Gamestop/EB Sale: Street Fighter IV $20+more SALE ENDED EARLY :(

• Please log in to reply
1267 replies to this topic

#1261 Tester222

Tester222

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:32 PM

Tossing my experience into the mix here. I got a gutted copy from the online store (with a very dirty case) and immediately sent an email to the general "help@gamestop.com" email address. They only offered to return the game and sent me a UPS shipping number. I followed up with another email questing why I received a used game when I ordered new and have not heard back yet.

I filed a complaint with the BBB, but wouldn't mind sending something to the FTC as well. Does anyone have a link for the FTC complaint page? Yes, this is a minor issue, but if everyone takes it laying down then nothing will ever change. File a complaint with the BBB and call them if you received a used copy. The power of the masses will prevail.

#1262 Kelegacy

Kelegacy

All Around Nice Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:12 PM

Good, the more complaints corporate is bombarded with, the better. Keep 'em flowing.

#1263 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

FTC Complaint form. I'd think the FTC would be better in the long run than the BBB (although you're more likely to get a *personal* response to BBB, in my experience, FTC complaints put it on the government's radar and if the rumors are true that the FTC is already investigating Gamestop for these practices it's a good thing to add more experiences to show this really is a trend)

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Edited by Justin42, 04 August 2009 - 09:23 PM.

#1264 Samunoske

Samunoske

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:13 PM

I want to file a complaint with the FTC, but I can't figure out how to configure my browser to use SSL V.3.0. I'll figure it out.

I did call Gamestops customer service again. I decided I would take my "free" copy by getting the credit to my account. The guy I talked to said that it wasn't possible and that they have no record of me calling yesterday so there was no way to verify what I said I had been told. He did offer me a $10 credit to Gamestop.com or the option to return my copy and wait until they get a new copy in, which acccording to him could be as early as August 10th.

#1265 Tester222

Tester222

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:44 PM

Thanks for the FTC link - Complaint Filed! :)

I received a follow-up email with the same $10 code as others have received here. Hopefully they will change their policies, but none of us will know until the next fiasco happens. All we can do for now is call, email, and file reports and hopefully something will change.

#1266 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:08 PM

Wow sorry to hear all of this. I guess I'm the lucky one, I just received all 4 copies sealed last Friday from 2 different shipment.

I wonder if online/corporate employee gets the same benefit as store employee; being able to "rent" the game.

#1267 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:42 PM

I just called again to try to get some clarification of the return issue given no games are in stock.

She said they did get a number of gutted games from stores but they all "should have been" new and had no explanation as to why games were arriving in poor condition. She tried to make it sound like they only have gotten a few calls about this. (which is interesting given she didn't look up my order, and knew exactly what I was talking about without much information from me) I did have to laugh when she asked "It did have a sticker on it that said new, right?"

I didn't get offered any sort of credit, which is probably a good thing since after this experience I'm not in a huge rush to order from Gamestop.com again.

She said to just return the game and they'll ship a new one out "when they get more in stock" which they have absolutely no idea when that'll be.

Why do I have a feeling this is about to go from bad to worse? (I can't shake the feeling I'll ship this back and never see another copy of the game)

#1268 Mugen Power

Mugen Power

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:52 PM

I ordered a new copy for the PS3 and got a gutted one. I called to complain and the guy said I could keep it and get a $10 coupon or return it. I asked if I could get an exchange and he said I couldn't since it was out of stock at that time. So, I opted for a return, for which he provided a paid return label.

I sent it out the next day and, afterwards, noticed that it came back in stock online. So, I called them again, told them my situation, and asked if they can change my return into an exchange. He did just that and I waited for the new delivery.

The 2nd delivery finally came and, guess what, another gutted copy. I immediately called again to find out WTF is going on. So far, everyone I've called from the 1st guy said that this shouldn't have happened. This time, I wasn't offered a coupon, only a return or exchange. I decided to give the exchange one more shot.

The only reason I'm doing this is because I used a unique coupon code on the order, which they obviously won't recredit to me. So, although I didn't pay as much out of pocket as some people, I wouldn't have used that coupon if I knew this was going to happen. Heck, I wouldn't even have bought SFIV if I knew this would happen, since I was never really interested in the game.

What sucks is that those of us getting gutted copies are probably getting each others' copies that we returned/exchanged. Anyway, here's hoping that 3rd time's the charm. :roll: