#931 justlooking00

justlooking00

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:11 AM

I found a decent gamestop to amazon flip:

Lost Kingdoms II $6.99 at gs --> $6.25 TIV at amazon

and if you can find it...

Phantasy Star Online I&II Plus $4.99 at gs --> $21 TIV at amazon!

Edited by justlooking00, 31 July 2009 - 12:19 AM.
added to the list

#932 io

io

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:13 AM

Well, I just went through the entire PS3 section at gamestop.com and I didn't come up with anything better than NCAA 10 and FNR4. Fallout 3 is close ($18.19 -> $15) but that's about it. I submitted a trade with those games but I'm not sure if I'll go through with it. They should all be easy to get, and since PS3 games are scratch-free I wouldn't expect too many problems on the trade-in side (except when they damage the games upon inspection :bomb:).

I'll probably do it though. No sales tax on the used games so it is a straight transfer. Taping up a box takes me 5 minutes. I go to the PO all the time anyway and there's never a line here. So just add 80 cents for the DC. It is worth it for the $30 coupon and the fact that I have so much GS credit I'll never use it all there and am willing to transfer it even at a small loss.

I may just end up doing 2 FNR4: $54.99 x 2 x .65 = $71.49 cost + 80 cents for DC = $72.29 in order to get $66 in Amazon credit plus the $30 coupon (so $96 effectively). Not bad.

#933 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:34 AM

Not a bad idea Io since my last trade in was rejected (missing manual). What sucks about the trade in of the day is that I have a path of radiance.... but no manual and stupid HWV cover. Grrr.... would have been nice. Guess I can buy at GS and return but I hate doing that.

#934 Wrong

Wrong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:38 AM

gone

Edited by Wrong, 01 August 2009 - 01:59 AM.

#935 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:01 AM

I found a decent gamestop to amazon flip:

Lost Kingdoms II $6.99 at gs --> $6.25 TIV at amazon

and if you can find it...

Phantasy Star Online I&II Plus $4.99 at gs --> $21 TIV at amazon!

There's a reason why that game has a high TIV. Browse outside the trade in values and just look at....values ;)

Nothing to see here, move along!

#936 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:07 AM

There's a reason why that game has a high TIV. Browse outside the trade in values and just look at....values ;)

Hahah, I was just going to say that.

Hell, I just searched local stock (northern VA / DC area) and there was not one copy located within a 100 mile radius :lol:
Posted Image

#937 Sexbomb

Sexbomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:18 AM

Where I live is so weird the two stores always have the more rare games and everywhere else will be empty. But I mean it won't have manual and case, I'm not that lucky. 8-)

#938 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:42 AM

i hope my 50% coupon comes tomorrow, that would be 3 days after acceptance. I want my TE stick since SFIV came today.

About the X4's, terribly overpriced headphones. Although they do work with the 360, which is rare for these types of headphones.

Edited by V4oLDbOY, 31 July 2009 - 02:56 AM.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#939 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:31 AM

About the X4's, terribly overpriced headphones. Although they do work with the 360, which is rare for these types of headphones.

No arguments there. They are certainly a bit overpriced, but when you have a 50% off coupon and a ton of credit, they're much more affordable :D Mine cost me nothing, which is awesome.
Posted Image

#940 MorPhiend

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:03 AM

damn that GS coupon is nice :drool:. I could buy used with 35% off or get a game new for roughly the same price through flip. Flips are a bit of a hassle though

Z(+)DIAC, i noticed amazon prices fluctuate a bit so i just left it at amazon base. Easier to read the list and keeps maintenance of the list low. I figure someone will click on a title they have interest in and see what current promos are in effect...just like you did for B:AA. I know some were disappointed with fluctuations in Rock Band Beatles. Thus the disclaimer i placed above the list ;)

What is this The Beatles: Rock Band price fluctuation you speak of, sir?

#941 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:07 AM

Well I wanted to buy a used ds, and they're pretty cheap at amazon(with some credit I already have too), and if I'm already going to make a large purchase there, why not try to trade some games in...

Man there's nearly nothing left for me to trade in though. I'd have to give away something I actually wanted to hit the 60$ mark without finding anything to flip with the rest of my games.

#942 J7.

J7.

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:26 AM

As usual Ski Doo is a good trade in from GS.
GS-35% (coupon and edge) -> AMZ TIV
Ski Doo 360 $5.85 -> $5.25

PS3 one not as good
Ski Doo PS3 $2.59 -> $2.25

#943 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:29 AM

I'm pretty done with flipping at this point since my GS credit has run dry.

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#944 osugsxr

osugsxr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:43 AM

any recommendations to use the 50% off on amazon...

#945 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:55 AM

any recommendations to use the 50% off on amazon...

**UPDATED 7/30/09**

Here are some items that work with Amazon promo coupons. Last day to redeem Amazons 50% off coupon is 8/31/09. Some items on sale. Click on links to see latest price and promotions.

:ps3:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2K10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$120 Tony Hawk Ride Bundle
$120 Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$200 DJ Hero Renegade Edition ($120 Standard Edition)
$200 Band Hero Superbundle
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:360:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2k10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$140 Hori Real Arcade Pro EX-SE (all Seimitsu parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$160 120gb Hard Drive
$200 Turtle Beach Ear Force X4
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:wii:
$90 Wii Fit
$??? Wii Fit Plus
$250 Rock Band Beatles

7/30 - Added DJ Hero Renegade

Also Jap, maybe you could consider adding the "Ghostbusters: Slimer Addition" to the list (I assume there are a few people out there who maybe interested)...

Both for $109.99
360 Version - http://www.amazon.co...d_luc_sbs_00_03
PS3 Version - http://www.amazon.co...d_luc_sbs_00_03

Edited by Z(+)DIAC, 31 July 2009 - 05:32 AM.

Posted Image

#946 NDPsycho

NDPsycho

Magically Delicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:32 AM

Thanks to all of the G25 folks for their inspiration! I managed to get the Playseat Evolution at 50% off. I'm just sad that I don't have any more 50% off codes left, they were fun while they lasted :)

#947 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:07 AM

Ok it looks like I can scrounge up enough stuff, and be like 8 bucks over if something cheap gets rejected(doubtful, everything is complete and half are new).

So the 30$ is a coupon code, NOT 30$ in credit...and it can only be used on the same things the 50% off coupon can be used on(accessories and games), right?

Cancelling demon's souls, using that credit + this trade-in for a used ds, then my 50% on demon's soul in a few weeks again with just cash and the 30$ code on another pre-order.

#948 io

io

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:10 AM

PS3 one not as good
Ski Doo PS3 $2.59 -> $2.25

Hah - it dropped then from people locking it in because of the promo. It was $3 when I looked earlier today :lol: (I didn't bother with that one as it is also impossible to find around me - definitely not worth the trouble).

#949 jraypeon

jraypeon

I've made a huge mistake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:12 AM

FNR4 is down already =(
Either they react real fast or we have a mole here!

#950 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:24 AM

So what, we gotta invent a code and change it up everyday so we can speak about TIVs?

yay!!! Just got my code, orders my TE stick for 4.49 after ECA +50%. I was tempted to go for quicker shipping, but restrained myself and got the super saver shipping.

2 more to go.

I made the billing address and the ship adress the same, my house. But I used my gf's address for the trade in. Will that be a problem?

Edited by V4oLDbOY, 31 July 2009 - 08:13 AM.

#951 lakers2008

lakers2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:25 AM

Thanks to all of the G25 folks for their inspiration! I managed to get the Playseat Evolution at 50% off. I'm just sad that I don't have any more 50% off codes left, they were fun while they lasted :)

how did you manage to get the playseat 50% off. I am having a hard time getting them to accept the G25. tips please
http://www.points2sh...?ref=lakers2008

Earn Cash, Win Call of Duty, Halo, NBA, NFL and every other game for Free. Yes, Free Check it out and see. It truly is free.

#952 theb1rdm4n

theb1rdm4n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:30 AM

FNR4 is down already =(
Either they react real fast or we have a mole here!

it probably has to do with supply and demand. when a lot of people lock in a trade amazon lowers the price because the supply increased, while the demand stayed constant.

#953 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:51 AM

finally got a good game in my gold box. bad news its wii sports resort. $42, but I dont want it.

#954 NDPsycho

NDPsycho

Magically Delicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:06 AM

how did you manage to get the playseat 50% off. I am having a hard time getting them to accept the G25. tips please

I can share some things that I did, but I think it will largely depend upon who you interact with.

-I used the phone option, not e-mail
-I did not let them transfer my issue to the marketing department, I politely requested to speak with a manager. This took a number of requests, but I finally got to talk to one. I simply explained that if I had wanted to exchange e-mails I would have used that method of contacting them.
-I did what others here have said and explained that the item pulls up in the video game store and if you look at the items rankings, it is ranked as a seller under a number of video game categories. The wording of the offers details may not necessarily allow this, but the instructions for redeeming the promo code in the e-mail that came with the code certainly do.
- It says to go to the video game store, via the embedded link.
- It says to search for the item you want.
- It says to add the item to your card.
- It says to check out and apply the promo code.
- The playseat, like the G25 will work with each step, except the last one. I don't think it's all that difficult to make a case that it should work. Yes, I realize that the items are not primarily assigned to the video game category, but I still believe that the interpretation is debatable.
-When they seemed unsure of whether the promo would take 50% off of an item that expensive. I added the ion drums to my cart to show that it would. This seemed to be the point where they were ok with making an adjustment.
-They will most likely have you place the order for the item at full price and will offer to adjust it once it is placed. This seems to be common with other posters experiences.

That was my experience anyway. Again, I don't think that there is a fool proof way to get them to make an adjustment. I think it takes quite a bit of luck in regards to who you talk to and a bit of persistence on your part. Eventually you'll either get someone who agrees, someone who just doesn't want to deal with you anymore or you'll give up :)

#955 io

io

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:59 AM

finally got a good game in my gold box. bad news its wii sports resort. $42, but I dont want it.

It is an awesome game with some serious challenge to it (if you want to go for all the stamps - kind of like achievements).

Anyway, I never looked up the new GS coupon thread. I just assumed since someone listed PS3 games to buy with it, that it was 25% off PS3 games. I just looked now (12 hours later) and I see it is for ANY used games! Holy hell - I wish I knew that earlier. Maybe FNR4 PS3 was the best thing out there anyway. Luckily I locked it in at $33 - just one copy so don't blame me for the drop ;).

#956 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:23 AM

These 3 phoenix wright deals of the day games are decent flips. I might flip some because there are so many around me. Hopefully some have covers and books.

#957 io

io

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:33 AM

These 3 phoenix wright deals of the day games are decent flips. I might flip some because there are so many around me. Hopefully some have covers and books.

Bah - I was just about to say it is pretty crappy because there are very few to be found and for sure what few there are will be cart-only ;). I'm glad I locked in FNR4 because that will be 100x easier (though less profitable to be sure - still, just 2 copies of that are needed vs having to get 5 of the various Phoenix Wright games to qualify for the promo code).

Oh yeah, I did just get my first $30 promo code. So the games were received Weds morning and I got the credit that morning as well. Then the coupon code late Thurs night/Fri morning. Not bad.

#958 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:43 AM

This is a really stupid question, but I want to be 100% sure...

To lock in a trade, u have to go through all the steps of submitting a trade including going to the page where u print out the shipping label, correct?

And can you change the quantity to zero to take a game off at this point?

#959 io

io

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:53 AM

This is a really stupid question, but I want to be 100% sure...

To lock in a trade, u have to go through all the steps of submitting a trade including going to the page where u print out the shipping label, correct?

And can you change the quantity to zero to take a game off at this point?

Yeah, you don't have to print the label of course (since you'll probably want to print it later after you finalize what you've got to send in). You can edit the games by changing the quantity up or down later.

What I keep doing with these deals is adding one of whatever is the hot item (FNR4, Phoenix Wright, whatever) and then putting in the games I have sitting here in a pile waiting for trade-in to GS or Amazon. I review the Amazon pricing and if it hasn't dropped, I'll just add them to the next trade I'm making. If they have dropped, then they end up locked into a previous trade or will be going to GS instead. If I end up with multiple of the "hot" item I may not need those other games at all. But if not, then I have them to pad it to over $60. For example, on these Phoenix Wright games it looks like at best I might be able to get 2 of them. So that's only $26 right there - I a few other things to make it go over $60.

It gets pretty complicated because I've got a lot of games (that I only have 1 copy of) submitted in a few different trades. Then when the price drops (for example, Tomb Raider Underworld just went from $12 to $9, Spiderman Web of Shadows from $8 to $5.50, and several others as well) I need to use those in one or another of the submissions I've made (or decide to save them for GS or give them to someone or simply just keep them).

#960 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:01 PM

It is an awesome game with some serious challenge to it (if you want to go for all the stamps - kind of like achievements).

Anyway, I never looked up the new GS coupon thread. I just assumed since someone listed PS3 games to buy with it, that it was 25% off PS3 games. I just looked now (12 hours later) and I see it is for ANY used games! Holy hell - I wish I knew that earlier. Maybe FNR4 PS3 was the best thing out there anyway. Luckily I locked it in at $33 - just one copy so don't blame me for the drop ;).

I know its a great game, my gf's family has it. Problem is she only has one wiimote so I gotta bring mine over if we want to play any wii games, besides they only have one wiimotion+. And I only got one wiimote too, so I cant even play it with my friends. I'm sure it would be a perfect game for a family, like you. But I'm a college student who has noone to play with.

hence hoping for MW2 or a TE stick to pop in my gold box, but I have yet to get a 360 game or accesory for that matter in my gold box. I'll check it, I just wont get my hopes up.

Also ECA is amazazing, made my money back off ym first purchase.

Edited by V4oLDbOY, 31 July 2009 - 01:20 PM.