Photo
- - - - -

Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

• Please log in to reply
1913 replies to this topic

#31 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

$0.56 for GTA3 with $5 off coupon, just FYI for anyone interested. I didn't jump on it.

#32 CaptainPiracy

CaptainPiracy

Health: 97% Armor:50 :-P

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:28 PM

Well I was psyched to order something.. but... The first Item I tried, said someone else bought it first... then my coupon code wasn't any good anymore!! So I tried another item with a different code.. same deal.. and it disabled that code.. So I tried ONE last time.. SAME THING.. So it disabled all my coupon codes and never ordered a single thing!!

Lame.
~Capn

#33 Cagney&Lacey

Cagney&Lacey

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:21 PM

Hey all. Just wanted to pop in and say "Hi" and that I work for Glyde. I saw this thread and thought I might be able to help.

You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll make that info easier to find.

Also, the coupon code problem mentioned by CaptainPiracy is a bug, but we're already working on a fix and it should be out soon. In the meantime, if this happened to you or you have any other issues, just send an email at service-at-glyde.com and one of us will be happy to help you out from there.

Sorry for the hiccups, but I hope that helps. We're young and still have some kinks to work out, but we definitely want to make our customers happy.

p.s. If it's against CAG's policies for company employees to posting like this, I'll :-#.

#34 Coper3000

Coper3000

Gettin' Old.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:39 PM

Hey Cagney&Lacey, if you wanted you could pm CheapyD and ask if you could post your site on here, like this one posted (not sure if you have too, but I believe so). I started this thread and am trying to edit it decently, but if you wanted to open another thread with this deal then you could, and I would have this one deleted. You probably have a better idea of your company than me, as far as updates and everything, haha.

Edited by Coper3000, 31 July 2009 - 07:52 PM.

#35 darooster

darooster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:45 PM

Can you stack the coupon codes, and how do you do it if yes? And are the prices going up, because someone said Halo Wars was 25 and it says 45 before coupon code now.

#36 Guest_PvtChurch_*

Guest_PvtChurch_*

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:49 PM

Lot of really good deals on there but I'm always weary of buying used when I can't see an actual picture of the item. I'm a stickler for cases, artworks, and manuals.

#37 the4thnobleman

the4thnobleman

Helpdesk Wookiee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:51 PM

I bought Rock Band from them back in late June. Item arrived in a nice Glyde bubble media mailer. They send follow-up emails asking if the item was in the condition it was described. You can contest it from that point if it isn't and they mediate. Solid company and I would do business through them again.

I'd liken it to an Ebay with a bit more control on the items that get bought and sold. They seem to take positive strides to make sure people aren't selling "Good" or "Excellent" condition games when they're scratched and abused to hell.

I caught a "lottery" coupon code back when I ordered from them. It gave a random dollar amount up to $5 max. I got the $5 so I ordered RB for $10 shipped. Sadly the Movie Gallery/Hollywood sale popped up and I spotted RB for $5 there. Still, they're solid and I would recommend them to most anyone in search of a decent deal on the items they sell.

They also deal in comics and various books that are priced between decent and ripoff....specifically some really great deals on Transformers TBP's, but then others were absolutely ridiculous. It's priced by the seller though, so I can't blame Glyde and I simply move along to the next item in the list.

#38 mcpeepants

mcpeepants

EAT YR POTATO RICKY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:10 PM

bought PS3 Gundam Crossfire on a whim and listed a new 360 Viva Pinata for the hell of it... I'll ride the trolly...

#39 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:14 PM

You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly.

Ah, I tried clicking on the grey circle with an "i", and nothing happened. I guess I didn't hover long enough. Not exactly intuitive.

So you're saying that "good" condition games don't have to include the manual? I assume this to be the case, since in my experience most "former rentals" do not include a manual, and you mention the manual nowhere in your description.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a jerk about this, but if there's no manual, it's not even vaguely in "good" condition. For that matter, if there's a scratch -- light or no -- on the disc, it's not in "good" condition either. There is no such thing as a scratch from "normal wear" -- if you handle the disc as you should, keeping it in either the case or the console at all times, there's no reason for it to get scratched. It sounds like what you're calling "good" should be called "acceptable" at best.

I'm picky about the condition of my games, and your descriptions are leaving too much to chance, so I don't think you'll be seeing any more business from me. Sorry.

Edited by arcane93, 31 July 2009 - 08:36 PM.

#40 jkanownik

jkanownik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

There's an excellent Excite Truck for $13.39 shipped - $5 coupon = $8.39
Posted Image

AC: 4682-1344-1734 (Leenie - Home)

#41 the4thnobleman

the4thnobleman

Helpdesk Wookiee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:52 PM

Arcane, just to let you know the copy of Rock Band I mentioned earlier was pristine yet listed as "good" on the site. It also came complete. I think the big thing is it all depends on the seller. If the seller misrepresents a product, you simply contest it, post-sale and I'm pretty sure you get your money back and Glyde takes action against the seller.

#42 unclenebber

unclenebber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:56 PM

How about if a game is going to be disc only, or without instructions, you put that. That's why people buy in store. Disc only, even with a replacement case, isn't in 'good' condition. It's bottom of the barrel. It's a notch above unplayable.

#43 spoo

spoo

Wood for your sheep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:01 AM

Thanks OP, I just bought Viva Piñata New for $6.81 shipped.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Cos by Ozzkev55 | Cock by OTM
The original CAGaming lagoon thread.

#44 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:44 AM

Ummm, besides whatever your personal incident/experience was with Zipzoomfly, you do understand that they are not only a verified and "credible" company...this however seems to have sprung up overnight.

Anyone willing to take one for the team and order something on the cheap?

I was thinking that they were at one point. When I purchased what was supposed to be brand new RAM ended up being faulty broken RAM with a credit card. My purchase sent up a red flag with the bank. The bank doing their job, calls me to make sure nobody stole my card. I knew I should have denied the charges. Their inability to provide any type of actual customer service or zzf mgmt to handle my problem. They refused to give me a full refund. Has the same characteristics of a fly by night company such as what this one seems to be. Long story short, I had to get my lawyer involved so that I could get a full refund.
I guess the only people that work for zzf are the ones who take the orders over the phone. I never heard from any mgmt the entire time. I don't really care anymore cuz I got my money and now I boycott them. I got a few businesses to join me too.
I was suprised but not now at how many complaints by the bbb zzf has had against them. I didn't learn about that until after the mess started.
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#45 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:06 AM

Arcane, just to let you know the copy of Rock Band I mentioned earlier was pristine yet listed as "good" on the site. It also came complete. I think the big thing is it all depends on the seller. If the seller misrepresents a product, you simply contest it, post-sale and I'm pretty sure you get your money back and Glyde takes action against the seller.

Yeah, the thing is that their definition of "good" allows for product that is, in my mind, not "good" at all. I can't contest it (or, well, it wouldn't be right to contest it) if the product does fit within their description of "good" but doesn't fit within my definition of "good". Let's face it -- by their definition, "good" allows for a game that's an obvious rental, with scratches, no manual, shelf wear, and a replaced case -- all in one package! Does it even require that the original cover art be included? It's not clear. So as long as their definition is so far off from mine and allows for such a wide range of possibilities, it's not worthwhile. I might get lucky and get one like you did that's pristine, but there are no guarantees.

I might consider them for "excellent" or "new" titles, because there's less margin of error with those, but honestly, I don't have enough incentive to dig through their site as much as I'd have to in order to find those. It's too much of a pain, the prices on those aren't that great for the most part, and it seems like the majority of their listings are in the "good" category. Maybe if they made it possible to filter the listings by condition I might feel more inclined to take a quick look through every now and then, but without that it's not worth the effort.

What it comes down to is that they need a way for the seller to enter more specific details -- maybe even specifically ask them about condition (check boxes for "light scratches", "missing manual", "damaged case", etc.). Give the general terms for quick reference, but also give the buyer more specific information before ordering. One of the reasons why I will buy used games from half.com or Amazon, but won't buy them from the Gamestop website (because it's even less descriptive than this), is that half.com and Amazon allow the seller to enter a detailed description (and to contact the seller for more info if needed, which this site doesn't seem to allow). On those sites, I feel like I know what I'm getting. Here, I don't.

Yeah, you're right, it all depends on the seller -- but it's up to the site to provide the seller with a means to clearly describe what's being sold, and there is none here. Leaving it to a single word (and one with such a vague range of possibilities at that) makes it way too YMMV for me to put my money into it.

Edit: Oh yeah -- the other thing that half.com and Amazon do that this site doesn't is let me know who the sellers are, and show me ratings from other people who have purchased from them. I don't like the large amount of anonymity here. The seller could be a jerk who ships slowly and screws half of the people he deals with, and I'd have no way of knowing it before ordering from him.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more this site appears to be an epic failure to me. I'd love to have another good source for games, but this isn't it.

Edited by arcane93, 01 August 2009 - 03:41 AM.

#46 Prophecize

Prophecize

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:20 AM

Zack & Wiki at <$10 is a steal imo.

#47 bones56

bones56

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:40 AM

I think its a legit site, i didn't see anything i needed though.

Posted Image

#48 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:10 AM

I'm interested to see how the end result is.
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#49 strikeratt

strikeratt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:32 AM

I'm gonna give it a shot if I can find something.
Asus P5W DH Deluxe / Core 2 Duo e6550 with Big Typhoon Cooler / Sapphire 3870 2x (the 2 in one) / 2x 2GB OCZ Reaper Memory / Sound Blaster Xtreme Gamer / 20x Lite-ON DVD Burner with Lightscribe / 400GB WD with Windows XP Home / 500 GB WD Green Power with Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit / 700w OCZ PSU / Razer Diamondback Mouse / Zboard

Posted Image

#50 Hudson187

Hudson187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:49 AM

I picked up Castlevania: Curse of Darkness for Xbox @ $2.80 shipped after coupon. I'll let you all know how the transactions goes...

#51 Blinkster

Blinkster

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:55 AM

This is a pretty cool site, but is there anyway to search for games? Or do I just have to scroll through everything?
Posted Image

#52 Skoad

Skoad

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:28 PM

This is a pretty cool site, but is there anyway to search for games? Or do I just have to scroll through everything?

Hit "See all" in the bottom right corner, there will be search in the upper right.

#53 mcpeepants

mcpeepants

EAT YR POTATO RICKY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:24 PM

Thanks OP, I just bought Viva Piñata New for $6.81 shipped.

Order #1385729889 by any chance?

#54 ROTTINGCORPSE

ROTTINGCORPSE

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:04 PM

I am taking a shot at metal gear solid the twin snakes for gamecube. $18 and change shipped with the coupon. put order in on 8/1. I will update if it arrives. Prices seem like they are randomized by an old school rpg stat roll generator.

#55 coldgears

coldgears

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:24 PM

I was going to bite and then when checking out i found out you can't use paypal...

#56 Blinkster

Blinkster

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

Hit "See all" in the bottom right corner, there will be search in the upper right.

Lol, thanks for letting me know.

Anyways, I am going to sell some stuff on here as well. Hopefully everything goes well. Anyone ever sell something on here? How do you get paid? Check?
Posted Image

#57 spoo

spoo

Wood for your sheep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:11 PM

Order #1385729889 by any chance?

It sure is, I'm guessing it will be coming from you?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Cos by Ozzkev55 | Cock by OTM
The original CAGaming lagoon thread.

#58 falcondealz

falcondealz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:20 AM

Picked up Mario Kart DS for $13.30 and F-Zero GX for $7.39. Games are coming in about a week or so. Two great games for about $20. Nice. Great site. I'll come more often.

I didn't like, however, that I could only use one coupon total.

#59 Hudson187

Hudson187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:09 PM

Just wanted to update: I order Castlevania: Curse of Darkness for Xbox ($2.80 shipped) and it arrived today in a Glyde bubble mailer - the game is brand new and still shrink-wrapped. Not bad for 2.80!

#60 Quintox

Quintox

Chicken Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:52 PM

I was going to bite and then when checking out i found out you can't use paypal...

QFT I was going to buy something but don't want to give my CC to a new site for a $2 item.

EDIT: Wait Paypal has some kind of credit card generator, don't they?