Dissidia Final Fantasy $32 @ Amazon After Coupon

Just tried it and it gave me the error "That promotion has not yet begun". I'll probably try again later. Thank you for sharing the code! : )

I ordered this last week when it was in my Gold Box so it came out to $31.44 after the GB discount and ECA. Once this coupon is active will it be possible to easily apply it to my existing order or would I have to wait for it to be in my Gold Box again and re-order, and/or contact Amazon to have it applied?

Wasn't planning on getting any more new release PSP games as they drop in price fast, but if this works with the ECA plus that coupon, consider it bought.

[quote name='bvharris']I ordered this last week when it was in my Gold Box so it came out to $31.44 after the GB discount and ECA. Once this coupon is active will it be possible to easily apply it to my existing order or would I have to wait for it to be in my Gold Box again and re-order, and/or contact Amazon to have it applied?[/QUOTE]
Can't hurt to email them and explain the situation. Hopefully they'll be able to apply the coupon to an already-existing order. I already preordered this with the Quick Picks discount too.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Can't hurt to email them and explain the situation. Hopefully they'll be able to apply the coupon to an already-existing order. I already preordered this with the Quick Picks discount too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll probably do that once the coupon is active. Will also depend on whether it will stack with ECA, still awaiting an answer on that one.

[quote name='bvharris']Thanks, I'll probably do that once the coupon is active. Will also depend on whether it will stack with ECA, still awaiting an answer on that one.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it will stack with ECA, since the terms state "Promotional code may be combined with other coupons or promotional offers."

Like others, I already preordered, so I'll e-mail and ask them to apply it once it's active, otherwise I'll reorder. With ECA & gold box, it will take it down to ~$27. A pleasant surprise since I was ordering from them anways. (Although BB & GS's preorder bonuses seem better than a 10 song CD, can't beat Amazon's price, especially now.)

How much of a discount does the quick picks on Amazon give you? It only seems like 1 or 2% more to me so I usually ignore it.

[quote name='kodave']How much of a discount does the quick picks on Amazon give you? It only seems like 1 or 2% more to me so I usually ignore it.[/QUOTE]

it's always 5% less than whatever price they are selling it for at the time

and if the preorder drops more in price before it comes out they adjust your discount

[quote name='bvharris']I ordered this last week when it was in my Gold Box so it came out to $31.44 after the GB discount and ECA. Once this coupon is active will it be possible to easily apply it to my existing order or would I have to wait for it to be in my Gold Box again and re-order, and/or contact Amazon to have it applied?[/QUOTE]

I think you can go in and apply it to your order. I've applied gift cards before, after the fact of preordering something.

[quote name='mietha']Says the offer has not yet begun.
00.gif
[/QUOTE]

I'll be waiting patiently. I'm looking forward to playing this quite a bit, and the price will be right to boot.

I hope this is a coupon that can be applied to orders which have already been placed... already have an order in at $31.xx, an additional $5 off would be sweet!

[quote name='Hestar']Thanks alot!.I already pre-ordered this off amazon you just saved me 5.00 :).
1.gif
[/QUOTE]

Got this aswell, thank you op.

[quote name='bvharris']You sure you're thinking of the right "ame"?[/QUOTE]
I thought Dissidia was like Super Smash Bros. Final Fantasy style.

Very interesting deal, OP. Thanks!

ignore the user saying its card based. its a grid based action rpg. basically you move along a grid get treasures and fight monsters or other chaos/cosmos chars. you can level up,buy new gear etc...its going to be a great game.

[quote name='Vinny']I hope this is a coupon that can be applied to orders which have already been placed... already have an order in at $31.xx, an additional $5 off would be sweet![/QUOTE]

Taken from Amazon: "Note: Promotional certificates and gift cards may be redeemed only when the order is originally placed. Also, you can apply gift card balances only to items listed as 'not yet shipped.'" I'm guessing that means if you already placed the order you can't use the code unless you cancel the order and place it again. Figures I'd get the game as one of my "quick picks" 2 days before the code supposedly goes live too... :wall:

[quote name='bigl523']Anyone know if Amazon is going to get the Dissidia PSP bundle?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop exclusive, unfortunately.

This code goes active on my b-day. Thanks for the gift Amazon (and OP). ;)

[quote name='Vector']Taken from Amazon: "Note: Promotional certificates and gift cards may be redeemed only when the order is originally placed. Also, you can apply gift card balances only to items listed as 'not yet shipped.'" I'm guessing that means if you already placed the order you can't use the code unless you cancel the order and place it again. Figures I'd get the game as one of my "quick picks" 2 days before the code supposedly goes live too... :wall:[/QUOTE]
Well I plan to email support right away on the 24th and ask them to apply the coupon to my existing order. I'll let the thread know how it goes.

If they won't do it... I guess we have another month for it to show up in Quick Picks again. :p

For anyone wondering if they should pre-order this game, there will be a demo for it on the PSN store this week, so you can play it and decide if you like it.

[quote name='gauu']ignore the user saying its card based. its a grid based action rpg. basically you move along a grid get treasures and fight monsters or other chaos/cosmos chars. you can level up,buy new gear etc...its going to be a great game.[/QUOTE]

Reaaaaaaally :) Sounds potentially interesting. I thought it was just some dull fighting game too.

Hmm...

[quote name='gauu']ignore the user saying its card based. its a grid based action rpg. basically you move along a grid get treasures and fight monsters or other chaos/cosmos chars. you can level up,buy new gear etc...its going to be a great game.[/QUOTE]

While there *is* a grid to move along between battles, there's no way I'd consider this a "grid-based action RPG". It's basically a fighting game (with a unique, crappy combat system) with RPG elements.

Honestly, I was really, really disappointed in this game. The story is nonexistent (your standard "believe in your friends" BS), the music remixes are mostly trash, and most important of all, the gameplay is fairly simplistic, repetitive, and often luck-based. Oh, and the villains don't get a story mode, and they're only playable in Versus Mode, after being unlocked.

The only real things I can praise about this sloppy mess of a game are its beautiful graphics and the bevy of unlockables available. Pity you have to slog through an un-fun, shallow, repetitive game to experience the latter.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']While there *is* a grid to move along between battles, there's no way I'd consider this a "grid-based action RPG". It's basically a fighting game (with a unique, crappy combat system) with RPG elements.

Honestly, I was really, really disappointed in this game. The story is nonexistent (your standard "believe in your friends" BS), the music remixes are mostly trash, and most important of all, the gameplay is fairly simplistic, repetitive, and often luck-based. Oh, and the villains don't get a story mode, and they're only playable in Versus Mode, after being unlocked.

The only real things I can praise about this sloppy mess of a game are its beautiful graphics and the bevy of unlockables available. Pity you have to slog through an un-fun, shallow, repetitive game to experience the latter.[/QUOTE]

Thanks...that's more what I was expecting from it :cry:

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']While there *is* a grid to move along between battles, there's no way I'd consider this a "grid-based action RPG". It's basically a fighting game (with a unique, crappy combat system) with RPG elements.

The only real things I can praise about this sloppy mess of a game are its beautiful graphics and the bevy of unlockables available. Pity you have to slog through an un-fun, shallow, repetitive game to experience the latter.[/QUOTE]

About what I was expecting from the game based on the videos I've seen. Still going to give the demo a whirl to see if I like it or not.

bread's done
Back