus, in order to plug in, I would need at least 75 feet of network cable...

All the MH rooms seem to be in world J with rooms anywhere from around 46-56. You just have to coordinate with people to meet in one of those rooms, but I haven't seen a cag room. I think Rolento set up a MH meet up thread to set a room up, but it's not like in the same place or anything.

I hope you get it to work Kreutz, but 75 feet of cord!? Yea, that does sound like a pain in the arse.

Hone, I'm in Plano. I'll send you a friend request when I'm done w/ work. What HR are you? I'm at 4, but I've stopped trying to rank up until I finish all the elder's quests first.

I think the word you're looking for is "imminent" meaning "it's going to happen" or "it's coming any day now" (essentially, though not exactly).

Just for information's sake.

Don't own a PSP yet but I will when the Go comes out, and I'm really glad Ad Hoc Party is coming out before then because I was already looking into xlink kai in order to replicate this ability since Ad Hoc Party was only available in Japan.

[quote name='Kreutz']Is there no way around the Wifi error? The tutorial neckfurter's posted claims that the PS3 must be plugged into one's internet through a cable, rather than wireless access. This is incredibly inconvenient, to the point where it might not be worth my time to get ad-hoc party even. Rant follows...
My video game systems are in a second bedroom along with my LCD tvs. My living room is where my cable modem and wireless router are, but my living room is also home to my iguana, 4 parakeets, and quaker parrot. The birds create a lot of dust, and thus I refuse to keep any sensitive electronics in the living room (ha ha Wii... you're not valuable enough to be in the clean room...) Furthermore, my entertainment room does not have a working cable outlet, so I cannot move my router and modem upstairs. Thus, in order to plug in, I would need at least 75 feet of network cable...
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if this helps you or not, but I also don't have a traditional wired connection to my PS3. My computer, and thus my modem and router, are a floor (and several rooms) away from my PS3. I have, however, found that with the right setup, I can still use my wired connection on the PS3. The setup does require two routers however. It is called a WDS (Wireless Distribution Service)

Technical details follow:
From DD-WRT website: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WDS_Linked_router_network

My less technical explanation of the functionality, but not the nitty-gritty of setting it up:
I run DD-WRT (third party firmware) on my two routers at home. One router is connected to my modem, and to my desktop PC--this is the "Distributer". The other router is in the basement bedroom, where it is connected wirelessly to the Distributer. This router we'll call the "Receiver". Essentially, a router takes its WAN connection from a modem through its WAN port, and puts it through the antennae and its (usually 4) LAN ports. The Receiver, in this case, takes its WAN connection over its antennae, rather than the WAN port. It then distributes this connection across its 4 LAN ports, just like the Distributer does. Thus, it's like expanding your wired connection to 4 other Ethernet ports.

This is crucial for me, since my router has directional antennae, and can be placed anywhere within a single room to optimize the connection. I currently have mine hooked up to two devices in the bedroom without wireless (a networked storage device and a Slingbox) as well as my PS3 and my Laptop. Either of these could use their wireless connections but I find slightly better throughput using the router due to the more powerful signal strength (from positioning the router and antennae properly).

One important note is that you technically can use a second router as a repeater as well, thus extending the wireless range (dumbed down terms: bouncing the signal off of this router to add distance) but this will cost you half of your speed. Most people won't have a problem with this, due to internet speed being the limiting factor, but when sharing files on a local network it can still slow traffic down.

u can get a router that supports dd-wrt and have that router act as a repeater bridge

Repeater_Bridge.jpg

[quote name='sky03']u can get a router that supports dd-wrt and have that router act as a repeater bridge

Repeater_Bridge.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Haha yep, that's pretty much what I was going for. Though you have to be careful if you use the second one as a "repeater bridge". Wireless clients in that situation will have half the maximum bandwidth. Again, for INTERNET purposes that should be fine. (even older 802.11g routers operate at 54Mbps+, and most internet speeds won't top out past 10-20Mbps, well under 50%) But if you want to share locally, you will see reduction in performance in these situations.

So while my second router isn't a REPEATER, that's otherwise the same setup I have, which works extremely well in my opinion. It's definitely not perfect, but it works great considering I have 2 wired-only connections in my room away from the primary router...

thats how i have my network set up at my house
the computers that are on the repeater bridge gets around 25Mbps while transfering a file on wireless G (about right for wireless G)
its good for transfering small files and internet so thats not a problem
but for large files u will want a external hdd

but anyways... this set up is great if u have somethin that is not wireless or if u want to use adhoc party on ur ps3 while still being wireless

Any update on this? Now that I have a PS3, I can actually use it :) And considering F1 2009 has so far been confirmed to only have an Ad-Hoc mode, this would be perfect.

[quote name='SynGamer']Any update on this? Now that I have a PS3, I can actually use it :) And considering F1 2009 has so far been confirmed to only have an Ad-Hoc mode, this would be perfect.[/QUOTE]

Well, you can already make a Japanese account and download that version. There are tutorials out there for it as well. I tried it but it seems that no one plays Patapon 2 via Ad Hoc Party lol...shame.

If anyone DOES want to play Patapon 2 over AHP, please let me know--I have no one local to play ad hoc with, hahaha...

I had no doubt that you would.

Great that this finally got released, but I just gave away my wireless bridge so I can't use this until I get a new one.

Woohoo!!!

It's out!

Does anyone want to play anything on it? I think Patapon 2 is the only game I can run on it right now. But I will certainly be adding to my library as we go!

Just played some Dissidia earlier today. It's pretty laggy (bad news for Jecht mains), but still very much playable. I might try some Phantasy Star later on.

does your PSP have to be connected to the PS3 in the 'remote-play' sense for this to work??

I have tried for 3 years to sync up a PSP w/ my 60gb PS3 and can never do it right. One day I may have to call Sony tech support and see if they are helpful...

[quote name='token2k6']does your PSP have to be connected to the PS3 in the 'remote-play' sense for this to work??

I have tried for 3 years to sync up a PSP w/ my 60gb PS3 and can never do it right. One day I may have to call Sony tech support and see if they are helpful...[/QUOTE]
I'm...not sure. All I did was launch AHP, went to my PSP game's online lobby, picked a server, and waited for AHP's game search function to do its job.

[quote name='Snap']Do we have an official CAG World > Room for adhoc party?[/QUOTE]

Most areas are split into what games are being played. Just post here if you setup a game and want people to come.

I'll prob be playing more Monster Hunter U with this on.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Is there an accurate, current list of every game that does or doesn't work with this?[/QUOTE]
From what I've played, Phantasy Star Portable (demo and full version) and Dissidia work.

From what I've seen? MGS: Peace Walker Demo, Gran Turismo (don't know which one), Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite, and one of the DBZ games.

Is there are a way to tell if a game I have isn't supported? Does it just reject you if you try to start a room for an unsupported?

I have these games that have Adhoc support of some kind:

Beats
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars
Daxter
Every Extend Extra
Field Commander
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Gran Turismo
Gunpley
Half-Minute Hero
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble
Loco Roco
Loco Roco: Midnight Carnival
Me and My Katamari
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Patapon 2
PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe
Puzzle Quest
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Ridge Racer
Strikers 1945 Plus
Virtua Tennis: World Tour
Wipeout Pure
WTF

If I can't test these alone and any of you have them, let me know and we could set up a time to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back