Photo
- - - - -

F.E.A.R. 2 (PC) $23.99 at Amazon ($21.59 w/ ECA discount)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jtdragon

jtdragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:57 PM

Found this while searching Amazon to see if they would match Gamestop's deals on the console versions. Just wondering if I should pull the trigger on this since I was hoping for better graphics on PC but from the reviews I've briefly glanced at, it sounds like a console port. Any thoughts?

#2 vherub

vherub

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:10 PM

there is a 3rd party seller with 100% feedback listing it for a few dollars less total.

#3 $CASH$

$CASH$

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:20 PM

there is a 3rd party seller with 100% feedback listing it for a few dollars less total.

Yup, looks good. Be sure to buy this game new. It needs to be activated via STEAM. Even retail copies so if it's used it may already have been activated by a previous owner.

#4 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:08 PM

Not bad, but I'll wait for GoGamer.com to drop it to $15 or less (like they always do).

#5 BMXJouster

BMXJouster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:59 PM

Well, if you're not planning on purchasing anything else, you could always get it via Newegg for the same $23.99 price, but with free shipping:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16832777004

With Amazon, I know you need to spend $25 or more for free shipping. As for if it's worth it, well...I've heard it's not as good as the first game. It's decent, but nothing great. I'm probably also going to wait for it to be either 75% off via Steam (since you need to activate the retail version through Steam anyways, it's the same thing), or wait until it's $15 or less at Newegg or through another site or store.

#6 NutManIV

NutManIV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:32 PM

WARNING: Fear 2 requires you register your key with Steam. It's really some amazing BS.

#7 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:49 PM

WARNING: Fear 2 requires you register your key with Steam. It's really some amazing BS.

Eh... not really a big deal. Steam is flexible enough for DRM... it's probably the only form of DRM that I don't mind.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#8 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:55 AM

It's only BS if you're a software pirate.

#9 necrojustice

necrojustice

is fighting Tyson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:04 AM

Or you ever hope to make $10 off your copy later on when you finish it.

#10 qqq123

qqq123

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:24 AM

It's only BS if you're a software pirate.

Ignorance, ignorance, ignorance... Software pirates get the pirated version which has the DRM removed. DRM only hurts paying customers.

#11 mhnajjar

mhnajjar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:44 AM

Ignorance, ignorance, ignorance... Software pirates get the pirated version which has the DRM removed. DRM only hurts paying customers.

Well said :applause:

#12 mhnajjar

mhnajjar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:45 AM

After activating it through STEAM, would you be able to play it offline without having to connect to STEAM? I heard that even the single mode has to be connected to STEAM in order to play so if you are on the go, tough luck, is this true?

#13 therigger

therigger

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:32 PM

After activating it through STEAM, would you be able to play it offline without having to connect to STEAM? I heard that even the single mode has to be connected to STEAM in order to play so if you are on the go, tough luck, is this true?Posted Image

Anyone know this answer? Before I purchase.