Photo
- - - - -

Official Amazon.com Trade-In Deal/FAQ Thread: Extra $30 for $60 worth of trades

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1007 replies to this topic

#31 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:09 PM

Well, just mailed off my box. I wound up going through all my old stuff and collecting about $200 worth of games ranging from old Pokemon games for the Gameboy to Mirror's Edge on the 360. Hopefully I'll get all the credit. I'm looking at buying a set of Turtle Beach X4 headphones with it.
Posted Image

#32 MySaturdaySelf

MySaturdaySelf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:24 PM

How would they be stackable if one coupon works on games and accessories and the other works on consoles?

i mean stack the two on video game consoles $50+$75... but the $50 code is redeemed already.. ha .. guess they send someone else's code to me

#33 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:29 PM

Cancelling your pre-order will get your code back.

Thanks! I ordered the beatles rockband before the eca coupon was fixed.

#34 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:33 PM

Don't think I can edit posts but here are a few changes to the flip post below

Harvest Moon DS cute 13.50 Amazon TIV
Ben 10 Alien Force wii 13.25 Amazon TIV
Cooking mama world kitchen wii 11 (drop) Amazon TIV

#35 jallen

jallen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:44 PM

good lord...seems like every single trade in priced dropped $6+ today. should have bit yesterday. Anyone finding ANY good prices today? looks like i'm not gonna get in on this deal. You guys think there will be a new promo tomorrow?

#36 whymustiregister

whymustiregister

Coupon PDF Maker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:59 PM

Posted by io in the locked thread:
Now I have a few questions. If you edit a trade that is already submitted (but not mailed in yet, obviously) can you simply delete items off of it while still retaining the older trade-in values for the ones you didn't delete? I thought someone said this was possible. What if you add one to something already there? I have two options since I submitted 2 nearly identical trades. I could bump up the quantities on one of them to get rid of all the things I have 2 of that have dropped (like PoP, Mirror's Edge, etc) or I could just submit the two trades but eliminate the duplicates (where I don't have more than 1 copy) between them. So in one case I'm deleting games from the trades (probably safer) and in the other I'm bumping quantities from 1 to 2 on things that have dropped (probably riskier). I'd rather do the second option so I only have to mail one set in, but I would have to be sure that worked first!

I'll go ahead and try the deletion thing if no one has an answer but I figure someone out there must have done either or both of these things at some point.

I had a trade locked from last Saturday for 2x :ps3: Dead Space (when it was the TIotD) and 1x :ps2: Up. Changed Up to 0 and DS to 7, trade-in value for DS remained $22.50. :) Shipping it out today.

#37 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:13 PM

I had a trade locked from last Saturday for 2x :ps3: Dead Space (when it was the TIotD) and 1x :ps2: Up. Changed Up to 0 and DS to 7, trade-in value for DS remained $22.50. :) Shipping it out today.

7 Dead Spaces?? Wow that may be pushing it. Amazon may be forced to start not accepting multiples if this continues. I do two or 3 sometime but that's my limit and that's pushing it. Let's see how this pans out in the future.

#38 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

Barely made the $50 trade-in level this time out, but man was it worth it. What was a $50 trade became a $125 trade with a pre-order of the MW2 Prestige Edition. Add in the ECA discount (not to mention the other $10 you get back from pre-ordering the title too) and this one was a no-brainer, even for someone who usually balks at collector's editions!

1 CALL OF DUTY Modern Warfare 2 (Prestige Ed. 360)

Subtotal of Items: $149.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$75.00
Promotion Applied: -$15.00
Promotion Applied: -$0.00
------
Total: $59.99
Gift Cards: -$50.25
------
Total for this Order: $9.74

Can't wait for the next promo -- assuming I can find another group of trades that will meet the minimum qualifying level! ;)

#39 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:45 PM

I traded in three games for $50.50 and shipped them out on Wednesday with the prepaid media mail. Received my gift card credit today so it took 3 days for me, not bad! I'm probably going to order a 360 Tournament Edition stick when I get the 50% off coupon.

#40 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:46 PM

You can increase quantities and still keep your original TIV's even after they dropped! Even on Trade-In of the day. Damn thats nice.

Wish i knew about that yesterday :bomb:

#41 MySaturdaySelf

MySaturdaySelf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:49 PM

has anyone experienced the code is "locked in" by an account.. I was just trying to see if the code works in my another account, but after that it seems to be attached with the account. and when I try to use it with my real account, it's shown as already redeemed? Even though I did not place order in that trial account, I found out it's automatically shown in the shopping cart and removing the item does not get the code back

#42 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:50 PM

**UPDATED 7/17/09**

Here are some popular choices for the current 50% off coupon. Many items on sale, click on the link to see the latest price

:ps3:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2K10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$120 DJ Hero with Turntable
$120 Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:360:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2k10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$140 Hori Real Arcade Pro EX-SE (all Seimitsu parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$160 120gb Hard Drive
$200 Turtle Beach Ear Force X4
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:wii:
$90 Wii Fit
$??? Wii Fit Plus
$250 Rock Band Beatles

#43 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:50 PM

I traded in three games for $50.50 and shipped them out on Wednesday with the prepaid media mail. Received my gift card credit today so it took 3 days for me, not bad! I'm probably going to order a 360 Tournament Edition stick when I get the 50% off coupon.

I had a heck of a time making the $50 level -- ended up trading in an original Xbox game for $1.50 to get to $50.25, it had the manual and case but was in a plain DVD cover. They took it anyway. 2 Days for the trade-in to be processed from the time of mailing and 48 hours after to get the 50% code (I'm lucky as I'm one state over from their location).

#44 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:09 PM

so is the 50% off promo ended now that today is the 18th? or does it end TOMORROW..me confused O_o

Posted Image

[CDs=450] [DVDs=727] [VGs=434] [Books=183]

6% Cash back on BestBuy.com (can use for in-store pick up too!)!
http://www.topcashba...m/ref/cidsaijin

Spoiler

Spoiler

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#45 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

so is the 50% off promo ended now that today is the 18th? or does it end TOMORROW..me confused O_o

your answer is in the first post. Click on the very first 'Spoilers' button :)

-To qualify for the 50% off coupon code, you must create a trade-in order during the promotion period (June 28, 2009 - July 18, 2009). Items must be postmarked no later than July 25, 2009 to qualify.

#46 speedrunner17

speedrunner17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:32 PM

I think today is the last day to submit your order.

#47 deathb10w

deathb10w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:36 PM

im having a real tough time deciding if i want to trade in saints row 2, or in its place: guitar hero 1, dmc4, acdc rock band, and pgr4.

#48 speedrunner17

speedrunner17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:38 PM

Get rid of Saints row 2, or you can pick up something cheap at GS with the promos they're running.

#49 deathb10w

deathb10w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:41 PM

im not going to be able to make it to gamestop today so i have to get rid of what i got. saints row is the only one of those games i may play again. then again i know it will be dirt cheap real soon.

#50 DustBoogie

DustBoogie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:43 PM

Just place your trade-in for the games you'd buy at GameStop and buy them tomorrow, and ship them on Monday. You don't have to send the package today - just start the process. That's what I'm doing.

#51 SolidEyeSystem

SolidEyeSystem

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:45 PM

Aw man, I traded in Marvel Ultimate Alliance yesterday and now it's the trade in of the day. Oh well.

Anyways, thanks for all the info.

#52 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:46 PM

For Resistance, it shows the Greatest Hits at $6.25 and the non-GH for $2.25. I have the non-GH, does it matter if I choose the GH version?

I looked up MGS 4 out of curiosity and they only have the GH version up there....so I'm assuming I could choose the GH for Resistance and be fine.

#53 ssundong

ssundong

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:48 PM

I know it is a very low chance to see the announcing of G27 at GamesCon 2009 on August 17-19. But I want to save my 50% code for the surprise. Is code due until 8/31, right?

#54 newlu

newlu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:00 PM

Shipped on 07/10
Credit received on 07/18
Still waiting for coupon

#55 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:01 PM

For Resistance, it shows the Greatest Hits at $6.25 and the non-GH for $2.25. I have the non-GH, does it matter if I choose the GH version?

I looked up MGS 4 out of curiosity and they only have the GH version up there....so I'm assuming I could choose the GH for Resistance and be fine.

If they only show the GH version, it doesn't matter which you pick. However, if they have both versions, you need to pick the one you have or you're likely to have it be rejected. So you need to pick the non-GH one.
Posted Image

#56 deathb10w

deathb10w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:08 PM

If they only show the GH version, it doesn't matter which you pick. However, if they have both versions, you need to pick the one you have or you're likely to have it be rejected. So you need to pick the non-GH one.

are you sure about that? they used to have forza 2 greatest hits and regular. now they just have greatest hits. i would easily trade the regular in for the $7 but it used to be $1.

#57 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:15 PM

are you sure about that? they used to have forza 2 greatest hits and regular. now they just have greatest hits. i would easily trade the regular in for the $7 but it used to be $1.

I remember it being discussed in the last thread. If they only show one version of the game, it doesn't matter what you send in. If they have separate ones, you need to pick the version that matches what you're planning on sending in.
Posted Image

#58 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:19 PM

Does anyone think there is a problem with mailing the games to the 25 Church Street Hudson, MA address?

I was kinda paranoid about the Media Mail and sent it with Delivery Confirmation to that address. Anyone else do this instead of the 43 Broad Street Address?

I mean, it's the address their going to anyways.
Posted Image

#59 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:19 PM

Well, update on the Logitech G25 situation. Just got an email response which basically said to check over the requirements again and email them back. Well I did and emailed them about the 50% off and the 10% off and how others are having this same problem whereas applying the two coupons to a similar item, (i.e. Madcatz TE Arcade Stick) goes through without a hitch. Hopefully both go through. Now I don't know if this was a response to my initial email or my phone call, hopefully just my initial email.

I'll update later on the status. BTW, I believe the price of the G25 is slowly trickling down as we speak. It was $212.xx yesterday, now it's $211.xx.

test.gif

#60 Sexbomb

Sexbomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:22 PM

Heres what I'm thinking, shit on me if you think its a waste.

COD:MW2 $30 - $30 = $20 left

Get $10 coups

JVC X700 $40 - $20 = Pay $20 for great headphones.

Theoretically pay $10 for them...