Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop/EB Sale: Street Fighter IV $20+more SALE ENDED EARLY :(

• Please log in to reply
1267 replies to this topic

#1051 hectorlaparka

hectorlaparka

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:47 AM

I wanted to buy F.E.A.R. 2, but I heard it wasn't that good.

Oh well, it was a great sale though, especially for those who didn't bought SF IV on the first day.

#1052 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:55 AM

I suppose GS wasnt expecting such an order. Was just about to buy a copy online too. =(

Nothing to see here, move along!

#1053 blissskr

blissskr

Come on Square

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:02 AM

Glad I went today and grabbed Ps3 SF4 and Fear 2 and Wii Animal crossing. Had to take a gutted SF4 though as it was the very last copy.

#1054 1NintendoFan

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:05 AM

That totally stinks Gamestop is stopping the sale early. It was a great sale and it is too bad not all the CAG were able to get in on it.

For once, I didn't over think something and just bought the games. I usually think something over so long that I run out of time or it is sold out, fortunately the OP gave me enough notice I was able to think it over the entire night before and get what I wanted on the day of the sale.

I can't believe that Gamestop actually already has the shipment on its way to me and it has already left Nashville, so hopefully it will get here soon. I've been watching my credit card to see if they charge me for the order I canceled within two minutes of placing it, but I haven't got any charges for either order yet, so hopefully everything will work out there as well.

#1055 mercilessming

mercilessming

Call upon Dyzan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:05 AM

I wanted to buy F.E.A.R. 2, but I heard it wasn't that good.

Oh well, it was a great sale though, especially for those who didn't bought SF IV on the first day.

It wasn't as good as the first FEAR but was still a great FPS, compared to all other FPS beside FEAR 1....
Do you feel the need to prove you have Online Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (a.k.a. The Grammar Nazi) ????

#1056 element676

element676

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:09 AM

Why would gamestop stop the sale early all of a sudden after advertising it till 8/2? What a joke. This is one of many reasons I personally dislike Gamestop.

#1057 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:13 AM

I can only imagine why corporate is pulling the plug.

"Oh my God why are so many people buying this game, Fuck Fuck Fuck! Stop the sale now!"

:P
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#1058 ps360gamer

ps360gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:13 AM

It sucks they ended the sale early, on top of that a few Gamestops I went too closed early. 8PM normal in NYC they closed at 7 PM

#1059 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:14 AM

I was going to go to GameStop tomorrow on lunch...is it over at close tomorrow, or over at close today?

#1060 kodave

kodave

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:17 AM

Just out of curiosity, unless things are in the hands of small children, what happens to the original cases and manuals? Is there some kind of graveyard with original cases, manuals, and missing socks from the dryer?

#1061 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:18 AM

I can only imagine why corporate is pulling the plug.

"Oh my God why are so many people buying this game, Fuck Fuck Fuck! Stop the sale now!"

:P

Yeah, really- "fuck! More people have bought SFIV in the last 24 hours than since launch! What are we thinking selling it for so freaking cheap??"

There's a big "emergency shutdown" switch being pulled at Gamestop HQ...

Glad I got most everything I wanted. Would've liked to maybe check a couple more PMs out but maybe it's for the best to cool it money-wise..!

#1062 solidsmooky

solidsmooky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

It's over now

#1063 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Wow, I made out like a bandit today. Traded in cart-only copies of Layton and NSMB with four garbage games for over $60 in credit. Used that to buy SFIV and FEAR 2, with over $20 left. Then, I returned a copy of FNR4 I had purchased several weeks ago during their "Trade 3, get FNR4 free" promo. The dude gave me cash because I renewed my Edge card... O_O

Posted Image

#1064 matthewhsh2002

matthewhsh2002

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:29 AM

no luck with SF4 but found a sealed copy of FEAR2 for ps3... not bad for $20!

#1065 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:31 AM

I say Fuck throughout this whole thing. Its already over after a day it started. GS never fails to disappoint.

Somebody should edit the OP to state that is over already. :bomb:
"Once a scientific truth emerges. . . It is the way of the world. When different experiments give you the same results, it is no longer subject to your opinion. . . It's true whether or not you believe in it. That's why it works. "
". . . We live in a country that guarantees free speech, but it's not a country that guarantees anything you say is correct."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

#1066 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:35 AM

Wow, it ended tonight? Even in store?

Posted Image

#1067 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:43 AM

Some games are still $17.99 used. That's conciliation I guess if they have it still at that price tomorrow, which is very very doubtful.
"Once a scientific truth emerges. . . It is the way of the world. When different experiments give you the same results, it is no longer subject to your opinion. . . It's true whether or not you believe in it. That's why it works. "
". . . We live in a country that guarantees free speech, but it's not a country that guarantees anything you say is correct."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

#1068 akalboy

akalboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:48 AM

Meh, hopefully GS realizes that WITHOUT this sale, a lot of people won't be buying these games from them and will restart it randomly again, lol

#1069 dreamer2050

dreamer2050

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:51 AM

ya i wanted to get street fighter 4 for ps3 and was sold out of all gamestops near fairfax,VA area and also wanted to price match in evening but stupid gamestop raised price to 39.99 on their website.SO might have to wait for next sale though.

#1070 MidRetro

MidRetro

Game Completist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:54 AM

Thanks for the heads up on this sale, Tenzor. I was able to go to my local Best Buy at lunch and PM :360:SF IV for a trade with another CAG and get Wii Music for $20, along with older GS $20 sale games, :360:H.A.W.X. & :360:Endwar. Out the door with 4 new games and points towards some RZ certs for under $85 total is a win in my book.

Glad I went today instead of waiting until later.

Currently Playing:
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Animal Crossing:New Leaf & Mario Golf: World Tour
:ds: Nothing
:360: Shinobi+Hanzo.jpg

#1071 whywakeup

whywakeup

The Chief .

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:00 AM

Got a sealed copy of Madworld today . Has any one noticed the lack of employees in the mornings ? There was only one person per store at every store i went to .

Posted Image

#1072 lpaca

lpaca

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:17 AM

so is the sale over in stores as of now? or will it go for 1 more day?

#1073 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:18 AM

I edited the OP, I was on my iphone earlier, so I was not thinking clearly when typing and accidentally put the sale ending tomorrow, but The sale ends at the close of business tonight, which is pretty much right now. Most west coast people as of this post have like 45 mins until the store closes to get any of the $19.99 prices that are left.

#1074 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:21 AM

Got a sealed copy of Madworld today . Has any one noticed the lack of employees in the mornings ? There was only one person per store at every store i went to .

I think managers are usually the ones that open up shop.

So the SF4 I bought just happened to be defective and to top it all off, it was the last gutted copy. I was wondering if they'd just give me a refund or try to pass off a used copy as a replacement? Any thoughts?

#1075 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:23 AM

sale ending early? wow

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#1076 smackattack

smackattack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:29 AM

Total joke of a sale. The first day I hit 3 gs before 5pm and they were sold out of SF4 for ps3, had them call 2 others within driving distance, sold out. So they were tapped in my area before working CAGS could even get a shot.

I called another 4 gs in my area today within a larger circle from my yob and all sold out.

Might as well end the sale, the damn game isnt in stock anywhere. Mission accomplished GS, excellent clearance, but you probably torqued off more people than you pleased with this sale.

#1077 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:33 AM

My 3 gamestops near me have SF4 in stock but I avoided this sale as I had the games I wanted already. Then it ends early and I hear some of you cant get the game at all. I would have helped some of you if the sale wasnt already over.

#1078 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:34 AM

I think managers are usually the ones that open up shop.

So the SF4 I bought just happened to be defective and to top it all off, it was the last gutted copy. I was wondering if they'd just give me a refund or try to pass off a used copy as a replacement? Any thoughts?

Most likely they will call stores around to send a replacement copy over or e-mail corporate to get a replacement copy for you. Since you purchased a new game (even though it was already open and gutted) they would not allow a refund for money or exchange for a different game because it has been "opened" and "played". All new SOFTWARE and HARDWARE sold from GameStop can't be returned once opened or used. They can only be exchanged if the item is defective, but only for the identical item.

Which in this case if a copy is not available, they usually call local stores or the GS wherehouse to send them a copy for a defective exchange. Which means they may make you wait it out until a replacement comes since you have 30 days, and it would only take 3-5 days to get a copy there.

#1079 jmillion

jmillion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:36 AM

Well in NY, All 3 gamestops near/at the Queens Center are sold out of SF4.

The GS at 91-41 QUEENS BLVD still has a copy without case or manual if anyone is interested.

yea i picked up the last ps3 copy from the one near Sears yesterday. works fine. it was gutted but it was clean.
Posted Image

#1080 strikeratt

strikeratt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:37 AM

Wow I got extremely lucky then, I went there today 30 mins before closing just because to pick up my SFIV and I wasn't even going to because I thought I had plenty of time.

Got a pair of drumsticks and a bionic commando patch as free swag to boot :D
Asus P5W DH Deluxe / Core 2 Duo e6550 with Big Typhoon Cooler / Sapphire 3870 2x (the 2 in one) / 2x 2GB OCZ Reaper Memory / Sound Blaster Xtreme Gamer / 20x Lite-ON DVD Burner with Lightscribe / 400GB WD with Windows XP Home / 500 GB WD Green Power with Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit / 700w OCZ PSU / Razer Diamondback Mouse / Zboard

Posted Image