Xbox 360 Elite Bundles (Fable 2/Halo 3) w/$50 or (Indy/Panda) $70 gift cards @ Amazon

A quick look at the customer reviews state that the bundle does not have the Jasper chipset, but hey, anyone looking to purchase the bundle in the first place can now get it along with the generous gift card (did not like the fact that the games come in one case?! How friggin' cheap is Microsoft for not being able to package both games separately??)

Nice deal. Best deal I've seen yet I believe. Free shipping+no tax for Californians = better deal than the popular Dell.com deals.

A quick look at the customer reviews state that the bundle does not have the
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

[quote name='PVJAG']So is the Halo/Fable II bundle Jasper or what?[/QUOTE]

... doesn't look like it - at least not from Amazon.

I would so jump on this offer. I already have a 360 and I wouldnt mind giving it to my oldest son but I got a trip planned out.

I'm trying to time my new 360 purchase with the demise of my current 20gb O.G 360. It showed sighs on old age and heat exhaustion but its still truckin. In a way I am glad this is not the jaspers because i probably would have bought it and junked or sold mine. I shall wait until Christmas, you know they will have a sweet, cheaper (fingers crossed) bundled jasper elite by then.

Watch out! These are repackaged systems and not Jasper chipsets. They're just new boxes crammed in with the games. I just bought my first xbox last month and made sure I steered clear of this package because dell had a deal on these also. Make sure if you buy through amazon that it says "Latest Model" or "Updated version"

[quote name='CheapyD'][IMG-R=5198]8251[/IMG-R]
clear.gif
Buy an Xbox 360 Elite bundle with Halo 3 and Fable II, get a $50 gift card. Buy an older Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda bundle, get a $70 gift card. Offer ends July 25, 2009.

:360: Xbox 360 Elite $50/$70 Gift Card Promotion
[/QUOTE]

sheeeshh
one of the best deal I've seen yet
too bad, I already bought xbox360 last week!!:wall:

[quote name='CheapyD'][IMG-R=5198]8251[/IMG-R]Buy an Xbox 360 Elite bundle with Halo 3 and Fable II, get a $50 gift card. Buy an older Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda bundle, get a $70 gift card. Offer ends July 25, 2009.

:360: Xbox 360 Elite $50/$70 Gift Card Promotion
[/QUOTE]

Oh, what I would do for a similar type of offer from Amazon for a PS3 bundle. I already own a 360 and I have a $75 console discount code for AMZN that needs to be used up by the end of next month. I'd love to couple that discount with a decent bundle, price cut, or similar offer.

[quote name='NegativeZero']DAYUM!!!! Beat That Sony! Great Deal! Though I'm perfectly happy with My RE5 Elite[/QUOTE]

What does it have to do with Sony?

You fanboy kids can't stay out of any discussion whatsoever, can you?

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']What does it have to do with Sony?

You fanboy kids can't stay out of any discussion whatsoever, can you?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm a fanboy with a PS3 and 360, it has to do with sony in that this is quite a good deal and consumer when looking to purchase a console compare items, and usually they purchase the better deal. By MS having the better deal in comparison to Sony refusing to lower their prices and MS selling more consoles than Sony. That's what is has to do with Sony. When the #'s come out for the month and show how many more consoles MS moved than Sony. That's what it has to do with Sony. Class over.

[quote name='NegativeZero']Yeah I'm a fanboy with a PS3 and 360, it has to do with sony in that this is quite a good deal and consumer when looking to purchase a console compare items, and usually they purchase the better deal. By MS having the better deal in comparison to Sony refusing to lower their prices and MS selling more consoles than Sony. That's what is has to do with Sony. When the #'s come out for the month and show how many more consoles MS moved than Sony. That's what it has to do with Sony. Class over.[/QUOTE]

So sad.

Just because Amazon gives CheapyD a bunch of cash any time one of these is sold doesn't make this a deal. Do a little bit of looking yourself and save some money and get a Jasper.

$181.04 - Jasper Xbox 360 Arcade - Dell - 6/06/2009
$5.98 - HDMI cable - Monoprice - 6/07/2009
$10.98 - New Xbox 360 Headset -
iconamazon.gif
- 6/24/2009
$65 - Genuine 120GB hard drive - eBay - 7/07/2009

Total - $263. I didn't get a network cable because I didn't need one, but if I did I could buy one from Monoprice and still have the total be under $300. You could easily get Fable 2 and Halo 3 cheap with ODST coming soon and Fable 2's universal price drop.

ahhh I have bunch of amazon coupons and credits i want to use but RRoD scares me...

Jasper chips are installed in the new 360s to help against RRoD

[quote name='Doomed']Just because Amazon gives CheapyD a bunch of cash any time one of these is sold doesn't make this a deal. Do a little bit of looking yourself and save some money and get a Jasper.

$181.04 - Jasper Xbox 360 Arcade - Dell - 6/06/2009
$5.98 - HDMI cable - Monoprice - 6/07/2009
$10.98 - New Xbox 360 Headset -
iconamazon.gif
- 6/24/2009
$65 - Genuine 120GB hard drive - eBay - 7/07/2009

Total - $263. I didn't get a network cable because I didn't need one, but if I did I could buy one from Monoprice and still have the total be under $300. You could easily get Fable 2 and Halo 3 cheap with ODST coming soon and Fable 2's universal price drop.[/QUOTE]

Does this include/take into consideration tax and/or S&H?

[quote name='youenvy']whats a jasper chip? sorry if its a stupid question but i have no idea[/QUOTE]
Jasper is basically a processor chip that makes the Xbox 360 run more efficiently. This, combined with a much improved heatsink, will prevent the console from getting the Red Ring of Death from overheating.

[quote name='hypertails02']Jasper is basically a processor chip that makes the Xbox 360 run more efficiently. This, combined with a much improved heatsink, will prevent the console from getting the Red Ring of Death from overheating.[/QUOTE]

I think Jasper just refers to the internal naming of the currently newest revision of the xbox 360 hardware-I am not sure that they have use a different processor chip (I think they may have used the newer 65nm CPU in the previous revision-Zephyr or something) I think Jasper has a newer GPU, and from what I can remember, the GPU is the main culprit behind the RRoD rather than CPU
just my 2 cents

Xenon 360: 90nm CPU / 90nm GPU, 16.5A, 203W PSU, non-HDMI
Zephyr 360: 90nm CPU / 90nm GPU, 16.5A, 203W PSU, HDMI
Falcon 360: 65nm CPU / 90nm GPU, 14.2A, 175W PSU, HDMI (though first batches came with 203W PSU)
Jasper 360: 65nm CPU / 65nm GPU, 12.1A, 150W PSU, HDMI (though first batches came with 175W PSU)

Source: http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3424

Hope you guys find this helpful.

I got a falcon around christmas last year and it's still been going strong.

And even if it does RRoD, you still have the 3 year warranty. Though it will be a pain sending in your system and being xbox-less for weeks.

[quote name='jererjerer']I think Jasper just refers to the internal naming of the currently newest revision of the xbox 360 hardware-I am not sure that they have use a different processor chip (I think they may have used the newer 65nm CPU in the previous revision-Zephyr or something) I think Jasper has a newer GPU, and from what I can remember, the GPU is the main culprit behind the RRoD rather than CPU
just my 2 cents[/QUOTE]
My bad, mixed up GPU w/CPU. I think I was close/had the right idea... :)

bread's done
Back