Photo
- - - - -

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey -Replacement soundtrack CD available- Out now!

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#61 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:41 AM

Shuld be getting this today. release date delivery ftw.

#62 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:52 PM

http://www.atlus.com/strangejourneycd/

The soundtrack CD that came with the games is defective (It only plays on computers, you would need to burn it to a CD-R/RW to play it in a CD player). Luckily, Atlus is offering a replacement soundtrack CD that fixes this problem, and its available at the above link.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#63 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:00 AM

Clearly Atlus did it on purpose to get address/billing info from people!

#64 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:55 AM

out of stock.

me thinks that alot of people who didn't buy the game, put an order through :|

#65 fnord

fnord

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:02 PM

Just got an order in for my replacement disc. Thanks Cao Cao

#66 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:03 PM

Wow. Between this and the Demon's Souls strategy guide thing, Atlus must be spending a fortune on fixing these screw-ups.

My copy of Strange Journey hasn't actually arrived yet (Amazon has been really slow to ship for some reason -- they've still got it as "being prepared for shipment" even though it was a pre-order!), but I'm assuming this is a universal issue, so I went ahead and ordered my replacement.

#67 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:19 PM

out of stock.

me thinks that alot of people who didn't buy the game, put an order through :|

As fnord and arcane93 implied above, it's now back in stock. So folks, if you have the game, I recommend putting in an order before/if it goes out of stock again.

#68 Cheska19

Cheska19

Fang Banger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:26 PM

The soundtrack no longer even seems to be included with the game. Guess Amazon got word about the screw-up.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#69 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:33 PM

The soundtrack no longer even seems to be included with the game. Guess Amazon got word about the screw-up.

Well that is a bummer. I planned to get the game eventually, and did not care about the soundtrack only working in a PC, since that is exactly where it would have been going. Oh well.

#70 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:38 PM

What? You got it from Amazon and it didn't have the disc?

I was promised a soundtrack with my pre-order, which was placed over two months before the release date. Amazon still has not shipped my order for some reason, but when it does finally arrive, it had goddamn well better have a soundtrack with it. Even if Amazon did "get word" of the issue, they have no business removing it from the shipment if that's what they're doing.

And yes, it does matter despite the replacement offer, because from what their site says, Atlus is only sending a replacement of the disc, not the sleeve for it.

I almost wonder, though, if this unusual delay in shipment from Amazon might mean that they're waiting for replacements from Atlus. Would be nice if they'd send some kind of notice if that's the case.

Edited by arcane93, 26 March 2010 - 08:49 PM.

#71 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:47 PM

Amazon is usually pretty good about sending pre-order bonuses, even if they have removed the notice from the web site. When I ordered Metroid Prime Trilogy during that B2G1 sale last October/November, I was surprised that they sent me the pre-order bonus poster with it.

Besides, Atlus usually packages the CD with the game itself for all launch copies, like they did with the soundtrack for SRT OG Saga.

#72 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

Amazon is usually pretty good about sending pre-order bonuses, even if they have removed the notice from the web site. When I ordered Metroid Prime Trilogy during that B2G1 sale last October/November, I was surprised that they sent me the pre-order bonus poster with it.

Besides, Atlus usually packages the CD with the game itself for all launch copies, like they did with the soundtrack for SRT OG Saga.

Oh, heh. I assumed that they had meant that they had actually gotten a copy of the game that didn't have the soundtrack with it. But you're right, maybe they just meant that it was removed from the web site.

#73 Cheska19

Cheska19

Fang Banger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:34 PM

^Sorry, that's what I meant. I checked on Strange Journey after it had already been released and they were still offering the soundtrack even if you had not pre-ordered it, but it's been taken down from the website.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#74 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:42 PM

Well, one thing good about Amazon's shipping delay . . . At some point their price on the site dropped to $29.99 (from $34.82 in my pre-order). Of course it didn't auto-adjust (probably because they were in the "preparing to ship" stage, which it's been in for three days now), so I had to call them.

Had no problem getting the price adjustment, but when I asked the guy that I spoke to why it hadn't shipped yet, he didn't seem to be able to understand the question. He kept trying to tell to me that with super saver shipping it could take 5-9 days to get to me after it leaves the warehouse. I tried to explain to him that I knew that, but that what I wanted to know was why it hadn't even left the warehouse yet. After a few attempts, I just gave up.

Oh well, at least I got the price adjustment, which I guess I wouldn't have gotten if they had shipped already. The game will end up sitting in my backlog at least until I finish Lunar: Silver Star Harmony anyway, so I suppose it doesn't matter.

#75 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:54 PM

This is now tempting me at $29.99. What a $5 price drop will do to you...
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#76 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:12 AM

This is now tempting me at $29.99. What a $5 price drop will do to you...

You could have got it for $28 earlier using a gamestop promo code. The only things holding me back are that I have a ton of games to still beat and very little time to play anything thanks to all of my college work. Factor in that I am taking a full slate of summer classes to speed things along and I will have zero time over the summer too.

If we are lucky maybe amazon will do a lightning deal on this like they did for Persona PSP.

#77 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:12 AM

Thanks to the person who posted about the CD. I just got the game today so I'm going to test out the soundtrack if it works or not.

I can wait to play. :D I'm going to have to rush on pkmn. >.< Did you guys get the poster? If no one told me it was behind the coverart then I would have never noticed.

#78 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:54 AM

Does the game come in a premium box with the soundtrack CD inside? Or the just the game itself with the CD shrinkwrapped to its back? I can't find an actual pic of the game packaging.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#79 Alastor

Alastor

Jackpot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:25 AM

It comes in a box w/ the soundtrack cd inside.

#80 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:07 PM

Hopefully this link works, but I took a picture of the soundtrack, game case, and big outer box.

Of note: The manual is thick enough to beat small rodents.

I'm enjoying the game so far. My MC is about level 35, and I've got roughly 30% of the Demons registered. The worlds are pretty entertaining, and it's pretty standard demon conversation stuff. It definitely has that SMT difficulty, at least at the beginning of each section. One thing I do need to start doing is using that Demon Password system. I have a pretty good Black Frost that I'm using, so I could always post that.

For anyone that might want a very abridged (and spoiler free) walkthrough, check out the Strange Journey wiki. The side quests (known as Extra Missions, or Exmissions) section is pretty incomplete, but it has maps to help you find hidden stuff if you're stumped.
Posted Image

#81 thwak

thwak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:46 AM

Yeah I've been enjoying the hell out of this game.

you always have something to do, which makes the grind fest portion of the game feel less like a grind fest because you're always doing something instead of grinding just for the sake of grinding.

#82 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:49 AM

hows the story

#83 thwak

thwak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:49 AM

hows the story

Pretty good so far.

It's definitely more shin megami tensei mythology meets science fiction than something like persona.

To summerize what's going on, you're screwed. Like really really screwed, you couldn't possibly be more screwed than how screwed you are now. And it's you and the rest of the crew on your ship trying to figure out a way to get out of this predicament while at the same time being brought into this war between the forces of hell and heaven.

#84 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:54 AM

Not enough discussion :cry:

Anyhow, thought I'd add a few useful links for people, as some of this stuff can be pretty damn tough to figure out.

Namely I'm talking about the side missions (known as Extra Missions, shortened via portmanteau to Exmission) but I found some great forum posts (here and here).

I should also add that the bosses are getting into official SMT difficulty. I'm up to the 6th dungeon (real dungeon, I don't count one area that's only two small floors) and have died at least three times to each boss (often times much closer to 10).

Story is pretty decent. The characters can be somewhat bland, but I'm enjoying the overall plot. The different areas, or at least the first five, are pretty varied and were pretty good when I took time to think about them as a whole. I have entered the grindtastic portion though (level 60 currently) so the real fun begins. That's without even mentioning the amount of macca I have to grind so that I can summon different demons for specific boss encounters while also having enough to buy swords/armor/guns/sub-apps.
Posted Image

#85 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:00 AM

I just started this yesterday and got through the first dungeon. I'm enjoying it thus far.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#86 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:08 AM

I stumbled on an amazing site for those playing the game. Just like many sites have done before for Persona 3/4, Devil Summoner, and main MegaTen games, it tells what result you get when fusing certain demons, what demons you'll need to fuse a desired one (Demon Fission), along with a complete list of Special Fusions and the Demon Compendium. It even has a section that will list what demons absorb/reflect/null/ or are strong to elements/physical.

It's pretty much the ultimate source for Strange Journey - here.
Posted Image

#87 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:21 PM

My replacement soundtrack CD arrived today -- it is indeed an audio CD this time.

#88 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:30 PM

also received my cd today :D

#89 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:49 PM

recieved my 2 soundtracks, dont even own the game, but hey be nice in the collection
Posted Image

#90 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:04 AM

recieved my 2 soundtracks, dont even own the game, but hey be nice in the collection

Douchebag.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.