• Please log in to reply
1267 replies to this topic

#61 whats_the_word

whats_the_word

That Broad!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:26 PM

FEAR2 is 360 only?? :(
SFIV is tempting but I rather hunt down some BlazBlue @ a decent price..

#62 roninld

roninld

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:28 PM

Dang! Picked up 2 copies of SFIV during 2 for 3 sale. Now gotta see if the GameStop I go to will be cool enough to let me give em back for the $20 version. Probably not. :(

#63 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:30 PM

crap, should have waited to buy SF4 (bought it like a month ago at full price)

This is a teachable moment, then, CAG in training.

Never buy at full price. Especially not with the economy how it is. Almost no games manage to sustain sales high enough to stay at a $60 price point. We had heard rumours Gamestop was going to go all out with sales this quarter due to lower profits and it looks like that's the case...

#64 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

Not that I'm questioning the validity on this, but is there an ad or some reference we can go by? I just don't want to have to walk into GS tomorrow and have to explain the price on a game if the new price hasn't been confirmed yet.

Check online tonight, the prices should drop if this is for real.

Given they had a very similar set of drops a few weeks ago for similarly new titles, I would put the odds of this happening as pretty good. There's no obvious flags this is bogus.

That said, with the last sale (when HAWX/Bionic Commando dropped) the games sold out FAST, both online and in store... so plan accordingly. I'm sure SFIV will be gone within an hour of this going live on the site. (if not sooner)

#65 HCHecxz

HCHecxz

The Hecxzellent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:33 PM

I just got BlazBlue yesterday.....shoot! But I can't let SFIV pass up for $20, Look like i'm going to be popping in the morning. Hopefully this is true.
The Hecxz-ellent One of CAG.com

Posted Image

#66 jwargand

jwargand

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:33 PM

is there an active coupon for free shipping?
I need more time for some game playin...

#67 evilsuperman33

evilsuperman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:34 PM

There are a ton of the 20 dollar games left form teh last sale at the gamestop in lawton, oklahoma. Is Street Fighter 4 really good? I am in if this deal is true!

#68 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:34 PM

Nothing that interests me, but hopefully they do more of these types of sales and include stuff I want.

#69 xrickyb86x

xrickyb86x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:36 PM

Anyways, go buy some HWV games on sale at $4.99 and move your money back or get SF IV or any other sweet $19.99 new game on sale right now at Gamestop.8-)

lol you're talking to me like I'm a CAG n00b. The stores in my area are cleaned out. The games left at HWV are barely fetching $1 - $2.50 (2.50 if you're lucky) at Gamestop. That is, if those are even left.
MMMMMMM

#70 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:36 PM

Lair is $20 r ya kidding me? that game should be $10!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#71 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

My goal for tomorrow is trying to get a Wii Speak and Animal Crossing for $20.00.

#72 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

What does HWV mean?

#73 evilsuperman33

evilsuperman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

i bought lair for like 4.97 at a sears like 3 months ago just haven't got around to opening it yet.

#74 xrickyb86x

xrickyb86x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:39 PM

What does HWV mean?

Hollywood Video
MMMMMMM

#75 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:40 PM

Hopefully this will be online as well as in-store, since I won't be able to run by a store until after the end of the sale.

#76 Sdawg

Sdawg

Lord of the Squirrels

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:41 PM

May pick SFIV up when I go to preorder FM3 LCE. Hopefully I can find a non gutted copy.
Posted Image

#77 1NintendoFan

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:41 PM

Just as an FYI, I was looking to see what Gamestop was currently charging for a couple of the games I'm interested in. Donkey Kong comes up when you search and shows the new price as $19.99 after $10.00 price drop. The used game is showing up with a $9.00 price drop. However, if you actually go in and look at the game or add it to your cart it goes back to its regular price.

I'm not sure if that is just a fluke, or if they are actually going to be lowering prices on used games for these as well.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about this, these will be my first games since becoming a CAG that will be decent titles. If I got all the games I'm currently wanting, that would be a total of $239.95 before tax and shipping. So if I get them tomorrow it will only be $100, I say that is a darn good deal!

Now I just need to take some time and decide what I'm going to get before actually getting there :wall:

#78 shido

shido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:42 PM

So, is this starting at 7pm like it used to for the B1G1 sales etc??

#79 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Wow, I'm very glad I waited on SFIV. I can't imagine it will be $20 any time soon after this sale. I may pick up Fear 2 as well.

Posted Image

#80 Thedrknss48

Thedrknss48

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

If the sale starts online tonight at 7pm, would it also start in store at 7pm?

I'm in for SF4, been waiting forever for a great deal!

#81 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

That's a spectacular assortment of drops on stuff I either already have or (Eugh... fighting games.) don't want.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#82 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

To answer some questions:

this is REAL I am not making this up like some have mentioned. What would I get for making up random deals? Besides this came straight from a company email that my source showed me.

Also animal crossing and excitebots are GAME ONLY no bundles (I.e wii speak or wheel)

There is NO AD for this. These are just temp markdowns that go from 7/28-8/2

street fighter iv seems to be limited in the stores around me and the email instructs the associates to display the $20 street fighter sale. on the counter to push this amazing price. Don't wait on this, buy street fighter asap when sale starts.

#83 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:44 PM

Wanted for PS3 and 360 is showing as "Not Available Online", so that's not an option for picking it up. That one would be in-store only.

#84 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:45 PM

Shrike, just let me know which one that you're looking. I can always ship it your way.

I didn't know that a lot of people are looking for FEAR 2. I just returned an extra copy of $ 12.48 to Target an hour ago.

#85 deadite76

deadite76

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:46 PM

Thanks OP! Will probably pick up SF IV and Wanted. Won't be able to swing by GS until the weekend, so here's hoping that I can find SF IV by then!
Posted Image

#86 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Very nice sale. You don't get Edge discount with this so buying for $20 and flipping to Amazon for $16 isn't a good deal. Is Wanted good for $20 or is that more of a $10-$15 or a rental?

#87 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Wanted's a solid rental anyway. 50 Cent and Ao2 are much closer to "buys". Not to knock Wanted, it is a nice ride, but this is definitely not a game you'll come close to justifying keeping as opposed to renting.

EDIT: I really, really hope all my GS's sell out of SF4. It is going to be tough to resist that price. Chun Li's thighs are hypnotically drawing me in.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#88 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:47 PM

The last sale had many of the games go "not available online" for a few hours leading up to it, IIRC.

I just checked the thread from the 7/8 sale and they went live online around noon ET the day the sale started.

(just noticed SFIV for 360 and PS3 just went to "limit 2 per household", they didn't have that wording when I first checked when this thread was posted)

#89 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:55 PM

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=73987

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat is already $20

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#90 Prix Dante

Prix Dante

CAGiversary!