Mirror's Edge (PC) $5.99 + FS

[quote name='sgand']Mirror's Edge for PC is $5.99 with free shipping.

clear.gif
@ Newegg[/QUOTE]
any direct link?

Damn you newegg for charging tax(nj). Ill wait till amazon has it for 5.99. First gogamer now newegg. Hopefully amazon is next.

[quote name='s2k']Damn you newegg for charging tax(nj). Ill wait till amazon has it for 5.99. First gogamer now newegg. Hopefully amazon is next.[/QUOTE]

They should have been charging you tax in NJ for a long time, as they have a warehouse there. (which makes me happy, I usually get my orders from them in 1 day)

Yeah thats why i rarely order from them. Only if its a sweet deal. I know mirrors edge will be on sale at amazon soon though so ill wait.

Man, that's just nuts. Great game for the price, even though it's not for everyone. But hell, at $6 it's worth it just on the off chance that you'll end up being amazed by it.

[quote name='wedge119']Crap.
I bought it last week from buy.com for $11.[/QUOTE]

Just bought this yesterday for $8 something (i know not a big difference, but still). I even checked Newegg to see what their price was and it was still at $20......

Does Mirror's Edge have limited activations or other DRM besides SecuROM? I might pick it up anyways, since it's just $6, but I seem to be getting mixed messages from the internet regarding limited installs.

Yeah, I picked this and Prince of Persia (PC) up at the same time. $13.98 + free shipping for two relatively newer titles is pretty damn good. :D

[quote name='Link927']Interesting. I loved the 360 version, and now I'm tempted for the PC version. Anything special with this version?[/QUOTE]

If you have a high-end nVidia GeForce card with PhysX support, you can enable some pretty incredible physics stuff that is not present in the console vesions. It's pretty much all cosmetic, but it's pretty sweet eye-candy. Check out this comparison (the embedded video below is worthless; follow the link to watch it in HD at Youtube, so that you can really see the details):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0xRJt8rcmY&fmt=22

[quote name='Link927']Gah, just as I was about to buy it. Hopefully it'll show up again.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I just recently got around to playing the demo on PS3, and found the game very interesting. I can't say it became a must buy for me, but it's intriguing enough to make me want to buy it for $10 or so. $5.99 is more than worth it.

You guys might know me from my posting on the Big Lots thread. I am a receiver for a large closeout distributor of PC closeouts and I am privy to a lot of info.

We have bought and sold around 20K of Mirror's Edge for PC. We have shipped them to many, many internet resellers. They're also on their way to Big Lots ($ 6.00 retail) and Texas Bookman (retail price still unknown).

I'll keep you posted as I know more.

PCgirl.:bouncy:

[quote name='palejackal']Does Mirror's Edge have limited activations or other DRM besides SecuROM? I might pick it up anyways, since it's just $6, but I seem to be getting mixed messages from the internet regarding limited installs.[/QUOTE]

I know it has securom but I'm not sure which type of securom it uses. It might be just a disk check which I don't mind. However, some say it uses limited installs which I refuse to buy. I might just refuse to buy it for not making this clear on the product. I have plenty of games to last me the rest of my life without having to put up with this BS.

[quote name='PcGirl']You guys might know me from my posting on the Big Lots thread. I am a receiver for a large closeout distributor of PC closeouts and I am privy to a lot of info.

We have bought and sold around 20K of Mirror's Edge for PC. We have shipped them to many, many internet resellers. They're also on their way to Big Lots ($ 6.00 retail) and Texas Bookman (retail price still unknown).

I'll keep you posted as I know more.

PCgirl.:bouncy:[/QUOTE]Winnar!

Dammit Newegg! I just received my package on Thursday and they sent me TWO copies of Prince of Persia, but no Mirror's Edge. I already e-mailed them Thursday night asking how to fix this, but they still haven't gotten back to me yet. :bomb:

[quote name='BMXJouster']Dammit Newegg! I just received my package on Thursday and they sent me TWO copies of Prince of Persia, but no Mirror's Edge. I already e-mailed them Thursday night asking how to fix this, but they still haven't gotten back to me yet. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Live chat seems to be the fastest way to get in contact with them.
http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/CustomerService.aspx

Awesome! I just talked to someone and got the matter resolved. They originally credited my account for the game I didn't get, and told me to keep the extra copy of Prince of Persia. I told them I really wanted the game, and couldn't reorder it since it went back up to $14.99, so they removed the credit and placed a new order free of charge for Mirror's Edge. I'll still get to keep the extra Prince of Persia game though.

I knew I could count on Newegg. :D

Do all copies of Mirror's Edge include songs from the soundtrack, or was that exclusive to first print run?

Thank you

[quote name='DealHunter']Do all copies of Mirror's Edge include songs from the soundtrack, or was that exclusive to first print run?

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Don't know but they were free to download whether you bought the game our not on PSN. Might still be up.

bread's done
Back