Gamestop/EB Sale: Street Fighter IV $20+more SALE ENDED EARLY :(

• Please log in to reply
1267 replies to this topic

#1021 morphineseason

morphineseason

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:56 PM

After picking up SF4 yesterday, I decided to go back and pick up Animal Crossing (which I almost picked up at launch for ~$45). For once they had a sealed copy of it too! Can't beat these deals.

#1022 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:56 PM

who knows, someone may take a sealed copy to Walmart and exchange it for $59.99 in store credit.

Your dreaming about committing fraud.
Idiots dream idiotic things....:roll:
Back to SD/FW with you...

#1023 Eric1285

Eric1285

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:01 AM

He was being sarcastic, you maybe a staunch consumer activist, but you're clearly gullible. Go to Best Buy, price match there and get on with your life. It's only 20 dollars and it's clearly not worth getting pissed off over, couple the amount of time you spent filing a complaint and writing a whiny letter to consumerist.com

Regarding consumerist.com, think whiny youtube and CAG comments are bad? THINK AGAIN! Go there then quickly read the whiners here, what a breath of fresh air.

I actually subscribe to Consumerist's RSS feed. I also wrote my email while waiting for the tires to be installed on my car, so no time wasted. I think you'd be surprised what a well written letter sent to the right people can achieve.

#1024 pokadotpowerpuff

pokadotpowerpuff

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:03 AM

Wow >_> I am stuck with 2 seal copies of Street Fighter 4 and Fear 2 each, I am probably going to return 1 of each. Reason why was because 2 nights ago when this deal surfaced I didn't think the GameStops around me would have any sealed games in stock so when I woke up I ordered it online and then my brother suddenly called and said he helped me picked up SF4 and Fear 2 at the stores because i told him last night to and forgot to tell him that I ordered it. So I tried canceling the online order but then it was too late and they shipped it already >_> I hate dealing with returns when it comes to GameStop. Btw I am not a flipper and I have no intent to flip and it was an accident that I picked up two copy since this site is kinda sensitive to flipper and I just want to make that clear.

#1025 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:05 AM

People the sale is ending early. It will end tomorrow. Go now and get what you want. The sale is ending also for the older $20 games (Bionic Commando, HAWX etc) all $20 sale games in the past month are going back to regular price tomorrow.

#1026 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:06 AM

For anyone in the Tampa area, near USF -

The Terrace Center Gamestop, next to the Perkins (next to USF) is sold out of SF 4, both systems (got the last PS3 one), and I just snagged the last Animal Crossing today.

They still have Excitebots and Wanted, but I don't think they have many Fear 2's left either.

The University Mall Gamestop is apparently sold out of SF 4 too... going to have to go to Brandon if you want SF 4 now.

#1027 robbart914

robbart914

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:09 AM

Got my copy from ordering online. It was sealed if anyone's worried

#1028 morphineseason

morphineseason

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:13 AM

People the sale is ending early. It will end tomorrow. Go now and get what you want. The sale is ending also for the older $20 games (Bionic Commando, HAWX etc) all $20 sale games in the past month are going back to regular price tomorrow.

Weird. Didn't know retailers could end sales early. I guess it wasn't really an advertised sale though. Any idea why they're ending it early? Glad I got everything I wanted.

#1029 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:18 AM

Any idea why they're ending it early?

Lack of stock would be the obvious reason. At this point, I'd bet that most stores are out of most of the games on the list.

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#1030 smashngrab77

smashngrab77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:20 AM

the gamestop in clarkston, MI on sashabaw had 2 copie for 360 sealed today at around 3 pm. if anyone is in that area might be worth a check or at least a PM from wal mart or BB

I also ordered a copy on each platform from the website if anyone is interested in trading pm me they are both sealed

#1031 equax

equax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:34 AM

Dammit, I missed out on this deal. First GS i went to in lynn, MA sold out for PS3. Second one I went to the dude sold the last copy in Salem, MA. Looks like I'll have to wait for a new deal. :) Thanks to the OP for informing us about this deal though.
Cheap-ass-gamer-student member.

#1032 lowerclassbrats

lowerclassbrats

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:50 AM

Managed to pick up a sealed copy of SFIV this morning. Came back home and my 360 red ringed on me. Looks like I'm not going to be playing this one for a month.

Maybe a ps3 is the way to go.

#1033 lowerclassbrats

lowerclassbrats

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:52 AM

I picked up Fear 2 and Warioland Shake it yesterday and both were the display copies.

#1034 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:53 AM

Got my copy from ordering online. It was sealed if anyone's worried

Out of curiosity, which shipping method did you choose? Where are you located? Ordered mine yesterday and it isn't scheduled until Friday :/
Posted Image

#1035 blackwaltz34

blackwaltz34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:55 AM

i cant believe the sale is ending early

i got sf4 at launch so i dont have to worry about that....unless my friend asks me to get a copy for him.

im still debating on picking up wario or not....its just that i went over my video game budget already

#1036 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:55 AM

So....I can still get one of these games tomorrow? I wanna get a FEAR 2, is it ENDING tomorrow or do the prices go back up tomorrow?

#1037 MotzCTG

MotzCTG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:02 AM

picked up wario land shake it for $20 (opened copy) yesterday. glad i got it when i did :)

#1038 Sillentassasin

Sillentassasin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:06 AM

anyone have a copy of Wanted for PS3 someone wants to unload?

#1039 osugsxr

osugsxr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:06 AM

went to one of the gamestops in my area, have to say this was one of the better ones. Both employees were very helpful, called up and told him to hold a copy which they did. Get there and he shows me the streetfighter OPENED, asked if he had a sealed copy and they did!! Shopped around and talked with them for awhile, also ended up buying fear2. Asked when the sale would end, he had no clue, could be whenever...... so $43 or so, not bad.

Would be willing to trade streetfighter for something....probably wont play it. send PM

#1040 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:17 AM

I'd blame the major news outlets that posted this deal for it ending early.

also if the sale ends tomorrow, why is SFIV back to $40 already online?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#1041 Jmclark

Jmclark

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:17 AM

Weird that the online prices are back up. I was at GS about two hours ago, and I was able to pick up Excitebots on sale still. I didn't see how much was left, since they were behind the counter.

#1042 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:29 AM

now online the ad for SFIV on the right is for used GTAIV for $20 now.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#1043 Ecsa0014

Ecsa0014

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:30 AM

I almost forgot about this deal. Luckily, I managed to order a copy of SF4 (360) while at work this morning.

#1044 Jauron

Jauron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:31 AM

Glad I ordered last night...

#1045 kjay80

kjay80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:34 AM

ok, my local gamestop says the SF4 $20 deal ends today, not tmr!!!
i confirmed with 3 local stores.
by the way, i am in nj.

#1046 MeGaWC27

MeGaWC27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:34 AM

Well in NY, All 3 gamestops near/at the Queens Center are sold out of SF4.

The GS at 91-41 QUEENS BLVD still has a copy without case or manual if anyone is interested.

Posted Image

#1047 Narok

Narok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:39 AM

This sucks, I planned on picking up Fear 2 but all the local GS are closed already. Hopefully I can find one that still has the sale going tomorrow.

#1048 osugsxr

osugsxr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:40 AM

my sealed streetfighter 4 is for the 360....
enjoying fear 2....

#1049 akalboy

akalboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:43 AM

Drats, only had time to stop by 1 GS today....and they were sold out of SF4. Now they're all closed, oh well, guess I'll just have to wait until the next sale.

#1050 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:44 AM

I picked up SFIV for the 360 yesterday. I almost waited but with what I just read about the sale ending early.....I"m glad I didn't hesitate!!
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~