GoGamer MegaMadness!

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 zalman

zalman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:48 PM

Might be in for Fallout Collection and GTA Classics.

Just a heads up that the original GTA and GTA2 (but not the GTA London Expansion pack) are free downloads from Rockstar Classics

http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/

#62 gibbyva

gibbyva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:54 PM

Picked up Zoids & Supreme Commander, had all the newer stuff listed already. Some good deals though. Wish the Watchmen PS3 version would've had the same sale price.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#63 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:57 PM

It's been explained that these sales probably couldn't be so good, if they had free shipping, too.

Some people just have an irrational need to see those two magic words "free shipping" regardless of the final price. I think that some people on here would be more inclined to buy a game for $10 with free shipping than the same game for $5 with $3 shipping in a blind comparison.

#64 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:17 PM

Some people just have an irrational need to see those two magic words "free shipping" regardless of the final price. I think that some people on here would be more inclined to buy a game for $10 with free shipping than the same game for $5 with $3 shipping in a blind comparison.

No, we just prefer not to deal with 'hidden fees' at the checkout. Case-in-point, PoP is cheaper at Newegg by a dollar because of the $3 shipping (they ship by media mail too, so the cost is heavily padded to offset sale prices; good marketing move by them).

#65 pokadotpowerpuff

pokadotpowerpuff

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:25 PM

I am fine with paying shipping but not when companies rip me off just because I live in Hawaii. Gogamer charged me extra for shipping to Hawaii when it's not really needed now I am not saying it's just them, plenty of other retailers take advantage of it just because we are an ocean away. However I mailed stuff to and from Hawaii all the time and shipping doesn't cost more than 20-30 cents than shipping from mainland to mainland. Yet we get stuck with a huge fee >_>, this is why I love shopping at Amazon since they don't discriminate against the 50th state >_> altho prime isn't elligible here but FSSS is.

#66 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:46 PM

First off I want to thank Go Gamer for their great service.

Despite them not shipping my Play and Charge kit 1 month and 13 days after I ordered it, they canceled it and issued me a refund without a hassle. You guys bring me great deals and I hope to buy from you in the future.

#67 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:30 AM

No, we just prefer not to deal with 'hidden fees' at the checkout. Case-in-point, PoP is cheaper at Newegg by a dollar because of the $3 shipping (they ship by media mail too, so the cost is heavily padded to offset sale prices; good marketing move by them).

The shipping costs are not so much 'hidden' as variable.
If you just bought the one game - yes. Shop with Newegg and save the dollar. I bought three games, so I saved an amazing 9 cents...but got two other games Newegg didn't have a deal on.

#68 fastitocalon

fastitocalon

I am red cyclone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:48 AM

Does anyone know if the NCSoft cards will for sure work with Aion when it comes out?

#69 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:16 AM

I'm gonna grab Mirror's Edge and Prince of Persia tomorrow if they are still in stock
Missed both the first time around, glad to see they are back on sale :)
Posted Image

#70 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:27 AM

Just an FYI there are some issues with running Mirrors Edge on 64-bit Vista, posted earlier in the thread by me. There doesn't seem to be a clear solution either which sucks.
Space for Rent:lol:

#71 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:33 AM

Lucky for me I'm on a 32-bit system :-P
I'd only use 64-bit if I had a beast of a machine lol
Posted Image

#72 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:12 AM

I used the $3 shipping option to get Mirrors Edge from their sale last weekend and it shipped via USPS first class mail w/tracking. I hate media mail since it always seems to take 2 weeks to get to me; glad I haven't had to use it at either Newegg or GoGamer. I wish GoGamer shipping was free like Newegg (I remember ordering Crackdown w/free shipping from them and it only took a couple days to get here) but still $8.90 shipped for Mirror's Edge is a damn good deal in my books; especially when it takes less than a week to get here.

Just an FYI there are some issues with running Mirrors Edge on 64-bit Vista, posted earlier in the thread by me. There doesn't seem to be a clear solution either which sucks.

I saw you can't get it to launch; any other issues? I just played an hour of it (Vista x64 as well) and it worked fine so far. Curious if I should expect some random crashes or other oddities if there are issues with Vista 64.

Edited by V878, 25 July 2009 - 05:22 AM.

#73 halomaster

halomaster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:53 PM

I am fine with paying shipping but not when companies rip me off just because I live in Hawaii. Gogamer charged me extra for shipping to Hawaii when it's not really needed now I am not saying it's just them, plenty of other retailers take advantage of it just because we are an ocean away. However I mailed stuff to and from Hawaii all the time and shipping doesn't cost more than 20-30 cents than shipping from mainland to mainland. Yet we get stuck with a huge fee >_>, this is why I love shopping at Amazon since they don't discriminate against the 50th state >_> altho prime isn't elligible here but FSSS is.

That sux for you on shipping, but at least you don't need to pay $1o bucks for parking when you go to the beach. You just walk outside. LOL.. JK...

#74 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

You think that shipping is a "hidden fee"?

Seriously, get out.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#75 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:52 PM

You think that shipping is a "hidden fee"?

Seriously, get out.

Cry more?

There's no telling how much shipping will cost until you're at the checkout screen. That to me is a hidden fee.

#76 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:53 PM

I'm gonna grab Mirror's Edge and Prince of Persia tomorrow if they are still in stock
Missed both the first time around, glad to see they are back on sale :)

Pick them both up at Newegg; you'll save a dollar.

#77 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:01 AM

Pick them both up at Newegg; you'll save a dollar.

Wow really?
I'll do that instead, I love Newegg :-P

Edit: meh, I just bought Mirror's Edge for $6 shipped on Newegg
Prince of Persia looks ok, but I've got a big enough backlog to play through lol
Posted Image

#78 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:08 AM

For anyone interested in Mirror's Edge, it's now $5.99 at Newegg with free shipping.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#79 Drizztd9

Drizztd9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:17 AM

Cry more?

There's no telling how much shipping will cost until you're at the checkout screen. That to me is a hidden fee.

Lol welcome to buying stuff on the interwebs.

#80 hockeyfun66@

hockeyfun66@

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:44 AM

Cry more?

Most site tell you how much shipping is going to cost before the checkout screen, like eBay.

#81 jon714

jon714

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:06 AM

Does anyone know if the NCSoft cards will for sure work with Aion when it comes out?

It should work on any NCSoft game, so you should be fine. I ordered 2 copies already myself.

#82 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:07 AM

Cry more?

You're the one crying, kid.

Wow, that's a stupid definition of "hidden fee." If it's clearly disclosed at checkout, then it's not exactly hidden, is it?
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#83 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:21 AM

Wow, that's a stupid definition of "hidden fee." If it's clearly disclosed at checkout, then it's not exactly hidden, is it?

Mad? Did you furiously smash your keyboard while trying to dispute semantics? I smell ragequit. . .

#84 talon2099

talon2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:34 PM

Funny, I smell desperate avoiding of the man's question.