CAGcast #167: No Receipt, No Returns, No Brains

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#61 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:30 PM

Again, I never said it was intentional. I suggested that you two fact check before airing; this rant was more targeted toward Strife. Just clarifying the misinformation or something similar on a future podcast would have been enough on your end.

Even if the misinformation wasn't intentional, it doesn't mean these things should slide. I've been listening for 2 years and I don't plan on stopping unless it really goes down the shit hole.

Well we do discuss shit and holes too often so its only a matter of time ;), Usickenme is right I am too thin-skinned

#62 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:31 PM

What "blatant lies" are you referring to Prin? You make it sound like this is a regular occurrence.

#63 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

So clearly, when every single fucking game that was on sale during the Summer PSN Sale had a demo, none of them that Strife2004?? was interested in had a demo.

Not every PSN has a demo because Sony, unlike MS, don't require it.

Stop being a whiny douche.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#64 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:42 PM

Well we do discuss shit and holes too often so its only a matter of time ;), Usickenme is right I am too thin-skinned

on the positive side, that's also what make you endearing.

#65 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:44 PM

Not every PSN has a demo because Sony, unlike MS, don't require it.

Stop being a whiny douche.

Since when did calling people out when they're wrong being whiny? Clearly you don't give a damn cause you're not on a show, but as hosts they really do have a responsibility to be as accurate as possible. Believe it or not.

I'm sorry for holding them to higher standards.

The games that are worth playing have demos. Even then, it doesn't matter what platform it is, I don't need demos to tell me I won't like the game, or that it's crap for that matter.

Defynorz.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#66 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:54 PM

The games that are worth playing have demos. Even then, it doesn't matter what platform it is, I don't need demos to tell me I won't like the game, or that it's crap for that matter.

This is priceless. :lol:

You really need to get over the fact that every game having a demo is objectively better than only some games having a demo. It's cool that you have a special power that lets you know how a game plays without actually playing it, but most people are not so fortunate. :roll:

#67 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:00 PM

Great show guys. Glad you liked Watchmen, Cheapy, finally a movie we can agree on, now if only you would say the same about latest Indiana Jones movie...

Great story Wombat, I hate it when stupid retail employees are slow and don't know their stores' own policy. I would have pitched a fit, got my refund, spoke with another manager to the tune of "I spend several thousand dollars here a year, my family and I are taking my business elsewhere."

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#68 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:03 PM

This is priceless. :lol:

You really need to get over the fact that every game having a demo is objectively better than only some games having a demo. It's cool that you have a special power that lets you know how a game plays without actually playing it, but most people are not so fortunate. :roll:

Half the games on XBL and PSN are flash and shockwave games ported over. So no, I don't need a demo to tell me I'm not gonna buy them. Original IPs all have demos.

All games having demos is definitely better than some. I'm not gonna argue that. To me, that's not worth 50 bucks a year. To each his own.

It's fine, no more suggestions on how the show could be better. Enjoy listening.

Defynorz.png

#69 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:33 PM

Again, I never said it was intentional. I suggested that you two fact check before airing; this rant was more targeted toward Strife. Just clarifying the misinformation or something similar on a future podcast would have been enough on your end.

It doesn't take very long to log onto PSN and check to see the demos there. I doubt you're gonna argue there aren't people out there who talk shit out of their asses just because they can. There is no credibility to anything people say on the internet unless it's backed up; just don't believe everything people say as if they were true.

Even if the misinformation wasn't intentional, it doesn't mean these things should slide. I've been listening for 2 years and I don't plan on stopping unless it really goes down the shit hole.

LOL what I find funny about personal comments like this is the simple fact that you are talking about a podcast that has talked in the past about toilets, farts, baby puke and a various other bodily fluids. The CAG cast stands out from all the rest for being different from other podcasts.

So stand being a fanboy and chillout man.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#70 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:48 PM

@ PrinnyOtaku: How about you keep making suggestions, but refrain from calling the hosts "MS fanboys" and accusing them of "spewing out random lies"?

#71 Jazar

Jazar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:08 PM

It would be a good point about XBL being worth the $$ because of demos on all XBLA games if that wasn't a feature for silver as well as gold accounts. You don't have to pay a dime to try the demos on XBLA.

And Wombat how is it that you haven't watched the Watchmen yet?

#72 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:42 PM

@ PrinnyOtaku: How about you keep making suggestions, but refrain from calling the hosts "MS fanboys" and accusing them of "spewing out random lies"?

Kinda confused why everyone keeps thinking the comments about fanboys were directed towards the hosts. The person who made the initial comment is the "fanboy" and the one with false information. Cheapy and Wombat just echoed him.

On the same note, when XBL had a sale for Ikaruga I wanted to buy it but the discount is only for Gold members. Am sad :cry:

Defynorz.png

#73 zenprime

zenprime

A cat is fine too

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:18 PM

Oh man I was right with Cheapy on thinking G-Force was Gatchaman when I first heard about it. Damn them! Somebody get me a 6-pack of lawyers!

I have to say about the whole demo deal on PSN, it would be nice if all games have demos, I'm sure it would give a lot of games a kick in the pants when it comes to sales. The only PSN game I've ever bought without a demo that I've regretted would have be the Locoroco one.

Oh can someone shut up Michael Practer? Don't care how often he's wrong or right, it just seems everytime he opens his mouth to say the bleeding obvious, the blogs all cover it like it's actual news.

Anyway, great show Wombat and Cheapy.

nyanya.gif

gallery_112191_5372_1370779853_8521.gif

#74 FecesBreath

FecesBreath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:52 PM

Wombat, if you REALLY don't wanna answers CAGbag questions, just say so. It's been 3 CAGcasts in a row where you either give Cheapy the hint to wrap it up or flat out say that you don't want to answer any more questions.

I know the CAGcast takes a lot outta you because you record late at night on the east cost, but if its such a problem then record at another time. Or maybe you are "social media'd out" from talking to so many CAGs on Twitter, Facebook, etc.

It's not very pleasant to hear you complaining about how you want to end the show immediately. Just sayin'.

#75 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:52 AM

Wombat, if you REALLY don't wanna answers CAGbag questions, just say so. It's been 3 CAGcasts in a row where you either give Cheapy the hint to wrap it up or flat out say that you don't want to answer any more questions.

I know the CAGcast takes a lot outta you because you record late at night on the east cost, but if its such a problem then record at another time. Or maybe you are "social media'd out" from talking to so many CAGs on Twitter, Facebook, etc.

It's not very pleasant to hear you complaining about how you want to end the show immediately. Just sayin'.

I love the cagbag, it really just a tired thing, I'm up at 5:30 am so by 10:30 my answers are basically just gibberish

#76 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:05 AM

The argument for not buying the Wii Motion Plus is stupid. Did you boycott Fable 2 because Peter Molyneux lied about what could happen in the game? Did you skip Metal Gear Solid 4 because Metal Gear Solid 2 was supposed to be Hideo Kojima's last Metal Gear Solid game? You should have skipped buying a PS3 and Wii entirely, after all, the controllers shown at E3 weren't the same as the final designs shipped to stores.

sig.gif

#77 BigBizzee

BigBizzee

I feel asleep....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:08 AM

Even though I joined CAG quite a while ago, I just recently became more active, and even more recently started listening to the CAGcast. To be honest, I think some of you are missing the point of the show. If the CAGcast is where some of you get your "unbiased 100% totally correct reviews and industry information", then you need to wake up.

I love the show, and I know I won't agree with Cheapy and Wombat all the time, and I understand they (like the rest of us) might not be totally correct with every little tidbit of info. Show feedback is a place to come in and let them know about it...but the bitching is just stupid. Get a grip.

Anyhow, about the whole "being grumpy about the WiiMotion Plus being something that SHOULD have been in the Wiimote to begin with"...I agree that's kind of a silly reason for not buying it. A better reason is that the controls on the WiiMotion plus STILL don't make it fun.

I play a decent amount of golf in real life (about a 15-20 handicap), and I played some Tiger Woods 2010 on Wii - it's not even CLOSE to the real thing, so I don't get the point of trying to MAKE it like the real thing. You can't half-ass something like "realism". I don't blame the Wiimote or the Wiimotion plus though - it's the way VIDEO GAMES are played. They are VIDEO GAMES on a TV screen - they CANNOT duplicate a real life event. It's pointless to try...so companies should simply stick to making controls that make the game fun...they don't have to try and be "real". Some games CAN be fun on the Wii (Zelda and Mario Galaxy use it decent enough, in limited amounts)...but REALISM is not what the Wii or the Wiimote need.

I bought the PS3 Tiger, and after reading reviews I sold it to buy the Wii Tiger. After playing it for a couple of hours, I returned it and got the PS3 version again. It's 1000x more fun.

#78 ShinAkumA21

ShinAkumA21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:00 PM

LEAVE Wii ALONNNEEEEEE!!!!! :cry:

Cheapy, if the Xbox had balls you'll be sucking on them ... oh wait Milo... you're going to be sucking on virtual balls soon lol

Since the Trixie interview Wombat has been acting like a Diva demanding new games for free :lol:

#79 panurge

panurge

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:03 PM

Sony            Nintendo          Microsoft            Total
Y/E 1998 $902,811,090 $1,023,333,867 $1,926,144,957
Y/E 1999 $1,102,563,557 $1,301,350,000 $2,403,913,557
Y/E 2000 $722,738,949 $1,368,207,547 $2,090,946,497
Y/E 2001 -$449,776,290 $677,576,000 $227,799,710
Y/E 2002 $629,101,056 $895,872,180 -$1,135,000,000 $389,973,237
Y/E 2003 $935,569,253 $834,333,333 -$1,191,000,000 $578,902,586
Y/E 2004 $627,195,212 $993,161,303 -$1,337,000,000 $283,356,515
Y/E 2005 $419,888,799 $1,056,056,202 -$539,000,000 $936,945,001
Y/E 2006 $69,129,058 $774,478,055 -$1,339,000,000 -$495,392,887
Y/E 2007 -$1,970,923,859 $1,914,666,388 -$1,969,000,000 -$2,025,257,471
Y/E 2008 -$1,079,994,103 $4,322,637,887 $426,000,000 $3,668,643,783
Y/E 2009 -$577,207,240 $5,691,428,301

Total
$1,331,095,482 $20,853,101,065 -$6,786,000,000 $15,101,104,710

MSOFT can only report that $426m profit for '08 because of the $0.5bn write off for the RROD fiasco. In the real world they've never made a dime from the console business.

#80 panurge

panurge

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:11 PM

I love the show, and I know I won't agree with Cheapy and Wombat all the time, and I understand they (like the rest of us) might not be totally correct with every little tidbit of info. Show feedback is a place to come in and let them know about it...but the bitching is just stupid. Get a grip.

I love the show too, but it's often at its best when its not about videogames - naked pizza guy, giant bag of weed, etc. Cheapy and Wombay quite obviously had no idea what they were talking about with regard to the Gears map packs so who exactly was served by that conversation? If they couldn't be bothered to do the research then what is the point in the discussion. The audience, and more importantly the podcast itself, would have been far better served by a discussion about something else.

#81 terpkristin

terpkristin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:37 PM

Really not sure why, this week's show seemed pretty low-energy. I ended up shutting it off about 20 minutes in, just couldn't dig, it was putting me to sleep.

Sorry.

/tk
terpkristin
Find me on XBLA and PSN as terpkristin
Wii: 4059 1919 9282 7625
Now Playing: trying to go through the stack of games...
Trying to update the blog regularly.. http://gimpygal.blogspot.com
http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/

#82 Hiei69

Hiei69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:46 PM

It was worth listening to this Cagcast just to hear the McDonald's conversation lol. "There's actually juice coming out of it!" Oh wow...
Currently Playing: :wii: Rhythm Heaven Fever :pc: Pixel Junk Eden
:pc: Rock of Ages :pc: Skyrim :psp: Corpse Party
Rayman Origins, Lumines Electronic Symphony, and Hot Shots Golf on the Vita

#83 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:48 PM

Wombat you talked about how the old dashboard launched your game right when you turned on your 360. You can go into system settings and have it do that still.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#84 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:28 PM

Great show guys, remember to do that 360 vista video Cheapy and I enjoyed the recent flood of Taispot videos.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#85 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:07 PM

Wombat you talked about how the old dashboard launched your game right when you turned on your 360. You can go into system settings and have it do that still.

On the show I was talking about the current dash, not the old one

#86 Lavron415

Lavron415

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:07 AM

That one was too long! I couldn't make it through all 104 minutes! Ahhhhh!

#87 Lavron415

Lavron415

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:18 AM

Great topics for discussion though. I enjoyed about 70 minutes of it!
I'M SO CHEAP LOOK AT MY WALL POST http://www.cheapassg...er.php?u=217756

#88 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:38 AM

Good show; however, Wombat and Cheapy both confused the hell out of me. First Cheapy was talking about how someone said that Madden 10 bundle was going to be released in a PSP Slim bundle. This makes perfect sense, but I feel as though Cheapy was mistaking the PSP Slim for a PSP Go? Why else would this be news?

Wombat's talk of the all fronts map pack even got me confused, best journalism on the web though, keep up the half ass work guys!!

Oh and as for Gwen her death was way better in the current Marvel Universe than the Ultimate Universe. Bitch did not last long at all in the Ultimate Universe....
[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]

#89 deszaras

deszaras

Wait...what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:50 AM

About the Marvel movies,
Spider-man 3 sucked for a couple reasons. It felt like there was too much going on, too quickly. As much as the Gwen Stacy stuff Wombat mentioned annoyed me, emo Parker was the worst thing. It was so painful I felt embarassed as a Spider-man fan even watching it by myself.
I love the Iron Man movie and like it better than both the new Batman movies despite liking Batman as a character more than Iron Man.
I'm one of few that liked the first Hulk movie(up until weird ass stuff at the end), the new one was damn awesome. It's one of my favorite movies of the past couple of years. The hair on the back of my next stands up every time I hear him say "Hulk Smash" towards the end.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#90 deszaras

deszaras

Wait...what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:56 AM

Oh yea, I agree that podcasts have taken the role of reviews for me. I don't look at reviews much at all outside of what I find here and Joystiq. I never check Metacritic. I listen to your impressions and other podcasts to get a more beneficial impression of the game. The only time I'll search out a review is for an older game.

Thanks CheapyD, I'm hooked on True Blood now.
Posted Image
Posted Image