• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:56 AM

It's $29.99 on PSN.

Good to see that the release was wrong. Still wish d/l versions weren't as high as new UMDs.

#32 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:37 AM

Good to see that the release was wrong. Still wish d/l versions weren't as high as new UMDs.

Downloads cannot be priced lower than UMDs/retail versions because retailers who sell the UMD will get angry at the publisher/Sony. It's kind of like if a store's biggest competitor priced their games half off of them, causing them to have tiny profit margins or no profit margins, along with struggling to push out stock. It's why PS Video Store, Xbox 360 game downloads, PS3 game downloads, and PSP game downloads are priced about the same as the disc. Only way they can price cheap is if there's no retail version.

Anyway, I bought the PSN version of the game. I somewhat liked the demo, but not the biggest fan. So far, I'm really loving it. Really different and refreshing RPG.
Posted Image

#33 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:18 AM

I am so addicted. I hope this is the start of a franchise. I just figured out that there are different paths you can take depending on how you finish a level (I'm a little slow) and I have yet to try any mode other than hero. I'm up to XXV.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#34 basilofbkrst

basilofbkrst

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:34 AM

Iv played Princess and Evil Lord. Haven't touched Hero yet. It's pretty much the best game to ever touch PSP though.

#35 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:50 AM

Sounds very interesting. It might be the first game I purchase for my PSP!

(I have two games...but they were free.)

#36 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:44 AM

I am so addicted. I hope this is the start of a franchise. I just figured out that there are different paths you can take depending on how you finish a level (I'm a little slow) and I have yet to try any mode other than hero. I'm up to XXV.

In the Hero 30 mode there are about 50 levels when you count all the alternate paths you can take.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#37 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:06 PM

Is there ever a point where you can go back in time but keep your equipment/weapons? I don't see how achieving some of the target times is possible unless you can skip leveling up.

It is definitely one of the best games on PSP - I'm not sure why there is no hype. This is why the PSP struggles - they have great games that work perfectly on a handheld (Exit, Everyday Shooter, HSG, etc.) and they don't get promoted but they shove GTA down our throats when most everyone would rather play that on a proper console.

#38 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:12 PM

Is there ever a point where you can go back in time but keep your equipment/weapons? I don't see how achieving some of the target times is possible unless you can skip leveling up.

No you can't. You'd be surprised at how underleveled you can beat the bosses when you have an herb with you. The target times don't get you anything in the game besides self satisfaction, though. They may unlock a title or two, but besides that, nothing.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#39 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:33 PM

No you can't. You'd be surprised at how underleveled you can beat the bosses when you have an herb with you. The target times don't get you anything in the game besides self satisfaction, though. They may unlock a title or two, but besides that, nothing.

Cool. I just tried Hero 30 II a bunch of times to get the title for beating it under 30 seconds and I had to be extremely efficient by using the dash button and leaving just enough HP to beat the boss. I got it in like 28:XX after 3 or 4 times of 32:XX. I really like the challenge. PSP Game of the Year, IMO, and I haven't even touched Princess 30 and Evil Lord 30 yet.

#40 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:50 PM

I just finished Hero 30 XXX. It was great from start to finish. Is there an easy way to tell which levels have the branching paths? I only found one and I want to play all of the levels. Should I consult a FAQ or is there an easy in-game way to tell? I don't want to know how, I just want to know which levels (I like figuring them out on my own).

I guess I'll start on Princess 30 and Evil Lord 30 now...

#41 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:38 PM

You would probably be better off just looking at an FAQ.

I enjoyed EvilLord30 a lot, especially for the great writing. Princess30 and Knight30 definitely aren't as good as the first two, but it picks up at the end.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#42 Homerun17

Homerun17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:02 AM

Hero 3 is making me claw my eyes out....UGH
Posted ImagePosted Image

#43 bigl523

bigl523

Will work for video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:08 PM

It's an Amazon DOTD at $18.98 today only.

http://www.amazon.co...58564057&sr=8-1
Posted Image

#44 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:57 PM

Fucking pissed that I used my $20 MW2 credit on The Force Unleashed instead of this. *cries*

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#45 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 25 November 2009 - 06:35 PM

This game is awesome. That is all.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#46 Droenixjpn

Droenixjpn

The Waiting Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2009 - 05:44 AM

Is it worth the 30 dollar pricetag, plus how much of gameplay do you get out of it?

I am thinking of picking this up, but for 30 dollars I'm kind of iffy about this.

#47 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:02 AM

I think it's easily worth the $30. It's about 15 hours to beat the game and probably closer to 20 to get all of the extras.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#48 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:06 PM

Enjoyed what I played while on my trip. I finished Princess 30 and am a little under halfway through Hero 30. I really don't like Evil Lord 30.

#49 SentryOmega

SentryOmega

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:08 AM

Is it worth the 30 dollar pricetag, plus how much of gameplay do you get out of it?

I am thinking of picking this up, but for 30 dollars I'm kind of iffy about this.

Same thoughts here as well. Love this game with pretty much the same thoughts about Hero 30 and Evil Lord 30 as everyone else. If I decide to get this game it'll be more towards Christmas or later though.

#50 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:38 PM

Absolutely loved the demo but I cannot bring myself to pay $30+ for any PSP game. Wish I had grabbed this when it was DOTD.

#51 SentryOmega

SentryOmega

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:14 AM

Absolutely loved the demo but I cannot bring myself to pay $30+ for any PSP game. Wish I had grabbed this when it was DOTD.

Yeah $30 is a lot. Thankfully if I were to buy it would only be a few more dollars compared to Amazon because I'm stuck with the DD version of the game (yay for the Go!).
You're a dual-layer hater and you pay a lot for the media.

#52 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:41 PM

I ALMOST got a Go, I prefer DD myself but damn those prices are just frustrating.

#53 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:05 AM

Just beat it
Spoiler
. Awesome game. Took me over 15 hours too.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#54 Droenixjpn

Droenixjpn

The Waiting Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:22 AM

Hmm 15 hours of gameplay... Hmm... Well I dunno, 2 dollars for an hour seems mehh.. But 15 hours is pretty good.

How's the replay value? If it has replay value, then my opinion will be swayed.

#55 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:57 AM

Hmm 15 hours of gameplay... Hmm... Well I dunno, 2 dollars for an hour seems mehh.. But 15 hours is pretty good.

How's the replay value? If it has replay value, then my opinion will be swayed.

It all depends on if you are a perfectionist and want the best times and all the titles.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi