Official Amazon.com Trade-In Deal/FAQ Thread: Extra $30 for $60 worth of trades

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1007 replies to this topic

#901 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:31 PM

Just got my my 50% off coupon (order was accepted on Monday)...
Posted Image

#902 mwaarna

mwaarna

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:04 PM

So i did this deal twice. 50% off coupon Deal.

Two different accounts and addresses.

FIrst one on my account was processed fine.

Second one on my GFs account, I submitted the trade July 5th and shipped it on the 8th.

I have yet to hear back from them about them receiving anything..

Starting to get worried.. What do you guys suggest?

#903 rkrocks123

rkrocks123

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:13 PM

If anyone's planning on using their 50% off coupon for a regular game, I'd appreciate it if you'd trade it to me for a $30 code.

#904 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:13 PM

Second one on my GFs account, I submitted the trade July 5th and shipped it on the 8th.

You shipped it over 20 days ago and still haven't heard word!?!?

Call Amazon and inquire...no doubt about it.

Which reminds me, I'd suggest adding Delivery Confirmation to any submissions from now on. Trust me, the extra $.40 or whatever it is, is worth it when we're talking $90+ trade-ins.
Posted Image

#905 io

io

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

You shipped it over 20 days ago and still haven't heard word!?!?

Call Amazon and inquire...no doubt about it.

Which reminds me, I'd suggest adding Delivery Confirmation to any submissions from now on. Trust me, the extra $.40 or whatever it is, is worth it when we're talking $90+ trade-ins.

It is 80 cents, but still well worth it. I put it on anything I'm trading over $50 or so. Then you have a little more info before calling about it. For example, if it shows it has been delivered for a few days, then you definitely get on their case. If DC does not show delivery, then you wait it out or assume it is lost (once it hits 3 or 4 weeks).

#906 MuzykMann

MuzykMann

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:46 PM

I actually had something very similar happen, although it hasn't been as long. I shipped mine out around the 16th and haven't heard anything. Other trade ins took 5-6 days, so I figure something got messed up. I emailed amazon's customer service about it (I knew they'd tell me to wait longer, but I figured i'd get a record on my account about it early) and they said to wait a full month from ship date and then, if I still have heard nothing, email them back.

Sucks, yes, but it's comforting to hear that "email us back" at the end. Gives me the impression that they'll look into it if it is in fact gone. Amazon's customer service has always been great to me in the past, so I'm holding out hope that they'll make it right.

EDIT: Holy crap. You're not gonna believe this, but AS I WAS TYPING THAT UP, I got an email saying that my trade in has been received. PRAISE JEEBUS! Check your email dude!

#907 almasy82

almasy82

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:57 PM

It sucks so many people are having problems. I haven't had a single issue. I have got the $75 off console coupon, 2 50% codes, and 3 $30 off codes. I have used the same account and have traded in as many as 5 of one title at a time. Just make sure to pack your items well (and of course make sure they are in great condition ...no stickers, damage to outer case and with manual). This has been one great promotion for me.

#908 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:06 PM

It sucks so many people are having problems. I haven't had a single issue. I have got the $75 off console coupon, 2 50% codes, and 3 $30 off codes. I have used the same account and have traded in as many as 5 of one title at a time. Just make sure to pack your items well (and of course make sure they are in great condition ...no stickers, damage to outer case and with manual). This has been one great promotion for me.

Same here...I've used good quality boxes for shipments (it costs nothing more to send a box vs a bubble envelope, so why not send it a box?) and I've had no problems...did the $75 system coupon, did the 50% off coupon, and I've done 5 trades under the $30 coupon deal under the same account...I've gotten all the $30 coupons, (3 in one email, 2 in another) and used 3 of the $30 dollar coupon codes already with no problems. But the games were in good shape and complete and clean without stickers.

#909 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:20 PM

Just got 2 of the last 50% coupon today (so I'm 8 for 8 and have 1 returned disc so far). I tried using it on a different account and it didn't work, so I guess the 50% is linked somehow.

Got 5 DSi (Got an extra 50 during the glitch), RB Beatles LE, SF4 TE, Tekken 6 LE, COD Prestige. ECA is a must if you're planning to buy games. I already save $70 from $15 initial investment.

I'm just gonna participate in 1 $30 promo, since I'm running out of GS credit and this Amazon promo is actually almost the same as GS tiered trade promo.

#910 Aysion

Aysion

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:25 PM

Bah. Called CS again with my issue (10 days and no code). They send me one I guess I they had sent but I hadn't even received. And when I plug it in it says coupon has already been redeemed. So gay.

#911 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

**UPDATED 7/30/09**

Here are some items that work with Amazon promo coupons. Last day to redeem Amazons 50% off coupon is 8/31/09. Some items on sale. Click on links to see latest price and promotions.

:ps3:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2K10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$120 Tony Hawk Ride Bundle
$120 Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$200 DJ Hero Renegade Edition ($120 Standard Edition)
$200 Band Hero Superbundle
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:360:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2k10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$140 Hori Real Arcade Pro EX-SE (all Seimitsu parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$160 120gb Hard Drive
$200 Turtle Beach Ear Force X4
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:wii:
$90 Wii Fit
$??? Wii Fit Plus
$250 Rock Band Beatles

7/30 - Added DJ Hero Renegade

#912 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:36 PM

DJ HERO!!!

We finally got a price on DJ Hero Renegade. I'm very hesitant to go for it. It would cost $80 in amazon credit after 50% and ECA which is very nice. But i will be ordering without seeing reviews. I was a huge beatmania fan...even made my own controller. DJ Hero is totally different but looks fun. I'm just not sure how natural it will feel and how challenging it will be. It doesn't look like it will have online DJ battles either. And the coop seems to only be Guitar + Turntable. :(

Its interesting that the music is all original mixes (correct me if im wrong, i haven't read too much about this game). Im pretty sure the music will be hit or miss with a majority being misses. I still don't know what to do. GAH!!!

sneaky solution
Spoiler

#913 hmbtnguy

hmbtnguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:41 PM

DJ HERO!!!

We finally got a price on DJ Hero Renegade. I'm very hesitant to go for it. It would cost $80 in amazon credit after 50% and ECA which is very nice. But i will be ordering without seeing reviews. I was a huge beatmania fan...even made my own controller. DJ Hero is totally different but looks fun. I'm just not sure how natural it will feel and how challenging it will be. It doesn't look like it will have online DJ battles either. And the coop seems to only be Guitar + Turntable. :(

Its interesting that the music is all original mixes (correct me if im wrong, i haven't read too much about this game). Im pretty sure the music will be hit or miss with a majority being misses. I still don't know what to do. GAH!!!

From what I've heard DJ hero's mixes are awesome. You can find a lot of them on their youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/djhero

IGN's Daemon Hatfield which is also a DJ says the game is looking fantastic. If it weren't for MW2: prestige edition I would've been totally all over DJ hero.
Posted Image

#914 DrAndonuts

DrAndonuts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:43 PM

Got my last 50% coupon today, and used it immediately. So that tallies up to:

DJ Hero: Renegade- $200
Beatles: Rock Band- $250
COD:MW2:Prestige- $150
---
600 bucks
-300 (50% codes)
-60 (ECA codes)
-165.25 (total credit)
---
74.75 out of pocket.

Awesome.

#915 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:48 PM

Hey Jap, it should be noted that Both the CEs for Batman Arkham Asylum are really $90.99 ($91 if you want to round up)...I mean it's not a huge difference, but $9 is...$9 ;)
Posted Image

#916 enufs8d

enufs8d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:05 PM

Got my last 50% coupon today, and used it immediately. So that tallies up to:

DJ Hero: Renegade- $200
Beatles: Rock Band- $250
COD:MW2:Prestige- $150

Thats a lot of plastic and music.

Did you use more than one code on a single account?

#917 io

io

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:07 PM

Ah, man, if I had known you could use the same account for multiple 50% coupons I would have done a few more submissions ;).

Same here...I've used good quality boxes for shipments (it costs nothing more to send a box vs a bubble envelope, so why not send it a box?) and I've had no problems...did the $75 system coupon, did the 50% off coupon, and I've done 5 trades under the $30 coupon deal under the same account...I've gotten all the $30 coupons, (3 in one email, 2 in another) and used 3 of the $30 dollar coupon codes already with no problems. But the games were in good shape and complete and clean without stickers.

I've sent all mine in boxes and except for the one with a missing manual all mine have been near mint and complete with no stickers. That still didn't stop them from rejecting another game as "damaged". It was in a big box, padded with crumpled paper, and it was a perfect disc, case, and manual as I had even gone through the trouble of swapping it out at another GS since the original one I got from there was not so great.

So, yeah, it is still YMMV though certianly sending everything mint and complete increases your chances of a smooth submission.

#918 postureking

postureking

Cabeza Shrinker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

FNR4 (PS3) is currently getting 33.00 at Amazon; NCAA 10 (PS3) is getting 29.25. With the new 25% coupon at Gamestop tomorrow, these would be good flips to move credit from Gamestop to Amazon.

#919 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:40 PM

damn that GS coupon is nice :drool:. I could buy used with 35% off or get a game new for roughly the same price through flip. Flips are a bit of a hassle though

Z(+)DIAC, i noticed amazon prices fluctuate a bit so i just left it at amazon base. Easier to read the list and keeps maintenance of the list low. I figure someone will click on a title they have interest in and see what current promos are in effect...just like you did for B:AA. I know some were disappointed with fluctuations in Rock Band Beatles. Thus the disclaimer i placed above the list ;)

#920 Taboner

Taboner

Let's Go Rangers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:47 PM

Hmmm. Should I keep my X3s, go for the X4s, wait for the X5s(I hope?), or get Renegade?

#921 io

io

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:01 PM

Hey, when Fire Emblem Path of Radiance first showed up as the trade-in deal of the day last night it was a pathetic $8. Now it is a decent $19! I've never seen them raise a trade-in deal of the day. Though perhaps they had just forgotten to bump the price up and the $8 was their normal value.

#922 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:10 PM

FNR4 (PS3) is currently getting 33.00 at Amazon; NCAA 10 (PS3) is getting 29.25. With the new 25% coupon at Gamestop tomorrow, these would be good flips to move credit from Gamestop to Amazon.

Not so great. By my calculations, 25% coupon plus 10% edge only gets you to $35.xx. Add in tax and I'd be looking at about a $5-6 loss per title.

I'm only interested in a 1:1 or close GS to Amazon flip (don't include the bonus).

#923 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:15 PM

Not so great. By my calculations, 25% coupon plus 10% edge only gets you to $35.xx. Add in tax and I'd be looking at about a $5-6 loss per title.

I'm only interested in a 1:1 or close GS to Amazon flip (don't include the bonus).

I'm looking for games that might have a $5-$6 gain from GS->Amazon (not including bonus). I agree games like FNR4, Punchout, etc aren't worth the time and effort. Maybe we'll get lucky with an Amazon Deal of the Day, but I won't be counting on it.

#924 postureking

postureking

Cabeza Shrinker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

I'm looking for games that might have a $5-$6 gain from GS->Amazon (not including bonus). I agree games like FNR4, Punchout, etc aren't worth the time and effort. Maybe we'll get lucky with an Amazon Deal of the Day, but I won't be counting on it.

If you add in the Amazon promo it's turning $72 GS credit for FNR4 and NCAA 10 (new coupon plus Edge) into $93 Amazon credit. That's good enough for me, plus, finding acceptable copies of the game is a lot easier when they are new releases.

#925 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:40 PM

ok, i finally found a game where I can make a $1.17 profit from GS->Amazon with the coupon. It should be really really unbelievably simple to find a few complete used BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Limited Editions for the ps3 at GS, right?

#926 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:47 PM

If you add in the Amazon promo it's turning $72 GS credit for FNR4 and NCAA 10 (new coupon plus Edge) into $93 Amazon credit. That's good enough for me, plus, finding acceptable copies of the game is a lot easier when they are new releases.

in my state its $38.07 x2 (for 2 games would be $76.14). So I can make $16.86 ($93-$76.14) by driving to gamestop, waiting in line to get discs that are mint with manuals, peeling off the stickers, packing them up with bubblewrap in a box and taping them up with the amazon label, driving to the post office, find parking, and wait in line again, buy delivery confirmation for approx. $2, drive home, and wait a week or two for my amazon giftcard and coupon and hope that they dont reject any of my games or i might lose money.

Just typing that shitty run-on sentence wasn't worth $16.86 in amazon videogame credit.

(don't forget delivery confirmation and gas money either).

If I were doing it all for multiple 50% off coupons it would be worth it though.

#927 NJMane

NJMane

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:15 PM

Anyone know if the DJ Hero turntable is wireless? I have watched and read alot of stuff but nothing that I can find specifically states it.

I will probably end up using my 2nd 50% off code on the Renegade Edition. I have no use for NVG so I will pass on the MW2 Prestige Edition. Also I figured I could probably use the turntable stand for my TE Fightstick as well. Anything to keep it off my lap. Just a thought.

#928 Aysion

Aysion

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:53 PM

Called Amazon CS for the fourth time, told them about my faulty coupon code and they said they would have marketing e-mail me back a new code in 1-2 days. Funny thing is, the first CS rep I called 2 days ago said that. And nothing.

#929 speedrunner17

speedrunner17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:53 PM

Waiting for that stupid gold box trick to work I missed out on my Ion kit again. Once they get more Ps3 ones in I'm ordering it. That gold box trick is not working.

My regular account in which I actually order stuff is not even going by my recommendations. I never ordered anything close to romance novels, yet they keep putting them in my goldbox.

#930 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:59 PM

Hmmm. Should I keep my X3s, go for the X4s, wait for the X5s(I hope?), or get Renegade?

Well, my set of X4s arrived the other day, and I LOVE them. They're wonderful. I would definitely recommend them. I can't see how they could really improve them with an X5 model. I currently have them connected to my PS3 to use, and I'll probably connect them to my 360 this weekend to try out the chat features. Gotta say though, overall, they're worth the money. The sound quality is great, they have great range, and the hiss that people mention really isn't that bad. It's only really noticeable, to me anyway, when I turn the headset's volume up.
Posted Image