Official Amazon.com Trade-In Deal/FAQ Thread: Extra $30 for $60 worth of trades

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1007 replies to this topic

#991 Samus

Samus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:36 AM

Hey guys, for the price to remain locked in, do you actually have to SUBMIT it or can you just have it sitting in the queue?
Rewards1: A website to get free, well, anything (with their custom prize form). For a complete, STEP-BY-STEP Guide, check out www.yourfreevideogames.blogspot.com for an explanation on how it works, why it works, and how to maximize your free items (along with a link to the site of course)!

My Trade List: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=174700

#992 PontiusPilate

PontiusPilate

Climbing People's Soapbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:38 AM

I've had 6 trades go through on the $30 coupons all with codes. I've used 5 of the 6 already with no problems. I have 6 more on the same account and don't expect any problems.

Can you stack the coupon codes on the same transaction, i.e. buy something for $60 and apply both coupons so it's free? Thanks.

#993 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:39 AM

Can you stack the coupon codes on the same transaction, i.e. buy something for $60 and apply both coupons so it's free? Thanks.

No. One code PER single purchase.
Posted Image

#994 PontiusPilate

PontiusPilate

Climbing People's Soapbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:40 AM

Hey guys, for the price to remain locked in, do you actually have to SUBMIT it or can you just have it sitting in the queue?

I don't want to jinx it, but I often click trade-ins on games and let them sit a couple of days before submitting the trade to see if I can find more games to meet the threshold ($60 now). I haven't had any adverse effects yet, it holds the TIV from the day that I added it to the trade-in "cart". I often do this for the DOTD too.

#995 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:50 AM

wow, anyone else's Te stick take forever to ship. Mines not shipping for a week, and I cant even modify the shipping or cancel the order, wont arrive until july 12-14

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#996 supersizerice

supersizerice

Rick my barrs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:53 AM

wow, anyone else's Te stick take forever to ship. Mines not shipping for a week, and I cant even modify the shipping or cancel the order, wont arrive until august 12-14

that's pretty much what happened to me. ordered last week and tracking says ill be getting it next monday.

#997 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:58 AM

So has it or has it not been confirmed if you can get multiple +$30 coupons on the same account?? I know at least two people said they received two codes in the same email, but one person said that only one code worked and the other said both did. Did I miss anything or is that all the information we have so far?

I'm the guy who got two codes in the same email and one didn't work.

I waited a day to see if a separate email would come and it never did. So, I emailed customer service a few hours ago. I'll post an update when I figure out what the deal is.

Is it common for them to send out a promo code that's invalid that like? The message doesn't say its already used, it says it isn't recognized.
Posted Image

#998 Taboner

Taboner

Let's Go Rangers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:00 AM

Just used my final coupon on my Turtle "Bitch" X4. I realized I will probably get DJ Hero for Christmas anyway.

#999 almasy82

almasy82

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:03 AM

I'm the guy who got two codes in the same email and one didn't work.

I waited a day to see if a separate email would come and it never did. So, I emailed customer service a few hours ago. I'll post an update when I figure out what the deal is.

Is it common for them to send out a promo code that's invalid that like? The message doesn't say its already used, it says it isn't recognized.

I got three in one email and one isn't valid. I have emailed/called amazon and will let you know the results as well. Anyway people you can do as many trades on a single account and still get the promo.

#1000 io

io

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:16 AM

Prince of Persia for PS3 is the trade-in deal of the day at $16. It is $17.54 after coupon at GS and seems readily available.

#1001 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:20 AM

Video game deal of the day is Virtua Tennis 2009 for PS3. Buy for 19.98 - 10% ECA = 17.98, trade in for 17.50 to Amazon. Great if you already have Amazon credit, lose 2 dollars, gain 30 dollar coupon.

#1002 mousebites

mousebites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:30 AM

Wow I was just about to trade in pop into game stop. Glad I didn't. I played the game for a hour and hated it.

#1003 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:55 AM

damn, price of persia isn't $18.99 anymore? son of a B****

#1004 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:35 PM

Video game deal of the day is Virtua Tennis 2009 for PS3. Buy for 19.98 - 10% ECA = 17.98, trade in for 17.50 to Amazon. Great if you already have Amazon credit, lose 2 dollars, gain 30 dollar coupon.

Down to $10 now actually.
Posted Image

#1005 antitravolta

antitravolta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:40 PM

Down to $10 now actually.

Yeah, I checked that at 7:15 and it was already down. You late to bed West Coasters have these killed before us early rising East Coasters have a shot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1006 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:34 PM

Yeah, I checked that at 7:15 and it was already down. You late to bed West Coasters have these killed before us early rising East Coasters have a shot.

I'm actually on the East coast and was just up very late lol. How I envy the West coast though for this sole purpose.

#1007 osugsxr

osugsxr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:29 PM

went with the cod hardend edition $45 total for release date shipping. No need for NVGS.... still have $40 in credit, plus another $10 added on for a video game purchase....

#1008 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:56 PM

ALL - OP HAS HANDED OVER THE RESPONSIBILITY OF UPDATING THIS THREAD TO ME.

PLEASE REFER TO THIS NEW THREAD: http://www.cheapassg...696#post6135696

I HOPE I CAN CONTINUE TO DO OP'S EXCELLENT WORK.

MOD, CAN YOU PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD. THANKS.