Photo
- - - - -

Official Amazon.com Trade-In Deal/FAQ Thread: Extra $30 for $60 worth of trades

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1007 replies to this topic

#961 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:00 PM

As usual Ski Doo is a good trade in from GS.
GS-35% (coupon and edge) -> AMZ TIV
Ski Doo 360 $5.85 -> $5.25

PS3 one not as good
Ski Doo PS3 $2.59 -> $2.25

OK, then, I've got my plan: find 27 used, complete copies of Ski Doo PS3 and I'm golden! Hopefully I can find them all at one Gamestop so that I can take the stack up and tell them that one is for me, and the other 26 are for friends. ;^)

EDIT: but seriously, thanks for the tip. I will pick up a copy or two of one or both of these as a filler.

Crunchewy.png

#962 antitravolta

antitravolta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:53 PM

Between the $30 off, ECA, and Goldbox, I'm getting some seriously cheap preorders:

Gran Turismo 5, Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted 2 preorders for $18.44 each. I probably made about $8 on each trade too so brand new games for about $10 each. Gotta love that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#963 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:11 PM

check your goldbox ppl, i actually have god of war iii in it at 10% off today, which is rare that I ever actually get a game in there, let alone a high profile one.

Best online trading website currently in my opinion.  Trust me I'm a CAG.

Banner2.png

#964 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:54 PM

check your goldbox ppl, i actually have god of war iii in it at 10% off today, which is rare that I ever actually get a game in there, let alone a high profile one.

I'm a n00b. How do you check your goldbox?

#965 shimz

shimz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:04 PM

hey guys
sorry didn't wanna go through 50 pages
my games got to amazon in 2 days. got $62 credit. When do I get the additional $30 again?

thanks!!

#966 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:18 PM

You don't need to read 50 pages.... just the first one. It's up to 10 business days or so. People have been getting it in 2-4.

#967 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:30 PM

I'm a n00b. How do you check your goldbox?

Top of the page, "today's deals". The second half of the screen "your name quick picks" will appear. Anything there is 5% off the regular listed amazon price(which will usually already be a certain % off). I think it's only 5%. Anyway, there are ways to kind of manipulate the gold box to get games etc to appear in there...but hell, I've tried everything that's been posted, on two different accounts, for two weeks, and I have barely seen a game in it.

#968 disillusion386

disillusion386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:18 PM

Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone is willing to take over this thread. I just got accepted to a master's degree program which starts a week from Monday so I won't be able to update the Trade-in deal of the day and maintain this thread as a whole. If you're interested, please PM me. All the information and FAQ is already there anyway so it should be easy.

#969 sylaxRKO

sylaxRKO

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:20 PM

I got confirmation today it was my first trade in one of the games was accepted despite being the wrong game I sent in regular Morrowind in GOTY version box and got credit. So I just wait a couple days for my $30 code.

#970 speedrunner17

speedrunner17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:09 PM

Yes that Goldbox has turned into complete BS. They have been putting garbage in mine. I had Uncharted 2 in my Goldbox once. I have only bought and rated game stuff, yet they won't put anything worthwhile in mine.

#971 Taboner

Taboner

Let's Go Rangers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:03 PM

I'm willing to buy any accounts with 30/60 50% coupons on them:)

#972 lakers2008

lakers2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:06 PM

taboner I have an unused 50% promo code. will forward you the email. make me an offer and please dont try to low ball me. will take paypal or amazon gift card. let me know
http://www.points2sh...?ref=lakers2008

Earn Cash, Win Call of Duty, Halo, NBA, NFL and every other game for Free. Yes, Free Check it out and see. It truly is free.

#973 EvenFlow

EvenFlow

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

Anyone willing to trade two $30 off amazon coupons for my 50% off coupon.

I was going to get the Beatles Rock band, but I don't really have the cash, even with the 50%, to get the special edition.

PM me if interested.

Sent you a couple of PMs. Please let me know.

Thanks!

#974 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:23 PM

My goldbox is worthless. I can't remember the last time it had a video game in it. It seems to always have the same things more or less, and they are all related to purchases I made that were gifts for my mother-in-law. Note: I like my mother-in-law, but she doesn't ask for video games. :)

On the good side, I found a copy of Excitebots still tagged at $17.99 and a copy of Fight Night Round 4 PS3, using the 25% coupon. I've got a 2 copy FNR4 trade-in locked in, so I need to get a second copy. Excitebots I've got locked in with a bunch of other stuff I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll find at another GS tonight, though I'm going to have to make two trips unless they let me use 2 coupons and do separate transactions.

Crunchewy.png

#975 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:27 PM

So I think I am going to use my 50% coupon on Arkum Asylum CE
Posted Image

#976 Taboner

Taboner

Let's Go Rangers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:29 PM

Don't hurt yourself with the Batarang! ;)

#977 NJMane

NJMane

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:30 PM

Does anyone know how Amazon handles the "Pre-order price guarantee" in regards to the 50% coupon?

IGN just put up an article that says that Activision has yet to finalize a price for DJ Hero Renegade Edition and if I order it at $200 with the 50% off code what would happen if they drop it to $175? I know that the Beatles Rockband has been fluctuating so I did not know if they are adjusting accordingly. Thanks.

#978 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:32 PM

Does anyone know how Amazon handles the "Pre-order price guarantee" in regards to the 50% coupon?

IGN just put up an article that says that Activision has yet to finalize a price for DJ Hero Renegade Edition and if I order it at $200 with the 50% off code what would happen if they drop it to $175? I know that the Beatles Rockband has been fluctuating so I did not know if they are adjusting accordingly. Thanks.

I think some people ran into this on here regarding some preorders. From what I understand Amazon gives you back the difference...but don't quote me.
Posted Image

#979 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:32 PM

I'm skipping Amazons TOTD (trade of the day) on Phoenix Wright. Finding complete games is hard and the acceptance on NDS is starting to vary. At least Gamestops latest coupon is so good that we are guaranteed 6 more days of potential flips :bouncy:

With that said, i think im going to skip the flip and pick up two games for personal enjoyment from gamestop. Gears of war 2 and the Forza2/MUA pack should cost around $35 :D

#980 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:41 PM

It took 7 days after I got my trade-in credit for the 50% off coupon to finally arrive. I quickly ordered an Xbox 360 Ion Drum Rocker. Sweet. :)

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#981 osugsxr

osugsxr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:57 PM

anyone play cod... would the hardend be worth buying, dont care for the extras that come with it. Not sure I would play the original cod download either....

#982 findammon

findammon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:21 PM

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories for ps2 gets 16.50 trade in, this is definitely an easy game to find at gamestop so after 25% plus edge its 17.50.

#983 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:42 PM

I'm skipping Amazons TOTD (trade of the day) on Phoenix Wright. Finding complete games is hard and the acceptance on NDS is starting to vary. At least Gamestops latest coupon is so good that we are guaranteed 6 more days of potential flips :bouncy:

With that said, i think im going to skip the flip and pick up two games for personal enjoyment from gamestop. Gears of war 2 and the Forza2/MUA pack should cost around $35 :D

Has amazon been sending back a lot of NDS games? What reasons have they been giving?

I bought 4 phoenix wright games today with manuals and covers at one mall (this mall has 3 GS stores).

#984 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:20 AM

Finally got my SF4 TE Stick. Used my second 50% off code for this one and ordered it from my GF's account and shipped it to my home with no problem.
Posted Image

#985 LoveLost

LoveLost

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:22 AM

hey guys I never Received my 50% off code, Has anyone run into this problem? I called amazon and they said they'd get back to me. Has anyone been in this situation and had the problem resolved? Thank brothers.

#986 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:24 AM

hey guys I never Received my 50% off code, Has anyone run into this problem? I called amazon and they said they'd get back to me. Has anyone been in this situation and had the problem resolved? Thank brothers.

It depends.

As others have suggested, the max time (from the day they accept your trade-ins) is 10 days. If it's been past that point, than they should not hesitate to give you an answer.

It took me 2 days to receive mine...others have been from 2-9 days...
Posted Image

#987 warfox33

warfox33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:36 AM

So has it or has it not been confirmed if you can get multiple +$30 coupons on the same account?? I know at least two people said they received two codes in the same email, but one person said that only one code worked and the other said both did. Did I miss anything or is that all the information we have so far?

#988 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:47 AM

So has it or has it not been confirmed if you can get multiple +$30 coupons on the same account?? I know at least two people said they received two codes in the same email, but one person said that only one code worked and the other said both did. Did I miss anything or is that all the information we have so far?

I'm right where you are right now. I'm still unsure. I created trades on 2 different accounts just to play it safe.

#989 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:02 AM

Don't hurt yourself with the Batarang! ;)

Yeah, that thing looks brutal
Posted Image

#990 antitravolta

antitravolta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:34 AM

I've had 6 trades go through on the $30 coupons all with codes. I've used 5 of the 6 already with no problems. I have 6 more on the same account and don't expect any problems.

Posted Image

Posted Image