Uncharted 2 (PS3) - Preorder Bonuses/details (shipping: October 13th)

danny8k

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
504xuncharted2releaseda.jpg

Sony just announced the release date (SHIPPING October 13th) and preorder bonuses depending on different stores:

• Amazon.com - Exclusive UNCHARTED 2 Treasure Map.
    The exclusive UNCHARTED 2 Treasure Map allows players to discover all the hidden treasures throughout the game.
http://www.amazon.com/Uncharted-2-A..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1248192964&sr=8-1

• Game Crazy - Exclusive Currency Multiplier for multiplayer online use.
    The UNCHARTED 2 Currency Multiplier allows gamers to gain in-game currency and unlock bonuses faster than their opponents for a limited period.
http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=14107&LF=STL

• GameStop - Exclusive first access to the Multiplayer Demo and the downloadable Revenge Attribute
    The Revenge Attribute is one of the last boosters that you can unlock in the multiplayer campaign. This bonus allows you to unlock the "Revenge" booster right from the start of your multiplayer campaign.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73462

• Best Buy - Golden Guns for multiplayer mode ^^:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...ted+2&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1218057381930

504xgoldguns.jpg

AK-47:
504xgoldak.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Preordered it from Amazon for $48 shipped after goldbox and ECA discount. Also, the treasure map is the only thing that interests me as I hated the multiplayer in the beta, all everyone did was spawn camp. Co-op is awesome though.

Does GameCrazy hand out the pre-order cards similar to how GameStop is supposed to? What about Best Buy?

I'm assuming you could essentially pre-order at GameStop, GameCrazy & Best Buy and get all 3 of the pre-order codes, then cancel the pre-order?

EDIT: Looks like I was wrong about pre-ordering Uncharted 2 and getting the $10 off a future game -- it's not on the list for some reason, even though there is a link from their pre-order page.

Side note, looks like Best Buy has a similar offer with $10 off a future Video Game purchase ($29.99 or higher) when you pre-order Uncharted 2 or others. Best Buy Pre-Order Offer - $10 off future game

Lol so ridiculous on pre-order bonuses everywhere. It makes me want to strangle companies. Not that this isn't in their interests, but it certainly isn't in mine.

Nice list, thanks. I already pre-ordered from Amazon since it's the cheapest. I guess the map will be the most useful for me right away since I plan to finish the MP campaign completely before jumping into MP.

Hopefully there won't be any annoying MP trophies... NEED THAT PLAT!

What garbage. Loved the first but I HATE pre-order in-game asset bonuses. Give me something tangible, like a figurine or some sort of memorabilia.

I got it $48 with Gold Box + ECA as well.

I hope Uncharted 1 drops soon. I'd like to play/beat that one before I get 2. At the moment it's $56.99... $48 with ECA. I don't want the Greatest Hits version though so I'm not sure when to bite.

[quote name='Vortextk']Lol so ridiculous on pre-order bonuses everywhere. It makes me want to strangle companies. Not that this isn't in their interests, but it certainly isn't in mine.[/QUOTE]

Why? We never used to get them before so how is it not in your best interests to get them now? Seriously, I don't understand people sometimes. They're giving away something for free....if you don't care about that stuff then why does it matter what place you order from? It's not like they increased the price and supplemented with a "freebie".

[quote name='blackwaltz34']october 13?

i hope thats right on time for the toysrus b2g1 free sale since none of the pre-order bonuses are that enticing[/QUOTE]

There's going to be a b2g1 free sale?

[quote name='nightmare452']Preordered it from Amazon for $48 shipped after goldbox and ECA discount. Also, the treasure map is the only thing that interests me as I hated the multiplayer in the beta, all everyone did was spawn camp. Co-op is awesome though.[/QUOTE]

It's a beta for a reason, it's more than likely that the final game is fine tuned to fix the problems in the beta

I think the Amazon one is the least useful since you'll be able to find that info for free all of the internet after release.

You can sell some of the other bonuses if you don't want it.

[quote name='Don G.']Why? We never used to get them before so how is it not in your best interests to get them now? Seriously, I don't understand people sometimes. They're giving away something for free....if you don't care about that stuff then why does it matter what place you order from? It's not like they increased the price and supplemented with a "freebie".[/QUOTE]

The same reason why it's annoying that to get alternate costumes in SFIV, you pay money. Pre-order bonus? Why not just let someone have access to them all, or if you're gonna have like a game map, figurine and bag or something as different bonuses, be one big special edition. We never had them before is BS, because years ago if you got something with a game, you just GOT IT. I do care about "the stuff", and it'd be nice not to have to pick and choose and be forced to pre-order the game.

[quote name='Don G.']There's going to be a b2g1 free sale?[/QUOTE]

theres been one for the past two years. last year, i think it was during mid-october. i hear its their way of making room for all the holiday releases.

hopefully toysrus has it again, so i can pick up uncharted from there.

i have 95 dolalrs best buy gift card and thats the only money i am spending for games this year.have to get uncharted from best buy hope they have good deal.dont want to spend 62 for a game though

[quote name='blackwaltz34']theres been one for the past two years. last year, i think it was during mid-october. i hear its their way of making room for all the holiday releases.

hopefully toysrus has it again, so i can pick up uncharted from there.[/QUOTE]

There's been a B2G1F sale at TRU every year since I've joined CAG, as far as I remember. It's a great sale but there's always 2 problems:
1. The sale happens just before the major holiday season releases (i.e., November) since they're doing it to clear up more space so there's a good chance you'll have most of the big releases already.
2. TRU is notoriously bad for getting new releases long after the release date so you could go in thinking about picking up a certain game and instead find out that they don't have it yet.

[quote name='backseatdog']i had it in my gold box too, but i didn't want it. But now they are offering a treasure map, damn i regret not getting it then.[/QUOTE]

lol

That's a pretty weak bonus from Amazon... I mean, seriously, a video? I'm not a big fan of digital content but I would gladly take the golden guns than a video.

Oh well, doesn't really bother me since I'm getting it for roughly $15 cheaper from Amazon when compared to other stores.

[quote name='Jodou']Meh, will wait on a Black Friday deal. Never played the first and I prefer my 'Tomb Raiders' female and in black. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good luck on waiting an eternity for a deal on a Sony published title. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is still selling for $49.xx on Amazon.

Damn, they're not doing it like the LBP pre-order bonus where you could buy it separately for $5 and then get the code and a shiny new Blu-Ray case for free when they couldn't find the item for in-store pickup. Oh well, not interested in multiplayer on this anyway. I really hope they don't have trophies attached to that crap.

That was one thing Capcom did get right by charging for the online competitive mode.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Yeah, good luck on waiting an eternity for a deal on a Sony published title. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is still selling for $49.xx on Amazon.[/QUOTE]
It did hit $30 once during an Amazon gold box, but yeah -- no skin off my nose since I care very little about it.

[quote name='whoknows']You should care about it. Drakes Fortune is an incredibly awesome game.[/QUOTE]
Maybe so, but it's nothing groundbreaking from the videos I've seen. Copy/paste of Tomb Raider with more Hollywood stunts is what my initial reaction was.

[quote name='Jodou']Maybe so, but it's nothing groundbreaking from the videos I've seen. Copy/paste of Tomb Raider with more Hollywood stunts is what my initial reaction was.[/QUOTE]

You only play groundbreaking games? If so you must not game much. Uncharted 1 is excellent and you're missing out.

[quote name='Jodou']Maybe so, but it's nothing groundbreaking from the videos I've seen. Copy/paste of Tomb Raider with more Hollywood stunts is what my initial reaction was.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you pick it up. The game will definitely hit $30 and under before Uncharted 2 comes. The game is great overall when you factor in the sum of its parts. It seems more engrossing than most action games this genre. Also, to make this clear, this is much better than any Tomb Raider game.

So the only thing that truly an exclusive is the gold guns? The cash and booster can be earned, the demo gets released to everyone, and the treasures can be found in the guide and on the web.

[quote name='hpv']Damn, they're not doing it like the LBP pre-order bonus where you could buy it separately for $5 and then get the code and a shiny new Blu-Ray case for free when they couldn't find the item for in-store pickup. Oh well, not interested in multiplayer on this anyway. I really hope they don't have trophies attached to that crap.

That was one thing Capcom did get right by charging for the online competitive mode.[/QUOTE]

Evan Wells confirmed there will be multiplayer trophies. Although he said they won't be the grinding type.

Horrible selection of bonuses :( I thought Amazon's treasure map is a cloth thingy, but it's a freaking video now? Ewww, no thanks! It will be on YouTube on day one... Hmmm, maybe TRU has one of those $20-$30 GC promotion :lol:

BB is the best. these preorder in-game stuff goes for a lot on ebay these days. i think i'll finally take advantage of it

I think Amazon is the best overall because with goldbox and eca, the total comes out to $48.44 (before tax). Sure beats the price that GS and BB have.

do you need to pre-order at a best buy B&M for the bonus? i see no mention of it at bestbuy.com

I was wondering the same thing after checking out the BB link. Not a whisper of any pre-order goody.

bread's done
Back